• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy On The Hunt For 1x1

MidnightStar3

Assassin Of The Dark
Hello and welcome to my search thread, I'm Midnight. I've been RPing on and off for years. I'm looking to get back into it as I've been away for a bit.

A little about me:
- mom in my twenties.
- work a full time job, mostly during the day.
- usually write 3+ paragraphs, depending on what I'm given. Of course if there's a lot of talking things will be shorter.
- love anything fantasy. Slice of life doesn't really keep my interest for long.
- love playing more than one main character.
- play both males and females.
- prefer hetero pairings.
- ditch friendly. It happens, I understand. I'm guilty of it myself, though not on purpose.

What I WON'T do:
- MxM, just not my thing.
- purely slice of life. As stated before, doesn't hold my interest long.
- one/two liners. Even if the characters are just talking it's not hard to write at least a few sentences. Their thoughts, feelings, body movement, ect.
- first person POV. I've tried reading RPs set in first person, and I just can't do it.
- present tense (I am doing something, I can see, ect) I can't even read stories written this way, feels like I'm reading a play and that's a no go for me.

Cravings:
-

Pairings, Genres, Ect:
(I suck at making this list)
- vampires, werewolves, demons, ect
- powers
- apocalypse/post-apocalypse
- ghost x human/vampire/ect
- detective x detective/criminal
-

Plots:
- Detective x Detective/Criminal
(Some sort of fantasy aspect could easily be added into this. Powers, supernatural beings, ect.)
Two detectives are partners (could be private investigators, work for an agency, ect). They've recently got a case of numerous murders. Little does detective A know that detective B is actually the one behind the murders, though detective B feels they're doing society a favor by killing druggies, alcoholics, ect. Of course detective B doesn't want anyone finding out, so being so close to the case they're able to hide evidence and such to steer the investigation the way they want it to go. Detective B is also aware the detective A isn't as clean as they seem to be (could be an alcoholic or something) and hopes that by seeing what happens to those like them that detective A will stop, before detective B stops them.

- Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter(s) are tracking down an item they've been after for a while and discover they're not the only ones. At first it's unclear why anyone else would be interested in the object, until they see first hand the power it has. Upon farther research it's discovered the object they are after is just a piece for a far more powerful artifact that.

- Supernatural Detectives
Our characters are partners that specialize in supernatural cases (and are probably supernatural in some way themselves) and get a seemingly normal case, but shortly into it they discover something doesn't add up. After a bit they end up uncovering something they shouldn't know/be involved in. They could continue because of curiosity or determination to finish the case or whatever reason.

- Haunted
Character A has just moved to a town, getting a good deal on a house on the outskirts surrounded by the forest. It seems like a great place, but what they don't know is the place is haunted. Character B is the resident ghost. Character A quickly starts to uncover some secrets about the house. (Character B could help or try to keep A from the secrets. Plenty of different ideas can go with this one.)

- Dreamer
After being in an accident that caused them to go into a coma, Character A finds themselves in an alternate world; one where magic and the creatures that go bump in the night are real. They find that they also aren't as 'normal' as they used to be. After meeting someone who calls this world home, they discover they may be part of a prophecy, one that will decide the fate of the world. Is this world actually real, or just a dream?

- Royal Decisions
Character A is the heir to the throne of a peaceful nation, at least they thought it was. During their Choosing ceremony (ceremony to pick their future spouse) there's an attack aiming to kill anyone of the royal family. The king and queen are killed and A is forced to run, or suffer the same fate. But where can they go and who can they trust? It seems everyone is against them now. And if they do manage to survive, what will they do; live in hiding for the rest of the life, or take back the kingdom that's rightfully theirs?

- Ultimate Secret (Will require doubling)
Character A and B used to be best friends, growing up in a small town. A war began against the government and the emerging rebels, most of which had some sort of ability that the government wanted to use for their own gain. A's father was killed in combat, and once A was of age they joined the military to follow in their father's footsteps.

While A is gone, B discovers they are one of the 'gifted' ones, and after discovering what the government was really up to, joined the rebellion themselves. Years pass and A finally returns home for a bit, unaware of what their childhood best friend has been up to since they've been gone; B is now leader of the rebellion. B knows they have to keep their identity a secret from A, seeing as how much A hates the rebellion that claimed their father's life.

To make things harder, A has a military buddy coming with them (Character C), someone B has never met. It doesn't take long before C begins to suspect things about B. There's also Character D, B's now best friend (possibly second in command). D is definitely not too fond of B hanging around the enemy so closely, even if they have old ties. One slip up and everything they've worked for, all the friends they've lost, could be for nothing.

More things will be added as they happen/come to mind. Don't be afraid to message me with a pairing and no plot, I'm fine with brainstorming one together.

Last edited:
I've been dying to do a boss x colleague role-play but, I didn't know who to ask. You seem pretty open to new ideas so.... New idea?

I’m interested in a supernatural detectives RP. Let me know if you’re still interested

Hello, I'm quite interested in the Royal Decisions story. It's similar to a story I've been dying to do for a while, so it'll be fun to get to do such a story. I'm a decently skilled RPer with 11 years under my belt, so there'll be no issues of one-liners or lackluster post sizes. I wouldn't mind playing any role in such a story and don't mind playing either gender if you have any specifics in mind. PM me and we can iron out some details and see if we'll mesh as RPers. I most likely won't respond until tomorrow however as it's quite late for me.

Mmmm....The Dreamer idea sounds interesting, but it needs a little bit more convincing for it to be an absolute for me. There's some stuff, I'm 'ehh' with. If that's not a problem with you feel free to PM me. If you don't wanna change anything, feel free to delete this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back