• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic On the Frontier - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna
He probably does, but it wouldn’t be a ludicrously big amount of money. More than a common thief or murderer, but he’s far from public enemy #1. So... moderately high? I don’t have a concrete number in mind.

VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow
To be honest, I’d hoped for a few more criminals to lead. But a doctor’s always welcome on board, and necessary more often than not! So you’re welcome. And thanks in advance: We’re probably going to get shot at really soon.

Graystone713 Graystone713
So like mid-100k or so? Just trying to possibly get a thing going and to see how hungry Brandon is. ^_^ But if the Doctor ( VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow ) has a bounty or just someone l looking for him for some reason, then that increases the motivation for Brandon to expend the effort to travel to Hygeia.

Part of the reason I'm not giving a concrete number is that I'm not 100% on how credits translate to the currency of today, and the other part is that I'm legitimately not sure how much the Rock Boss is worth. He's basically the era's equivalent of a train robber, keeping casualties low, but... Well, not nonexistent. And though I didn't find a spot for it in my bio, he prefers targeting Terrasite contractors, meaning that they probably put more money on his head than anyone else does. Given the GM's note, I'm not sure if I ought to correct that to 'Terrasite's subcontractors', or if that's corporate news twisting the truth. Really, I think if anyone ought to decide the price on Conley's head, it should be our GM.

TLDR: I dunno how much he's worth, but Saurosian Saurosian might.

That's fair. I'm not sure how credits/currency inflation from today to now (in RP) works either, which is why I added the bit about getting paid in precious metals. Humans will almost always like those shiny bits of metal. I think that would be a safe option for the solid price. And I like the idea that a Terrra would put a bounty on the Rock Boss, but try and keep it on the DL. I think since Rock Boss isn't the baddest/murderiest bad guy out there that a single Corp wouldn't want to publically chase after someone like that.

Skipping out on a greasy organization would be enough motivation for a bounty I think. Not large, but big enough.

Graystone713 Graystone713 VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow I work on a post.

Sorry for my short absence everyone, but I am so happy to see the discussion I get to come back to.

So, credits and bounties. Take it this way: 10 credits buys you a good but not luxurious drink in most belt establishments. 30 credits would get you a good, filling meal. A worker's wage in the shipyards might be 20 credits an hour. The cost of buying passage on a trawler from Ceres to Vesta or Pallas to Hygeia might be 500 to 1000 credits. The cost of buying a rusty trawler might be 50 000 to 80 000 credits. The cost of buying a sleek, fresh runner, straight out of a Lunar factory might be 300 000 to 600 000 credits. Keep in mind that the number of people in the belt who could even consider buying something like that would number less than a hundred.

A bounty for a non-violent criminal who's causing substantial monetary loss, instability of supply chains, and fear/paranoia for independent captains and their crews, such as our friend Conley? Between all the different sources you could cash in on, you might amass 100 000 to 150 000 credits, right now, with the price rising whenever a ship that's part of a conglomerate, a criminal sect, or a corporation gets hit. Just to compare, the bounty for a violent criminal - say, an assassin or a renowned thug with a history of murdering people who get between them and what they need - would be in the 8000 credit range. The deciding factor is obviously who's getting hurt, and your assessment that Terrasite would be the most likely company to covertly fund a bounty just to get a pest off their back is 100% right.

After long debate over where to take the story to get it AROUND to some other interaction, I've finally made up my mind on where to take Neil's narrative.

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to bringing some excitement to the table for others. :^)

^_^ I am curious to see which side of the coin your pilot will fall on. ^_^ I am looking forward to this.

I like it. I was trying to wait and give y'all a chance to have a couple of posts. But moving forward is always a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back