• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic On the Frontier - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Saurosian

Consecrated
Prospectors. Bounty hunters. Explorers. Miners.
People just trying to work an honest day's work in a place where the division between night and day is the flickering lights in one's own ship.

A low-tech space western set in the Asteroid belt in an only somewhat distant future where the Klondike gold rush is replaced by the heavy metal asteroid rush. The local 'watering holes' are found at the likes of Ceres Centre or Vesta Station, the only place where the independent fortune-seekers and scoundrels mix and mingle with the crews of the big corporations based out of Earth and Mars. Trawlers are hunks of steel only fit to fly because they're cheap, and good enough to get from one asteroid to the next's orbit; crawlers are the landing craft that make the trip down to the surface and get the goods back out.

The roleplay itself is open ended: you make a character, and then you take control of your own plot. Do you have one old roleplaying friend who you haven't had a good roleplay with recently? Invite them to plot something with you, and act it out in this little world we've made. Make new friends in and out of character, and make enemies in character (but not out of character). I hope that this roleplay will feel organic: that lots of little groups of roleplayers will inhabit this world with their little clusters of characters and their own interlocking plots, and that over the course of the roleplay each of these clusters would intersect from time to time, forming a tapestry in which everything is connected, but nothing is forced together.

This roleplay is the product of this interest check. Read the first few paragraphs to get more of a sense of the atmosphere we're aiming for.

Character Application Form

Name:
Sample Post: (Write a post from your character's perspective - maybe an influential moment in their past, or an average day in their life, or a moment of self reflection. You could also just write this as if it's your first post on the roleplay, and feel free to reuse it as such.)

Ship Application Form

Designation: (name or number)
Category: (see 'Ship Terminology')
Outline: (appearance and major components)
Speed Rating: (agility/travel, adding to a sum of 10, eg. 3A/7T, which would give a low agility of three and a high long-distance travel speed of 7)
Weaponry: What types?
Cloaking Rating: (out of 10) (when a scanner rating is equal to a cloaking rating, the scanners succeed) (a rating of 3-7 would be average, while ratings of 9 and 10 would be reserved for the newest and most advanced technology, available almost exclusively to the corporations)
Scanner Rating: (out of 10) (when a scanner rating is equal to a cloaking rating, the scanners succeed) (a rating of 3-7 would be average, while ratings of 9 and 10 would be reserved for the newest and most advanced technology, available almost exclusively to the corporations)

Clean Versions:

Name:
Sample Post:
Additional Notes:

Designation:
Category:
Outline:
Speed Rating:
Weaponry: What types?
Cloaking Rating:
Scanner Rating:
Additional Notes:

Guidelines
  • There is no character limit. If we ever end up needing one, we'll add one.
  • Get involved with other roleplayers. Encourage a natural development of the story. Plot things together, and see what comes of unplanned interactions, too.
  • Remember that we're here to tell a good story. Don't ruin anyone else's fun by godmodding or powerplaying - characters are often far more interesting when they have substantial weaknesses, especially in this setting where everyone's pretty down on their luck anyway.
  • Don't stress about post length or frequency of your activity. Just write good stuff and keep us in the loop when you'll be absent for a while.

Last edited:
Feel free to post your applications in this thread. We can also use it for general discussion and just chatting. In-Character thread will be up once we have at least two accepted characters.

I already have a pretty clear idea of what I'm doin in my head, but would anyone else like to share some of their character/ship builds?

My current thinking is a bandit leader/pirate captain with a trawler big enough to have hangars for a few smaller vessels. Or maybe a hauler, if it’s more appropriate. But the core idea is to make someone for our other potential outlaws to rally behind, and make sure his ship can accommodate the ships of other players.

Trawler isn't really meant to define anything specific; trawler is just a general name for ships that fly within the belt, while haulers are the huge ships that make the trip between the belt and the home planets. I think calling it a trawler would be fine.

Name: Lukas 'Rock Boss' Conley
Appearance: A lean man covered in wiry muscle, he seems a strong man wasted away to nothing. The metal where his heart is supposed to be, along with an arm lost and replaced, only add to this idea. His hair is dark, his skin unnaturally pale, and from some angles, one could think him dead already. But his hazel eyes burn with the sort of hatred only the living can hold onto. However, much of him is covered, as even indoors or planetside he wears a space suit, covered in handmade armor, its crude hammerwork evident to the plain eye. This, in addition to an excavator saw and a heavy stun pistol, make him an intimidating figure, to say the least.
Sample Post:

---Trawler 'Gold Panner', 1500 hours, approx.---
Lukas was getting antsy. The trawler they'd been waiting for should have been here by now. His helm sat beside his mug of coffee, and his chief engineer nervously fiddled with the scanners. He sipped at the watery swill in his cup, and idly wondered if the men he was after would have the real stuff instead of the instant crystal garbage his crew subsisted on. "No luck on the scanners yet?"

"None, sir. I'm-... Hold on. Is that...?" said the young man currently in charge of the mechanical army that held his ship together and most of the computers. Then he pointed to the relatively narrow view port, whose shield was down. "Look at that. Invisible to the scanners, but the star's lit him up for us. Easy to see with the naked eye."

Lukas followed the finger, and sure enough, there it was. "Open a channel, let's see if they're good hosts." He said, and the engineer nodded before he spoke.

"Unidentified trawler, we see you on visual. Requesting to trade and speak."
There was a pause, no acknowledgement. Then, the ship's thrusters flared to life, and they tried to book it. Lukas didn't say a word, just hit the engines and put himself on an intercept course. this would be close. "Put me on, I wanna say something."
"Roger, sir."
"A-hem. This is Lukas Conley. Surrender the cargo, and nobody gets hurt. Run, and it's a fight. A lot of people are counting on you to make the right choice..."
He said, trailing off to leave the other ship in suspense. No return communique. Lukas kept up the pressure, pushing Gold Panner hard. He was gaining. He was almost in grappling range. Then, the cargo bay opened.
"Do you see weapons? Scanner got anything?"
"No, but-... I'm seeing cargo tags starting to pop up. Retrieval tags. Are they just gonna throw the cargo at us?"
"Yep, get on grapples, now!"

There was a flurry of motion as the engineer swapped over to the fire director's console and took over the grapples, quickly firing one as a large crate flew out. The scanners confirmed that it was rare earths, and as it was drawn in, it briefly flew out behind Gold Panner. Then, a second crate. Again, rare earths. This one, Lukas had to evade, and the other ship used the opportunity to get distance. It was getting up to speed now, and Gold Panner was losing it now. There wasn't time to stow the boxes and grapple the target. So, Lukas pulled off the throttle and let them run.
"I can't exactly blame 'em... But that was rude." said the Rock Boss, taking a big gulp of coffee.
"They made some smart plays. If we got hit by that, it would've been bad... This old rust bucket needs a lot of work, maybe a few hunters in the bay." said the engineer, fiddling with the grapples as they craned the crates into magnetic clamps.
"You know we can't afford that. Even this stuff isn't worth enough on the black market. That being said, I think it ought to be enough creds to hire help. I'm plotting a course for Hygeia. Alert the crew, and the second we get in transmission range, see if we can access trade-net and classifieds. I wanna start lookin' at resumes..."

Additional Notes: If asked, he's quite eager to share the story of how he lost his heart. To put it bluntly, there was a mining 'accident' that nearly killed him. He's not so sure it was an accident.

Designation: Gold Panner
Category: Trawler, heavy.
Outline: Envisioned as a 'mining dropship', the Gold Panner is a large trawler equipped with lots of cargo space, and a vehicle bay capable of holding four relatively small vessels. However, it was not designed for long-term flights or crew habitation, so much of the cargo space is loaded with converted shipping containers, turned into quarters, common rooms, and other stations required to keep a crew going on longer voyages. Additionally, its armament was originally quite conservative. Now it's ready to engage in violent boarding actions, befitting a pirate's vessel.
Speed Rating: 5A/5T The Gold Panner was envisioned as a sort of inbetween ship, going from stations or haulers to nearby asteroids, dropping off miners, vehicles, and a temporary base of operations, then returning later to pick them and their precious cargo up. As such, it's maneuverable enough to navigate an asteroid and land on it, but nowhere near a fighter vehicle's agility. Conversely, it's not a slouch when it comes to long distance travel speed, but it can't match a real hauler. All in all, the best a pirate can ask for these days.
Weaponry:
Stunner Turretsx3- Light autonomous stunners with a decent rate of fire, they can slow down other ships, but it's rare for a single hit to knock a whole ship offline. Really, they're mostly defensive, as hunters can rarely stand up to them for long, and approaching without one spotting you is near-impossible.
Heavy Grapplex2- Modified cranes, these were originally intended to move cargo or small vessels. But with thicker cables, beefed up engines, a more powerful launch rail, and built-in stun capability, these grapples can latch on to trawlers and prevent escape while boarding actions take place. Or, potentially take a struggling hunter all the way in to the vehicle bay... Assuming you could hit it. The grapples are tricky to aim, and it can take a few tries to hit even a trawler of similar size.
Cloaking Rating: 2 The best this ship can do is shut down power and hope it's dismissed as just another scared miner. It certainly looks that way.
Scanner Rating: 4 While this ship can spot another ship easily enough, any vessel putting serious effort into hiding will likely stay hidden.
Additional Notes: The ship has a few crew members aside from Mr. Conley, but it's a skeletal operation, and most of the ship's functions are currently overseen by robots, and Conley himself often serves as her pilot, as there's really no-one else around to do it.

Name: Lukas 'Rock Boss' Conley
Appearance: A lean man covered in wiry muscle, he seems a strong man wasted away to nothing. The metal where his heart is supposed to be, along with an arm lost and replaced, only add to this idea. His hair is dark, his skin unnaturally pale, and from some angles, one could think him dead already. But his hazel eyes burn with the sort of hatred only the living can hold onto. However, much of him is covered, as even indoors or planetside he wears a space suit, covered in handmade armor, its crude hammerwork evident to the plain eye. This, in addition to an excavator saw and a heavy stun pistol, make him an intimidating figure, to say the least.
Sample Post:

---Trawler 'Gold Panner', 1500 hours, approx.---
Lukas was getting antsy. The trawler they'd been waiting for should have been here by now. His helm sat beside his mug of coffee, and his chief engineer nervously fiddled with the scanners. He sipped at the watery swill in his cup, and idly wondered if the men he was after would have the real stuff instead of the instant crystal garbage his crew subsisted on. "No luck on the scanners yet?"

"None, sir. I'm-... Hold on. Is that...?" said the young man currently in charge of the mechanical army that held his ship together and most of the computers. Then he pointed to the relatively narrow view port, whose shield was down. "Look at that. Invisible to the scanners, but the star's lit him up for us. Easy to see with the naked eye."

Lukas followed the finger, and sure enough, there it was. "Open a channel, let's see if they're good hosts." He said, and the engineer nodded before he spoke.

"Unidentified trawler, we see you on visual. Requesting to trade and speak."
There was a pause, no acknowledgement. Then, the ship's thrusters flared to life, and they tried to book it. Lukas didn't say a word, just hit the engines and put himself on an intercept course. this would be close. "Put me on, I wanna say something."
"Roger, sir."
"A-hem. This is Lukas Conley. Surrender the cargo, and nobody gets hurt. Run, and it's a fight. A lot of people are counting on you to make the right choice..."
He said, trailing off to leave the other ship in suspense. No return communique. Lukas kept up the pressure, pushing Gold Panner hard. He was gaining. He was almost in grappling range. Then, the cargo bay opened.
"Do you see weapons? Scanner got anything?"
"No, but-... I'm seeing cargo tags starting to pop up. Retrieval tags. Are they just gonna throw the cargo at us?"
"Yep, get on grapples, now!"

There was a flurry of motion as the engineer swapped over to the fire director's console and took over the grapples, quickly firing one as a large crate flew out. The scanners confirmed that it was rare earths, and as it was drawn in, it briefly flew out behind Gold Panner. Then, a second crate. Again, rare earths. This one, Lukas had to evade, and the other ship used the opportunity to get distance. It was getting up to speed now, and Gold Panner was losing it now. There wasn't time to stow the boxes and grapple the target. So, Lukas pulled off the throttle and let them run.
"I can't exactly blame 'em... But that was rude." said the Rock Boss, taking a big gulp of coffee.
"They made some smart plays. If we got hit by that, it would've been bad... This old rust bucket needs a lot of work, maybe a few hunters in the bay." said the engineer, fiddling with the grapples as they craned the crates into magnetic clamps.
"You know we can't afford that. Even this stuff isn't worth enough on the black market. That being said, I think it ought to be enough creds to hire help. I'm plotting a course for Hygeia. Alert the crew, and the second we get in transmission range, see if we can access trade-net and classifieds. I wanna start lookin' at resumes..."

Additional Notes: If asked, he's quite eager to share the story of how he lost his heart. To put it bluntly, there was a mining 'accident' that nearly killed him. He's not so sure it was an accident.

Designation: Gold Panner
Category: Trawler, heavy.
Outline: Envisioned as a 'mining dropship', the Gold Panner is a large trawler equipped with lots of cargo space, and a vehicle bay capable of holding four relatively small vessels. However, it was not designed for long-term flights or crew habitation, so much of the cargo space is loaded with converted shipping containers, turned into quarters, common rooms, and other stations required to keep a crew going on longer voyages. Additionally, its armament was originally quite conservative. Now it's ready to engage in violent boarding actions, befitting a pirate's vessel.
Speed Rating: 5A/5T The Gold Panner was envisioned as a sort of inbetween ship, going from stations or haulers to nearby asteroids, dropping off miners, vehicles, and a temporary base of operations, then returning later to pick them and their precious cargo up. As such, it's maneuverable enough to navigate an asteroid and land on it, but nowhere near a fighter vehicle's agility. Conversely, it's not a slouch when it comes to long distance travel speed, but it can't match a real hauler. All in all, the best a pirate can ask for these days.
Weaponry:
Stunner Turretsx3- Light autonomous stunners with a decent rate of fire, they can slow down other ships, but it's rare for a single hit to knock a whole ship offline. Really, they're mostly defensive, as hunters can rarely stand up to them for long, and approaching without one spotting you is near-impossible.
Heavy Grapplex2- Modified cranes, these were originally intended to move cargo or small vessels. But with thicker cables, beefed up engines, a more powerful launch rail, and built-in stun capability, these grapples can latch on to trawlers and prevent escape while boarding actions take place. Or, potentially take a struggling hunter all the way in to the vehicle bay... Assuming you could hit it. The grapples are tricky to aim, and it can take a few tries to hit even a trawler of similar size.
Cloaking Rating: 2 The best this ship can do is shut down power and hope it's dismissed as just another scared miner. It certainly looks that way.
Scanner Rating: 4 While this ship can spot another ship easily enough, any vessel putting serious effort into hiding will likely stay hidden.
Additional Notes: The ship has a few crew members aside from Mr. Conley, but it's a skeletal operation, and most of the ship's functions are currently overseen by robots, and Conley himself often serves as her pilot, as there's really no-one else around to do it.

This all looks good - approved! We'll wait for at least one more applicant and then I'll make the IC thread.

Nearly done with mine, just have the sample post and the engine rundown and I'll be good to go.

Not sure what amended amended is going with but I have just worked up a character and will get started on the post after Amended has posted. I plan on going with Medic.

u-g-PH3A7T0.jpg

Neil Hartford

Appearance:
Often deemed as your "average Joe", Neil matches the description perfectly. 5'10, ectomorph build, dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, ultimately Neil's entire composition is destined to be the sort of guy you just look right by on the street. Although, the few scars and tanned skin that can be found on him tell a completely different story. The gaze he holds while looking at you can tell you just how inquisitive he is, as his nature as a combat pilot for his security firm has shaped the way he approaches everyone and everything. Most of the time when on duty, Neil wears his pilot's suit and only dawns the appropriate helmet when either nearing or during operation. In the few fleeting moments of leisure, Neil can often be found in standard crewman's overalls in a light, faded blue color and some nameless pair of sneakers.

Sample Post:
"At the End of the Line"

-=0900-A Small Rock On The Outskirts Of The Belt=-
Neil hated doing work for corporations, but the current contract he was assinged ran out today and that knowledge is what allowed him to sit quietly in his hunter. Besides, he reckoned in his head, I'm just glad it's with Bluemoon and not those Martian bastards. Oftentimes Neil liked to imagine that his Hunter, "The Blue Follow", could read his thoughts or listen to him talk and would aptly share his opinions; in some way, that line of thinking made Neil less lonely and far more comfortable in the cockpit of the combat machine. The dim pulsating light of the active radar repeatedly drew Neil's eyes back towards the screen, his mustache twitched in rhythm almost to the tranquil beeping that told him there was no read past the friendly ship he'd already marked.

His eyes went straight to the buggies as they began their noisy gallop towards the desired ore deposit. "This is Tea-Grey Four, cleared my nav' by accident. Send me the coords back ASAP." The voice emitted from the last buggy in line, "Tigre 04" sprawled on the side of the engine block in big block letters. "What's wrong, Downing, can't keep your eyes on the guy in front of you? Just stay in line and follow the leader, we'll handle vectors later." Neil was amused by the exchange, albeit desperately desiring to butt-in and correct the buggy's driver on his educated pronunciation. Of course, he'd have to settle for keeping quiet. After all, security firms like the ones Neil worked for hated chit-chat on the job. Neil's eyes didn't remain on the buggy convoy for long, instead they stretched upwards to the rocks that sat above the vehicles in the canyon. If there were ever as good a place to ambush a mining survey group, Neil figured it would be this gorge.

Neil jumped in his seat as the shrill weapons warning screamed in his headset. His eyes fell back to the radar just in time to see two red dots collide with two friendly markers on the screen. All of the men in the convoy lit up with panic and clouded the comms with their terrified calls and yells. Neil looked back up towards the gorge, the time between fire and splash had been far too close to have been from any airborne units, and his eyes confirmed that suspicion as they came to rest on two disturbances of lunar dust from the base of the gorge. Neil flipped on the master arm and located the spot with the targeting computer before he opened up on the marked spot with his dual stunners. The two raider ships scrambled from their hiding position, one of them being struck by a beam from one of the scanners directly after liftoff and falling right back down to the surface of the rock. The second raider had better luck than his friend and took off up the gorge.

"That's enough of your screaming, I'm taking over this operation now! Get your buddies back into a working buggy and hit the road A-S-A-P!" Neil called over the comms, surprisingly his demand for silence was heard and obliged during his instructions. Two buggies had been hit by Mosquitoes; one of them had been sheered in half while the other had the front third of it blown off and was flipped. There was no telling how many men were still alive, just that somebody surely bought the farm. While the crewmen scrambled to gather the wounded, Neil decided that sitting and hiding at the bottom of this canyon wasn't going to prevent that raider from coming back. The Blue Follow's engines stirred to life and jumped to full thrust capability in only a couple of seconds, the completion of spool-up was quickly followed by Neil's steep increase of thrust and subsequently followed by the fighter leaping from its camouflaged spot in the lunar ground and gaining altitude.

As the Blue Follow emerged from the canyon, the warning alarm cut on once again. Neil's eyes darted between the radar, his instruments, and the visor to the outside world, all the data being received gave the pilot all the information he needed to catch the rat bastard doing this. The craft pulled into several harsh turns, all of them disoriented the raider's targeting computer and allowed Neil to squeeze his craft around to make visual contact with the raider craft. The ship in focus sat on top of the gorge amidst a small grouping of rocks. Although Neil had no time to consider it, in different circumstances he might have appreciated the raider's effort of camouflaging his craft grey and black to blend in on this lunar soil. The raider's ship sprang into action as Neil bore a lock on him, Mosquito missiles leaving their racks moments later. The two lights danced towards the scrambled craft like lit cigarettes thrown off a bridge, Neil's mouth began to curl into a smirk as he realized just how good a mark he had.

One second he was here, the next gone; the raider craft exploded in a brief flash of light, followed by a scatter of parts and electronics out the back end of where the two Mosquitos had impacted. "Bee-Forty-Two Actual, this is Blue Follow, threat has been neutralized. Returning to docking bay now." The bridge acknowledged his message as he returned to the spans of the gorge in which the landers were sat in. "How's that for a last day on a contract, huh?" Neil's crew chief remarked over the comms, the pilot's eyes spotting him standing by the door of one of the two landers. The pilot looked over the carnage left, namely the two destroyed buggies that lay where they had been hit, their equipment having been stripped from them and crewmen retrieved. "I hate working for corporations." The words went unanswered but the crew chief held a smirk.

"The Blue Follow"

Designation:
Custom Modified T-104/F

Category:
Light Hunter

Outline:
The T-104/F is a popular modification of the T-104 runner used for recreational or commercial jobs. While most T-104/Fs are used in security work and occasionally apprehended by outlaws are relatively standard by any measure, the customized fighter used by Neil is anything but. The Blue Follow has improved scanners and avionics as well as an improved engine when compared to the average T-104/F. This was all a result of company interest from Bluemoon, who funded an improved fighter program in Jericho Arms, a security firm rumored to have been created by Bluemoon since they seem to sign contracts exclusively with the corporate entity. The Mosquito missiles and their holding canopies can be retracted and stored in compartments in the wings and the two stunner lasers can have their muzzles retracted into the forward cowling of the fighter, allowing it to pose as a civilian ship if need be.

Speed Rating:
8A/2T
While the engine was built initially for transport and non-combat, the modification into a fighter ship forced several changes to be made in concern to fuel consumption, engine power, etc. Even furthermore, when Jericho Arms got funding from Bluemoon to expand their fighter program, one of the primary modifications in their sight was to further redesign the engine for maximum combat efficiency. But like a "perfect ten", maximum combat efficiency is impossible to obtain in any regard. But Jericho Arms' efforts rang fruitful, providing the custom fighter with an engine that improved vector control and overall avionics. Yet as beneficial as it has provided for dogfighting, it serves poorly for long periods of travel, as it becomes incredibly unreliable if left in an idle state for too long.

Weaponry:
14x "Slim" style Mosquito Missiles:
These rockets are designed with hull penetration in mind. The front end being incredibly narrow and pointed, their main purpose is to pierce a ship's hull and then, through use of a delayed detonation mechanic, explode in an estimated penetration time. In theory, the missile's delayed detonation will be triggered once within the hull and completely eviscerate the inside of the ship.

2x Primary Arms S4 Stunners:
Made for close-in combat, the stunners function in two manners: First they operate primarily in a "vector-control" mode, in which the guns have a limited range that they can move in coordination with the targeting computer. For clarification, this means that they can move independent of the zero-point of the Blue Follow, giving the pilot extra leverage in the event he can't pull a direct bead on a craft in a maneuver fight or if he has to keep a stationary position yet sustain fire over a given range. Of course, the guns are entirely limited to pointing forwards and can't extend past the edges of their cowling.

Cloaking Rating:
The Blue Follow wasn't made to hide, instead, it was designed to seek and destroy. The extent of the ship's cloaking extent would be the chaff countermeasures it can deploy to scramble any tracking weapons. If Neil gets readouts of any Mosquito launches, he can deploy the countermeasure, sending dozens of tiny strips of aluminum and other metals into its wake, deployed out of small launchers that face backwards towards the rear of the craft. In zero gravity, the strips will hurtle and spread back towards the pursuing weapons, both distracting their tracking and damaging them upon contact. Aside from this feature, there is no measure taken against hiding from enemy ships.

Scanner Rating:
In keeping with the doctrine of "Seek And Destroy", the scanner system of the Blue Follow performs better than the standard T-104/F system. In particular, not only can it detect if a ship is active or trashed, it can detect if there are biological readouts in a spacecraft.

Additional Notes:
Has the capability to carry an extra person as a passenger in the cockpit, but it's very cramped, to say the least.

Last edited:

u-g-PH3A7T0.jpg

Neil Hartford

Appearance:

Often deemed as your "average Joe", Neil matches the description perfectly. 5'10, ectomorph build, dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, ultimately Neil's entire composition is destined to be the sort of guy you just look right by on the street. Although, the few scars and tanned skin that can be found on him tell a completely different story. The gaze he holds while looking at you can tell you just how inquisitive he is, as his nature as a combat pilot for his security firm has shaped the way he approaches everyone and everything. Most of the time when on duty, Neil wears his pilot's suit and only dawns the appropriate helmet when either nearing or during operation. In the few fleeting moments of leisure, Neil can often be found in standard crewman's overalls in a light, faded blue color and some nameless pair of sneakers.

Sample Post:

"At the End of the Line"

-=0900-A Small Rock On The Outskirts Of The Belt=-

Neil hated doing work for corporations, but the current contract he was assinged ran out today and that knowledge is what allowed him to sit quietly in his hunter. Besides, he reckoned in his head, I'm just glad it's with Bluemoon and not those Martian bastards. Oftentimes Neil liked to imagine that his Hunter, "The Blue Follow", could read his thoughts or listen to him talk and would aptly share his opinions; in some way, that line of thinking made Neil less lonely and far more comfortable in the cockpit of the combat machine. The dim pulsating light of the active radar repeatedly drew Neil's eyes back towards the screen, his mustache twitched in rhythm almost to the tranquil beeping that told him there was no read past the friendly ship he'd already marked.

His eyes went straight to the buggies as they began their noisy gallop towards the desired ore deposit. "This is Tea-Grey Four, cleared my nav' by accident. Send me the coords back ASAP." The voice emitted from the last buggy in line, "Tigre 04" sprawled on the side of the engine block in big block letters. "What's wrong, Downing, can't keep your eyes on the guy in front of you? Just stay in line and follow the leader, we'll handle vectors later." Neil was amused by the exchange, albeit desperately desiring to butt-in and correct the buggy's driver on his educated pronunciation. Of course, he'd have to settle for keeping quiet. After all, security firms like the ones Neil worked for hated chit-chat on the job. Neil's eyes didn't remain on the buggy convoy for long, instead they stretched upwards to the rocks that sat above the vehicles in the canyon. If there were ever as good a place to ambush a mining survey group, Neil figured it would be this gorge.

Neil jumped in his seat as the shrill weapons warning screamed in his headset. His eyes fell back to the radar just in time to see two red dots collide with two friendly markers on the screen. All of the men in the convoy lit up with panic and clouded the comms with their terrified calls and yells. Neil looked back up towards the gorge, the time between fire and splash had been far too close to have been from any airborne units, and his eyes confirmed that suspicion as they came to rest on two disturbances of lunar dust from the base of the gorge. Neil flipped on the master arm and located the spot with the targeting computer before he opened up on the marked spot with his dual stunners. The two raider ships scrambled from their hiding position, one of them being struck by a beam from one of the scanners directly after liftoff and falling right back down to the surface of the rock. The second raider had better luck than his friend and took off up the gorge.

"That's enough of your screaming, I'm taking over this operation now! Get your buddies back into a working buggy and hit the road A-S-A-P!" Neil called over the comms, surprisingly his demand for silence was heard and obliged during his instructions. Two buggies had been hit by Mosquitoes; one of them had been sheered in half while the other had the front third of it blown off and was flipped. There was no telling how many men were still alive, just that somebody surely bought the farm. While the crewmen scrambled to gather the wounded, Neil decided that sitting and hiding at the bottom of this canyon wasn't going to prevent that raider from coming back. The Blue Follow's engines stirred to life and jumped to full thrust capability in only a couple of seconds, the completion of spool-up was quickly followed by Neil's steep increase of thrust and subsequently followed by the fighter leaping from its camouflaged spot in the lunar ground and gaining altitude.

As the Blue Follow emerged from the canyon, the warning alarm cut on once again. Neil's eyes darted between the radar, his instruments, and the visor to the outside world, all the data being received gave the pilot all the information he needed to catch the rat bastard doing this. The craft pulled into several harsh turns, all of them disoriented the raider's targeting computer and allowed Neil to squeeze his craft around to make visual contact with the raider craft. The ship in focus sat on top of the gorge amidst a small grouping of rocks. Although Neil had no time to consider it, in different circumstances he might have appreciated the raider's effort of camouflaging his craft grey and black to blend in on this lunar soil. The raider's ship sprang into action as Neil bore a lock on him, Mosquito missiles leaving their racks moments later. The two lights danced towards the scrambled craft like lit cigarettes thrown off a bridge, Neil's mouth began to curl into a smirk as he realized just how good a mark he had.

One second he was here, the next gone; the raider craft exploded in a brief flash of light, followed by a scatter of parts and electronics out the back end of where the two Mosquitos had impacted. "B-42 Actual, this is Blue Follow, threat has been neutralized. Returning to docking bay now." The bridge acknowledged his message as he returned to the spans of the gorge in which the landers were sat in. "How's that for a last day on a contract, huh?" Neil's crew chief remarked over the comms, the pilot's eyes spotting him standing by the door of one of the two landers. The pilot looked over the carnage left, namely the two destroyed buggies that lay where they had been hit, their equipment having been stripped from them and crewmen retrieved. "

"The Blue Follow"

Designation:

Custom Modified T-104/F

Category:

Light Hunter

Outline:

The T-104/F is a popular modification of the T-104 runner used for recreational or commercial jobs. While most T-104/Fs are used in security work and occasionally apprehended by outlaws are relatively standard by any measure, the customized fighter used by Neil is anything but. The Blue Follow has improved scanners and avionics as well as an improved engine when compared to the average T-104/F. This was all a result of company interest from Bluemoon, who funded an improved fighter program in Jericho Arms, a security firm rumored to have been created by Bluemoon since they seem to sign contracts with the corporate entity alone. The Mosquito missiles and their holding canopies can be retracted and stored in compartments in the wings and the two stunner lasers can have their muzzles retracted into the forward cowling of the fighter, allowing it to pose as a civilian ship if need be.

Speed Rating:

8A/2T

While the engine was built initially for transport and non-combat, the modification into a fighter ship forced several changes to be made in concern to fuel consumption, engine power, etc. Even furthermore, when Jericho Arms got funding from Bluemoon to expand their fighter program, one of the primary modifications in their sight was to further redesign the engine for maximum combat efficiency. But like a "perfect ten", maximum combat efficiency is impossible to obtain out of everything you could set out to improve. But Jericho Arms' efforts rang fruitful, providing the custom fighter with an engine that improved vector control and overall avionics. Yet as beneficial as it has provided for dogfighting, it serves poorly for long periods of travel, as it becomes incredibly unreliable if left in an idle state for too long.

Weaponry:

14x "Slim" style Mosquito Missiles:

These rockets are designed with hull penetration in mind. The front end being incredibly narrow and pointed, their main purpose is to pierce a ship's hull and then, through use of a delayed detonation mechanic, explode in an estimated penetration time. In theory, the missile's delayed detonation will be triggered once within the hull and completely eviscerate the inside of the ship.

2x Primary Arms S4 Stunners:

Made for close-in combat, the stunners function in two manners: First they operate primarily in a "vector-control" mode, in which the guns have a limited range that they can move in coordination with the targeting computer. For clarification, this means that they can move independent of the zero-point of the Blue Follow, giving the pilot extra leverage in the event he can't pull a direct bead on a craft in a maneuver fight or if he has to keep a stationary position yet sustain fire over a given range. Of course, the guns are entirely limited to pointing forwards and can't extend past the edges of their cowling.

Cloaking Rating:

The Blue Follow wasn't made to hide, instead, it was designed to seek and destroy. The extent of the ship's cloaking extent would be the chaff countermeasures it can deploy to scramble any tracking weapons. If Neil gets readouts of any Mosquito launches, he can deploy the countermeasure, sending dozens of tiny strips of aluminum and other metals into its wake, deployed out of small launchers that face backwards towards the rear of the craft. In zero gravity, the strips will hurtle and spread back towards the pursuing weapons, both distracting their tracking and damaging them upon contact. Aside from this feature, there is no measure taken against hiding from enemy ships.

Scanner Rating:

In keeping with the doctrine of "Seek And Destroy", the scanner system of the Blue Follow performs better than the standard T-104/F system. In particular, not only can it detect if a ship is active or trashed, it can detect if there are biological readouts in a spacecraft.

Additional Notes:

Has the capability to carry an extra person as a passenger in the cockpit, but it's very cramped, to say the least.

A great addition. Thanks for the Jericho Arms part, too; I love the extra bit of lore

Also, should I post my Character in Character?
If you're asking about which thread to post your character application in, that should be done in this thread. If you're asking whether or not to write your application from an in-character perspective, do whatever feels best for you. If you're asking something else, please clarify. Good luck!

Name: Dr. Konrad Bewael
Appearance: Dr. Bewael is a 6'4 tall, slim man cloaked in a white coat. He has a kind face with a cold uncaring grey eye. The other eye is a cybernetic eye used to aid in operations and it lies behind a strapless eyepatch. His dark hair is kept short as he prefers a simple buzzcut. Dr. Bewael dislikes violence but he understands that others don't feel that way especially when the only thing between them and the next high is him. So he carries a knife and a revolver. While most of his time is spent hopping around the belt, he hopes that the revolver would act as a deterrent. That being the case, he has never fired it. This is not the case with the knife. He knows how to use it and has had to use it more times than he is comfortable with. However, he knows the gun in and out as maintaining it is a pastime that helps clear his mind. Dr. Bewael never goes anywhere without Case. Case is an expensive suitcase on wheels that follows him around and is capable of completing simple medical tasks as well as holding medical equipment and medication. It keeps cold things cold and sterile things sterile. Though it is on wheels, once it is out of proximity of the good doctor those wheels lock and a nasty yet costly(to the Doctor) surprise awaits anyone that would crack it open.

Sample Post:
:#: A "Reputable Establishment" on Pallas, 0200 hours :#:​
Konrad looked around at the five faces in this back room and then to the body on the table. "So he isn't dead?" Konrad asked poking the unconscious man on the cheek a few times. The eyes of some men went wide as they looked to who must've been leading this bunch. "Who is this guy? Where's the other doctor, the good one?" Their leader put up a hand to quiet their inquires and addressed me. "No he isn't dead, at least I don't think so. Otherwise, I wouldn't have called you. Now if you could just hook him up to your box there and fix my boy, we could pay you and you can be on your way. Also, in case you need to know, he was doing some...electrical work and he must have crossed some wires or something. The way I figure it he's just in shock so fix him up and uh...we can all get back to work."

There were a few chuckles from the peanut gallery, as they exchanged glances. "If I hook him up to "The Box" that's extra, let me see what I can do." Normally, I would just go about the job trying to rack up whatever fees I could but at 2 in the morning in a back room, I have learned it's best to not push it. I got to work, checking his pulse, seeing if his pupils were reactive, and then I figured he found himself on the wrong side of a particularly nasty stunner. Usually, stunner victims wake up a bit later feeling sore but not much worse for wear. This is about the meds.

"Yes, he must have really crossed those wires. This is something I can treat. I will give him a shot of Stabilozine but he may need something else a bit later. So, I will give you a few doses of...Hyperzine. You know, just to get him back on his feet so he can fix that electrical issue." The four in the room exchanged more smiles but the boss didn't look pleased. "Surely, he will have one hell of a headache once he comes to, perhaps you can give him something for the pain later. The last time this happened our old doctor prescribed Fentanyl." The sentenced was punctuated by a greedy grin. This was all a farce. The only reason I am here is that I am a glorified pharmaceutical bartender. Now we get to the real business at hand.

At times like these, I think I would have been better off with a degree in something like business. All those years at medical university on Luna and now here I am belt hopping, passing out meds to greedy children. I would like to say 'But it's a living' to make myself feel better but this is barely living. At this point, I am just one bad deal away from bleeding out on some rock as they try to crack open Case like a bunch of monkeys. I need to get away from the belt but first, business. "Unfortunately gentlemen Pallas isn't a Luna medical facility and I don't have access to a chemical fabricator. However, what I do have is the previously mentioned Hyperzine and for his pain, I can prescribe "Your Boy"...Hydrocodone."

His grin turned into a scowl but he extended his hand. We shook and I moved over to the table. "Case, Patient..." I glanced over to the man in charge. An ID was thrown onto the unconscientious man's body and I swiped it in front of Case. "Case, dispense. One syringe, disposable. One dose of Stabilozine. Three vials of..." The boss held up a hand. "Case, correction. Five vials of Hyperzine. Prescription for Hydrocode for the scanned patient. Reason for prescription, injury from falling after contact with electricity. Case end dispensing. Case, note. Hyperzine at the behest of the employer. See Business ID." The room was filled with the sounds of Case fulfilling the orders as the men stood around waiting. I looked over to the boss. "I will need your business ID and payment."

The man protested. "I don't see why I have to pay you if the money is coming from my business accounts. The way I see it, I'm already paying the medical company and your fee comes out of what they give you for your service." Again, he grinned. "Allow me to explain why you will be paying twice. Firstly, you will be paying me directly for my medical expertise and making this house call. In that payment are the fees for me leaving the comforts of my bed at this time of day and making my way here to see to your precious employee. Secondly, you are paying the medical company for the convenience of using Case. Now, if you are not pleased with the service that you have received today, then you are more than welcome to file a formal complaint. However, let's say for whatever reason that tonight you want to rethink your budding enterprise and start anew then the company won't get paid and I won't be paid for chaperoning." I could feel the hostility building in the room but I raised a finger and continued speaking.

"But we are all fine gentleman here. Everyone has a job to do and everyone should be paid for a job well done. After all, it isn't like you could just open Case and help yourself. I mean sure you could try but the cost for doing so would be one none of you would want to pay. Of that I assure you." I mouthed 'BOOM' pantomiming an explosion. "However, it sounds like your old doctor is away and working here on Pallas is so dangerous. Fret not, as Doctor Bewael is available no matter the time and let's say "Your Boy" breaks an arm or leg then surely a caring employer like yourself would seek out the best medical care and me, being one of the best doctors would only prescribe him the best medicine at my disposal. A relationship like that would be in all of our best interest."

With a sigh, he nodded and I oped the top of Case revealing a tray of the medications and supplies I requested. I got to work injecting the unconscious man and handing over the other medications to the man in charge. We shook hands once more and I walked away. As I left I could hear them arguing over the Hyperzine but this was no longer my concern. Finally, this job was over. As I walked away only one thought crossed my mind. "I need to get off of Pallas."

Ship​
Designation: Tressym
Category: Runner
Outline: An old MONO racer Model 2405, this ship at one point was modified and refitted extensively to give the craft superior performance and handling. Its racing days are in its past but it can still get around and if things get tight it can get you out of a scrape. To that front, the Tressym has been outfitted with Mosquitos and a central Stunner. When landed, the two wings can be folded up and over the top of the craft to make the Tressym easy to store inside a hangar or ship bay. The Tressym features a fully enclosed cockpit pod which can launch from the main body and has limited space flight capabilities.
Speed Rating: 7A/3T
Weaponry: 4x Mosquitos, 1 central Stunner under the cockpit.
Cloaking Rating: 6
Scanner Rating: 6

Name: Dr. Konrad Bewael
Appearance: Dr. Bewael is a 6'4 tall, slim man cloaked in a white coat. He has a kind face with a cold uncaring grey eye. The other eye is a cybernetic eye used to aid in operations and it lies behind a strapless eyepatch. His dark hair is kept short as he prefers a simple buzzcut. Dr. Bewael dislikes violence but he understands that others don't feel that way especially when the only thing between them and the next high is him. So he carries a knife and a revolver. While most of his time is spent hopping around the belt, he hopes that the revolver would act as a deterrent. That being the case, he has never fired it. This is not the case with the knife. He knows how to use it and has had to use it more times than he is comfortable with. However, he knows the gun in and out as maintaining it is a pastime that helps clear his mind. Dr. Bewael never goes anywhere without Case. Case is an expensive suitcase on wheels that follows him around and is capable of completing simple medical tasks as well as holding medical equipment and medication. It keeps cold things cold and sterile things sterile. Though it is on wheels, once it is out of proximity of the good doctor those wheels lock and a nasty yet costly(to the Doctor) surprise awaits anyone that would crack it open.

Sample Post:
:#: A "Reputable Establishment" on Pallas, 0200 hours :#:​
Konrad looked around at the five faces in this back room and then to the body on the table. "So he isn't dead?" Konrad asked poking the unconscious man on the cheek a few times. The eyes of some men went wide as they looked to who must've been leading this bunch. "Who is this guy? Where's the other doctor, the good one?" Their leader put up a hand to quiet their inquires and addressed me. "No he isn't dead, at least I don't think so. Otherwise, I wouldn't have called you. Now if you could just hook him up to your box there and fix my boy, we could pay you and you can be on your way. Also, in case you need to know, he was doing some...electrical work and he must have crossed some wires or something. The way I figure it he's just in shock so fix him up and uh...we can all get back to work."

There were a few chuckles from the peanut gallery, as they exchanged glances. "If I hook him up to "The Box" that's extra, let me see what I can do." Normally, I would just go about the job trying to rack up whatever fees I could but at 2 in the morning in a back room, I have learned it's best to not push it. I got to work, checking his pulse, seeing if his pupils were reactive, and then I figured he found himself on the wrong side of a particularly nasty stunner. Usually, stunner victims wake up a bit later feeling sore but not much worse for wear. This is about the meds.

"Yes, he must have really crossed those wires. This is something I can treat. I will give him a shot of Stabilozine but he may need something else a bit later. So, I will give you a few doses of...Hyperzine. You know, just to get him back on his feet so he can fix that electrical issue." The four in the room exchanged more smiles but the boss didn't look pleased. "Surely, he will have one hell of a headache once he comes to, perhaps you can give him something for the pain later. The last time this happened our old doctor prescribed Fentanyl." The sentenced was punctuated by a greedy grin. This was all a farce. The only reason I am here is that I am a glorified pharmaceutical bartender. Now we get to the real business at hand.

At times like these, I think I would have been better off with a degree in something like business. All those years at medical university on Luna and now here I am belt hopping, passing out meds to greedy children. I would like to say 'But it's a living' to make myself feel better but this is barely living. At this point, I am just one bad deal away from bleeding out on some rock as they try to crack open Case like a bunch of monkeys. I need to get away from the belt but first, business. "Unfortunately gentlemen Pallas isn't a Luna medical facility and I don't have access to a chemical fabricator. However, what I do have is the previously mentioned Hyperzine and for his pain, I can prescribe "Your Boy"...Hydrocodone."

His grin turned into a scowl but he extended his hand. We shook and I moved over to the table. "Case, Patient..." I glanced over to the man in charge. An ID was thrown onto the unconscientious man's body and I swiped it in front of Case. "Case, dispense. One syringe, disposable. One dose of Stabilozine. Three vials of..." The boss held up a hand. "Case, correction. Five vials of Hyperzine. Prescription for Hydrocode for the scanned patient. Reason for prescription, injury from falling after contact with electricity. Case end dispensing. Case, note. Hyperzine at the behest of the employer. See Business ID." The room was filled with the sounds of Case fulfilling the orders as the men stood around waiting. I looked over to the boss. "I will need your business ID and payment."

The man protested. "I don't see why I have to pay you if the money is coming from my business accounts. The way I see it, I'm already paying the medical company and your fee comes out of what they give you for your service." Again, he grinned. "Allow me to explain why you will be paying twice. Firstly, you will be paying me directly for my medical expertise and making this house call. In that payment are the fees for me leaving the comforts of my bed at this time of day and making my way here to see to your precious employee. Secondly, you are paying the medical company for the convenience of using Case. Now, if you are not pleased with the service that you have received today, then you are more than welcome to file a formal complaint. However, let's say for whatever reason that tonight you want to rethink your budding enterprise and start anew then the company won't get paid and I won't be paid for chaperoning." I could feel the hostility building in the room but I raised a finger and continued speaking.

"But we are all fine gentleman here. Everyone has a job to do and everyone should be paid for a job well done. After all, it isn't like you could just open Case and help yourself. I mean sure you could try but the cost for doing so would be one none of you would want to pay. Of that I assure you." I mouthed 'BOOM' pantomiming an explosion. "However, it sounds like your old doctor is away and working here on Pallas is so dangerous. Fret not, as Doctor Bewael is available no matter the time and let's say "Your Boy" breaks an arm or leg then surely a caring employer like yourself would seek out the best medical care and me, being one of the best doctors would only prescribe him the best medicine at my disposal. A relationship like that would be in all of our best interest."

With a sigh, he nodded and I oped the top of Case revealing a tray of the medications and supplies I requested. I got to work injecting the unconscious man and handing over the other medications to the man in charge. We shook hands once more and I walked away. As I left I could hear them arguing over the Hyperzine but this was no longer my concern. Finally, this job was over. As I walked away only one thought crossed my mind. "I need to get off of Pallas."

Ship​
Designation: Tressym
Category: Runner
Outline: An old MONO racer Model 2405, this ship at one point was modified and refitted extensively to give the craft superior performance and handling. Its racing days are in its past but it can still get around and if things get tight it can get you out of a scrape. To that front, the Tressym has been outfitted with Mosquitos and a central Stunner. When landed, the two wings can be folded up and over the top of the craft to make the Tressym easy to store inside a hangar or ship bay. The Tressym features a fully enclosed cockpit pod which can launch from the main body and has limited space flight capabilities.
Speed Rating: 7A/3T
Weaponry: 4x Mosquitos, 1 central Stunner under the cockpit.
Cloaking Rating: 6
Scanner Rating: 6
Thanks for the application. I only have one request, and that is that in your future posts you start a new paragraph whenever the dialogue switches to a different character. That will make everything much easier to read.
Assuming we can agree on that small change for future posts, I'm happy to accept you!

On the Frontier

There we are, the in-character thread.

I will be creating my own characters slightly later, once I see where there are spots that need to be filled or characters that need to be interacted with.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I was mainly just restrategizing my restrategization of my starter soan admin establisher might help things get moving on my end.

Name: Brandon "Bull" Elliott
Appearance: This man reminds you of a vicious barracuda. He has almond-shaped gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury. His silky, wavy, brown hair is neck-length and is worn in a businesslike style, which is to say shaved almost skin short on the sides and pulled into a short-tight ponytail. He's got a thin beard, braided at the chin. He is tall and has a masculine build, but he is faster than most people think he should be. His skin is pale. He has a wide forehead and nearly-nonexistent eyebrows. His wardrobe is practical, with a concealable stab-proof stunner-resistant armored vest under his faded grey coveralls. On his belt he has a heavy stunner on his right hip and two karambit styled knives at his back. With a small projectile pistol tucked away in his left boot at the ankle.

Sample Post:

Vesta, 0800, one of the smaller casinos/bars

Brandon was sitting at the bar, near the corner located closest to the restroom and from where he could see the main entrance. In his hand was the second glass of what the bar tender swears is real whisky. ‘At this price there’s no way its real.’ It tasted so thin it might have looked at real whisky once before being bottled, but it had a strong smell. Like turpentine and gasoline. His head hung over the glass, a tired expression of depression and hopelessness masking his face, his braided beard almost brushing the liquid. To everyone he looked just anyone poor soul who had had a run of bad luck and was now broke or in debt to one of the crime rings that had fingers in all the casinos.

But Brandon was not a down-and-outer. He was here on a job. He was looking for his mark. This gal owed the wrong people money and was trying to skip off the rock. The bounty was high enough to attract his attention and the threat level was low enough to get him to sign on for it. 250k was enough to refit the Bossy and have a little left over for fun.

From the corner of his eye he watched as the door opened and a mousy women in a long black coat and red flight suit underneath stepped in and looked around. Brandon looked up properly and nodded to her, he was supposed to be her ticket off to a new life. Looking around the mostly full bar nervously, the mouse walked over and sat next to him.

“Should you be drinking this early?” She said, glancing at the one empty glass on the bar and the half empty one in his hand.

“Doncha worry sister. I can fly jus’ fine.” Brandon gave her the once over, a small predatory grin creased his face. “Payment up front.”

A small shiver ran over her spine that she tried to suppress. Shaking her head her hand moved slowly from her pocket, setting a small leather pouch on the metal bar top. A faint metallic clink/thud as the pouch settled into a lump containing its small but heavy contents of gold, platinum, and silver tabs. “It’s all here. Now…”

Brandon’s right hand was on her right wrist in a blink of an eye, gripping it tightly and bending it backwards cruelly. “Now we are going to visit business partners.” He stood to his full height, easily towering over the smaller women. His grey eyes locked on hers. “This can go easy, or really easy…” There was a small popping sound that came from her wrist, accompanied by a yelp of pain. Tears started welling up in her eyes. The bar keep moved over to where the trouble was building. Without taking his eyes off of his mark he pulled out his Ident Badge and bounty paperwork, slamming both on the counter. “Mind your business old man, and let me handle mine.” Brandon’s voice a deep gravely growl. The bar tender bobbed his head and backed away slowly with both hands up.

“N-no. Please!” The mouse barely whispered her plea, tears rolling down her cheeks. Whether it was pain or fear or a combination, didn’t matter to Brandon.

“Ok sister. Really easy it is.” In a blur of movement, the larger man lifted her hand and arm up over her head, twisting it down behind her back and lifting up painfully to her shoulder blades. The mouse squeaked in pain. Brandon shifted hands and drew his stunner and fired one shot into the mouse’s back. She quickly went limp, falling to the floor like a puppet that had its strings cut. Brandon slipped his stunner back into its holster. “I like the really easy way.” In one arm he picked up his mark and flipped her over his left shoulder like she was an empty sack. Grabbing the small pouch on the counter as he left the bar and headed towards the hangars and his ship to conclude his bounty.

Ship Application:

Designation: Bossy Lady PCT-75/H
Category: Trawler, Medium, Hunter
Outline: The PCT-75 Base Model was designed to be a medium range transport capable of atmospheric flight as well, the base model would normally have a crew of three. Consisting of a pilot, co-pilot and engineer, but could operated by a single crewmen. Capable of either carrying 12 miners and their equipment and a buggie internally, or with no large equipment up to 20 miners. It was also capable of carrying a crawler under the rear control pylon externally just behind the main cargo door/ramp. It had variable geometry wing mounted engines with control thrusters on the flaps in addition to the main engines. The rear engines were adjustable 360 degrees in the Y-axis but only capable of a 60 degree arc in the X-axis. It had limited sensors for detection of other vessels for navigation and almost no cloaking beyond powering down.

The H model was designed under the Jericho Arms Fighter program, and retained much of the original functionality but with upgrades as a trial run for military and law enforcement applications. And as such was given a serious upgrade in engine thrust and vectoring as well as reinforced structural integrity, allowing for tighter and higher speed maneuvers. This however did require the pilots and crew to wear a flight suit that could compensate for the added G-Forces. Now the upgraded engines did mean it lost some of its longer range speed. The H Model also received several senor upgrades and countermeasures.

Speed Rating: 5A/5T (H Model 7A/3T)
Weaponry: The base model did not come equipped with weapons of any sort. The H Model has one Mosquito pod (x8 missiles per pod) under each wing and twin heavy stunners on a retractable gimbal chin mount that could be linked to a pilot’s HUD or operated via targeting control system.
Cloaking Rating: 3 (H Model 6 ) The base model could only power down, but the H Model can launch CHAF, flares, and a frequency modulator to emit similar frequencies to background interference.
Scanner Rating: 3 (H Model 7) The base model only had basic RADAR and LIDAR, but the H Model was given a small suite of frequency scanning as well as IFLIR, which combined Infrared and Thermal signature detection into one display.

Name: Brandon "Bull" Elliott
Appearance: This man reminds you of a vicious barracuda. He has almond-shaped gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury. His silky, wavy, brown hair is neck-length and is worn in a businesslike style, which is to say shaved almost skin short on the sides and pulled into a short-tight ponytail. He's got a thin beard, braided at the chin. He is tall and has a masculine build, but he is faster than most people think he should be. His skin is pale. He has a wide forehead and nearly-nonexistent eyebrows. His wardrobe is practical, with a concealable stab-proof stunner-resistant armored vest under his faded grey coveralls. On his belt he has a heavy stunner on his right hip and two karambit styled knives at his back. With a small projectile pistol tucked away in his left boot at the ankle.

Sample Post:

Vesta, 0800, one of the smaller casinos/bars

Brandon was sitting at the bar, near the corner located closest to the restroom and from where he could see the main entrance. In his hand was the second glass of what the bar tender swears is real whisky. ‘At this price there’s no way its real.’ It tasted so thin it might have looked at real whisky once before being bottled, but it had a strong smell. Like turpentine and gasoline. His head hung over the glass, a tired expression of depression and hopelessness masking his face, his braided beard almost brushing the liquid. To everyone he looked just anyone poor soul who had had a run of bad luck and was now broke or in debt to one of the crime rings that had fingers in all the casinos.

But Brandon was not a down-and-outer. He was here on a job. He was looking for his mark. This gal owed the wrong people money and was trying to skip off the rock. The bounty was high enough to attract his attention and the threat level was low enough to get him to sign on for it. 250k was enough to refit the Bossy and have a little left over for fun.

From the corner of his eye he watched as the door opened and a mousy women in a long black coat and red flight suit underneath stepped in and looked around. Brandon looked up properly and nodded to her, he was supposed to be her ticket off to a new life. Looking around the mostly full bar nervously, the mouse walked over and sat next to him.

“Should you be drinking this early?” She said, glancing at the one empty glass on the bar and the half empty one in his hand.

“Doncha worry sister. I can fly jus’ fine.” Brandon gave her the once over, a small predatory grin creased his face. “Payment up front.”

A small shiver ran over her spine that she tried to suppress. Shaking her head her hand moved slowly from her pocket, setting a small leather pouch on the metal bar top. A faint metallic clink/thud as the pouch settled into a lump containing its small but heavy contents of gold, platinum, and silver tabs. “It’s all here. Now…”

Brandon’s right hand was on her right wrist in a blink of an eye, gripping it tightly and bending it backwards cruelly. “Now we are going to visit business partners.” He stood to his full height, easily towering over the smaller women. His grey eyes locked on hers. “This can go easy, or really easy…” There was a small popping sound that came from her wrist, accompanied by a yelp of pain. Tears started welling up in her eyes. The bar keep moved over to where the trouble was building. Without taking his eyes off of his mark he pulled out his Ident Badge and bounty paperwork, slamming both on the counter. “Mind your business old man, and let me handle mine.” Brandon’s voice a deep gravely growl. The bar tender bobbed his head and backed away slowly with both hands up.

“N-no. Please!” The mouse barely whispered her plea, tears rolling down her cheeks. Whether it was pain or fear or a combination, didn’t matter to Brandon.

“Ok sister. Really easy it is.” In a blur of movement, the larger man lifted her hand and arm up over her head, twisting it down behind her back and lifting up painfully to her shoulder blades. The mouse squeaked in pain. Brandon shifted hands and drew his stunner and fired one shot into the mouse’s back. She quickly went limp, falling to the floor like a puppet that had its strings cut. Brandon slipped his stunner back into its holster. “I like the really easy way.” In one arm he picked up his mark and flipped her over his left shoulder like she was an empty sack. Grabbing the small pouch on the counter as he left the bar and headed towards the hangars and his ship to conclude his bounty.

Ship Application:

Designation: Bossy Lady PCT-75/H
Category: Trawler, Medium, Hunter
Outline: The PCT-75 Base Model was designed to be a medium range transport capable of atmospheric flight as well, the base model would normally have a crew of three. Consisting of a pilot, co-pilot and engineer, but could operated by a single crewmen. Capable of either carrying 12 miners and their equipment and a buggie internally, or with no large equipment up to 20 miners. It was also capable of carrying a crawler under the rear control pylon externally just behind the main cargo door/ramp. It had variable geometry wing mounted engines with control thrusters on the flaps in addition to the main engines. The rear engines were adjustable 360 degrees in the Y-axis but only capable of a 60 degree arc in the X-axis. It had limited sensors for detection of other vessels for navigation and almost no cloaking beyond powering down.

The H model was designed under the Jericho Arms Fighter program, and retained much of the original functionality but with upgrades as a trial run for military and law enforcement applications. And as such was given a serious upgrade in engine thrust and vectoring as well as reinforced structural integrity, allowing for tighter and higher speed maneuvers. This however did require the pilots and crew to wear a flight suit that could compensate for the added G-Forces. Now the upgraded engines did mean it lost some of its longer range speed. The H Model also received several senor upgrades and countermeasures.

Speed Rating: 5A/5T (H Model 7A/3T)
Weaponry: The base model did not come equipped with weapons of any sort. The H Model has one Mosquito pod (x8 missiles per pod) under each wing and twin heavy stunners on a retractable gimbal chin mount that could be linked to a pilot’s HUD or operated via targeting control system.
Cloaking Rating: 3 (H Model 6 ) The base model could only power down, but the H Model can launch CHAF, flares, and a frequency modulator to emit similar frequencies to background interference.
Scanner Rating: 3 (H Model 7) The base model only had basic RADAR and LIDAR, but the H Model was given a small suite of frequency scanning as well as IFLIR, which combined Infrared and Thermal signature detection into one display.
I'm so sorry, I just realized that I forgot to officially approve this character. It is, of course, approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back