Experiences On a scale of 1-10, how cringey were your first roleplays? Were they cringey at all?

Hmm I wouldn't say so, but my concepts from back those many years ago on some freeboards, plus my typemenship has improved a lot from then too. My first character was a bit shit though, was independent of me, but was a type of space elf in power armor with high tech weapons. Then again, he lost all of his fights against the anime sword guy that works alone, so I didn't get the cringe badge at least. :/

At first I was gonna say I don't think my first RP was cringe because I didn't initially remember what my first RP was, I was thinking about the first RP I ever hosted which was a Naruto RP but now I remember my first RP was actually a Sonic RP and in my defense I was a child I think I was like in the 4th or 5th grade but my character or characters were literally just resins of sonic and shadow, actually they weren't even that they were children in sonic and shadow's Sonic Riders attire and a little Espio with a bandana around his neck so I'd say about a solid 8 worth of cringe.

I don't think it was cringey per se, just sort of boring. It was a very run-of-the-mill D&D campaign, with mc being a novice sorceress who set out on a journey to Save The WorldTM. She wasn't even a Mary Sue! I never did have that phase, but she, also, was kind of bland.

The best measure I can think of without going into too much detail, is if you imagined how Nibutani or Togashi reacted in Love, Chuunibyou & other delusions every time their chuuni pasts were brought up.

Thats my reaction during the thankfully ever rarer occasions my old rp's are brought up by bumping into old acquaintances.
XMOZbgX.gif68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

I don't even know how to begin. I used to roleplay on roblox as a kid, and I tended to have a roblox boyfriend I did that with. We always did this high school friends to lovers thing and it was so cringey. I think 8 year old me was so in love with it, too.

1 all the way. I was a very depressed and angsty pre-teen/teen. Looking back at my old rp’s is painful. I remember one of my friends could write two paragraphs or more while the rest of us wrote maybe one and we thought she was the best writer in the world for that. That’s kind of a cute memory though, because we were younger and just staring out.

Sometimes, you gotta just embrace the cringe!

I think I’d rate my first RP probably a 5. It was pretty normal and wasn’t extremely cringey, but still it was about a mermaid falling for a human in a very YA novel sense. You know puppy love, that trope where her love interest was utterly and completely dense to her feelings whereas she was a clumsy fish lady who was just trying to go home. Honestly, it was all good times and good vibes so I don’t regret it!

my first roleplay was actually pretty great! maybe a bit 'cringey' when you consider the material my partner and i were going off of, but we definitely made it our own!

it was a cuphead roleplay :'D i only started to roleplay because i'd seen this particular person talk about it quite a bit, so i was immediately like, "hey, i wanna do that too!"

so ultimately i approached them and we came to the conclusion that we'd do something cuphead related, as i believe it had just come out and was super popular at the time! that was in 2017. . . hard to believe that was so long ago 😭

we had our own little cast of characters, an overarching story, an ever-developing plot,, it was actually not so bad for my first experience with writing with someone! i even gained a super cool oc from it that ignited my love of playing the 'older male character who becomes everyone's dad' trope. i absolutely adored that roleplay,, it ended in late 2019 due to inactivity but it's fun to go read back those old replies and see just how much my writing style has changed and improved!

overall, i rate the experience 8/10. there are some things i would've changed looking back on it now, but it was definitely a great way to begin my writing journey ^^

Hmm, at least 6?

Let's wind the clock back 20 years when I was in college. I am not afraid to admit my age. On my first post, I broke one of the tenets of roleplaying which is taking control of the characters of the others. All I did was have the other characters say hi to mine. One of the members did say something so I hastily rewrote my intro to reflect that it was just me talking to the others.

Also, I only had just one character and he was pretty much a Gary Stu since he was a self insert character. He was a former king and always mage who had all these powers. It was a childish way I wrote the character dialog. Later on, I discarded the character in favor of a new character I just thought of.

Definitely would have done things differently if I had the experience and roster I have today.

Probably about a 6. Honestly, it was nothing you haven't seen before. Using OOC knowledge, an overabundance of meta humor where it wasn't appropriate, somehow both silent and brooding and snarky and jokey, the works. Not really that cringey compared to others.

Ha ha, when I started RPing online it was on a Harvest Moon specific forum where I played the owner of a local coffee shop. In all fairness, the whole forum was twee as could be. Every interaction was semi-flirtatious because, in keeping with the source material, marriage and family was baked into the mechanics, so everyone was on the hunt.

king-of-the-hill-hank.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back