• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Omega III | Space Cowboy/Pirates RP

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Omega III
Theme

In the far future where space travel and colonization have become the norm, humanity has expanded its living space to the far reaches of the known galaxy. With humanity fading and the resources of the Universe starting to dwindle, some five hundred billion humans began the long journey back home, to Earth. However, humanity has outgrown its capacity to repatriate that many people and thus began the riots, where the many factions of humanity battled for a stake on Earth. The riots did not subside until an authoritarian universal government by the name of the Black Syndicate declares Earth a sacred planet, and thus forbidden for humanity to repopulate. Amid riots and illegal entries into Earth, the Black Syndicate set up a legalized contract system, in which registered bounty hunters (also referred to as "Cowboys") chase criminals and bring them in alive in return for a reward. Rising against the Black Syndicate, Ace leads an outlaw crew aboard his starship Omega III to undertake daring raids against Earth's oppressors. It is up to you and the members of Omega III to reclaim the planet.

cowboy-bebop-anime-animated-series-scifi-artwork-h0.jpg

I'm so torn. I think opening earth to everyone is a bad idea because theres just too many of us... But I wanna be a pirate...

That’s what make the plot so brilliant. You can see both sides. On one hand, I don’t think everyone should go back to Earth, on the other hand, I don’t think an authoritative dictatorship is the way to go about this.

Very interested! I am so going to make a bad-ass character. Not too bad-ass though. The captain should always be the coolest of them all ^_^

Interested...

But, maan.... you make the sides hard to choose.
:/ I dun want Earth to be a smoldering carcass of itself, bloated from the vast industrialization. Yet... fascism. Immediate dislike..

What's the tech level for weaponry, BTW? Like, Halo level, where it's mainly ballistics? Or star wars, where you shoot lasers? Or Fallout- a nice middle ground? (Not really, but... xD)

I guess I can expand that question to all aspects of technology, to be honest...

Oh, and on a separate note... -cough-
Magic.

...or Psychic stuff, or anything else that can make it sound less...optimistic. Shudders.
I doubt this RP will have it, but it never hurts to ask, right? Starts shying away..
It would be nice to be able to insert some occult and some H.P Lovecraft into this mix. :)

Last edited:
Interested...

:/ I dun want Earth to be a smoldering carcass of itself, bloated from the vast industrialization. Yet... fascism. Immediate dislike..

What's the tech level for weaponry, BTW? Like, Halo level, where it's mainly ballistics? Or star wars, where you shoot lasers? Or Fallout- a nice middle ground? (Not really, but... xD)

I guess I can expand that question to all aspects of technology, to be honest...

Magic.

...or Psychic stuff, or anything else that can make it sound less...optimistic. Shudders.
I doubt this RP will have it, but it never hurts to ask, right? Starts shying away..
It would be nice to be able to insert some occult and some H.P Lovecraft into this mix. :)
I did a twist with the psychic thing.... But in a way that will fit with the rp and it's foundation.... In all sense it wont make my character OP'ed either... instead I think it emphasizes on his character. But if that idea was turned down... there is always other ideas I have for my character to where I wont have to change his foundation. (^_^)

Interested. Will fill out a sheet in a couple of days when I'm free from work, assuming you're still accepting folks.

Interested...

Magic.

I want you guys to have fun with your characters, there can be some sort of “Sorcery” added to the mix but it has to be understandable and not too over the top. Obviously it’s the future so guns are going to be different than current. I’m feeling the fallout style, I think that could work.

Also I promise to post my CS today! Once all the CS’s are in we can start! I’ll be sure to keep the RP open for anyone joining late. I’ll create an OOC today as well so that we can talk about plot building and anything else you may have questions about or anything you want to add to the mix!

Question, must one be human or is one allowed to be a humanoid alien, I’m think anything crazy, just give a bit of a interesting point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back