• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ollie's Emporium | OPEN | Character-Based Search

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1660499271845.png

⭒❃.✮:▹ Introduction

Hey there! I'm Ollie (21, any pronouns) and this is my character-based search thread. If you're looking for plots, please stop by my other search here! This thread will be a collection of pre-made OCs that I have and would love to roleplay in some type of plot. I'm really looking for any sort of roleplay- scifi, fantasy, apocalyptic, etc! I enjoy all sorts of genres and stories, so feel free to either throw plots my way or even present your own OCs so we can make a new plot together.

A little about me: I'm a multi-para roleplayer (3+ paragraphs per post, 500+ words) who writes in 3rd person past tense. My reply times vary, but recently I've been able to swing multiple times a week, sometimes even multiple times a day. I do not expect this sort of speed from my partners and will touch upon that in the next section! I love OOC conversation and things such as making playlists and memes, but can go without. I enjoy playing multiple characters in a plot though thats not needed either! I'm very easy with things like that. Plots can be romantic or platonic; if romantic, I enjoy any types of pairings, though prefer m//, f//, and nb/a to m/f. If you have any other questions about me, please feel free to ask!

About you: When it comes to partners, I don't have many rules! I'll write with people of any age, gender, etc. All I ask is that people be open to plotting with me and can write at least two paragraphs per post on average; I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity and understand some posts may call for a smaller wordcount, while others may call for a larger one! Speed-wise, I understand that roleplay is a hobby and that real life comes first, so please never feel rushed to get back to me or write a reply. If you reply every day, awesome! If you're more of a once-a-week or once-every-two-weeks person, that's cool too. Just keep me updated if you can and we're all good. I am ghost friendly; a warning is appreciated, but not needed!

If interested in writing with me, please pm me with a short intro about yourself, what characters you're interested in, and any ideas you might have! If you can't pm yet, no worries. You can post in this thread and I can send the first message! Just be aware I will delete messages in order to keep this thread neat and tidy.

Onto the characters! Please keep in mind these are my OCs, and I'd appreciate it if they stay that way; OC theft would make me extremely sad. I'll start crying. No one will like it.

⭒❃.✮:▹ Characters

The formatting for these characters is: Name | Gender, Pronouns | Sexuality | Genre/Concept Wordbank | Description. There are more details for each, but if I put all that, we'd be here all day. Age is not included because it can be changed depending on the roleplay. These characters can also be placed into AUs where their specific jobs (if they have them) have been changed. More will be added/switched out as time goes on.

Melvin Quill
Melvin Quill | Nonbinary, They/Them | Bi | Supernatural/Fantasy, modern, 80s

Melvin is the ruler of the dream realm that mortal minds go to when they lay down to rest. Or, well, they're supposed to be; they were forced into the role after killing their father, who'd in turn been trying to kill their younger sister. Being told they were going to be the ruler caused them to spiral, and they ended up running away to the mortal world. They started up a business doing dream interpretations and selling fake magic items. They're still learning to be 'human' and have had varied degrees of success. They act as a generally laid back person, taking life one step at a time and living in the present. This attitude is  probably definitely an offshoot of the fact they're avoiding and ignoring their problems.
Calamity Vance
Calamity Vance | Trans Man, He/Him | Bi | Fantasy, pirates, merchant ships

Calamity isn't his actual name, but rather a title given to him by seafarers within the nation he lives due to what happens to the ships he sets foot on. Generally, when he gains passage on a vessel, it and the crew will experience extremely good fortune for the first portion of the trip, though will inevitably find themselves meeting a disastrous end, whether it be on the rocks of a deserted island or at the bottom of the ocean after a terrible storm. Calamity is always the sole survivor of these events. Some claim he's extremely unlucky and lucky at the same time, causing these events and then surviving them. Others think he was cursed by a sea witch to be forever wandering and sink whatever ship he boards. There have even been rumors that he himself works with dark magicks and uses these disasters as sacrifices for rituals. Truly the only one who knows for sure is Calamity, and he doesn't seem to be talking. Calamity is a very reserved person, generally keeping to himself, even on long trips where his only interactions would be with the crew around him. He seems more interested in interacting with the seagulls that sometimes board the ships rather than the crew, often being found giving them some of his meals. It seems that really the only reason he's allowed to board vessels anymore is that either the captains don't believe in the misfortune he brings or believe they will be the first to outrun it.
Niles Odd Larson
Niles Odd Larson | Cis Man, He/Him | Gay | Time travel, varied time periods

Niles- or, more often Odd -is a man who works for a time travel agency. He doesn't actually do any of the time traveling, though. Instead, he works as a 'linguist' for the agency, going over what sort of language is used in certain time periods and regions. He helps people avoid using slang that either hasn't been created yet or is out of style. Originally, he did intend to be a field agent at the encouragement of his family, but after an incident that ended in his right eye getting blinded he decided it wasn't for him. He's a generally pleasant and easy-going man, easily making friends and getting on with a variety of people. He's the more cheerful and sociable one between himself and his twin sister, Alva, who has a tendency to be a bit of a hardass.

Alva Larson
Alva Larson | Trans Woman, She/Her | Gay | Time travel, varied time periods

Alva is the more serious and driven of the Larson twins. While her brother works with language and doesn't really get in on the action, Alva is very much the 'action star' sort of person who actually goes about traveling through time for the agency they work for. That said, she's a bit of a history nut; her twin may be interested in the history of language, but her own knowledge lies in things like wartimes, weaponry, etc. She's a bit difficult to get along with, seeing as she keeps most of her relationships strictly professional and doesn't have much of a social life outside of speaking to her brother, but she's the sort of person that becomes extremely loyal once someone has run the gauntlet of getting to know her.
Delilah 'Coop' Cooper
Delilah 'Coop' Cooper | Cis Woman, She/Her | Bi | Scifi, modern, futuristic, 80s

Delilah grew up in a town known for housing a research compound that was doing incredible things with new technology. No one knew quite what they were doing, but it was clearly important, seeing as they kept a lot of it secret and underground. Her father, who worked as a scientist there, inspired a love of engineering for her, and she ended up being the sort of person always tinkering with something or fixing other peoples mechanical problems. She's a bit of a conspiracy theorist- she has some theories to justify the idea that her younger brother, who went missing, is still alive and well somewhere out there -and if anyone combats her on such, it tends to make her pretty upset. Otherwise, she's a friendly and outgoing sort of person, with a curiosity to rival the type that killed the cat.
Cat
Cat | Nonbinary, Pronouns Switch | Bi | Scifi, fantasy, government experimentation, modern, futuristic

Cat, short for Copycat, is a government experiment 'created' to push the bounds of human abilities. With the help of an experimental chip implanted at the base of their neck, above their spine, they're able to shape shift to take on different, human-like forms. The process is incredibly painful for them, so they don't tend to do major changes often unless they need to/are forced to. Its the assumption that Cat was a test-tube baby made specifically for the purpose of the experiment, but in actuality, they were just a baby that was given up to the lab. They don't remember what they originally looked like, nor their original name, so they go by a shortened version of their project title. They can be combative, untrusting, and the sort of person who lashes out first and asks questions later.

⭒❃.✮:▹ Still looking! ◃:✮.❃⭒

Users who are viewing this thread

Back