• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Olhan: a fantasy worldbuilding roleplay

SliceThePi

caked in resin and vile to behold
EDIT: Restarting as of June 12th, as one of the members quit without warning.

Hello! I'll keep this brief. I've been doing worldbuilding, but recently I've been lacking inspiration. So I'm doing a D&D-style roleplay! I'll be DMing, and I'm looking for people who can do short-paragraph-length posts that don't show final action (i.e. "I attempt to open the door by kicking it in" rather than "I bust down the door and run inside"). You'll be a party of adventurers in a fantastical world full of magic. You can play as one of:
  • The Kechak, a forest-dwelling race with tails, pointed ears, and heightened agility.
  • The Bruth, a warlike, physically-strong race with four digits on each hand/foot, ram horns, and skin that can change colors like that of a chameleon.
  • The Shu'dal, an intellectual race with small horns and weak telekinetic abilities
  • The Pwaa, a socially-awkward, amphibious race with both gills and lungs
  • The Tinnik, a clever race who value ingenuity and tinkering abilities
  • A Runic Automaton with custom combat/utility mechanisms
And you can have magic (you can play without it, but it's not really recommended):
  • Elemental magic, which is a bit like bending in Avatar: The Last Airbender but with more elements.
  • Runic magic, which is far more versatile than Elemental magic but takes time to prepare and is often less directly powerful. Mainly used to create cool clockwork stuff and other magic items.
  • Arcane magic, which is essentially potions and voodoo stuff. Think Harry Potter.
  • Fey magic, which you'll have to discuss with me. Essentially superpowers. This is the only type of magic that can mix with the others, but it's extremely rare in-world (except for racial fey magic, which the Shu'dal and some creatures have).

Go here for more in-depth descriptions of the races, along with some drawings and other stuff:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BPPWIZ0oy2adGV3pyT_DGfamYZXzB9nSqEfPE1z-2Kg/edit?usp=sharing

Oh, and a Discord: https://discord.gg/rxmvWzc

Post here if you're interested! Here's the character development thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/olhan-ooc-character-development-chat.336272/

Last edited:
Hey SliceThePi SliceThePi ,

I moved your thread into the correct subforum. Please only use the Looking for Partners section when searching for one other person to RP with. ^^

Happy Roleplaying,

Stone

I'm interested! This isn't set in stone, but I'm almost certain I'll make a Bruth woman. One question is about their skin - do they typically have spotted hides like the example picture, or is that simply a characteristic of that specific Bruth? What is the range of their possible skin colors? Also, it says their horn size could be used to approximate their age - how big are they typically when they reach adulthood, and how big can they get by the age they normally live to before dying of natural causes?

I'm interested! This isn't set in stone, but I'm almost certain I'll make a Bruth woman. One question is about their skin - do they typically have spotted hides like the example picture, or is that simply a characteristic of that specific Bruth? What is the range of their possible skin colors? Also, it says their horn size could be used to approximate their age - how big are they typically when they reach adulthood, and how big can they get by the age they normally live to before dying of natural causes?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I was gonna do the exact same thing!
God dang it now I have to change my idea *grumble grumble*

The spotted skin is specific to that Bruth only, feel free to get creative with it. I don't know the horn question Pi has to answer that.

The Bruth in that picture would be roughly 30 years old judging by the horns, so they'd have recently reached adulthood. As for skin colors, as Souldymono said, it's specific to the individual and can be changed. That Bruth was going for desert camouflage. By death, maybe twice-ish as large as those horns.

Slice! Will you be DMing closer to which D&D? AD&D, 3.5, 4.0, 5.0? D20 overall?
It's homebrew, but I'm mainly familiar with D&D 5.0. Honestly, I just said D&D because it's what I'm loosely basing the stats system on haha

It's homebrew, but I'm mainly familiar with D&D 5.0. Honestly, I just said D&D because it's what I'm loosely basing the stats system on haha

Oh haha, that's alright! I've started playing AD&D and a few months later 3.0 was released! But that was just curiosity!

Hello! I'll keep this brief. I've been doing worldbuilding, but recently I've been lacking inspiration. So I'm doing a D&D-style roleplay! I'll be DMing, and I'm looking for people who can do short-paragraph-length posts that don't show final action (i.e. "I attempt to open the door by kicking it in" rather than "I bust down the door and run inside"). You'll be a party of adventurers in a fantastical world full of magic. You can play as one of:
  • The Kechak, a forest-dwelling race with tails, pointed ears, and heightened agility.
  • The Bruth, a warlike, physically-strong race with four digits on each hand/foot, ram horns, and skin that can change colors like that of a chameleon.
  • The Shu'dal, an intellectual race with small horns and weak telekinetic abilities
  • The Pwaa, a socially-awkward, amphibious race with both gills and lungs
  • The Tinnik, a clever race who value ingenuity and tinkering abilities
  • A Runic Automaton with custom combat/utility mechanisms
And you can have magic (you can play without it, but it's not really recommended):
  • Elemental magic, which is a bit like bending in Avatar: The Last Airbender but with more elements.
  • Runic magic, which is far more versatile than Elemental magic but takes time to prepare and is often less directly powerful. Mainly used to create cool clockwork stuff and other magic items.
  • Fey magic, which you'll have to discuss with me. Essentially superpowers.

Go here for more in-depth descriptions of the races, along with some drawings and other stuff (some of the stuff about Runic magic is outdated as I post this):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BPPWIZ0oy2adGV3pyT_DGfamYZXzB9nSqEfPE1z-2Kg/edit?usp=sharing

Oh, and a Discord: https://discord.gg/rxmvWzc

Post here if you're interested! Go here for discussion about character creation: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/olhan-ooc-character-development-chat.336272/
Still lookin' for more people!

Still lookin' for more people!
Heyya! I'm new here (well, kind-of, kind-of not. I made an account a few months back and forgot about it)
I would totally be interested in joining! Should I just make a post on the OOC chat forum?

Heyya! I'm new here (well, kind-of, kind-of not. I made an account a few months back and forgot about it)
I would totally be interested in joining! Should I just make a post on the OOC chat forum?
Oh wow, that was fast lmao. Yeah, sure! :D

Bump! Restarting the roleplay. If you've already made a character, you can reuse him/her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back