• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Older Interests Checks Impossible to Edit

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello there!

So, recently a friend of mine (whom I will not mention directly less they give permission, as reporting this is something I'm doing of my own innitiative. Hope you understand) told me he had some interest checks of his necroed back up. I suggested he change the title to "closed" to as to help prevent confusion, however as it turned out older interests checks, while still requiring tags to be edited, do not have anywhere to put tags on- which effectively makes it impossible to edit an older interest check.

If at all possible, I'd like to request this be fixed.

Thank you for your time.

Without knowing the thread in question, it's difficult to fix the problem.

However, I would first suggest that they try adding the tags, not via Edit (because that is not where the option is), but by using the tag icon next to the time/date stamp at the top of the thread. Even older threads should have this -- it will say "None" to the right of the icon because it has no tags.

Once there is a tag of some kind, they should be able to edit their threads normally.

Idea you sweetie I didn't know we were friends...
I thought you were to polite to escape my shit talking

However, I would first suggest that they try adding the tags, not via Edit (because that is not where the option is), but by using the tag icon next to the time/date stamp at the top of the thread. Even older threads should have this -- it will say "None" to the right of the icon because it has no tags.

Once there is a tag of some kind, they should be able to edit their threads normally.
I'm on a shitty tablet so that may have something to do with it

Alright just confirmed it, this works. Thank you very much for your help, I'm sorry if I wasted your time :)

I had no idea this was actually a thing. I thought the same thing as the original poster. Thank you!

I would first suggest that they try adding the tags, not via Edit (because that is not where the option is), but by using the tag icon next to the time/date stamp at the top of the thread.

At this point we might want to consider a little message at the bottom of the first post's edit window explaining this or something, since so many people have been confused about this XD

It might also help if people read older question threads ^;3^ Though I grant that the most recent ones asking this had fallen off the front page.

I'm not sure if we can add that message, but I'll look into it. I agree that it would be helpful, particularly for those coming off hiatus who are already seeing things they don't recognize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back