• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ( old thread. )

Characters
Here
Other
Here
aaaaah i am so conflicted, i have too many supernatural characters.... the changeling and her human 'sister', the witch boy trying to undo a family curse, the young gal who is none too happy about having become a vampire, the werewolf dumbass who i have been wanting to use more....

BUT I also want to create a new character.... I'm thinking a harpy? Maybe based on an owl or a lammergeier (those vultures that eat bones!!!)? decisions, decisions, decisions

low fidelity low fidelity , a few questions for you:

a) does the Academy have any age guidelines (upper or lower) for its students? Like, would a 12 year old lycanthrope have attended Wollstonecraft Juniors first? Are the students who are perpetually high-school age expected to leave at some point if they gain enough experience/maturity to manage their own affairs out in the world?

b) how are we dealing with lore? If I was going to introduce a vampire character, should I align the lore with the other vamp characters and discuss with their writers any thoughts I might have, or are we taking the 'there are various subspecies of vampires with different abilities and limitations' approach?

c) Does the town of Blackcreek come and go with the Academy and who is it populated by? Just various folks from the magical community at large?

Sorry about all the interrogation, at this point I am just curious and nosy, and really only a response to B is needed to work on my character sheets, so!

aaaaah i am so conflicted, i have too many supernatural characters.... the changeling and her human 'sister', the witch boy trying to undo a family curse, the young gal who is none too happy about having become a vampire, the werewolf dumbass who i have been wanting to use more....

BUT I also want to create a new character.... I'm thinking a harpy? Maybe based on an owl or a lammergeier (those vultures that eat bones!!!)? decisions, decisions, decisions

low fidelity low fidelity , a few questions for you:

a) does the Academy have any age guidelines (upper or lower) for its students? Like, would a 12 year old lycanthrope have attended Wollstonecraft Juniors first? Are the students who are perpetually high-school age expected to leave at some point if they gain enough experience/maturity to manage their own affairs out in the world?

b) how are we dealing with lore? If I was going to introduce a vampire character, should I align the lore with the other vamp characters and discuss with their writers any thoughts I might have, or are we taking the 'there are various subspecies of vampires with different abilities and limitations' approach?

c) Does the town of Blackcreek come and go with the Academy and who is it populated by? Just various folks from the magical community at large?

Sorry about all the interrogation, at this point I am just curious and nosy, and really only a response to B is needed to work on my character sheets, so!
i love lore questions so pls dont be afraid to ask em, i know there's so many things to elaborate on!!
& you're already a great writer, i'm sure whatever character you choose is gonna be lovely! c:
i'll answer in the order you asked:

a.) wollstonecraft's grade levels are the same as the US, so the youngest age allowed to enroll as a freshman would be 13 years old. students who age differently than humans are expected to leave upon completing their education, and the school offers general education college-level courses. only special cases are allowed to continue living on campus, perhaps working in the academy!

b.) the latter is what i was going for! different cultures and areas of the world would likely have different subspecies of one species. augustus is a good example of this actually (sorry i know his cs isn't finished), he is a vampire, but specifically a wurdulac, a type of vampire from russian folklore. i'd encourage you though to maybe discuss w/ whoever else has a character w the same general species, just to be safe!

c.) yes, blackcreek comes and goes with the campus! its permanently attached basically. same with its residents.

heyo how's it goin c:

So, um...

I'm thinking of making my character a cambion half-human/half-demon type. he still looks very much human, though. His main ability is controlling Hellfire, but has some trouble completely controlling it. Like, his power might actually hurt him or won't do what he wants it to. That's the basic concept.

Hey hey guys :) I just wanted to ask if it would be alright for me to make a basilisk? Having a human form, able to shift into a poisonous snake 🐍 type of character.

So, um...

I'm thinking of making my character a cambion half-human/half-demon type. he still looks very much human, though. His main ability is controlling Hellfire, but has some trouble completely controlling it. Like, his power might actually hurt him or won't do what he wants it to. That's the basic concept.
oooo sounds cool! that would be an interesting idea to explore

Hey hey guys :) I just wanted to ask if it would be alright for me to make a basilisk? Having a human form, able to shift into a poisonous snake 🐍 type of character.
love that idea! you should definitely go for it. ty for asking first ^-^

AHHH, finally. Xhosa is finished!!! <3
Beware to those who read her history, it's a long one. Lol
Time to work on my little spider girl now. ^-^

low fidelity low fidelity I'm not sure what kind of half-demon he should be yet. It's either just a regular demon or the fallen angel-devil type.

I'll try to set up my CS as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Histories have always been so hard for me. My mental word vomit has been a blessing and a curse in my writing history, I swear.

I'm definitely rewriting my characters backstories once I finish the rest of their CS's

I made a shapeshifter and sort of made up my own lore for it,,, I'll flesh out that aspect a little more later. Hopefully it's okay!

I made a shapeshifter and sort of made up my own lore for it,,, I'll flesh out that aspect a little more later. Hopefully it's okay!
he's real neat so far! but yeah that's coolπŸ‘Œ
low fidelity low fidelity is it really necessary for me to include weight? I have a height for a face claim and my character has a human appearance.
that parts mainly so we can get an idea of your character's body build, and it's a bit more relevant for characters with different physiology, such as jude. if you don't think its super necessary, then sure, omit it.

the deadline is 1st April - but do we still have the whole 1st April to complete cs or is 1st April the day you look through everything and decide? c: low fidelity low fidelity
you have until midnight of of april 1st!

gonna change the rules of shadow people for micah a bit when i get home from work to make things a bit more convenient lol

okay! i hope i can finish my demon until then <3
no worries ^-^ as long as you have at least one character done, you'll be considered

me: [ knows that indigo's cs isn't complete ]
also me: [ questioning if i should impulsively change her cs code ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back