OLD RP - The Stormlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnos

L'Empereur
adfd98a28c043cee3e2d81cdb71f436a.jpg

(To speed things along, I will be saying that my posts of Meria were before arrival of everyone at Kings Landing, so the timing is better.)

It had been three days since Meria and Maxim had returned to Summerhall. Upon arrival, Meria had immediately been taken to the Keeps medical ward, where she was treated for numerous small injuries, and a slight fever. During the entirety of the time, Maxim never left the entrance to the ward, always keeping a vigilant eye over his charge. Upon their arrival, Maxim had made sure the message bound for Kings Landing was well under way. he estimated it would be arriving any day now at the Red Keep, and he truly feared for what the news would do to his Prince.

Hearing his name called, he quickly rose from his perch by the door, and entered the ward.

Departing from the gates of Summerhall, a convoy of over 100 riders and several wagons rolled out of the large gates. At the head of the column, a warrior in burnt orange armor, riding on top of a large war stallion, gestured with his hand, and three riders rode away from the column. The riders, each wearing similar armor to the standard uniform of the stormlands, except with a Targaryen dragon on their chests, looked around the forests they passed on their journey. Inside one of the wagons, a young girl peaked out from underneath the tarp, seeing new parts of the world for the first time, before being pulled back inside by a old woman. Turning off from a side road, the column gets on the Kings Road, and begins making its way towards the capital.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rory Baratheon

There it was, the magnificent fortress of Storm's End - looming over the Stormlands - like a King overlooking his realm, the home to the Baratheon-line was as majestic as it was terrifying, with towering walls made of thick stone; rumoured to be enchanted with magic and supported by great towers - and that was merely the outer layer. This was a sight he'd missed dearly, to lay eyes upon it once more was most certainly a refreshment. Though anything would be refreshing after being captive to slavers for nearly a year. Yet even though by all rights, Rory was now safe there was a pressing sense of urgency about him; a round of sightseeing his castle - his home - again, could wait. First he needed to see his sister - and his liege - immediately. The ship he had so-bravely conquered was now in possession of his former "crew", criminals and scoundrels, no doubt; but men who had been prisoners much like him. Without them he would never have escaped, they deserved their freedom and their reward. They deserved a second chance. Of course, as soon as their rundown ship neared Shipbreaker Bay they were intercepted by a Naval Patrol - likely giddy with excitement to kill some pirates - whether they were relieved or disappointed at finding the "Lost at Sea" Baratheon, Rory was a mystery to anyone. Although if the Lady Paramount of the Stormlands was present, Rory suspected she'd reward them handsomely.

"My sister, take me to her right away." Rory spoke bluntly to the Man-At-Arms beside him, the Stag symbol woven-into his cuirass with artistic precision. He was a man of importance, Captain of the patrol.

"My... My Lord, the Lady Paramount is at King's Landing... The Lady Isla is to be wed to a Targaryen lad, much has transpired since you disappeared. Everyone feared the seas of the Bay had swallowed you, the Stormlands mourned your passi -"

"Yet here I stand, alive. Or are you as blind as you are useless? I remember you, the Tarth-lad who had the admirable goal of becoming Admiral of our Fleet. I may have been missing for a year, but I'm not bloody brain-dead. I know what happens if someone is lost at sea for as long as I was, now tell me the essentials; who is my sister marrying, what is the state of the realm, and who is ruling in Ivana's absence?" The young man's face reddened at the bluntness of his new superior, Rory's voice was rushed and dark, carrying great authority and a subtle hint of worry. His sister was marrying? She could be tarnishing the Baratheon line, more than that was Rory had a bad-feeling about... something, nothing he could place but it sent a chill down his spine regardless.

"O-Of course, My Lord, the Lady Isla is set to marry Ser Aegon Targaryen; the wedding shall be soon. For matters of the realm, many prominent Lords all over Westeros are attending a Grand Tourney at Casterly Rock, and... Well, that would be you My Lord."

Rory's lips were set into a purse at the information, Aegon Targaryen was not worthy of his sister, what was she thinking to go through with such an unfavourable marriage? Had Ivana given consent to this? It appeared with the Stormlands briefly at his disposal, he had work to do; whether he could postpone the marriage or not was in the hands of fate, but he would certainly try. "The men who accompanied me, I want them rewarded. Each man shall be given 20 Gold Dragons and be offered a place in your crew - because I trust you're the best to train them - I also want a rider sent to the Castle, inform the Steward of my return and have ravens sent out to every House - minor or otherwise - that Rory Baratheon is alive and well."

"As you command, My Lord."

With that, Rory took upon a given horse and rode for the castle with haste, he didn't care for petty distractions such as realm affairs or surprised shock, the Steward had his orders. Rory needed to write to his sister immediately. It wasn't long until the rapid gallop of the horses hooves slowed to a halt as the Acting Lord of Storm's End stood at the Keep gates. From a distance the powerful walls were a beautiful sight to behold, yet up-close they were nothing short of daunting. Alas the time for admiring the castle architecture could wait, amidst the hushed whispers and shocked gasps Rory rushed through the door without slowing an inch - every figure he saw wanted to barrage him with questions - but the mans' look was very clear. Not now. The sheer size of the Keep made it seem like a maze to those unfamiliar, but even after having been absent for so long Rory knew it like the back of his hand, which is why it only took him mere minutes to reach the study, it was time to write. The letter was meant for as much Isla as it was Ivana.

Dear Sister,

Please heed my words, though I have been lost to you for nearly a year - I have returned with my life and without injury - I apologise for any grief my disappearance may have caused, but information most unkind has soured my mood and shook me with worry. You cannot marry Aegon Targaryen, you are one of the most important woman in Westeros, and he is a deceptive snake. One most unworthy of you; most men are. You have great gifts that lesser men wish to exploit, do not allow it. I beg of you, if you will not cancel this joining, at least consider postponing it. Return to the Stormlands, let us talk as brother and sister. Let me advice you once more, I extend my help to you as your brother and your most loyal subject. This is not a decision you should make alone, I do not doubt the good intentions Ivana may hold, but I fear she is acting brashly. It could have great consequences on both you and the Baratheon line.

Rory,

@Akio@ailurophile

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread