• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Oh My Gods!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Shagranoz

One Thousand Club
Winter tends to come early up around Lake Erie, and a good portion of Ohio was already blanketed in a November blizzard. New Celestia, however, had only received a light sprinkling of snow- the benefits of having a small army of wind and weather gods keeping an eye out for their kids.

Julie woke up and saw her mom already cooking breakfast, her shining bronze leg reflecting the light of the kitchen. Healing such a wound was beyond even a child of Apollo, but you could do a lot with magical blacksmithing tools- the prosthesis could bend and flex just like flesh, and even had a measure of feeling. “Hey, mom. Keep it warm for me- I’m heading out for a little bit.”

“Okay, hon. Just don’t be gone too long.”

As Julie headed out, she shook her head at the gods’ selection of a city site, and not for the first time. America had been chosen as more or less neutral ground, but the Egyptian deities had wanted it in the desert Southwest. She couldn’t blame them- summer heat beat winter snow every single time.

lilian-jpg.510015

Lilian White
Apartment ==> Street
Walking;looking for breakfast

Interaction: None; open
Mention: -​
She was out of eggs.

She only discovered the fact when she checked the refridgerator in the morning. To her annoyance, it wasn't her fault. In fact, she still had two eggs for breakfast; only, they were spoiled. Before their expiry date, too. Lilian managed her fridge as neat as her study notes. Every meal was planned, every ingredients put into neat blocks displayed on a list on her fridge. She only had two meal blocks left: one with omelette, salad, toast, and sausages and one with fish stew.

Eating stew for breakfast? No way.

"It's not bad to eat out once in a while,"
Lilian muttered to herself after considering her choice. She closed the refridgerator door and entered the bathroom. Several seconds later, the sound of a shower running could be heard from the spacious house.

Half an hour later, Lilian locked the door to her house in a fresh set of clothes. A grey turtleneck sweater and a skirt of identical tone reaching her thigh. It wasn't cold enough to wear stocking yet, but a series of glyph etched on her left forearm warded her against the cold. She could feel warm even if she just wore a shirt and jeans. She didn't want to, though. Winter gave her a chance to wear her winter clothes.

The day was still early, but New Celestia was never quiet. Even in the dark of the night, descendants of Nyx and Artemis would usually roam the land. Lilian halted on her steps to give way to a passing blizzard chasing what looked like a deer. Descendant of Boreas and Pan, maybe? It was no use guessing most of the time. Snow fell down slowly, painting the canvas white. Lilian held her hand up. The cold snow melted before it touched her hand courtesy of her glyphs of warmth. The cold water was enough for her to reaffirm the season.

It was winter. Six months since she started living on her own.

Winter was an interesting season for the daughter of a sun god. It was cold and often cloudy and that messed with her powers quite a bit. Unable to harnass enough light. But for the most part that didn't matter. Not like she needed to use them for anything. It was more of something she used for fun, despite her desire for a more practical use. Fighting.

Being so young, she often had to find her own things to do. Most of the busywork was left to older demigods. But she helped out where she could, learned what she could, and did things when she could. For now she sat at Ra's Shrine. She always wanted to know what Ra was like but she had never met him.

"You know.. I was thinking about all the quests that happen. Do you think I would be able to go on one sometime?"
"I've been practicing my fighting skills, I think I'm getting pretty good."
No answer. Ofcourse. Ra was the Sun God, leader of the Egyptian Pantheon. So ofcourse he'd be busy. But it wouldn't hurt for a sign once in a while, maybe a hello. Oh well.
"Alright well good chat father." Lucy decided to head out. Maybe perhaps someone needed help somewhere. Might aswell check the marketplace.

At the first crack of dawn James' eyes were open. Getting up from his bed, James started his morning routine as he always did. He made his bed and ensured to eliminate any wrinkle that he discovered. A morning stretch was next on his list after fixing his bed. After exactly 15 minutes of stretching he went into the kitchen to check up on his food. As he opened his cupboards and found very little within them. A small smile started to appear on his face. Everything was exactly where it was suppose to be and he was amused by how well he had planned his groceries. He always loved it when everything goes according to plan. He had exactly enough food for breakfast which consisted of an egg salad sandwich. After he finished eating he quickly washed the dishes and planned his trip to buy more food and potentially earn a bit of coin along the way.

Looking out his window he noticed the winter weather and smiled once more. Winter was his favourite season and just loved the feeling of numbness around his body when the temperature got cold. In the past he used the feeling to zone out the world for a second to escape to one less chaotic and peaceful. But now it just serves him as a reminder of where he came from and how blessed he is to be where he is now.

Before heading out James grabs his coat, chain, lint roller and trusty sword which he had just sharpened the day prior. He quickly checks that all the doors and cupboards are closed before he heads out ready to see what the world has in store for him today.

Mornings were always Rory’s favorite time of day in New Celestia, the early hours were always the time when the city was at it’s most peaceful and quiet. He was accustomed to waking up early for his job as one of the city’s messengers and found that even on days off like today, he was often up early enough to see the sun’s first rays lighting up the horizon. Judging from the steady measure of snow falling outside of his window, Rory assumed he wouldn’t being seeing much sun today at all let alone the sunrise. With a preemptive shiver, Rory cast his damp towel to the side and began getting dressed, pulling his warmest clothing from his closet to ward against the winter chill.

Stepping out onto the balcony of his fifth floor studio, Rory pulled his scarf up over his mouth and gave a light shiver. Despite living in the city for over two years, Rory still wasn’t used to how damn cold it got this far north. He missed his San Diego winters where you could be expected to survive by throwing on a thick sweater and maybe a light jacket. These days a pair of long johns were counted among his most prized possessions. That being said, the sense of wonder from seeing snow for the first time two years ago had never quite left him and he loved how pristine a fresh blanket of snow made the city look. Even now as he gazed down at the roads below him he felt a little giddy, wondering if anyone would think he was weird if he built a snowman down there later. Tucking the thought away for later, Rory pulled his aviator goggles down over his eyes and vaulted himself over the railing into the air.

The Siren’s Saucer was one of Rory’s favorite spots in all of New Celestia, not only did the moderately sized cafe serve an amazing macchiato but it was located centrally in the Grand Market. He thoroughly enjoyed coming to this cafe on his days off to sit by the window with his coffee and while he usually brought a book, his attention was often taken up by people-watching as the Grand Market came to life. It was still too early for most of the shops in the central square to open but the foot traffic was already starting to pick up considerably. He sat back and watched as various demigods wandered past and tried to guess what sorts of godly lineage each one of them had. He noticed a couple people dressed very lightly against the cold and while he would normally assume they had some manner of influence over temperature, he knew these northerners were a strange breed and sometimes they just didn’t think it was that cold out. If he was being honest with himself, he thought that was much stranger than the fact that he had just flown three blocks to get a cup of coffee.

Sora opened his eyes.

He was kneeling in front of his fathers shrine, hoping for a message from the god soon. It had been a while since the cold season had started, and though it hadn't bothered Sora much (because Japan either gets no cold or Great Wall high snow), his mother had been getting down because of the no contact. He rang the bell, and once again prayed or his mothers well wishes, and stood up. Shaking the stiffness in his bones, Sora tinkered with his Magatama he left the building. It always felt strange in that place, praying at the largest shrine and almost ignoring all of the ones for his cousins and half-siblings. He sighed. It was tradition, after all. As he reminisced when he first met his half-sister, Amaterasu (who, in fact, had taken the form of young college student ho own ed a hot rod - in Arizona), Sora grabbed his coat and scarf, tying them onto himself as he exited the grounds.

The snow was blindley smooth.

One of the many upsides (that were non-magical) to being a demigod to one of the most powerful gods in the world, is the ability to view the nature of the world in a different world. The gods that watched over New Celestia, could be in a good or bad mood. He was not one to study up on the history of the secret town, but he was one to know that this snow had come for a reason. Taking a long inhale, Sora began his walk to the Grand Market.

He needed some noodles for lunch.

As the morning pressed on, the Grand Market came alive with bustling activity. Julie always marveled at how so many people from all over the world and such different backgrounds came together here, bound by the one thing they all had in common. She poked her head into The Siren's Saucer- the owner, Antonio, always seemed to be up for a chat, but as she entered, her eyes went to Rory. She'd run into the son of Iris a few times, and while there was nothing romantic between them, she did seem to like him, in her own way.

"Hey, Rory. Nice to run into you. Done with your deliveries early?"

Tempo Tempo

The Grand Market had grown into quite the crowd by the time Rory had finished nursing his coffee. He was caught somewhere between being captivated by the various demigods passing by the window and contemplating his second cup of coffee when his reverie was disturbed by a female voice. He jumped slightly, his gaze darting up to the young woman beside him and as recognition warmed his gaze, he brightened into a welcoming grin. “Julie! Fancy meeting you here,” he said with a laugh. “No deliveries for me today, I’ve got the day off!” He responded happily, idly playing with a packet of sugar in his hands. “Thought I’d start the day off here to warm up and then maybe head out to do some shopping once I’m brave enough to face the cold again.” He explained with a shrug before gesturing at the other empty chair at the table with his hand. “Got any big plans going on today or would you care to join me? I’ve got nothing else going on, always glad for the company.”

While Rory wasn’t overly familiar with Julie, he liked what he had seen of her so far and her mother was kind as well. Julie and her mother were part of Rory’s typical delivery route so when they got letters and packages, he was generally the one to deliver them. He liked that they weren’t super snooty like some of the other demigods he had run into, some of them liked to look down at those like himself who didn’t have that headliner god lineage like a son of Zues or something. He enjoyed talking with people in general but he was always happy to run in the Martinez family when he wasn’t doing deliveries and had more time for a chat.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

"A day off? You're lucky. I have to work out every day- dad wants me to." Julie grinned, but her mirth was short-lived as a horn blew. Scratch that, the horn blew.

Every demigod in New Celestia tensed up. One blast of the horn meant to meet at the Council Palace for important news, two meant to go to the Grand Temple to greet a visiting god, and the dreaded three was a warning that the city itself was under attack by monsters. But there was no further sound- it seemed that this was merely some business that the Council wanted to share- not that that wasn't important in itself.

As everyone gathered, a small, forty-something man stood at the palace steps. Mike didn't look like your stereotypical son of Ares, but he had a booming voice that would be heard above every battle. "Attention, everyone. We've discovered a small nest of harpies about three miles east of the city. The Council doesn't want any mortals getting hurt by them, so we're asking for volunteers for a monster hunt. Any takers?"

On a decrepit bench alongside some bushel of overgrown greenery sat the tall, focused son of Freyja, who seemed uninterested in anything other than the makeshift dagger currently rolling around his fingers. The object looked almost like one of those primitive arrowheads from thousands of years ago and had just about the same value: broad, crude, and worthless outside of a shadow box. Nevertheless, it remained a thing of beauty in Michevy's eyes, even if he'd hastily carved it only 10 minutes ago.

The blonde European's attention only shifted when the blaring hum of a horn flooded New Celestia, drawing his gaze towards the direction of the Council Palace: a summoning. With a gentle sigh, he glanced down at the unrefined blade in his hand one last time apologetically before snapping it in half. With a flick of the wrist he tossed the remains into the bushes; he knew better than to leave even remotely sharp objects where people could step on them.

Michevy stood, and with his hands in his pockets he began the journey towards the Palace, assimilating with the trickle of other demi-gods as they walked with varying levels of anticipation. Upon arrival, a powerful voice broke through the casual chatter with authority somehow unbefitting of the man it belonged to. Rather than pay attention to what he was saying, Michevy chose instead to speculate about which god might have produced such offspring. Only when the word "harpies" was spoken did his eyes snap back to the person in question with some amount of interest.

"I'll go," he announced, stepping forward with one arm raised in a voluntary display.

A band of harpies. Well she supposed she might not get a chance to go do something important for a while. She was young however and wasn't typically the best at combat. Although she was a daughter of Ra. So she was supposed to be powerful. Well maybe not yet.
But she wasn't gonna go alone because another volunteered.
"I'll volunteer too!"

Myra Santos

___

Myra Santos hated mornings. The alarm was blaring and she had to choice but to throw it across the room. It was the 5th alarm clock she bought, guess she have to stop buying them because she'll end up breaking them anyway. It'll be a waste of money. Her head spun as she dragged herself out of the bed. Last night was crazy. If there's one thing she liked about New Celestia, it was the parties. They were wild, to the point that she had to stop every so often to puke.

Myra checked her phone and replied to her mom's text, then proceeded to the bathroom. She washed her face and brushed her teeth. The sound of horns interrupted her daily rituals. What now? Quickly she got ready and head out the door. It better be some hell of a news because she hadn't have her coffee yet.

As she walked to the Palace, she spotted a group of kids laughing as they showed off their powers. These damn demigods were really something else. They let their powers out for others to see, as if they're not dangerous. Was it really something to be proud of? Were they lucky to have a part of the gods imprinted on their being? Myra wasn't sure herself if she wanted to jump around in joy just because she could see the dead or make other people's skin fall off.

When she arrived at the Palace, everyone was already there. Discussing about some harpies in the city. She didn't want to join, it would be a waste of time. But she remembered her mission.

"Remember Myra, you must blend in with those wretched half-bloods and learn about their strength and weaknesses. And then, we'll shatter them all one by one."

At the back of the crowd, Myra raised her hand. "I'll go."

Gael woke up to an empty house as he usually does , Vulcan was very busy and usually did not get back til late night, so Gael usually never has the chance to see him. He slowly climbed out of his bed and walked into his kitchen to prepare himself breakfast. He grabbed a bagel from his pantry and just ate it plain like he always does. After finishing his bagel, he went back to his room and got dressed for the day. Now dressed, he walked to his forge and thought he would make a piece of armor or weapon, so he grabbed his hammer and was about to start his furnace and noticed that he had no materials. That meant he had to go down to the Grand Market. Gael put on a jacket and put his trusty hammer on his belt, never going anywhere without it. The hammer was light as a feather because his father made it so it being at his side was no burden. Gael proceeded out the door to the Grand Market, eventually arriving at his desired destination. Gael was about to walk into the store that had his materials when he heard a single horn blast. Gael then changed his destination to the Council Palace. He arrived at the destination in a few mins. A man that he wasn't very familiar with stood on the steps and called out, "Attention, everyone. We've discovered a small nest of harpies about three miles east of the city. The Council doesn't want any mortals getting hurt by them, so we're asking for volunteers for a monster hunt. Any takers?" After hearing the man speak, Gael did not hesitate, "I'll go." Gael was very familiar with harpies and did not like them one bit.

Julie raised her hand. "I'll go as well. If these harpies are dangerous enough to be worthy of a quest, then I can't stand idly by." Truth be told, she'd never raised a weapon in anger- not as an average kid, and not at New Celestia, though she'd done a practice duel or two. But her father was a god of war- what would it say if she was thought to be a coward?

"Excellent!" Mike called out. "We have a party for the quest! Ladies, gentlemen- gather whatever you need and meet me at the east gate in an hour. You are dismissed." Julie nodded, and then walked off towards the Temple. She felt she needed all the help she could muster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back