Official RpNation Suggestions for Sub-Genres, Dice Systems & Tags

RpNation

I didn't want to go swimming anyway, baka!
Administrator
Please fill out the form for your suggestion. While we will take your suggestions into consideration we cannot guarantee they will accepted. You can find the current list of tags here.

Current Sub-Genres should not be suggested as tags. Sub-Genres will be directly tied to the filter system as a searchable option.

Suggestion Type: (Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems)
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems:
Comments: (Optional)

Action
Adventure
AU
Cyberpunk
Dystopian
Foreign
Historical
Horror
KRP
LGTBQ+ Friendly
Magical
Meta
Multiverse
Mystery
Platonic
Realistic
Romance
School
Slice of Life
Super Powers
Supernatural
Zombies

Apocalypse World
Call of Cthulhu 7e
d20
D&D 3.5
D&D 4e
D&D 5e
Dragon Age
Exalted 2.5
Exalted 3e
Fantasy Age
FATE
Genesys
Godbound
GURPS
Masterminds 3e
Mutants
Palladium
Pathfinder 1
Pathfinder 2
Savage Worlds
Starfinder
Warhammer
WoD - Vampire: The Masquerade
WoD - Werewolf: The Apocalypse
WoD - Mage: The Ascension
WoD - Changeling: The Dreaming
WoD - Hunter: The Reckoning
CoD - Vampire: The Requiem
CoD - Werewolf: The Forsaken
CoD - Mage: The Awakening
CoD - Hunter: The Vigil
CoD - Changeling: The Lost

Academy
Accepting
Agents
Aliens
Androids
Angels
Angst
Animals
Anime Fandom
Anthro
Apocalypse
Aristocracy
Assassin
Asylum
Biopunk
BNHA
Book Fandom
Campy
Canon Characters
Celebrity
Chat style
Chilling
Closed
College
Comedy
Comic Fandom
Conspiracy
Creepypasta
Crime
Crossover
Crossover Fandom
Cyberpunk
Cyborgs
Dark Fantasy
DC Universe
Deities
Demons
Detective
Disney
Dragon Ball Universe
Dragons
Drama
Elves
Empire
Espionage
Exploration
F/F
Family
Fandom Characters
Fast-paced
Final Fantasy Universe
Fluff
Furries
Game Fandom
Gang
Ghosts
Gijinka
GM Guided
Gothic
Gritty
Heroes
High Fantasy
High School
Hitman
Humans
IC
Idol
Investigation
Isekai
Jedi
Kingdom
KPOP
Kunoichi
Lovecraftian
Low Fantasy
M/F
M/M
Mafia
Magical Boys
Magical Girls
Martial Arts
Marvel Universe
Mecha
Medieval
Melodrama
Mermaids
Military
Monsters
Movie Fandom
Murder
My Little Pony
Mythological
Nanopunk
Ninja
Nobility
Noir
Non-Human
Novella style
Occult
Onna-bugeisha
Open
Orcs
Original Characters
Paranormal
Parody
Pirates
Police
Post Apocalyptic
Post-Canon
Powers
Preternatural
Prison
Renaissance
Robots
Royalty
Samurai
Sandbox
Satire
Sci-fi
Science Fantasy
Semi-Sandbox
Shifters
Shinobi
Sith
Slow-paced
Soldiers
Soulmates
Space
Space Opera
Spies
Spy-fi
Steampunk
Survival
Suspense
Thriller
Time Travel
Tragedy
Tragicomedy
TV Fandom
Ulzzang
University
Urban Fantasy
Urban Legend
Utopian
Vampire
Villains
Violent
War
Warfare
Warlocks
Warlords
Warriors
Werewolf
Western
WIP
Witches
Wizards
Wuxia

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre/Tag (?)
Name: Horror
Comments: This seems like a pretty big one that doesn't really have a space otherwise

(Hope I did this right)

Type: Tag
Name: Sandbox Style
Comments: Used by game hosts to indicate their approach to the game will focus on player-driven plot rather than moderated plot. Players will be running their own NPCs and animating their part of the world, with most game content being interaction between players and their player-controlled characters.

Name: Semi-Sandbox Style
Comments: Used by game hosts to indicate their approach to the game will focus on player-driven plot rather than moderated plot. However, the game host intends to run NPCs and generally animate the world in a reactive sense (players decide to go to a town, the host details what they find when they get there).

Name: Moderated Style (or maybe DM Style?)
Comments: Used by game hosts to indicate they have a specific story in mind for their game and they'll be running that plot for players. Players will create and control their characters. The game host plans to run everything else including providing a story hook, missions or plots the players will play through.

Name: Sandbox Style
Comments: Used by game hosts to indicate their approach to the game will focus on player-driven plot rather than moderated plot. Players will be running their own NPCs and animating their part of the world, with most game content being interaction between players and their player-controlled characters.

Name: Semi-Sandbox Style
Comments: Used by game hosts to indicate their approach to the game will focus on player-driven plot rather than moderated plot. However, the game host intends to run NPCs and generally animate the world in a reactive sense (players decide to go to a town, the host details what they find when they get there).

Name: Moderated Style (or maybe DM Style?)
Comments: Used by game hosts to indicate they have a specific story in mind for their game and they'll be running that plot for players. Players will create and control their characters. The game host plans to run everything else including providing a story hook, missions or plots the players will play through.

I'll discuss it with the staff, I tend to run big Sandbox style games, so I understand. No promises though.

Type: Tags (2)
Name: Multiverse and Crossovers
It's arguable that they mean the same thing but given the context of Multiverse vs Crossover I think both should be added. First for the people who want a huge clashing of worlds, characters, and universes (multiverse), and world's with only 2 or three worlds coming together. (Crossover)

Last edited:
Type: Tags (2)
Name: Multiverse and Crossovers
It's arguable that they mean the same thing hit given the context of Multiverse vs Crossover I think both should be added. First for the people who want a huge clashing of worlds, characters, and universes (multiverse), and world's with only 2 or three worlds coming together. (Crossover)
Multiverse is already a sub-genre. Sub-gernres won't get tags. Crossovers may get a tag as it falls under the umbrella of the multiverse concept.

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Urban Fantasy
Comments: Better narrowing because there a fantasy themes in many urban settings, will reduce need for having to tag fantasy/supernatural races.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Anime Fandom

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Movie Fandom

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Book Fandom

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: TV Fandom

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Game Fandom

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Crossover Fandom
Comments: Help narrow down fandom by a 'type'.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Animal
Comments: For those who RP as animal based characters, like cats and wolves.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Isekai
Comments: Genre so popular it's actually banned from contests in Japan because it's all anyone would write.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Witches, Warlocks, Wizards, Ghosts, Demons, Androids, Cyborgs, Humans, Non-Human
Comments: Need more. XD

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Marvel Universe, DC Universe
Comments: Two big fandoms which will always be sustained by comics.

Last edited:
Suggestion Tags: fandoms, Romances, OCS, action and adventure

I didn't want to be detailed, because that can get confusing. Do I just went straight to the point. I think these three tag suggestions kind of sum up what I mean. Like fandoms can mean pretty much any kind of show, anime, movie, video game etc. XD I can't remember if action and adventure was still on there or not but I'll ad it too.

Suggestion Tags: fandoms, Romances, OCS, action and adventure

I didn't want to be detailed, because that can get confusing. Do I just went straight to the point. I think these three tag suggestions kind of sum up what I mean. Like fandoms can mean pretty much any kind of show, anime, movie, video game etc. XD I can't remember if action and adventure was still on there or not but I'll ad it too.
Action, Adventure and Romance are sub-genres and are invalid suggestions. Fandom is it's own prefix as well. OCs would go into Extra Pages forum where most put a thread specifically for CS's. It's better to be detailed and list off what you want because we can't guess what fandoms you are interested in. :\

I've already suggested some fandom tags to be introduced later as a start which goes over types of fandoms if you read a few posts from earlier.

Action, Adventure and Romance are sub-genres are are invalid suggestions. Fandom is it's own prefix as well. OCs would go into Extra Pages forum where most put a thread specifically for CS's. It's better to be detailed and list off what you want because we can't guess what fandoms you are interested in. :\

I've already suggested some fandom tags to be introduced later as a start which goes over types of fandoms if you read a few posts from earlier.
Ah okay then. Sorry still trying to figure all this out 😅

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre.
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Grimdark.
Comments: (Optional)

I was going to suggest angst as a tag but I'm not entirely sure how to to type out my suggestion. I'm really confused.
I'm pretty sure it would look something like this:
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: "Angst"
Comments: Whatever comments you may have about this (optional)

Hope that helped!

We've added in some new tags to the system! If you've suggested something and don't see it, don't fret, some are being discussed because we might want to re-word them so others understand the tag more easily or may consider it for a sub-genre. :3 Keep the suggestions coming!

Androids
Angst
Animals
Anime Fandom
Book Fandom
Crossover
Crossover Fandom
Cyborgs
DC Universe
Demons
Game Fandom
Ghosts
Humans
Isekai
Marvel Universe
Movie Fandom
Non-Human
TV Fandom
Urban Fantasy
Warlocks
Witches
Wizards

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Harry Potter fandom Rps are fairly popular, so that might be a good tag to add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back