Official RpNation Suggestions for Sub-Genres, Dice Systems & Tags

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Yearning

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Pining

Suggestion Type: (Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems)
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Science Fiction
Comments: (Optional)

I apologize, it doesn't show up for me as an option.View attachment 578787

Those are sub genres.

Futuristic is where Sci-Fi stuff goes.

Here are the master categories. The next update will make the Master Categories easier to understand.

firefox_2019-05-23_03-17-45.png

I'm honestly having trouble with the tag part of merely updating something. Won't let be do anything and I tried everything to make a so called tags. May someone please help me?

I'm honestly having trouble with the tag part of merely updating something. Won't let be do anything and I tried everything to make a so called tags. May someone please help me?

Next to where your tags would be, click the little icon that looks like a luggage tag. There will be a sentence that says to pick from a list. That is a link that will take you to the list. Any of those tags can be used.

Ok and I am not finding it. I see the prefext stuff and the sub genres then the thread Mark label thing. I'm thinking I should rewrite it all on a new thread instead of updating an old one.

Ok and I am not finding it. I see the prefext stuff and the sub genres then the thread Mark label thing. I'm thinking I should rewrite it all on a new thread instead of updating an old one.
It sounds like you're editing your thread (or the first post, which is essentially the same thing). To add tags, don't edit, click on the tag icon next to the time/date stamp at the top of the thread.
Capture.JPG

Name of Tag: Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider
Comments: I see PR becoming a slowly rising fandom here, so a tag may be nice for future players. My friends and I alone have a RP going on for 4 years centered around it! Sentai and Rider are fainter suggestions but worth potentially looking into. Good day! :)

Suggestion Type: (Sub-Genre/Tag)
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag: Game-like
Comments: As someone who makes a lot of fantasy worlds with game elements to spice things up (I've 110% consumed too much Isekai) I find it a little disappointing that there isn't a tag or subgenre like this. Even RPs that don't directly incorporate such elements often have them in the meta level, like in character sheets. And for people seeking out/trying to avoid these sorts of RPs, it must be cumbersome that there isn't something to label it.

Suggestion Type: (Sub-Genre/Tag)
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag: Game-like
Comments: As someone who makes a lot of fantasy worlds with game elements to spice things up (I've 110% consumed too much Isekai) I find it a little disappointing that there isn't a tag or subgenre like this. Even RPs that don't directly incorporate such elements often have them in the meta level, like in character sheets. And for people seeking out/trying to avoid these sorts of RPs, it must be cumbersome that there isn't something to label it.
You're going to have to clarify exactly what you are defining 'game-like' as because the Staff discussing it aren't sure what exactly you are suggesting.

You're going to have to clarify exactly what you are defining 'game-like' as because the Staff discussing it aren't sure what exactly you are suggesting.
I'm sorry for not clarifying, I'm using it to denote a roleplay that has systems in place resemble video games, specifically RPGs. Something that might have a stats system, or a skills system, but doesn't necessarily use dice. Many recent Isekai anime like Tensei Shittara Slime are a good example of something I would label as 'game-like'. In my opinion, what would seperate these sorts of RPs from a normal video game RP is that the rules and restrictions wouldn't be as tight - it's a living world, not a synthetic creation, so use of the system beyond what was intended is very possible.

(Minor bad luck for disputes, I'm concerned now lol.)

Why not just call it Isekai? A lot of people would understand that more then "game-like"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back