Official RpNation Suggestions for Sub-Genres, Dice Systems & Tags

I don't think I agree. Because I role play Shippuden but not the original Naruto. But I know that in this case it makes sense to just put Naruto. I can always just have Shippuden in my title
It would probably just fall under a general "Naruto Fandom" tag since there are the anime seasons, spin-offs, the manga, etc. So you could further define it with your title as you've stated

Hey guys, is it possible to have a GM Guided as either a tag or a sub-genre if it makes sense? Or Choices, Choice Based as a tag? All of my 1x1's in threads are under these genres.
Someone suggested something similar (GM Guided) so right now we're just trying to determine the best tag for it to make it clear what it means for everyone.

I don't know how well it would work, but it would be cool if there were tags that show how often you'd like replies. That way those who like replies often can just look at search threads where that's the case and those who need a long time to reply can find partners who don't mind waiting awhile for replies.

I hope I explained that well enough 😥
The problem with this is that what the tags are and what people actually have as a post frequency may end up mis-matching. While something like "daily" may work, anything after daily would become complicated since some people can define as "a couple times a week" "a few times a week" "twice a week" "three times a week" and so on. This just works better as preference information in a thread over a tag.

Sorta like someone who orders a complicated coffee order on a regular menu item at a Starbucks. XD

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Original Characters, Fandom Characters, Canon Character
Comment: Help discern what characters interest in using or what will be used for a group.
+1 to these tags, please!

And then possibly

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Offsite OOC
Comment: Just a tag to indicate RPs where the OOC discussion is off-site.... aka Discord.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Murder, Police, Investigation
Comments: for detective rp needs

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Dragon Ball
Comments: popular fandom, should probably include all the DB, DBZ, DBS, DBFZ and whatever else

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Magical Girls/Boys
Comments: popular genre (probably)

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Novella style, Chat style
Comments: writing styles. I think only need tags for shortest and longest, no need for styles in between because they're most common anyway

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Final Fantasy
Comments: game fandom, even though currently it's mostly FF15 but others pop up too sometimes

Last edited:
Name of Tag: Fantasy
Comments: I know we already have more than one type of fantasy, but I feel like it might be helpful to put in an umbrella-type option as well for those of us that cross over into multiple realms of fantasy. This way, we don't have to waste 3 of our limited tags on trying to be thorough.

Name of Tag: Fantasy
Comments: I know we already have more than one type of fantasy, but I feel like it might be helpful to put in an umbrella-type option as well for those of us that cross over into multiple realms of fantasy. This way, we don't have to waste 3 of our limited tags on trying to be thorough.
Fantasy is actually a current prefix which is selectable. :3

Fantasy is actually a current prefix which is selectable. :3

I've seen that, but my problem there is it's not accurate for what I'm posting. I have a searching for partners thread and since my interests reach outside of fantasy, also encompassing several of the other options for prefixes, I have multiple settings as my prefix; it seems the most accurate. But since I am interested in fantasy, I wanted to have that as a tag to draw in those players as well. I guess my worry is that people will glance over it if they see that it's tagged "high fantasy" and they're looking for something else when, in fact, I'm interested in all three.

We'll all see better how this works when it goes live. ^3^ And there's nothing stopping us from changing things afterwards, if something doesn't work out the way we thought it would. We've put a lot of thought into it already, but we're not perfect or prophets so it's always good to be flexible!
Gasp! I know! How about adding an opposing tag, like "Het"?

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Western
Comment: For good western/ gunslinger type rps

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Post Apocalyptic
Comment: Generally a popular rp subject

Suggestion Type: Dice systems
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: DnD 5e
Comment: We have 3.5e and 4e, but no 5e - the newest system and a very popular one.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Satire & Parody
Comments: Cause I can't have a generic action movie plot without those.

Here is the next batch of updates!

Agents
Angels
Aristocracy
Assassin
Asylum
Canon Characters
Celebrity
Chat style
Comic Fandom
Creepypasta
Dark Fantasy
Dragon Ball Universe
Empire
Espionage
Fandom Characters
Final Fantasy Universe
Furries
Gijinka
GM Guided
Hitman
Investigation
Jedi
Kingdom
Kunoichi
Low Fantasy
Magical Boys
Magical Girls
Murder
My Little Pony
Ninja
Nobility
Noir
Novella style
Onna-bugeisha
Orcs
Original Characters
Parody
Police
Post Apocalyptic
Post-Canon
Prison
Royalty
Samurai
Satire
Semi-Sandbox
Shifters
Shinobi
Sith
Soldiers
Soulmates
Spies
Ulzzang
Urban Legend
Utopian
War
Warfare
Warlords
Warriors
Western

Anime
Harry Potter
Pokemon
Naturo Universe
Star Wars

Last edited:
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Heroic Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, Historical Fantasy, Magical Realism
Comments: A few more fantasy based tags as it's one of the most popular genres.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Weird West
Comments: Genre is pretty self explanatory.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Mythopoeia

Overwatch for a sub genre? Not sure if it's popular enough but just wanted to suggest it.
I don't believe it is large enough for a sub-genre nor consistent enough like the ones we currently have which have persisted for a while; like Star Wars has been a big fandom you could say since 1977. Harry Potter (or rather The Wizarding World) is still ongoing since around 1997 and Pokemon since 1996. It could become a tag, but I doubt a sub-genre.

Suggestion Type: Sub-genre
Name of Sub-Genre: Cli-Fi
Comments: Climate-based fiction, e.g. The Day After Tomorrow, Snowpiercer, etc.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Comedy
Comments: For those less than serious roleplays with a more jokey, light-hearted tone. I know this is already a tag, but I think it’s deserving of being a sub genre as well. (Like how Cyperpunk is both a sub genre and tag.)

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Comedy
Comments: For those less than serious roleplays with a more jokey, light-hearted tone. I know this is already a tag, but I think it’s deserving of being a sub genre as well. (Like how Cyperpunk is both a sub genre and tag.)
This is a tag. Also not sure cyberpunk was supposed to be a sub-genre. Will have to check later.

The way we're setting it up, things should probably be either a subgenre or a tag to avoid confusing the system (also confusion in the system). I think comedy will probably work better as a tag, given the way the filters will be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back