Official RpNation Suggestions for Sub-Genres, Dice Systems & Tags

Suggestion: Tag
Name: Fairy Tale
Not sure how much mileage this will get but it might be nice just in case for fairy tale retellings, Disney RPs and the like.
Sorry if this is a bit unprofessional, this is my first suggestion!

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name: Zombies
Comments: It seems kind of weird that there's a Zombies subgenre but not a tag.

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name: Zombies
Comments: It seems kind of weird that there's a Zombies subgenre but not a tag.
That is already a sub-genre ;3 We don't duplicate tags and subgenres.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Yokai

comments: For people who are interested in playing yokai or fighting/befriending yokai.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Yokai

comments: For people who are interested in playing yokai or fighting/befriending yokai.
Yokai is just Japanese for Demons, which we already have as a tag. At least some anime translate it as such, though they are more like spirits.

Well, I have seen Heroes and Villains, Powers, but there is one category of sub genre that is missing.

Vigilantes - referring to antiheroes who take the law into their own hands.

It would also be nice to have the sub genres linked to descriptions. (I only just read this thread and discovered the differences between the semi sandbox, sandbox, etc ..)

Last edited:
Suggestion Type: Sub Genre

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Faction

Comments: I've been looking for a place to roleplay with an organization, military, etc. but can't seem to find any, but I am new, so who knows, maybe I am just making a mistake and missed obvious signs, if so, I deeply apologize

Suggestion type: Sub-Genre
Name of Sub-Genre: Apocalyptic
Comments: This is a pretty big one that I don't think should be limited to dice

Suggestion type: Sub-Genre
Name of Sub-Genre: Apocalyptic
Comments: This is a pretty big one that I don't think should be limited to dice
There is currently Apocalypse as a tag that can be used to define Apocalyptic settings.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre/Tag (?)
Name: Slice of Life
Comments: Just day to day stuff, mostly normal with some interesting spikes every now and then.

(Did I do a good?)

Suggestion type: Tag
Name: Anime
Comments: It would seem the tag Anime Fandom doesn't pop up when trying to type it into the tag section

Well, I have seen Heroes and Villains, Powers, but there is one category of sub genre that is missing.

Vigilantes - referring to antiheroes who take the law into their own hands.

It would also be nice to have the sub genres linked to descriptions. (I only just read this thread and discovered the differences between the semi sandbox, sandbox, etc ..)
Vigilantes has been added as a tag. I'll work on a sub-genre page and see what I can do. :3
Suggestion Type: Sub Genre

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Faction

Comments: I've been looking for a place to roleplay with an organization, military, etc. but can't seem to find any, but I am new, so who knows, maybe I am just making a mistake and missed obvious signs, if so, I deeply apologize
We do have a military tag, but I can go ahead and add a Factions tag as well.
Suggestion type: Tag
Name: Anime
Comments: It would seem the tag Anime Fandom doesn't pop up when trying to type it into the tag section
The way to do anime fandom would be use the Fandom prefix (the banner you see next to a thread) and then select the anime sub-genre. This combination creates the "Anime Fandom".

Vigilantes has been added as a tag. I'll work on a sub-genre page and see what I can do. :3
We do have a military tag, but I can go ahead and add a Factions tag as well.
The way to do anime fandom would be use the Fandom prefix (the banner you see next to a thread) and then select the anime sub-genre. This combination creates the "Anime Fandom".
So I'm trying to create a thread, I have the Fandom banner and checked the Anime sub box but it still will not generate the anime Fandom tag so I just went with Fandom characters. Honestly I don't even know why tags would be necessary to create threads. They don't even show when viewing others' threads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-004958_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-004958_Chrome.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20211023-005007_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-005007_Chrome.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20211023-005027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-005027_Chrome.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Since you already pick Fandom as a prefix and Anime as sub-genre you don't need additional tags for Anime Fandom.

There might be a typo in the list if it's mentioned as a separate tag. Sorry for the confusion!

Since you already pick Fandom as a prefix and Anime as sub-genre you don't need additional tags for Anime Fandom.

There might be a typo in the list if it's mentioned as a separate tag. Sorry for the confusion!
Oh okay, not a problem. I thought I was just doing something wrong 😅
Thanks for the help!

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name: Dragon
Comments: You! Human! ... I can't believe this. An actual human is asking we the Dragons, the superior race to provide for reasons... Grooooorg! ... I'm going to answer but because it please my intense heat. And thus there was a realm where the Fire used to reign above all posibilities and it was Fire the first and last spell to be said. Ooh! It bewild me to the ashoooooooos! But it's fine I guess the times has changed... for goo~hh... We Dragon must be our own sub-genre because we're hot.

Last edited:
Suggestion Type: Dice Systems
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: SW5e
Comments: An adaptation of the D&D 5e system.

What does the "SW" stand for? We have Savage Worlds on the list currently.

Sorry if this was suggested already, but...

Suggestion Type: Sug-grene
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Canon
Comments: There's "AU", but it would be nice to have a canon option, too, so it doesn't seem like we're only looking for AU plots!

Sorry if this was suggested already, but...

Suggestion Type: Sug-grene
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Canon
Comments: There's "AU", but it would be nice to have a canon option, too, so it doesn't seem like we're only looking for AU plots!
Ah I had Canon Characters in place, but not just plain 'ol Canon. I will add it here shortly. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back