Official RpNation Suggestions for Sub-Genres, Dice Systems & Tags

can my hero academia be a tag plz
It already has a tag; bnha which is the short form for the anime title Boku no Hīrō Akademia. ;3

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre/Tag (?)
Name: Heist
Comments: Specific style of crime narrative. Usually an ensemble of experts working together to land a big score.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre/Tag (?)
Name: Hopepunk
Comments: Similar to Grimdark but with a more optimistic outlook on the protagonists' actions.

We'll put these up for consideration. :3

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name of Sub-Genre: Post-Apocalyptic (or Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy) rather than tag

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Mutants

Hello, Know I am new here, and I am sorry if these have been said. However I'd like to suggest the 'futuristic' and 'military' tags. I feel like there are lot of things that are neither star wars or cyberpunk that could fall under those. :)

Hello, Know I am new here, and I am sorry if these have been said. However I'd like to suggest the 'futuristic' and 'military' tags. I feel like there are lot of things that are neither star wars or cyberpunk that could fall under those. :)
Futuristic is already a prefix
Military already exists as a tag. The list of current tags can be found here

I've noticed a lot of fandom posts recently on the recruitment thread with specific tags and I'm not in a mood for fandoms, is it possible to include a feature to exclude specific genre's and tags?

Suggestion Type: Dice System
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: WoD - Wraith: The Oblivion
Comments: got all the others so i thought id suggest the missing link lol

I've noticed a lot of fandom posts recently on the recruitment thread with specific tags and I'm not in a mood for fandoms, is it possible to include a feature to exclude specific genre's and tags?
Unfortunately this feature doesn't support excluding terms, only including them. We keep hoping they'll add exclusions (it would be nice to filter out things!) but so far it hasn't appeared.

Suggestion Type: Dice System
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: WoD - Wraith: The Oblivion
Comments: got all the others so i thought id suggest the missing link lol
Oh, whoa, we left that out? Hmm. I'll see what we can do. Unless we have a bunch of no-prefix Wraith RPs though, it might be better to add a generic WoD, which we also don't have (would be good for crossovers, too).

Unfortunately this feature doesn't support excluding terms, only including them. We keep hoping they'll add exclusions (it would be nice to filter out things!) but so far it hasn't appeared.

Oh, whoa, we left that out? Hmm. I'll see what we can do. Unless we have a bunch of no-prefix Wraith RPs though, it might be better to add a generic WoD, which we also don't have (would be good for crossovers, too).

that sounds like a great idea, considering theres like another 5 or 6 different WoD games hahahah

Type: Tag

Name: Magic

Comments: I mean, you have magic boys, magic girls, but what about SIMPLE MAGIC

Type: Tag

Name: Magic

Comments: I mean, you have magic boys, magic girls, but what about SIMPLE MAGIC
How would this be different from the Fantasy prefix, the Magical (or Supernatural) subgenre, or High Fantasy, Low Fantasy, Mythological, Science Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Witches, or Wizards tags (among others, those are the ones that stand out to me)?

I'm not saying no, but I'd like to know what purpose a "Magic" tag would serve that is not already covered by existing tags, subgenres, and prefixes.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Lighthearted/Tongue-in-cheek
Comments: RPs that aren't supposed to be serious, but aren't comedies

I think we have a “Comedy” tag already from what our list suggests.

Last edited:
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Only Accepting 18+ (Or just "18+", "No minors", or something else similar)
Comments: I've noticed a lot of recruitment threads that explicitly say that they will not rp with people under 18 (especially in the 1x1 section). As a minor, I think it would be nice to be able to filter these out when browsing recruitment threads. If there's worries about it promoting explicit content, then an inverse tag could be made instead (like "Accepting minors" or "All Ages Accepted").

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion! We've been discussing this for a while but currently have no plans to introduce any kind of age-gating tags.

Possibly Survival or something if the RP is about surviving in a weird world or something like that

Suggestion Type: Sub Genre
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Survival
Comments: Possibly Survival or something if the RP is about surviving in a weird world or something like that and it would be if you want to RP about survivng not living in a city or whatever.

Possibly Survival or something if the RP is about surviving in a weird world or something like that

Suggestion Type: Sub Genre
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Survival
Comments: Possibly Survival or something if the RP is about surviving in a weird world or something like that and it would be if you want to RP about survivng not living in a city or whatever.
Survival is already a tag. :3

Suggestion: Tag and Sub Genre
Undertale/Undertale AU
You can select the AU sub-genre, combined with the fandom prefix. :3

I have a Tag Suggestion: Yu Yu Hakusho. It's the best anime ever and it will be easier for fellow fans of the show to find like-minded roleplayers. :)

It would be best if you used the Anime Fandom tag that we already have. 🙂

No worries! We have a lot of tags ^33^

Users who are viewing this thread