Official RpNation Suggestions for Sub-Genres, Dice Systems & Tags

Suggestion Type: Filter Option
Comments: I don't know if this has been suggested, but it would be awesome if there was a way to exclude tags and sub-genres in a search. For example, if I wanted to find action roleplays but didn't want to wade through all the school settings or k-pop rp.

Suggestion Type: Tag
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Solarpunk
Comments: I think that, when it comes to the "punk" genres, they sound a bit too gritty and grim. I want a type of genre that appeals to the song of hope within our hearts. A genre that points to a sci-fi roleplay that uses green and natural energy for a happier and healthier lifestyle instead of the grim steampunk and cyberpunk that appeals more to crime from desperation and polluting technology that shows a feeling of hopelessness.

Name of Tag: Miraculous Ladybug
Comments: I’ve been seeing a lot of tags for fandoms and unfortunately one of my favorites wasn’t in there. The fandom is pretty popular, and there’s a few roleplays and interest checks with it on the site.

Suggestion for a Sub-Genre; Video Games
Kinda peculiar that we've got certain video games listed (like Pokemon) but not the actual platform itself...

Suggestion for a Sub-Genre; Video Games
Kinda peculiar that we've got certain video games listed (like Pokemon) but not the actual platform itself...
It's a tag already. ^33^ "Video Game Fandom"

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Intrigue

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Politics

So many RPs are about politics or court intrigue, I think we need a tag.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Japan OR Feudal Japan

"Foreign" just doesn't cut it sometimes.

THANKS!

Name: Politics/Politcal
Comments: For RPs that are focused on political themes. Was looking and realized there wasn’t a tag like this.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name: Government
Comments: Maybe a companion to the politics tag. If, for instance, someone wanted to create a White House or Parliament RP.
Added those tags.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Reverse Isekai
Finally added it as a tag.

Suggestion Type: Add Dice System
Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
fairly widely played system for playing in a Samurai Clan setting with elements from Game of Thrones
Give me a moment to try and remember how to add this to that particular filter. I will add it though!

Suggestion type: tag
Victorian
Rps that pertain to the Victorian era or aesthetic, to further categorize the flavor of historical rps.
Added and great suggestion.

Suggestion Type: Filter Option
Comments: I don't know if this has been suggested, but it would be awesome if there was a way to exclude tags and sub-genres in a search. For example, if I wanted to find action roleplays but didn't want to wade through all the school settings or k-pop rp.
Unfortunately this is an add-on that a developer created for the forum software we use. All we can do it poke them that as a suggestion and hope they may consider and implement it.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Solarpunk
Comments: I think that, when it comes to the "punk" genres, they sound a bit too gritty and grim. I want a type of genre that appeals to the song of hope within our hearts. A genre that points to a sci-fi roleplay that uses green and natural energy for a happier and healthier lifestyle instead of the grim steampunk and cyberpunk that appeals more to crime from desperation and polluting technology that shows a feeling of hopelessness.
Added. I thought I got all the punk-genres listed, guess I missed that one.

Name of Tag: Miraculous Ladybug
Comments: I’ve been seeing a lot of tags for fandoms and unfortunately one of my favorites wasn’t in there. The fandom is pretty popular, and there’s a few roleplays and interest checks with it on the site.
Added as a tag. I need to catch up on the series >_>;;

Yu-Gi-Oh plz
Added.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Intrigue

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Politics

So many RPs are about politics or court intrigue, I think we need a tag.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Japan OR Feudal Japan

"Foreign" just doesn't cut it sometimes.

THANKS!
Someone earlier suggested political and between politics and political that is the one selected to become a tag.
Intrigue was added as well as Japan since you can use the historical sub-genre for the time period of Feudal Japan.

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Romance
Comments: Honestly surprised this isn't here.

EDIT: nevermind, it's one of the big tags.

type: Tag
name: Joke
comments: For use on non-serious RPs or those with a somewhat silly premise, differs from comedy in that there can be serious comedy rps, whereas this is for RPs that are entirely meant to be non-serious.

name: Meme
comments: Same as above, but suggests that the non-seriousness escalates to the levels of shitpostery rather than just general sillyness

name: Nation-building
comments: shows that nation/civilization building is a major factor in an RP.

name: Slow-paced
Comments: shows that an RP can have turns which last weeks, if not months, and runs at a generally slow pace.

name: Fast-paced
Comments: The inverse of the above.

name: 18+
Comments: for GMs who dislike kids, heartless bastards.

name: God
Comments: Implies the players are gods or somehow working for a god or something like that, I run such an RP so this would be pretty useful.

Type: Tag
Name: Disturbing Content
comments: could be used if the story elements of an RP may be a bit much for some people, useful for Horror RPs.

Name: Lovecraftian
comments: shows that an RP has cosmic horror/lovecraftian elements, or maybe even the presence of cthulhu himself.

Name: Anime
Comments: How has this site lasted so long without this one existing!?

Name: Based
Comments: Implies an RP is based on some previous RP, but we all know it's just a meme that people in my discord server talked me into posting here so please don't make this one okay?

Last edited:
Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: No set roles
Comments: RPs where players can make whatever character they want within the world/setting

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: First come, first served
Comments: RPs where there's a set list of roles, but they're available to the first person to request/post a CS for them

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Application-based
Comments: RPs where people can apply to set roles, and the thread starter will select who plays what when applications close

Just noticed it as a common split between RPs, and thought it might be useful to be able to search for one kind or the other. Names are mostly guesswork, idk if there's more common terms.

What about Renaissance or Pike and Shot?
Pike and Shot might be a bit too specific and very likely not something that would be frequently used. Renaissance is a good suggestion though.

name: Joke
comments: For use on non-serious RPs or those with a somewhat silly premise, differs from comedy in that there can be serious comedy rps, whereas this is for RPs that are entirely meant to be non-serious.

name: Meme
comments: Same as above, but suggests that the non-seriousness escalates to the levels of shitpostery rather than just general sillyness

name: Nation-building
comments: shows that nation/civilization building is a major factor in an RP.

name: Slow-paced
Comments: shows that an RP can have turns which last weeks, if not months, and runs at a generally slow pace.

name: Fast-paced
Comments: The inverse of the above.

name: 18+
Comments: for GMs who dislike kids, heartless bastards.

name: God
Comments: Implies the players are gods or somehow working for a god or something like that, I run such an RP so this would be pretty useful.

Name: Disturbing Content
comments: could be used if the story elements of an RP may be a bit much for some people, useful for Horror RPs.

Name: Lovecraftian
comments: shows that an RP has cosmic horror/lovecraftian elements, or maybe even the presence of cthulhu himself.

Name: Anime
Comments: How has this site lasted so long without this one existing!?

Name: Based
Comments: Implies an RP is based on some previous RP, but we all know it's just a meme that people in my discord server talked me into posting here so please don't make this one okay?
Some of these will be declined, such as joke and meme (also rp threads aren't for shitposting which is what the tags are for). Comedy already covers things of a humorous nature. God is already covered under the Deities tag. Nation-building has its own prefix. 18+ can be potentially interpreted in a way that promotes sexual roleplays (which we don't allow, so this might end up on the indefinite discussion table). Anime is listed as a sub-genre, there was a tag and we removed it since duplication is silly. ;3

That leaves some good ones though like slow-paced, fast-paced, and Lovecraftian.

dice system: Call of Cthulhu 7e
Pretty popular horror system
Oo, good one!

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: No set roles
Comments: RPs where players can make whatever character they want within the world/setting

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: First come, first served
Comments: RPs where there's a set list of roles, but they're available to the first person to request/post a CS for them

Name of Sub-Genre/Tag/Dice Systems: Application-based
Comments: RPs where people can apply to set roles, and the thread starter will select who plays what when applications close

Just noticed it as a common split between RPs, and thought it might be useful to be able to search for one kind or the other. Names are mostly guesswork, idk if there's more common terms.
Tags won't work with a comma* so something like first come, first served won't work out that well. No set roles and application-based will be put under consideration. :3

Last edited:
Tags won't work with a common so something like first come, first served won't work out that well. No set roles and application-based will be put under consideration. :3

It's still readable enough with the comma missed out, I think? It's the only one of the three I've actually seen used word for word, lmao

It's still readable enough with the comma missed out, I think? It's the only one of the three I've actually seen used word for word, lmao
I've still added it to be discussed for consideration. :3

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre/Tag (?)
Name: Heist
Comments: Specific style of crime narrative. Usually an ensemble of experts working together to land a big score.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre/Tag (?)
Name: Hopepunk
Comments: Similar to Grimdark but with a more optimistic outlook on the protagonists' actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back