• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Of Twisted Worlds and Twisted Fates

362c4495988e0681472c12dbcdec8c0e.jpg

Of Twisted Worlds and Twisted Fates

With @9forgotten

Government Record of 2000

Transcript of Public Announcement of Governer Kile

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Today we have a special announcement regarding bill 6654. With the vote of the people, we were able to officially pass it.

No longer will we have to walk the streets in fear. No longer will we have worry about our children's safety and no longer will we have to worry about our own.

Thanks to these special implants, we will now be able to record, track and contain each and every vampire that hunts.

It will be mandatory for each and every home to be searched and for every person to come in and be scanned for the Vampire Mutation.

If you do not carry the Mutation, this will be an easy and quick process.

But to all the vampires listening to us, we will not be quiet and we will fight back. From now on, you are the prey and we the predator.

Thank you.

Reporter 1: Sir?! When should we expect these changes to take place?

Kile: Immediately. We are already having teams put together to start the track. The moment we're finished, the hospitals and clinics will be open for scanning.

Reporter 2: Governor Kile?! Isn't this considered unfair treatment? Shouldn't we find a way to coexist instead of this?

Kile: Do you think they thought that when they killed and took my son? NO. They only wanted blood. That is all they care about! They want us to eat! Nothing more!

No more questions!

Thank you.

362c4495988e0681472c12dbcdec8c0e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"We have plans for you, darling."

A large man in a very expensive suit sat in his large leather chair in front of a cherrywood desk. Everything around him was designed to display beauty but power. His power.

"Yes. I know it doesn't sound very pleasant now but I know things will work out in the end." Standing next to the round, mean looking man, was a simple but elegantly dressed woman. She dark brown hair pulled too tightly into a bun. It made her wrinkles and frown lines look more severe than they were.

"I don't understand. What do you mean arranged?"

The man rubbed his temple and sighed. The woman looked down at the man nervously and lightly coughed.

"It means, dear, that you will be marrying someone of our choosing. Governor Kile's second son to be exact."

"Sam? You want me to marry Sam? Why?"

The man rubbed his temples more, he was annoyed.

"It shouldn't matter why. As your father and the head of this family, if I say you are to marry then so be it."

"Honey, give her chance to understand." The woman told her husband.

"Look, we run a very smooth business and if we connect the two families, it will be flawless. We will have more incoming vampires to sell and trade and we also get an inner look at the government. It's for the good of the family."

Both the mother and the father went silent, waiting for an answer.

"So this is it? Are you just gonna pawn me off like one of those vamps? Is that my value to you?"

The father slammed his hand on the table.

"Enough, Nell. You will do as you're told! Do you understand me?

Nothing.

"Nell, are you listening to me?"

~~

"Nell? Are you even listening?"

Nell snapped her head up from the desk and looked around to clear her vision. Everyone in the class was staring at her, including the teacher.

"Wait?" Nell asked. A few kids in the class giggled and turned to look forward.

"I was asking you a question but it seems like sleeping may be more important to you." The teacher snapped her book shut and folded her arms on her chest.

"Sorry, I had a difficult night." Nell sat up and yawned, acting like she didn't care about the looks she was getting. Her boyfriend from across the room only smiled and shook his head.

"My question is: When was first execution of Harold the Vampire?" The teacher's voice sounded clearly annoyed.

"Sixteen years ago. Right after the bill 6654 was passed. He was the first Vampire leader caught and was used as an example for those who resisted the implants."

The teacher nodded, impressed and finally pleased. Nell laid her head back down and did her best to push out the memory of the conversation she had with her mother and father the other day. It was two days ago and she still hadn't returned home. Instead, she stayed at her boyfriend's house in the spare room and threw away her phone. She didn't tell Jermey about the conversation of the arrange marriage her parents thought she was going to agree to. Not because of fear of him being hurt or worried but because she knew he wouldn't care. They were both the richest in the school and it only made sense that they were together. She had more money than him and had more access to families money than he did of his. So he used her mostly for her money.

Now she was staying at his house. She did like him but he had anger problems. Bad ones.

"Now seniors, I know graduation is around the corner but that doesn't mean you get to slack off. Homework is still due this week and I expect everyone to have it in."

Some of the kids groaned but Nell just turned her head to look out the window she sat next to.

Above her, the bell rang and everyone started grabbing their things. Jeremy walked over to her and took Nell's bag for her.

"You staying the night again?"

"What do you think?" Nell walked passed him and allowed him to follow her out the door.

"Are we going shopping this evening?" The whole time Nell walked, Jeremy did his best to catch up with her through the hall.

"I guess. I need some pants since I didn't pack a lot. I'll get you something too."

Jeremy was satisfied with the answer so he didn't say much more after.

~~

Nell's father pulled up in his limo outside a large factory-like building and stepped out of his car with several men. He wore his nice suit like always that made him look plumper and round. His fingers had several different rings on them, all family heirlooms.

"Lets get this over with. I have things to take care of." The man said as he entered the building.

"Good evening, sir! It's lovely to see you here again! Have you come with a shipment?" A tall and thin man walk with him down a brightly lit hall.

"No. I heard you got a shipment from somewhere else and I wanted to see the product. We need some someone to entertain my daughter."

As they continue to pass under the lights in the nice hallway, it sparkled in the thin man's eyes. Which each glint, his eyes had an almost cat-like gleam.

"Right this way, gentlemen." The man led the way and brought them to a room with a Russian design to it. It had a lot red and gold everywhere but the back of the large room was dark.

Several large chairs were seated in the middle of the room facing the dark part.

"Have a seat."

All the men nodded to each other and waited to see the vampires.

There were no windows at all, not a speck of outside light could ever penetrate the walls that held dozens of the once powerful creature. A sense of dread and defeat hung in the silent air as the smell of fear and rot clouded ones senses. All that could be heard was the sound of chains clanking softly against each other. Not even a vampires enhanced vision could see clearly in the pitch darkness that covered dozens of these creatures. Most were grouped in twos, threes, fours and rarely fives. But no more then that, the captors didn't want their possessions trying to kill each other in desperation. It didn't take much to keep them in order. Just line or make everything with silver and you could control the once powerful species known to humankind. Simple chains around an ankle and neck kept then in order. Some required a bit more attention than others but regardless, they all learned their place eventually. All but one that is.

Alone in a cage by herself sat a "young" vampire. Just sitting, listening, watching and waiting. She was growing impatient and irritated. The shackles that kept her in place were...
itchy and she was dying to rip them all off but there was no way she could manage that. Five chains of the purest silver ran from the wall to both ankles, wrists and around her neck. By the time the heavily locked up vampire ripped through about two of the chains she'd be faced with terrible pain as well as the attention of the captors. So she just chose to sit and wait. None of this was particularly new to her unfortunately but it meant she knew the ropes well. All the habits, secrets, patterns, tricks and schemes in the book. Well, most anyway.

A door at the top of the stairs suddenly opened, light flooding in and momentarily blinding the captured vampires. Several armed men clomped down the stairs and once they hit the bottom, they spread out, going to a couple different cages. Unlocking them, they pulled out select vampires and shoved them forward towards the stairs. Yanking their arms behind them, they held them fast and started up. The remaining ones peered out through the bars and watched as a select 12 were pulled from their confinements.

"Whats going on?"

"Where are you taking us?"

"Why them?"

"Take me! Please!"

"Is there another auction?"

It wasn't long before the clamor grew in volume and soon nearly all were staring against their bonds, begging to be picked. It wasn't an unusual thing. More often than not being sold off somewhere was far better than being kept down here in the cages. Athena however just sat there with almost a bored look as she watched everything that went on around her. "Shut up!" one of the old timers roared and everyone shut their mouths. Disappearing, the door slammed shut and darkness covered the creatures once again. Quiet whispers and grumbles echoed the once silent walls as they conversed amongst each other, wondering what was happening up in the world above.

Upstairs, 12 lucky, or not so lucky, vampires were lined up in front of man dressed nicely. They sensed right away he wasn't one who caved easily if they just bared their fangs. "Here are 6 females and 6 males. They-" "Bring me another batch." the fancy man interrupted. Everyone blinked and Ivan paused before clapping his hands and nodding. "You got it, boys, bring me some others. Mr. Viktor, do you have any particular things you're looking for?" the man in charge asked. The fancy man nodded slowly before speaking. "Bring me some...trouble makers. I love breaking in the feisty ones." he said with a smile.

Ivan nodded and waved his hand, sending off his men with a clap. "You heard the man! Bring out the trouble makers. Oh I know! Bring out
that one. Might be a bit much but let's see anyway." he called in his falsetto voice. Down they went, unhooking and rebooking vampires to the cages as they pulled out a smaller selection. Of course the clamor started up once again and questions about who was up there were being hollered while answers came back just a bit louder over the din. This time only 8 were selected, the either being none other than Athena herself.

Unlocking her cage, 3 stood outside of it and one dared to walk into her cage. "Get up!" he barked. Athena opened her eyes and just looked at the man in front of her. The noise died down as everyones attention shifted to where the loner vampire sat. She remained sitting there, just staring him down for a long moment. The two behind him shifted nervously. Standing up slowly, chains clanking softly as she moved, Athena suddenly shot forward, coming to a haunting stop just inches from the mans face who reeled back, tipping over his foot in surprise. She let out a toothy grin as she smirked at the pathetic human. Laughter ripped among the cages as the watching vampires amused themselves with the funny humans.

"You called?" she asked in a dull tone. The man huffed and stood up, trying to regain some of his authority back but it was clear that had been shaken. "Yes, you're coming with us." a younger guy in the back said. Athena jut nodded and stood still as they unlocked the chains that held her to the wall. That freedom was short lived as they were replaced with shorter chains around her wrists. Athena still did nothing, just allowing herself to be lead up the stairs.

Calmly she went, up the stairs and into the dimly lit room where the fancy buyer sat. "No males." the buyer said. Ivan smiled and waved his hand, motioning for the guards to take the males away, leaving the four females. The other three stood there glaring down at the man while Athena stood there with a blank look a little behind the others. Shaking off their handlers, a couple growled at them to get them to let go and back off. It wasn't like they could go anywhere anyway. "Ladies, don't look so grouchy." Ivan called, moving in front of the girls with a hyper smile. They scowled at him and he made s sound between his teeth as he shook his head. "Now, now. Let's not cause trouble shall we?" he ask, tone still chipper but laced with a warning. "Now! How about these three?" Ivan asked spinning around and motioning to the females.

Viktor just motioned to Athena with a questioning look. Ivan glanced over and nodded "Ah, that one. She's not really up for sale at the moment or at least she'll take some
persuasion. But she's last resort. Please, look these three over as much as you wish." Ivan said gesturing to the three who had resumed their glaring.

"Nell! How was school today? Will you be staying with us again tonight?"

The moment Nell walked into her boyfriend's house, his mother was there on the stairs waiting for them. She wore a black evening gown with a fur coat. Her blonde hair was styled back into a fluffy bun with wild strands to showcase her unnaturally young face. 

Nell stepped in and clasped her hands in front of her and bowed respectfully to Jeremy's mother. 

"Yes Ma'am." Nell kept her head low until she knew his mother wasn't looking. It wasn't that she was scared of the woman but she had to pay respect to her. It was how Nell was brought up. Especially when it was a governor's wife house.  

"It's always a pleasure to have you here darling!" Before Nell could look up, the mother was already grabbing her gloves and heading for the door. 

Nell took a side step and watch the woman pass her and her boyfriend. 

"Ten bucks, she meeting up with that vamp we use to have." Jeremy shut the door behind them and smiled at Nell. 

"Don't be sick." Nell passed him and went straight for the stairs. She had her own room here and for the moment, she just wanted to be alone.

"I'm not being sick. I'm being honest. She's been going out a lot since my father went to Romania for a business trip. She's been coming home with bite marks."

The boy followed closely behind, which annoyed Nell.

"Still sick," Nell replied. 

"True I guess but what they choose to do one their own time is their own business. Just like how we get to choose what we can do on our own alone time."

As Nell made her way to her door, she felt Jeremy grab her wrist. Smoothly, he spun her around and pushed her against the wall. 

"I'm not in the mood." Nell tried to push away but Jeremy instead held her more down and kissed her. 

"Liar." She said between the kiss. 

She couldn't really do anything about this. He was much larger than her and could easily force her. So she played along numbly. 

She allowed him to go through his process. Kiss her, touch her, pull her to a bed and do what he needed. Like always, she was bored and just laid there under him, her head turned so she wouldn't have to look at his weird face. Once he was done, she rolled off of her and was asleep in minutes.

Quickly, she grabbed her clothes and went back to her room. 

There was a bathroom attached to her room, so she took advantage of the alone time and got herself clean from the day. 

After, she put on her shorts and tank top and moved into bed. She was tired but her body was wide awake. 

It was because she was scared of what she would see when she closed her eyes. 

Her long dead brother standing over her bed every night, watching her and whispering to her. 

His red eyes and white skin haunt her. Ever since the first night he visited her and told her what happen, she couldn't believe it and he haunts her dreams. 

She wondered if he was waiting for her in her dreams like he was waiting for her in life. Or in death. 

Viktor looked at the females standing in front of him, just sitting in his seat for a few minutes studying each one closely. Rising to his feet, he walked up in front of each one. His inspection continued a few minutes more, not a sound being made besides an occasionally growl from one of the females, not that the buyer could hear it. Ivan stood off to the side, progressively getting anxious over this guys hesitation. He was known for one of the better sellers around but business was still hard sometimes with rich business men with picky needs and wants. Plus, humans in general were just disgusting creatures and he really hated them but put up with it for the sake of his safety and business. 

Viktor waved his hand finally, dismissing the three in front of him while turning to Athena. Athena just stared right back, not breaking eye contact as she simply stared at the man in front of her. She found his scent to be revolting and it was even worse now that he was right in front of her. Grey eyes bore into his, cold and distant, completely unreadable.

"How much you want for her?" Viktor asked jerking a thumb in Athena's direction. Both Ivan and Athena raised their eyebrows in surprise. "Ah well...she isn't cheap. At minimum she'd be this much." Ivan replied handing over a scrap of paper with a number scrawled on it. Now it was Viktor's turn to raise his eyebrows. "Interesting. Is there anyone else after her?" he inquired. "Yes, we've had several bids on her. This is the highest and currently she is to be shipped off to them in a few days however...." Ivan said writing another number down, a sly smile creeping across his face. 

Speaking in hushed tones now, the pair of them spoke, exchanging numbers and words for several long minutes. Athena found this to be stupid considering she could hear everything they were saying. Did they forget that she was in the room? Did they forget who she was? How rude. 

"You know," she called out. "I think I'd be worth way more than that Ivan. Are you sure you want to get rid of me for just that much? It's hardly much than the other person." she remarked, a faint smirk crossing her mouth. Ivan frowned but nodded, seeing where the girl was coming from and shrugged, looking at Viktor. "You let the prisoner do you talking?" he asked, scoffing. Ivan shrugged and just gave a crafty smile. "She's got a point and she knows her value. Plus she isn't one to be messed with anyway. I'm sure you've heard about the one who kills her owners the second she's got the chance? That's her right here." Ivan stated. "Now, for the price..."

It took thirteen minutes longer for all the transactions to be completed. Athena, at this point, was bored. She wanted something to do. Shaking her arms slightly, she listened to the silver chains clinking together lightly, wondering how long it'd take to rip them off and what were the drawbacks to that. Drawbacks. If it involved silver, that would be the only time you saw Athena actually use her head and consider what would happen next. Sometimes. 

The horrible stench returned and Athena refocused to the buyer in front of her. "Alright! Come with me scum, time to visit your new home." Viktor said taking the lead chain. Looking at it, he stood in thought for a moment before turning to the guards. "Take off the ones around her feet." he commanded. Ivan raised an eyebrow and said nothing, motioning for the guards to do so. If this man wanted to die an early death, so be it. He'd gotten his money. As soon as the chains were off, Athena swung her legs up, knocking out a couple guards before leaping at her buyer. Smirking, a hungry gleam in her eye, she struck out at Viktor simply lashed out with something. Unable to see it, Athena only felt the pain seconds later as she dropped to the floor like a rag doll. 

Hissing in pain, she looked down at her leg to see something logged in her shin. Yanking it out with a growl, she threw the thing right back at the guy who dodged it smoothly. Looking up at the man as he smirked down at her, a challenge clear in his expression, she just thought to herself. This guy wasn't as easy as the others. Maybe he'd provide some entertainment that lasted a bit longer than a couple days. Standing up, she allowed herself to be whisked away by this entertaining man. 

Exciting, Athena instantly saw the car as well as a few of this guys own men. Eyeing it as she got in, she said nothing and ignored the four men that sat around her, all of them with various weapons lined with silver pointing at her. "You know...you'd be dead before you could shoot me but okay, Have it your way." she informed them, crossing her legs with a smirk. "Shut up. Listen here, you will not speak unless spoken too got it? Your job is going to be my daughters entertainment. Misbehave and I won't hesitate to kill you." Viktor snapped. Athena's eyes flashed as she turned her attention to them. Pulling her lips back, she let out a sarcastic laugh, fangs flashing in the low light. "How about you listen up. I'll speak when I want to, got it? I'll do what I'm told to unless I don't feel like it then I might kill you. Try and kill me, I'll kill you first. Silver might kill me, but I'll be sure to take your kid down with me so I wouldn't dare try to touch me. Are we clear?" she answered back in a faintly sassy tone. Viktor glared at her murderously through the rearview mirror but said nothing. Instead, he picked up his phone and texted his daughter, telling her she'd better be home in five or he'd let his men break into where she was staying and force her back home. Anyone interferes, they get shot because yes, she was being tailed by his men. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back