• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Of Treachery and Teaparties

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)

She would later remember the crown prince's racking cough as she took his measurements, the shock in his eyes when he saw the blood on his palm, the crash as he collapsed.

Three days before his coronation as King of Wallachia, Eldrick Aldea, eldest son of Queen Liliana and King Alder, was murdered. He was poisoned. A young servant, who was the last person to handle his meal, admitted to and was executed for the crime. Even so, rumors began within the castle, spoken in hushed whispers and coded messages between staff. Many suspected that Edrick's younger brother was responsible for his death, as he became next in line for the throne. Others thought one of his other siblings were behind the act, or worse, was actively working with another kingdom to sabotage Wallachia. The coronation was postponed while the kingdom mourned for Eldrick and Queen Liliana resumed temporary control of the throne.

Eldrick's betrothed, the princess of Aldissa, and two royals from the Kingdom of Viracia were to attend Eldrick's coronation. As part of a peace treaty between the three kingdoms, the ruler of each nation agreed to have their eldest children marry, both as a sign of trust and to have some power over their allies. When news of Eldrick's death reached the convoys from Aldissa and Viracia, they were already on the outskirts of Wallachia.

Background:

Wallachia is a kingdom of aristocracy. It has the strongest military of the three major kingdoms, but has no allies. The previous King of Wallachia was killed in a war between the major kingdoms, only a month before a peace agreement was made.

Aldissa is a kingdom of agriculture and medicine. It is a young, inexperienced nation that has to rely on others for imported resources.

Viracia is a kingdom of knowledge, known for their vast, ancient libraries, thought to contain records dating as far back as to the dawn of civilization. Viracia is full of scholars and artisans (think the Renaissance), but relies on other, smaller nations with greater military might to protect them.

Roles:
Princess of Aldissa, second eldest [TAKEN], betrothed to Eldrick Louvet the Prince of Wallachia, next in line for the throne (second eldest) [TAKEN]

Princess of Wallachia [TAKEN], betrothed to the Prince of Viracia, next in line to the throne [TAKEN]

Prince of Wallachia [OPEN], betrothed to the eldest Princess of Aldissa, next in line to the throne [TAKEN]

Prince of Wallachia (youngest) [OPEN], betrothed to the Princess of Viracia [TAKEN]

**With enough interest, five roles will open for the royal guards of the Wallachian nobles**

Rules:
The setting is an alternate-reality 18th century.
1. No godmodding, powerplaying, etc
2. One paragraph minimum
3. Reserved roles are held for 48 hours. A finished CS is not required by then, but signs of activity or engaging in the OOC are.

Last edited:
I'm interested, although the way you have the roles formatted has my dumb brain a little confused--who exactly is open?
The second oldest Wallachian Prince, next in line for the throne after Eldrick.

The second eldest Aldissan Princess, betrothed to the Prince.

The eldest Aldissan Princess, next in line for the throne.

The middle Prince of Wallachia, betrothed to the eldest Aldissan Princess.

The youngest Prince of Wallachia.

The second eldest princess of Viracia, betrothed to the youngest Prince.

The eldest Prince of Viracia, next in line for the throne. Betrothed to the middle Princess of Viracia.

The only character taken is the Princess of Wallachia.

Okay, I see now! so many princes and princesses and ahhhh

I'd probably like to go for the Prince of Viracia, then! Or even the princess, because I can definitely pull off someone from a scholarly kingdom...

court intrigue !!! i'm going all in for a princess of aldissa (eldest if that's open) and if it's alright

edit: somehow i misspelt that forgive me

S n o w S n o w I am really sorry for initially saying I would join, but I am deciding to sit this one out. I wish you luck with your role play, though. <3

Just checking in on this.

Also, out of curiosity, are there any sort of real world regions that were inspirations for the three countries, as far as culture/aesthetics go? Wallachia's a real place but as far as I know the other two aren't, so I'm curious if my gut instinct on it being a little Romanian/Slavic is right or not, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back