• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Scales and Flessh | OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I can see the Dragon Lord coming back and witnessing the chaos his disappearance caused.

"Hey guys I'm back with the piz-oh by Heliox, what's going on here!?!"

Yes and no. Unlike Dragon-Shifters who can transform normally, Dragons have to use transformation crystals/runes to change into a human.

Your pirate character can have his rune/crystal somewhere on him, like a necklace or another piece of jewelry. All dragons crystals come in different shapes and colors.

Is that fine with you?

Yup!
I have so many ideas for characters, but the one I want to do most right now is the leviathan.

Im honestly good with either! Though i have a soft spot for the whole knights in shining armor!

A blend of all these could work, fantasy usually nitpicks specific aspects of european cultures

The city has some ancient structures that came from their ancestors who had the help of dragons, with the architecture of the buildings Roman-like. You can still see some ancient homes, buildings, etc. from long ago. As time goes on (into the present), medieval-like buildings are starting to emerge due to the lack of material that was used for the ancient buildings. The Nordic style are used by humans that left the kingdom in general and formed their own tribes.

Also, I think climate would affect things a lot. If the land is very flat vs mountainy, if its warm, etc.

Like for the Greeks, if I remember right it was very uneven terrain. You'd have a hard time getting goods overland and it wasn't a good area to for horses. Farming was also difficult. I think there were a lot of microclimates for growing crops.

Like for the Greeks, if I remember right it was very uneven terrain. You'd have a hard time getting goods overland and it wasn't a good area to for horses. Farming was also difficult. I think there were a lot of microclimates for growing crops.
Ooo. That does seem like a good little plot.

Maybe the more richly areas, like the royal family and nobles, live in prestine areas such as that, as they aren't required to do physical labor like the commoners. They lived in marbled housing and have engraved columns/walls that tells their family history.

The ranks lower than them, like merchants and dragon knights live in medieval styled homes. Nothing too fancy, but studry enough to withstand weather. You know, quality over style. They live closer to the markets and the harbor.

The farmers live in Nordic buildings as its somewhat easier to rearrange and build things since they live on farming grounds. They can move around buildings and fencing, and can change farming areas around when the lands becomes infertile.

I kind of want to make a young shifter who is masquerading as a Sinin, but was sent by their dragon parent to infiltrate the church and to send back as much information as they can. But then over the course of the RP, have them doubt that they're serving the right side.

I have almost finished with the character sheet but I'm still not sure what my character's role in the story is going to be, I was thinking of having him as a support because he can't fully control his abilities yet but hmmm

Last edited:
[edited]
Are dragon riders out of the question for this roleplay?

Last edited:
Hmmm i might end up using a different character, my original idea might not be fit

Is there an overall plot idea (I read about a civil war) as far as getting all the characters together? Or are we thinking it'll be more like several different plotlines happening in different areas with the different characters? Also ill be working on the character sheets today! Oh and one more thing! Im thinking of adding a prince character!

[edited]

My gosh no. Just no. Please if there are dragon riders, I am sooooo out.

Is there an overall plot idea (I read about a civil war) as far as getting all the characters together? Or are we thinking it'll be more like several different plotlines happening in different areas with the different characters?

I've gots subplots in mind for my charries already. Wyrm is gathering allies and Drake is looking to put an end to the war... But if course theres more to their motivations too lol

[edited]

I mean, I can imagine ways for it to be possible. Like if you're a dragon planning to go to war and fight other dragons, maybe you have someone or even a crew of people on you to cast spells at other dragons during combat or perhaps to fire miniture cannons/primitive guns/crossbows if dragons are big enough for that.

(Honestly, I have so many ideas for dragon combat. You could transport and drop soldiers, carry another dragon in human form as a way to surprise your attackers or to sneak past defences, etc.

I feel like it would depend a bit on your character and their comfort + how they view humans. Like maybe some dragons/shifters/fake dragons absolutely abhor the idea of carrying someone, while maybe others don't care. For example, the leviathan character I mentioned would be someone to potentially use the above tactics because he wants to win although he's still not a huge fan of carrying people. That said he might have to ride on someone else's shoulders if he's stuck being in very small dragon form, whereas the possible shifter would probably hate the idea because he's been raised to think that's not dragon-like behavior.)

Also, depending, you could have dragons or dragon shifters charge fees for transporting people across the country, have them pick up spies and such from mission drop off/pick up spots, etc.

So theoretically I think you could find a reason for something like a dragon rider to exists, although I imagine that specific term probably wouldn't be used or seen favorably because dragons arn't horses. I think it could make an interesting point of contention between characters/NPCs as well, looking at the history between dragons and the church.

Is there an overall plot idea (I read about a civil war) as far as getting all the characters together? Or are we thinking it'll be more like several different plotlines happening in different areas with the different characters? Also ill be working on the character sheets today! Oh and one more thing! Im thinking of adding a prince character!
The Civil War is the main plotline, however, they'll character side plotlines for our characters.

I'm currently working on organizing my ideas to share instead of them being a jumbled mess. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back