• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Of Hotels and Hells

Neither Charlie nor Mallory had any clue what he just said, although Mallory understood very little about war speak. Mallory decided to keep quiet and letting him speak, using a wag cloth now to boot and clean his open wound. Charlie, on the other hand, was bursting with questions. “Um...what’s a Marine?” She asked shyly. “We don’t have those down and since I was sorta born here...” She laughed nervously, trailing off as she played with a strand of her hair. She decided it would be best to change the topic.
“Well, your abilities should be instinctual, I think. They were for me at least.” Charlie told him, smiling at a memory of hers. “When I was still a kid, my Dad thought it would be a good idea to scare me. I was turning a corner when my Dad, who was turned into a snake pretended to jump out and bite me. I got so scared I shot him in the side with a bit of fire. He laughed so hard, but my Mom scolded him.” She recounted fondly, laughing a little at the end.
Mallory smirked. “If you could see right through me then you would realize that I’m this close to ripping that head of yours off that misused body.” She told him sweetly, but with an edge. She took a step back to see if there was anything else she could do other than wrapped the wounds and saw nothing. “You might want to give me some space, spider, never know when you might accidentally get poked by a needle.” She told him bitterly. She was furious at herself for getting wrapped up with the likes of him, and then caught staring! Oh, she never thought this would happen to her.

Max had forgotten that she was born here, being the child of the devil himself, so of course she didn't know. He wasn't annoyed with her, infact, in an odd sense, it was fascinating talking to someone who knew so little of his world, it was almost like speaking with an alien, which had been something he had wanted to do as a child before he grew up. He let her continue, as she began to talk about how she learned about her powers. It was strange when she talked about her childhood, it was easy to forget who her father was, just like it was easy to forgot who she was. He smiled again, enjoying the little tale she told him. "I guess that means it'll just come to me at some point then...and basically, about what I said earlier, my job was to fight and kill people, usually because they were doing something bad but sometimes...I don't know, its hard to tell in the heat of the moment. That's probably why I'm here now, I can't think of anything else, unless my problem was just not really believing in religion." he explained, without realizing that he was telling probably the one demon who would need to know why he was there, as long as he was a customer of hers.
Angel gasped. "Misused! Oh please, now that's insulting! I'll have you know I'm very good at using it, far better than anyone else in this dirty cesspit!" he said, now sounding a bit hurt as his pride was stung again. He sat up, letting her finish with Max as he regained his cool, after which he decided to keep pushing his luck. "Oh yeah, its not like I spend my day getting long, hard things put in me anyways." he said with a smirk, as he leaned in again. "Drop these two and I can poke you with something, but I'd say its much too big to call it a needle"

Charlie shook her head sadly. “It had nothing to do with religion, well it sorta does, I guess. You know what, never mind. I’m not too sure how this all work.” She said, quickly realizing her error. Her face flushed with embarrassment. “Are there really jobs that focus around killing people on Earth?” She asked, sounding a bit shocked. She knew that sin was rampant in the world, but she never knew it was that bad. All the more reason to try and rehabilitate as many souls as she could! She turned to see if Mallory has finished, to see her having...some sort of disagreement with Angel Dust. She decided to ignore them and let them solve it themselves.
Mallory stared at him in disgust, disbelieving that he was still trying to sleep with her. “I’ll make this as clear as I can for you. I find your work, absolutely repulsive. I would rather die again, then sleep with someone like you.” She hissed are him, practically fuming. She was very tempted to show him exactly what her poisons could do, but just for Charlie’a sake, stopped herself. “I have no interest in your services.” She spoke more quietly. Somehow, it sounded more dangerous than her normal tone.

Max hesitated, when asked that question. It was more complicated than just, killing for the sake of killing, and it took him a moment to figure out how to explain it. "Well...sorta...I mean there are hitmen and what not, but that is not what I was...i'm sure there are divisions among groups of people here, and up there it isn't any different, and sometimes those got bloody for many different reasons, legitimate or not. My job was officially to defend my people from those would do the harm because of those disagreements, but that really boiled down to being good at killing...sometimes it was self defense, sometimes it was going out and taking them down because they're doing something awful or going to, and sometimes...I didn't really know what it was." He said, sounding unsure as he struggled to give Charlie a simple answer to an incredibly complicated question.
Angel Dust stopped, realizing now that Mallory was not playing a game with him. He put his hands out, realizing that she didn't want any part of him, and said "Fine, Fine I get, suit yourself..." he looked away from her, as he backed away a bit and mumbled something about her being "a prude bitch"

Charlie blinked and thought for a moment, before fidgeting with her hands. That whole idea sounded foolish, but not unlike humans. Of course they would kill because they assumed that what the other side was doing was wrong. Why couldn’t people just talk over their differences, she found that to be much easier. “While I don’t understand why there would be such a thing, I understand now what it is, so thanks.” She told Max. She shook off the feelings of confusion and frustration she just felt and put on a happy face. She still had a hotel to run. “Say, since you’re new here, and probably didn’t see the disaster that was on TV the other day....” she started awkwardly, rubbing an arm as she remembered the whole ordeal. “Do you think redemption is possible?” She blurted.
Something inside Mallory finally snapped and she retracted all four arms. The room became just a few degrees hotter. She took careful steps towards the spider. “Listen here, big shot.” She started. “I tried time and time again to turn you down as easy as I could. It’s people like you who just keep pushing and pushing poor girls to the brink of doing something they don’t want to do. Don’t call me prude when I am simply denying you something that I am allowed to deny!” She was practically shouting. Charlie noticed the heat turn up and looked behind her to see Mallory. “Here we go.” She muttered.

Max arched his eyebrow, at the mention of a disaster on TV. His first thought was one of the only things he even knew about hell at this point, something about an extermination that apparently happened regularly, which Mallory said happened a few days ago. He didn't know what that really had to do anything, but he decided not to ask and just assume it was that, as whatever it was, it seemed to rather awkward for her, considering how nervous it made her. "I mean...yeah, I do..." He began, as he thought about her question. Realistically, he wouldn't know the first thing about that, he hadn't even had a full day here, but if it really didn't depend on religion, then he didn't see why not. "People change all the time, hell, I don't think I'm the exact same person I was even a week ago...so anyone can change. I was told once when I was younger that you never stop growing, no matter how old you get, and I believe that...so like I said, Yeah, I do think its possible...why do you ask?" He said, wondering if maybe that was what she wanted, to get out of here. He certainly wouldn't blame her if that was the case.
Angel took a few steps back, until his pride caught up with him, and stopped himself. He wasn't going to be pushed around by some cheery nurse who thought she was tough shit. "Fuck you, I'm just here for a good time, its people like you who suck the fun out of life and make it miserable. Newsflash, we're in hell you dumb bitch! How about you learn to live a bit! I bet you already wasted the first life you had!" Max stood up, trying to put himself inbetween them, although he hardly could considering how even the shorter of the two still stood over a foot taller than him. "Hey come on guys, is this really worth fighting over?" He said, looking between the two of them quickly. Angel looked down at him and said "How about you mind your own damn business!"

Mallory was fuming. “Yes, we are in hell, and that is a punishment! Living a bit does not mean getting laid or selling off your body for a few quick bucks!” She told Angel Dust, practically shouting up at him. She saw him step back a bit, and felt pleased knowing she had scared him a bit. She was about to yell more before she felt a tug on her tailcoat. She looked down and saw Charlie, looking somewhat exasperated. “Come on, Lory, don’t start now please.” She asked. Mallory sighed, putting two arms back. The room fell back down to its normal temperature. She looked at Angel Dust and there was still fire in those eyes of hers. “If you want to talk to me, like a normal person, you are free to do so. I’ll be staying here for a while too and I suppose it’s improper for us to be fighting the whole time.” She explained calmly, as if the last few seconds never happened. Charlie huffed in relief and held a thumbs up. Now that....whatever that was was settled, she could return to Max. Although she still looked weary from the fight she needed to help break up, she looked enthusiastic. “So you do believe in redemption then? That’s great! This Hotel was built in the hopes to rehabilitate sinners, and send them off on their happy way to Heaven!” She said.

Angel Dust grumbled as he looked away, bitter as ever about what happened. Were it not for Charlie, he would have gladly kept arguing, but this was still her place and she still was letting him stay here for free. On top of that, maybe he felt a little bad about making her look like an utter disgrace on a broadcast that nearly all of hell saw, even if it was incredibly fun in the moment. "Yeah sure, whatever..." Angel said in reply to Mallory, as he avoided eye contact with the wasp demon. As he turned to leave, Mallory could hear him say "I need a drink..."
With the fight broken up, Max let out an awkward exhale in the brief silence that reigned right after, as he leaned against the wall using the uninjured side of his back, letting Charlie take the chair he had been using if he wanted it. He was glad that Charlie was eager to continue the conversation they were having before, it killed the awkward silence that had come in, and he was interested to hear what she had to say. What she did say both surprised and didn't, at the same time, as it still seemed like a long shot to redeem anyone, just because he wasn't sure how many demons would be willing to try, but at the same time, it wasn't out of character for what he had seen so far. "huh...that's awfully kind of you...have you succeeded in rehabilitating anyone yet?" He asked her innocently, entirely unaware of the mockery that was made of her no more than a few days ago.

Charlie opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out. No, she hadn’t. No one wanted to be rehabilitated, that or they didn’t believe it was possible. But there had to be a solution to the overpopulation in hell, it didn’t have to be a genocide every year, she knew it. “I....well no. No one has wanted to try, you’re the first demon I’ve ever met that think’s it might be possible...” she told him quietly, realizing how silly she must seem right now. That stupid reporter was right, she had no proof this could work. But she had to try right?
Mallory watched him leave, with a twinge of...something. She wasn’t sure what it was, but it certainly didn’t feel like victory or pride. Maybe she should....no, leave him alone. The only thing he wanted from her was sex, so she shouldn’t try and seek him out again. He was just a lost cause. She busied herself with putting her equipment away.

Max listened to her thoughtfully, and stayed silent for a moment. It was plain to see that she was unsure of it herself, although he didn't know the whole story, he could guess based on what she said and how she was stuck with just Angel, that everyone else likely ridiculed her or didn't believe her. Admittedly, he was unsure of the idea himself, but he was willing to put faith in her, although that may be just because he was just naive as her. Even if that were the case, better to be a hopeful fool than a hopeless realist. "I won't be only one, you just go to find those who are willing to try, and willing to take their chances with something unproven. History is full of people who took their chances with odds that seemed impossible and history is also full of geniuses who were mocked in their time, only because the people around them didn't believe them, but in both those cases, they all tried anyways, and the world was made better for it...so why should you and I be any different, even if it is unproven and no one else thinks its possible?" Max said, as he gave her a reassuring smile.
Angel made it about halfway down the hall, before he found himself looking back to the door. That Mallory was prude and stuck up, but there was something about her that made him want to go back, and it wasn't just because of lust. It was something else he couldn't quite put a finger on, something he really never felt before. He almost did go back then, but decided against it. As he made his way back into the lounge, the thought occurred to him to offer her a drink, and try getting to her from a different approach, even though he still didn't know why he was doing so. "But what would a dame like that even drink?" He muttered to himself. Surely she wouldn't want something like beer or whisky. The thought of mead, since it was honey based and she seemed to look like a bee to him, crossed his mind, although that could easily just be insulting to her. He ended up figuring that wine was likely the safest choice, and so, he went to the bar, and said "Hey Husk! I need two glasses of Wine, make it quick!"

Charlie smiles, feeling reassured. “Thanks Max.” She rubbed her arm sheepishly. “I guess that makes me feel a bit better of myself, heh.” She said nervously. Perhaps he was right. She’s heard of tales from the world of humans of people who have risked life and limb to prove themselves right. She found it so funny yet endearing that humans always tried their hardest to prove themselves. She was no different, of course, but how far was too far for her? How much rejection and ridicule could she take until she turned, tail tucked, and ran back to her father? No, she could give up now, now that someone believed in what she did. She was too close to proving herself, and now she had more reason to keep going. “If you want to stay here, to test my theory and whatnot, you can have the first week free.” She told him, beaming again.
Mallory cleaned up her equipment just a bit more, but left it on the desk. If this were to be her center of work, it would need a little converting, of course. That could take a few days, at most. It all depended on how much her work was interrupted, by someone else or her thought. She had a habit of pausing what she was doing and just thinking, something she was doing right now without her even knowing. She was thinking of Angel Dust again. She wrinkled her nose, why was she doing that? He was disgusting, that work he did was absolutely vile! She had her own reasons for thinking this way, but she was by no means a prude like her called her. She sighed, wondering what was so interesting to her about Angel Dust.
Meanwhile, at the bar, Husk was just trying to have a drink in peace. He hasn’t heard any shouts from Charlie or anyone else, and decided now was his best shot at uninterrupted drinking. Of course, Angel proved him wrong. “Why the Hell ya need wine?” He asked gruffly, but all the same complying. “I dunno if we even have- oh.” He looked up at his liquor cabinet and found several bottles of it. The radio jackass really did think of everything. He quickly poured it to get Angel Dust out of his fur. “Now get the hell outta here.”

"Oh well that's convenient, since I'm kinda broke..." Max said, giving her a bit of a sheepish smile. Having just arrived in hell, all he had was what he had on him when he died, and due to the nature of what he was doing when he died, he didn't have any sort of identification on him, so no wallet either. That then reminded him that he'd have to find work here, and he figured that it'd have to be work that didn't involve any sort of sin, in hell. That might be a little tricky, but he contented himself with the thought that he'd figure it out, he had always done so in the past. "So how exactly does this whole redemption thing work?" Max then glanced to Mallory, before looking back to Charlie. "also, maybe we ought to give her some time alone..."
Angel smiled, and took the wine quickly, opting not to answer Husk's question and simply saying "Thanks, I ya one later!" Before he went back towards the rooms. Once he was in the hall, Angel Dust let out a deep exhale, as he put on a cool persona again, and went back to the room that he and Mallory had argued bitterly in not five minutes ago. Once he was at it, he knocked on the door and said "Hey, can I come in?", deciding that just barging in again was likely only to piss her off, which was, for a change, not something he wanted to do. He still didn't know why the hell he was doing this, there were plenty of other fish in the sea, and ones that were much more open to fun too. He had already been there and done that, with plenty of boys and girls throughout his time here, and something also felt repetitive with it. Maybe it was because she was different and in a strange sense, something more than the others.

Charlie raised a brow and was about to ask what Max meant, before she caught a glimpse of Mallory out of the corner of her eyes. “Oh, yeah, probably a good idea. Come with me, we can discuss payment and redemption and other business stuff in the lobby.” She told him. She got up and brushed her pants off before leading him out of the room and back into the lobby. On the way, they passed many photos of Charlie’s past, most of them containing the same two people, a man with a sharp white suit and an even sharper smile, and a beautiful woman with a ebony crown and piercing gaze. Once in the lobby, she turned to Max. “Okay, so I have a proposition for you.” She said. She had an idea, and a good one at that.
As Angel walked away, Husk flipped him off, but realized it didn’t matter. Whatever was bugging him had the spider very distracted.
Mallory looked up when she heard the knock, expecting it to be Charlie, only to have it be Angel. She would have threatened him again had it not been the smell of wine pouring into the room. She got up and opened the door for him, he really did have some wine! There was something very odd about this man. Very odd indeed. “You may.” She said suspiciously, before letting him in. She cleared off a chair for him to sit on, might as well return the favor and be polite.

Max followed behind her closely as they made their way to the lobby, his eyes wandering around curiously as he did so. If this was going to be where he was staying, he may as well learn the ins and outs of the hotel. In the hallways, something that really stuck out to him was all the pictures, which while not bizarre in of themselves, as many hotels seemed to be decorated with pictures and paintings, these were clearly Charlie's personal photos, many of them seeming to be family photos, if he had to take a guess. It took a moment for him to register that he was looking at the devil in these photos, the king of hell. He didn't know why he was still expecting the biblical representation of him to be correct, but apparently he had, despite learning rather quickly that human knowledge of what laid beyond their realm was severely lacking. He didn't know who the woman was, aside from being Charlie's mother, although the resemblance was a bit hard to see with how friendly Charlie seemed to be as compared to her mother. One thing that was similar between the two however, was how pretty both of them looked, even if Charlie seemed to over all take more from her father. When Charlie turned to face him, Max blinked a few times, as he was suddenly snapped from his thoughts once again. "Hm?...what is it?" He asked her, cocking his head a bit.
Angel came in, giving her one of the wine glasses as he sat down, his eyes looking her over once again before they once again fell upon her eyes. He struggled to find the right words to say, the only time he had ever really apologized for anything was when he fucked up and messed things up for his pimp, and that was for far different reasons than why he was doing it now. "I...I wanted to make up, for earlier. I think we got off on the wrong foot, I'm not a bad guy, or a lost cause as you put it. I just enjoy having fun a little too much I suppose..." he said, the words feeling awkward even as they came out of his mouth. He took a nervous sip of his wine, unsure about how Mallory was going to respond or really where to even go from here.

She bounced a little, excited about her own plan before she’s even announced it. “How about....you get a job here?” This entire idea didn’t come out of the blue, as many of Charlie’s ideas usually did. A while ago, before the Hotel even opened, she realized that if she was going to keep the place and the guests safe, she was going to need professional guards. Sure, it could be argued that Razzle and Dazzle were just that, but they were her body guards, not the Hotel’s and Alastor was great and all, but he wasn’t trained like Max seemed to be. “This Hotel needs protection. Professional protection. You seem like just thee demon I need. Of course, you don’t have to kill anyone, since we’re also working towards redemption.” She said excitedly, practically in a sing-song voice.
Mallory blinked, somewhat in surprise, and somewhat from confusion. She could tell he was having a hard time finding what to say to her, just for that, she believed him. For someone who had to be smooth for a living, it was rare to find them struggling to find what to say, so Mallory relaxed. “Perhaps I’ve been rude to you,” she started, taking a sip of her own wine, it wasn’t bad. “I just, I guess I have a hard time understanding people like you. I mean no offense by saying that.” She told him. “I apologize too. It was unfair of me to already assume who you were.” She looked back up at him, unsure for one of the first times if she said the right thing. She wasn’t used to this whole apology thing.

Max only needed to think about it for around a second, before he nodded agreement. "Sure, I can absolutely do that" He said to her, a smile growing on his face. This was the best case scenario he could think of, rather than having to learn some mundane job or use his skills and experience for someone who would like have him doing hits and protection racket, he would be working for what probably was the most moral endeavor in the underworld, and on top of that, it'd probably mean he could stay here for free. He knew how the guard business usually worked too, most of the time, he'd just have to look intimidating and on the occasions where more was required, he'd be paying back the kindness Charlie and Mallory showed him, not that the idea of going up against someone who'd come after a clearly innocent place like this bothered him in the slightest. "When do I get to meet the rest of the staff then?"
Angel leaned back in his seat, once things started to smooth out and Mallory forgave him for how he acted earlier while also apologizing in kind. "No worries, I have a hard time understand people like you too...er, no offense." Angel gave a halfway sheepish smile, after catching himself again, although he once again went back to his cool and smooth self. "So you're a doctor then? " He asked, as he glanced over to all her supplies and tools left on the table, before he looked back to her. "What you did with that guy back there looked like professional work, and not the underground type of shit that the mafia did when they couldn't bring a guy to a hospital, or like the kind of thing you normally see down here..."

“Yay!!” She pumped her fist in the air in victory. Soon enough, her cheeks would start hurting from all the smiling she’s been doing. “I’m so glad you’ve accepted, you won’t regret this I promise!” She told him. She’s never met a demon so willing to help her in her endeavors. Max must be cut from a rare clothe, she thought. “The other staff, oh, you can meet them right now!” She said, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the bar area. “This is Husk!” She said to him. Husk looked up unamused. He looked Max up and down and raised an eyebrow, not looking impressed. “Who are you supposed to be, some sort of extreme Boy Scout or somethin’?” He taunted, taking a gulp of alcohol.
Mallory laughed loudly, she didn’t take offense at all. She thought it was endearing how hard Angel tried to keep his cool, and he found it interesting that she was able to break that if she tried. To be fair, he seemed to be able to do the same to her. She got serious though at his question and nodded her head. “I was a nurse in life, although I seemed to have more experience than some of the doctors I worked with.” She explained. She wasn’t allowed to become a doctor, universities never accepted her if she asked to study as a doctor, only as a nurse. She looked up when he mentioned the mafia. Was he involved with them. “So, did you do anything before...” she gestured at Angel. “This?” It wasn’t meant as an insult.

Max was not immediately prepared for Charlie to suddenly pull him by the hand like she did, but a good reaction time learned over the years back when he was alive helped him avoid stumbling or even falling. She brought him first to what must have been the bartender, who she introduced as Husk. The feline demon seemed rather annoyed with being interrupted, although he could just have a resting bitch face, it was hard for Max to tell at first glance. When he was taunted, Max simply smirked and chuckled softly, being well accustomed to taking jokes. "Yeah something like that, and also the new guard for this place, what are you supposed to be, some sort of house cat on steroids?" He said, responding to his taunt with another taunt.
"Yeah I could see that, you worked pretty quick, a lot quicker than a lot of the schmucks I saw" he said, before perking up at her question. "Of course I did, back when I was alive, I was apart of Italian Mafia in New York, born into the family and everything." He smirked, as he remembered those years fondly. "I started so much shit back then, the kind of trouble I start nowadays is nothing compared to what I did back then...but I think I have more fun now, I mean, that's all of what my job is now!" He said, entirely unaware if she would look kindly or harshly on what he did in life, although he assumed she wouldn't care, this was hell afterall. No one was innocent.

Husk growled lowly, showing his yellow fangs and flattening his large ears. “You better watch that mouth of yours around here, kid. Say shit like that to the wrong demon, and you’ll be dead.” He told him lowly, leaning forward in his chair. Charlie intervened again, shoving herself in between the two. “Great, you’ve met each other, that’s one step closer to us all being friends!” She said cheerily with another round of jazz hands in an attempt to deescalate the situation. Husk flopped back in his chair again. “Fine what ever, but I ain’t holdin’ back next time.” He mumbled, taking another swig. Charlie grabbed Max’s hand again. “We should probably leave, I can’t really afford for Husk to leave, for my sake and his.” She told him quietly as she dragged him out of the room.
Mallory nodded in understanding. It made sense now, why he did all of this. It was most likely the only thing he’s known. She was familiar with gangs and all, being from Chicago in the time where Prohibition was law but speakeasies were king. She herself frequented one. “I understand. That’s why you’re down here then, I suppose. I’m sure that you’ve already guessed it but I’m here because, well, not all my patients died of medical incidents.”

Max stopped as his smirk faded away. He wasn't particularly intimidated by Husk, especially considering that he had already gotten into a tussle with a not too dissimilar demon. However, he didn't want to get into a fight with his co-workers, not only for the sake of his job, but because he'd also feel terrible if he messed things up for Charlie. So when she grabbed his hand, he simply followed her without protest, before he sheepishly smiled at her and say "Uh sorry about that...I'm used to people who are little more thick skinned I suppose..."
Angel Dust arched an eyebrow. "Actually I didn't even think about that...so...are you telling me you just murdered your patients?" He asked, sounding a bit surprised. He didn't think any less of her for it, hell he had done just as bad, if not worse, and now that he thought about, it didn't even seem all that far fetched for her to do that. He had already seen her bad side, and she had shown just exactly how harsh she could be when provoked, and apparently how strong her opinions were when it came to people's lifestyles. She would also have the best chance to kill like that, and she had threatened him with a needle already as well. Admittedly, in a strange sense, the thought of her being some psychotic killer made her far more interesting to him too, like how playing with fire or something else that was deadly was always far more fascinating than playing with something perfectly safe.

Last edited:
“Don’t worry about it, that’s just what Husk is like. He probably wouldn’t actually try to start a fight.” Charlie told him with a shrug. Husk has barely been here and he’s already caused several verbal fights, namely with Vaggie and attempting to start one or two with Alastor but never succeeding. Speaking of Alastor....where was he? Oh dear, this could be bad. She hasn’t seen him all day, and it was relatively quiet compared to how it usually was with him around. “Hey, Max? I need to...see if I can find a coworker. I’ll be right back I promise.” She told him quickly, sounding suddenly quite frantic, before hurrying away. She turned around and called, “And stay there, please! I’ll just be a second!!” Before disappearing from view. Please let him stay there near the door, she pleaded in her head, in case Alastor decided he was easy prey or whatever went on in his messed up head.
Mallory smiles. “Don’t sound so shocked, we’re all down here for a reason.” She said. She ran a finger around the rim of her glass, she could tell that his interest has peaked, might as well tell him the whole story, right? “Yes, I murdered my patients, but not with a knife or anything. I always found that so barbaric.” She explained, looking back up at him coolly. Somehow, she felt comfortable telling him this and she tried he hardest in her life to keep it to herself. “I used poison, or a shot of air into the bloodstream if I thought poison was too risky.” She recalled nearly being caught by a fellow nurse when she used poison once. She was actually put on trial, but there was enough h evidence to convict. After that, she stopped being to risky although she was always drawn to the danger like a moth to a flames. Maybe that was why she had a strange interest in Angel, he was dangerous.

"Uh...okay...." Max said awkwardly as Charlie suddenly grew panicked, and ran away. He opened his mouth to ask something when she turned back around, but hardly even got the chance to ask if he should be worried before she was off again, leaving him alone near the door. "I wonder what that's about..." he muttered to himself, as he waited around the door more than a little awkwardly, and perhaps a little anxious about what was going on. He quickly decided to entertain himself by looking around the immediate area he was in by the door, out of curiosity, although it was much harder to entertain himself and take his mind off waiting when Charlie had just run off like that.
Angel cocked his head a bit, as he said "Any particular method you used to figure out who you were going to kill, or was it just like a coin flip?" He had done his fair share of killing, and while they was usually always a purpose behind it, although Angel never got to choose what the goal was, that was up to the boss, there were plenty of times he didn't need to but still choose to. He didn't exactly find pleasure in just killing, although the thrill of fighting was a different matter, but the idea never bothered him and he would gladly do it if it meant getting back to what he enjoyed doing. He took another sip of his wine, being careful not to just down it all in one go.

As Charlie went up the stairs look every which way for her extremely dangerous business partner, aloud static noise filled the space around Max. It louder and louder, until suddenly it stopped. “My, my what do we have here?” A cheery, old timey voice called from behind him. Shadowed hands grabbed his shoulders as the voice’s owner appeared in front of him. It was a rather tall, dapper looking man, wearing nothing but blacks and reds. His smile never left his face, it was unnerving and he knew it. “Could you possibly be a patron of this fine establishment?” He asked, his voice filled with static.
Mallory nodded her head. “As a nurse, one of my jobs was checking the background of patients who were unable to communicate with us. I selected my patients based on what they’ve done in their lives.” She explained as if it was one of the most mundane parts of her life. If her patient showed that they were unable to care about their life, through attempted suicides, drug abuse, or alcohol abuse, she killed them. What’s the use of living if you’re going to just throw it away like that was her philosophy. “So you were in the mafia? What was it like in it? Did you feel happy? Or were you there because of your family?” She wondered if she was getting to personal and became a bit uneasy.

Max found himself looking around in confusion, as the sound of static filled the room, like someone had flipped on a radio and left it on a frequency that no one broadcasted on, and it was growing loudly, despite no apparent source being near by. He nearly froze when a voice sounded out from behind him, it had been a while since he had been snuck up on, his senses having long since been fine tuned due to the cost of not noticing when something was amiss death or dismemberment. It didn't help settle him that the voice sounded incredibly bizarre to him, like something he would've expected on some documentary about the roaring 20s. He started to turn when suddenly a demon appeared before him, although it still felt like there was someone grabbing at his shoulders, giving him the feeling of being boxed in. He slowly looked up, right into the wide, devilish smile the demon wore, with rows of razor sharp teeth. Something in him urged him to back away, and he didn't know if it was his own willpower making him stay in place or the feeling of something else behind him. He stared dumbly at the demon for a few seconds, before what he asked finally clicked with Max. "Uh Yes...sorta...Charlie also hired me, since I couldn't exactly pay for a room...who are you?"
Angel nodded, silently wondering if she would've killed him, had he ever had the misfortune of being in a situation where he needed to be in her care. He shook away the thought quickly though, especially once she asked him about his life. "Ehh Yes and No...you see, It was great feeling like I was a part of something and being able to live outside of the rules of society, but the Family had their own rules, and if you broke them..." Angel ran his thumb across his neck dramatically, before letting his head fall to side as he mimicked the face of someone who had just died., before he sat back up again. He then grew silent, as he pondered the last part of her question. He had never had a choice, from day one, his fate was sealed, since you don't just get to walk away from the family. More often than not, you don't leave until you die, and thinking about it pissed him off. He hated not having a hand in his fate, even if he was going to waste his life away, he wanted it to be his choice and his choice alone. For once, his cool look faded away as he fell into a scowl. "Yeah, I was there because of my Family...I never got a choice in the matter..."

The demon in front of him forcefully grabbed and shook his hand. “Alastor’s the name, what a pleasure to meet a fellow co-worker!” He said loudly. He snapped his fingers and the shadow returned to his side, giving Max a wide glowing smile before disappearing into the floor behind Alastor. “I feel as though we will be seeing a lot of each other then! Now tell me, why were you employed here?” He asked, summoning a cane that resembled a microphone. He didn’t mean for it to sound interrogative, nor rude, perhaps he just wanted to know for the hell of it. He did like seeing the new ones squirm.
Mallory resisted the urge to laugh at the gestures he had made, he didn’t seem to be trying to be funny. She felt a twinge of worry when his usually cool expression slipped from his face. Without even using her extra sensory she could tell there was trauma behind his last statement. She wanted to console him, so something, but she held back. Mallory barely knew this spider she couldn’t do that, this was hell! “I’m terribly sorry to hear that.” She said quietly. She finished off her wine and set her glass on the table, opting to fold her hands in her lap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back