• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Of Devils, Monsters, and Men

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Yourdarkpriest

Herald Of The Dark
The day was early and already warm rain was drizzling down from the sky, Mikili rose her rugged hand to shield her eyes as she hollered for the children to come in and out of the rain. She doubted it would hurt them, doubted it would even last long as the sun still shown through the clouds like rays of hope from Eldath. Surely this was a blessing for their little stone's first real journey. The stocky old woman sighed and breathed a prayer for good luck, after Nelly's fiasco she would need it. As it happened though, Eldath had foreseen her prayers and had already set the events needed in motion. So maybe luck was the wrong prayer, thanks was granted instead, whole heartily.

As children came in from the rain old Waterford turned to follow them into the halls of Eldath's church, a small thing used to care for orphans, and pray for good harvest in the small town of Sanctuary. But today it would have a much grander joy, the first signs of fruit in little Petronella's life. The woman smiled while moving on the back where Nelly, her father, and her father's friend all waited. She personally didn't trust the flirtatious, sell sword, vagabond. But if Nelly's father vouched for the man, then she would have faith, and besides, Haven had decided to part with a fine young Paladin to help on the road and lead their little stone to triumph. All that was left was for him to arrive, and get the source for the journey ready.

"Maiya! Its almost time, hurry on down, and make sure you have everything you need packed! Its impolite to make your companions wait!"

Her voice carried up the stairs with startling strength and clarity for her advanced years, a true sign of her having sung the hymn's of the Gods daily and living an active and healthy lifestyle based around the Gods, family, and hearth.

[class=circle] height:32px; width:34px; border:4px double black; border-radius:50%; padding:8px; font-size:78%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=stripe] border-top:4px solid black; border-bottom:4px solid black; border-right:5px solid black; border-radius:25px; width:55%; color:black; display:inline-block; font-size: 80%; [/class] [class=outter] border:14px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; [/class] [class=background] background-image:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/draconfell/images/7/7b/Battlefield-War-Zone-Fantasy-Art-Wallpaper.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150705152341'); background-size:cover; [/class] [class=story] text-align:center; background-image:url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Pergament.0.jpg'); background-size:100%; color:black; overflow:hidden; border:8px double black; [/class] [class=top] background-color:black; color:white; border:2px solid black; [/class] [class=emblem] width:12%; float:left; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=pic] border:10px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; width:85%; position:relative; left:50px; [/class] [class=text] background-color:rgba(218, 249, 214, 0.75); color:blue; font-size:110%; [/class] [class=stripe2] border-top:4px solid black; border-bottom:4px solid black; border-radius:25px; width:80%; color:black; display:inline-block; font-size: 80%; [/class] [class=emblem2] width:40%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=pic2] border:10px solid; border-image:url('https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bf76fcad-9265-469c-aa0c-def9a8fb492e/dl9zpr-1140423b-f255-40d8-b03d-3ef347987d96.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmNzZmY2FkLTkyNjUtNDY5Yy1hYTBjLWRlZjlhOGZiNDkyZVwvZGw5enByLTExNDA0MjNiLWYyNTUtNDBkOC1iMDNkLTNlZjM0Nzk4N2Q5Ni5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.KCfDJHLrkU54JNEw7Y7f0iTJzNnFptHIfkl3Met5IDY') 40 round; width:85%; [/class] [class=top2] background-image:url('https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bf76fcad-9265-469c-aa0c-def9a8fb492e/dl9zpr-1140423b-f255-40d8-b03d-3ef347987d96.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmNzZmY2FkLTkyNjUtNDY5Yy1hYTBjLWRlZjlhOGZiNDkyZVwvZGw5enByLTExNDA0MjNiLWYyNTUtNDBkOC1iMDNkLTNlZjM0Nzk4N2Q5Ni5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.KCfDJHLrkU54JNEw7Y7f0iTJzNnFptHIfkl3Met5IDY'); background-size:100%; color:gold; border:2px solid black; text-align:center; border-bottom:5px dashed lightgreen; border-radius:14px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 650px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

• [div class=outter][div class=top][div class=emblem]token_1 (1).png[/div]
    Hir Silversap

Changeling, Lvl 3 Paladin (/ XP)[/div][div class=background]

[div class=story][div class=scroll]
    I
    raised my hand slightly, an open palm facing the ground as I felt the flow of the divine magic coursing through my body like clean water through the sewers, and spread looking for more of its kin, or its enemy. Faint musical sounds, like those of a bell clapper ringing above a church from a distance to announce the arrival of midday. Less than I would have expected, but then again that's a small town church for you.

*Divine Sense: The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the Hallow spell.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

Uses remaining: (4/5)

Truth be told, it wasn't my first time here. It hadn't particularly changed that much from my last visit. Old Goldenforge seemed rather proud of his little one, watching her perform her duties as a member of clergy despite how unexpected it was. I chuckled a bit behind my armor, as I recalled the reactions of some dwarves who believed I was some kind of great noble with how expensive-looking my armor was.

"Took a minute or two to convince them, haha." I fought off the sense of nostalgia but found that fingers had been drawn to the chest of my armor so tenderly crafted and repaired, and what they would do if they knew what happened to it, how they might react. Entering the church only became a less tempeting idea by the second.

I looked over my shoulder, spotting Boo on the bench where I left her. Noboy seem to pay any mind to her, but I had been in many places, and even in this town, I couldn't help but to worry. Her gaze met mine and she raised an arm, then the hand and shook it lightly side to side in a wave. I waved back, and left her to play with her legs by swinging them back and forth when nobody was in the way. I waved to her again, signaling for the girl to come running, and I ruffled her hair as she got next to me. I wasn't about to let her out of my sight for even a second, even if I had to make Goldenforge wait a bit. Well, he probably would understand, he had a daughter himself. Not to mention, I was called here personally.

A little over a week ago, I'd passed by a fortress a former subordinate of mine was currently in charge of. Gener was his name. During our service together he was always a rather loyal and energetic little pipsqueak, the kind of guy who'd eagerly listen to the boasting of our comrades and take every word to heart, be it in chatter around a campfire or among drunks in a tavern. I was resting in the inn, pondering on whether to pay him a visit, when someone announced that I myself had a visitor, and what a coincidence, it was him. We embraced and fist bumped like in the good old days, then he told me about a message that had reached the fortress, a call for me to go that forge where I sought redemption so many years ago. I departed the very next morning, receiving some food for the way there from Gener.

Boo wasn't quite ready for travelling on a mount yet, so we weren't travelling by horse. If they sent out for a paladin, I could only imagine whatever business they had involve some measure of "less than friendly" relations, but since they went out of their way to call for me specifically I hoped that it wasn't such an urgent business, and that I could take my time getting there. Halfway through a merchant even decided to give us a ride, in return for protection on the way. The land was dry but starting to flourish again in many places. Even when a particular place wasn't at war, it's effects could always be seen. Effects like bandits, starved escapees from destroyed villages, or soldiers that deserted the battle. I gladly accepted the offer.

I pushed open the church doors, carefully not to fling them, with Boo holding on to one of my legs, and scouted my surroundings for any familiar faces that might already be found in the orphanage portion.

"Goldenforge, are you in here?" I inquired, hoping to either get a response from or from someone who would lead me to him.
    [/div][/div]

[div class=pic]
    tumblr_pj43cyUCNv1vj4j1yo1_1280.jpg
    [/div]
    [/div][/div]
Spells Shown
Cantrips:
N/A

First Level:
Unknown

Items Shown
Equipped:
*Shining Full Plate Armor- (16 AC)
*Longsword (1d8 slashing, Versatile (1d10) )
*Shield (Normal + 2 AC)
*Spear (1d6, thrown, versatile (1d8))
*Red Half-Cape
*Backpack

Currency:
Unknown

Carrying:
Unknown

ZCbyyHk.jpg

Poking To Interact: N/A
Poking To Mention: JennaBenna JennaBenna
Pokings To Also Read: Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest Vanira Vanira welian welian Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing

Makatza Oota

HP: 21/21
Sitting just outside of the Tavern was a small, hooded woman. The smell of ale that came from inside was a welcomed nostalgic feeling. Oh, how she missed those days. Makatza ran a thin hand over the pages of her book. The outside of the book look pristine and kept in good condition while the inside had pages that looked worn, scribbles everywhere. A nightmare to read for anyone, but Makatza grew used to the writing. The book’s unnatural coldness, not so much. She flipped to the last page that had writing in it and read over the lines for the one millionth time. Makatza had followed the directions and here she was.

Snapping the book shut, her eyes looked over at the Church in the… could this even be considered a town? Sanctuary, ha! Like anyone would be safe in a place with no...anything. Makatza thought to herself as she placed the book back into her bag for the time being before flexing the coldness out of her fingertips. Standing back up onto her feet, Makatza pulled the hood off of her head. Eyes still never leaving the sight of the Church. It was show time.

Before she could even take a step towards the Church, she spotted someone. A Familiar set of armour. Could it be? No, it could not be him. He did not have a child. Makatza was unsure and needed a closer look.

The focused, cold look in Makatza’s eyes turned into that which could best described as confusion. Her shoulders hunched, and she held an embarrassed grin as she made her way towards the Church. “Oh, um. Excuse me.” She spoke shyly as she made her way up the steps behind the man and child. “I am so sorry. I happened to get lost. I was just travelling and my map got all wet and ruined and…,” she rubbed her neck. “I’m sort of lost.”

Maiya was quiet, moving through the kitchen. The jar of great prizes was unguarded. Her pack open before her she snagged the jar and up ended it into her bag. Watching the valuable disks of gold fall into her pack she grinned. Most were the size of her hand spread open. Just as she went to replace the jar back the old lady bellowed for her. Maiya jumped, startled by the sudden burst of noise and the jar fell to the floor shattering. Quickly and with trained steps she flew out of the side window and down the alley as she knew the old woman would be flying inside.

As she came into the main street she spotted a small bench across the street. Quietly she snuck over to the bench plopping down with a bright smile. She reached in and grabbed one of the cookies she had just snatched and began munching.

Last edited:
57eefc5b4a492b27744286c1e4e5db07.jpg
Patronella "Nelly" Goldenforge - Hill Dwarf - Life Cleric - Lvl 3
The nervous energy clung to her like a coat three sizes too small. The impending adventure ahead would have been somewhat exciting for any young dwarf but it was quite the opposite for her. Nelly had a hard time sleeping between her older sister and brother who forced her to lay with them. They were attempting to comfort her surely but it did nothing to ease the restrictive grasp of the anxiety that gripped her chest. In the morning, she was nothing but disoriented and hot from the other bodies that clung to her. She moved from the bed while the two still slept unperturbed by her movement. It was time to pray to Eldath for guidance and peace. She would pray extra hard today of all days. But with the looming sun inching towards the sky, she knew she needed to prepare to leave the only home she ever known and not look back.

At the church, Nelly stood next to her father who insisted he would be there to bid her a farewell. Of course, he did seeing as she was his youngest. She was a shaking ball of anticipation by the time she made it into the dry, familiar place. The silent, echoing halls of the serene church could almost pick up the sound of her quaking in her special made armor. They had picked up a gentleman on the way to the church who followed them there. It was odd to her but in the end, her father often had to deal with matters outside the shop with unknown and sometimes shady characters. And this one looked shady. Growing up in a small clan of other dwarves made the girl somewhat skittish around people who were not of her kind. Of course, her heart was always open to those who accepted the love of Eldath as she did. But the purpose of this adventure was to open her heart further and give a valuable experience that would help her. By the time they reached their destination, Nelly had convinced herself that the human who followed them was also a believer in the Green Goddess and it put her at ease. She looked at him now, her curious stare baring down at him while her fingers clasped together. He was darker than she noticed at her initial glance outside. He sported a chestnut-colored beard and mustache but not to the magnitude her father had. He was older too but she wasn't positive how much older since humans were rather known for short life spans. She felt that maybe she has spotted him once before but she couldn't make the connection. And her father, known as merely Goldenforge, didn't introduce them or anything. She moved her gaze to the floor again and took a step away from the duo. She was never good at speaking to people. She wanted the skill her father had at making friends and maintaining them but she often muddled it up with her anxiety. There is nothing wrong with a simple greeting, was there? Or was it too weird now that she waited this long to say something? She bit down on the inside of her cheek before she mustered the courage to say anything. She opened her mouth but instead of her soft rasp of a voice, a deep, familiar voice echoed down the hall. She blinked as her head snapped forward towards the entryway of the church. It was a masculine voice and clink of metal that summoned an image of the full suit of armor that sat in the mudroom of her father's forge. She couldn't put her finger on why it sounded familiar but the voice called for her father so it only made sense to her that it was somewhat recognizable. She had been with the church for years now but she worked at the forge for far longer. Her breath caught in her throat as she awaited the new arrival to their growing party.

Churches sucked. Everyone sucked. Salvador hung his head, so that his shaggy hair might shade his eyes. It was hopeless though, anyone standing close enough would be able to smell last night’s liquor. He stumbled a bit, but caught himself. If anyone asked, he’d say he was mesmerized by the beauty of this monument to man’s innate desire to be scammed lay with a giant woman worship the natural and metaphysical beauties of the world.

Goldenforge, I’m going to kill you one day. Salvador mouthed his empty threat at the back of the smith’s head. That dwarf was the only reason Sal still had his scimitars, and therefore his head, his entrails, his money, and his member. You know, all the important things. Thus, a debt was owed.

Sal rubbed his eyes, praying in his own way that his misery might end soon. Some asshole was standing around, a knight in shining armor with a child by his side. Gods above, the reflection alone was enough to make him want to reach for another beer. Didn’t that bastard know that churches were supposed to be a place of modesty and humble gratitude?

“Dork,” Sal grunted.

Last edited:
A old and greying Dwarf smiled under his beard with pride at his youngest, she was really starting to come into her own. Another eighty or so years and she would be all grown up. He was practically glowing. He was also terrified for her, so young, so ill prepared, leaving the nest for a wide world still recovering from ruin. A war she didn't even remember, horrors she couldn't know, couldn't understand, wouldn't be ready for. In earnest, if his back would let him would have been charging out the doors of the church with her, hammer in hand. But instead he would need to depend on his no good lay about of a friend, and a dear and respected kid who had managed to turn his life around. One hoped the boy could turn around the drunkered around next.

"HIR! You li'lle scamp, took you long 'nough to get yer' but her' boy!" He called out to the boy with a grin plastered over his face, the boy really had grown up! It was shame it happened so quick, he would truly like to know Silversap for another hundred years or so. World could use more men like him.

He have his drunken friend a shove forward, "Hir, meet thu new boy! Heerol Salvadora! He's a low one, like ye usst to be. Beat'm right, ya? Both of ye r'gonna take care of my li'lle Pebble, and sum lost beastlin'."

Between the two forming groups the old care taker heard a loud noise from the kitchen, a jar hit the floor! If it was broken she would tan hides! Her feet carried her right off, unaware of her newest charge slipping outside with he jar's contents. She would be leaving the meeting, but just for a short jaunt. Surely they could handle that.

[class=circle] height:32px; width:34px; border:4px double black; border-radius:50%; padding:8px; font-size:78%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=stripe] border-top:4px solid black; border-bottom:4px solid black; border-right:5px solid black; border-radius:25px; width:55%; color:black; display:inline-block; font-size: 80%; [/class] [class=outter] border:14px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; [/class] [class=background] background-image:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/draconfell/images/7/7b/Battlefield-War-Zone-Fantasy-Art-Wallpaper.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150705152341'); background-size:cover; [/class] [class=story] text-align:center; background-image:url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Pergament.0.jpg'); background-size:100%; color:black; overflow:hidden; border:8px double black; [/class] [class=top] background-color:black; color:white; border:2px solid black; [/class] [class=emblem] width:12%; float:left; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=pic] border:10px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; width:85%; position:relative; left:50px; [/class] [class=text] background-color:rgba(218, 249, 214, 0.75); color:blue; font-size:110%; [/class] [class=stripe2] border-top:4px solid black; border-bottom:4px solid black; border-radius:25px; width:80%; color:black; display:inline-block; font-size: 80%; [/class] [class=emblem2] width:40%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=pic2] border:10px solid; border-image:url('https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bf76fcad-9265-469c-aa0c-def9a8fb492e/dl9zpr-1140423b-f255-40d8-b03d-3ef347987d96.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmNzZmY2FkLTkyNjUtNDY5Yy1hYTBjLWRlZjlhOGZiNDkyZVwvZGw5enByLTExNDA0MjNiLWYyNTUtNDBkOC1iMDNkLTNlZjM0Nzk4N2Q5Ni5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.KCfDJHLrkU54JNEw7Y7f0iTJzNnFptHIfkl3Met5IDY') 40 round; width:85%; [/class] [class=top2] background-image:url('https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bf76fcad-9265-469c-aa0c-def9a8fb492e/dl9zpr-1140423b-f255-40d8-b03d-3ef347987d96.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmNzZmY2FkLTkyNjUtNDY5Yy1hYTBjLWRlZjlhOGZiNDkyZVwvZGw5enByLTExNDA0MjNiLWYyNTUtNDBkOC1iMDNkLTNlZjM0Nzk4N2Q5Ni5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.KCfDJHLrkU54JNEw7Y7f0iTJzNnFptHIfkl3Met5IDY'); background-size:100%; color:gold; border:2px solid black; text-align:center; border-bottom:5px dashed lightgreen; border-radius:14px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 650px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

• [div class=outter][div class=top][div class=emblem]
    token_1-1-png.640971
    [/div]
    Hir Silversap

B
    oo rubbed her cheek against my armor, pulling herself closer to my leg while shooting disdainful glances at our surroundings. We were somewhere that was something between a hall and a room covered in wood from end to end. It was surprisingly clean given all the children running around, picking their noses and dropping things, but it still couldn't escape having a number of cracks and splinters here and there. Nonetheless the furniture was rather simple, there were more small benches than there were chairs, their decorations were religious amulets and a few framed (or pressed directly into the wall) fingerpaints, and they only had a couple of closets for this many people with even the top being used to support those dwarven candleholders. Intricate tubes of gold-painted metal in the shape of an upward stream ending in a wave crest, three times, with the last one being at the end of the object where the actual candle (currently put out due to being daytime) would be held, and at the center that all too familiar "G.F." crest carved into the metal. As Boo just kept pressing on me, she let go with one hand only to start lightly scratching herself, looking to either side and eyes squinted. I had to grab her hand to get her to stop, even, when I heard the sound of hurried steps behind me, causing me to turn and catch the sight of a slender brunette, with green eyes and a hooded mantle. As she began explaining her current predicament, I couldn't help but to take my free hand to my chin and lean over the woman.

Memories of an old, sort of run-down tavern flashed on my mind, and those of very literally dropping on one of the chairs from said establishment, not even bothering to properly pick up my sword that fell to my side, and instead use my strength to weakly, slowly and sloppily raise an arm to request a drink to cease the fatigue. I remembered the rowdy atmosphere, that excellent dancer that seemed to almost fly across the tavern with her spins, and the laughter and the bragging of my fellow paladins, even how it went too far sometimes and I moved to another table, where this cunning girl would serve me something up, always the same, such fun chatter. In the end of course, I had to leave it all behind, after all my family was waiting for me to return from the war back then.

"Well well, who would've thought we'd meet here again Macaria! You seem to be doing rather well today." I said with a somewhat muffled voice from my helmet, then placed a hand over my chest and made a slight bow to the woman. I did notice she seemed to have lost a lot of weight since last I saw her, but it might be rude to point out. "Of course I'll help you out, where would you like to go? Are you on vacation from the tavern? To think a place like that would allow an employee to go on an actual vacation, I must say I am impressed."

The answer to where she wanted to go was indeed a surprising one. I even chuckled a little bit.

"That is quite the coincidence indeed. The place you seem to be looking for is the same that I am. Not to mention, we're right under it! So, shall we get going?" Ilightly patted Boo's head, who was currently hiding her face with her hat, putting it between herself and Macaria. I opened the door at the end of the orphanage, and picked up Boo, holding her in one of my arms while the other helped me keep balance with the railway.

- - - - - - -​

"Goldenforge, are you in here? Sir Goldenforge?" I called out again after reaching the top of the stairs. This time I was greeted with a grin by the dwarf himself, and paid no mind to the drunkard's insult, other than a twitch of the eye that I very much doubted he would notice under my helmet. Indeed it was a childish insult, the kind of thing that I might've spouted before I began training as a paladin (though naturally such insults was a simply a far cruder thing than anything I'd have said even back then). I took a hand to my chest, and bowed to the present. Seeing how deep a bow it was this time though, Boo mimicked what I did, then hid behind the doorframe and pulling her hat over her eyes. I could still see her from where I stood if I just looked over my shoulder a bit, so I proceeded to converse. "My apologies for my delay Sir Goldenforge. Even to see as dear a friend and patron as you are to me, long-distance travel can be rather taxing on a little one like my Boo. Since you have yet to depart though, I would say I am at least still on time, even if I am nearly to the flanking zone. "

I might've winked if he could see it. Instead, I nodded along with the dwarf's explanation about what our task would be, and who that rude drunkard was. I waved at Patronella at first, then sighed, realizing I wasn't the only person to see the connection there, between the old me and this rude man.

"He might need to sober up first, but... " I walked up to Heerol Salvadora and attempted to place a hand on each of his shoulders. "..I shall make sure that you realize the value of a second chance like I did, and cease it while there is still time, Salvadora!"

I then turned to the dwarf again.

"By the by, where is the beas- " As if to answer my question, I was interrupted by the sound of something shattering. Probably just one of the kids downstairs though. "beastlin we are to aid?"
    [/div][/div]

[div class=pic]
    771040.jpg
    [/div]
    [/div][/div]
Spells Shown
Cantrips:
N/A

First Level:
Unknown

Items Shown
Equipped:
*Shield (Normal + 2 AC)
*Red Half-Cape
*Backpack

Currency:
Unknown

Carrying:
Unknown

1478514033358.png

Poking To Interact: solivagant solivagant eye Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest welian welian
Pokings To Also Read: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing

Makatza Oota

Interactions: Idea Idea
Mentions: welian welian Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest

So, it was him. Hir. The emotions Makatza felt were intense. The good stories Hir shared about the battle field were some of the highlights of her day. Back when things were simpler. Back when she was Macaria. It has been close to a year since she heard her own name. The brunette expected to hear that name from the person she wanted to murder, not from an old friend. One that abandoned her just before she needed him most. Before she could correct him on the name, Hir brought up a good question. “Oh, no, not on vacation. Long story. Well, I was told by the locals in the town over that this...church? Orphanage? Could help me find my way.”

This might work out to be easier than Makatza had planned for. Good, she did not want to struggle with the first real task her patron gave her. Makatza nodded at Hir before he led the way inside. She gave a friendly smile to the shy little girl. Hir had never mentioned her before. At the top of the stairs, she heard her Knightly friend call out a Sir Goldenforge. The brunette made a mental note of the man and observed her surroundings. Quickly her eyes landed on a drunkard. Then the sound of crashing downstairs. This was one interesting church.

Listening to Hir talk, Makatza just stayed quiet. Not wanting to mess up her opportunity to help escort the ‘young one’. The words Red Myst stuck to her mind, but she did not fully know the meaning of them. For now, she would wait to be addressed. Better to be safe than sorry after all.

The cookie jar was on the floor. A cookie thief. That had Mayia's name all over it, but she was in her room packing. Wasn't she? Waterford put the jar back on the top shelf and made her way to the young girl's room. Empty. No Mayia, no cloths or belonging either. So it had been that little monkey. She wasn't really angry, but that also meant she had a loose kleptomaniac on her hands. The old woman took in a deep breath before bellowing, "MAAAAAAYYYIAAAA!" Waterford's voice carried loud and clear though out the entire church form the kitchen, only one child here was capable of sneaking into the kitchen and back out with out being caught. "To The Front Of The House!"

Back with the others Goldenforge smiled and bumbled his daughter on the shoulder, "Go on Little Stone, you remember Sir. Silversap right? The whipersnapper that use to help out in the forge, repaying his debt." He spoke low, but quickly in dwarvin to his child before switching back into common and dipping his head with respect torwards Makatza, "Ma'ma. Any friend'o Hirs is a freind'o mine. Sally-boi, give um'two respect alrite?" On Hir's question of the child he was starting to wonder himself, and then good old Waterford bellowed for a child. Luck would have it that was to be Nelly's charge. He chuckled just a bit under his breath, not one, not two, but three kids, and no adults in the party. He was going to have to pray a lot harder for these six.

“I’m more man than anyone here,” Salvador mumbled, his words faintly slurred. He didn’t mind when Goldenforge called him ‘boy’ in private conversations, but to be introduced as one? Now he’d have to make a point to this fancy bastard. He’d do it now, but... He was being touched. Gods, he’d need a lot more rum to get through this job.

Salvador oh-so-casually rested his hands on the hilts of his scimitars. He imagined he looked stern and charismatically brooding, and he was trying quite hard to suppress the urge to deck this paladin in the helmet. It would hurt, and, he promised Goldenforge he would not start any fights today. It was such a special day for him, and Sal liked being alive and not being on the bad side of one of the few people he’d tentatively call a friend.

“I am COMPLETELY sober,” he hissed, wincing as the sound of a breaking jar pierced his hungover head. “And there’s nothing to cease, I am a model citizen. Look at me. I’m marvelous. As marvelous as this beauty,” and he gestured at Makatza. Wait, no, he promised not to flirt with strange women today.

“Er, this beauty too!” He waved in Nelly’s direction instead. Ooh, no, wait, now it just sounded like he was flirting with Goldenforge’s daughter. Damage control, damage control…

“And that cutie over there!” His eyes lingered a little too long on Boo, checking her face for freckles like his.

Safe. No. Wait, wait… on second thought people didn’t generally like drunk men staring at and complimenting small children.

Well, other than the past ten minutes, Salvador was absolutely a model citizen. He even tipped last night’s dancer by tossing a copper coin between her tits. It landed perfectly in her dress, quite the sight. Shame he didn’t get her out of it.

token_1-1-png.640971
    [/div]
    Hir Silversap

W
    hen the hooded lady smiled at Boo, the little girl moved further behind me, hiding her face in the way kids did when they still thought that if they couldn't see you, then you couldn't see them in turn. I chuckled a bit roughly and patted her head.

"Now, now, it's fine, she is a friend of mine Boo. I'm sure she'd love to be your friend, too. I'm sorry Macaria, she's really quite shy. It didn't get any better with what happened either... Ah, nevermind. Rather than spoiling the mood, we should try not to keep everyone else waiting. I still remembered the hammer smacks back when I came to help with the forge."

----​

"More of a man than anyone here". Big words, the kind spoken by the bold or boys yet to grow. Honestly he did seem like the type that had seen a fight or two but his build didn't appear particularly tough. Then again, I was comparing him to trained soldiers. Not to mention, I of all people shouldn't take things by their appearance. Not that it wasn't tempting to when a man reeking of alcohol began throwing around complements to every female in the room, including my precious little girl. I confess my fingers were a moment away from grippling my sword's grip, not to mentioon Boo glaring at the man and taking a step back. I raised my gaze to meet 'Sally's', but for a moment I saw another face in his body, as if a ghost had stepped in front of him, golden hair all ruffled in the back from a poorly adjusted helmet. I realized my hand had stopped, though the image was only momentary. I just let go of the man's shoulders and patted his back lightly.

"Well then, mr. man, since you are such an examplary citzen, you should be able to put up with the little whims of your duty. Treat my teachings like the ramblings of an old man if you'd like, but a bit of respect and at least pretending to learn something from me, that is part of what you signed up for. When my back is turned and you're lazing around the fireplace, talk of me like rabbid dog if you need to vent, but when standing with me, you can show your manliness by bearing through the tribulations. Surely you wouldn't be so flimsy as to not be able to put up with some WORDS would you? Plus, who knows... you might even actually learn a thing or two." I gave Salavador a thumbs up, though only because the one whose words I was plagiarizing right now had done the same thing. I was rather touched when captain Halleim used these words to appeal to one of my to-be-coworkers. I could only hope they would have the same effect for Salvador.

Meanwhile, the dwarves had had a little private chat that I couldn't understand (even back when I worked here, undercommon and common were already pretty ingrained in my head, it was hard to learn a new language just like that when two that I knew would serve just fine). I began walking up to the younger dwarf, who had followed the path of a priestess if I recalled correctly.

"There's no need to worry. We'll just be accompanying you. Do feel free to rely on us if you need anything though." I could still recall that tiny, tiny figure hiding behind the iron doors to her room, as if the child was playing inside a coffer. She had grown up, even had a beard now, but somehow it was hard to see her any differently.

[/div][/div]

[div class=pic]
    771040.jpg
    [/div]
    [/div][/div]
Spells Shown
Cantrips:
N/A

First Level:
Unknown

Items Shown
Equipped:
*Shield (Normal + 2 AC)
*Red Half-Cape
*Backpack

Currency:
Unknown

Carrying:
Unknown

1478514033358-png.641147

Poking To Interact: Vanira Vanira welian welian JennaBenna JennaBenna
Poking To Mention: Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest
Pokings To Also Read: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing

Last edited:
Makatza Oota

Interactions: Idea Idea welian welian Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest
Mentions: JennaBenna JennaBenna

Makatza nodded towards Goldenforge. “Thank you, sir. My name is Makatza Oota by the way.” She spoke her name clearly while gripping her book tightly at her side. Hopefully, it was loud enough that Hir heard her and hopefully he would not question her on it immediately. Things were working out perfectly so far. Not that Makatza should get her hopes up yet, but the young woman could almost taste the success on getting onto the team, and it was all thanks to Hir. At least he pulled through this time, even if it was not nearly as important as how much she needed him a year ago. Really, anyone like him would have done, but he was one of the few good ones left.

Grass green eyes then fell on the drunkard. Sally or something? Makatza knew his type and just smirked at the man at his weird compliments he was throwing around to everyone. He was indeed drunk. Makatza had thought she would leave those types behind when she was no longer a barmaid. “It is nice to meet you as well, Sally?” Oh, how wrong she was. Lifting her hood off her head, Makatza allowed the long brown hair to tumble past her shoulders as she took a better look around the room.

After a moment, the warlock watched Hir approach a Dwarven woman and talked to her. Makatza just smiled at the girl while staying in her spot. As long as she had been careful with what she said, this might end up working out in her favour.

Mayia watched as more people entered the house, all gathered in the entry way. As her father would describe them, a stunning specimen, a small child, a salty horn dawg, whom honestly looked much like her own father, two large tin cans, and a tin can with cans. Waterforde couldn't be seen so the little lemur girl stood up, grabbing a few more cookies out of her pack. She was careful to blend herself into the crowd forming in the hall, using the larger bodies to hide herself.

As she came closer she found herself sitting on the floor at the back of the group, still shoveling a cookie in her mouth. She heard the old crone bellow for her and she rolled her large eyes. When would that hag learn Maiya couldn't answer her! 'I swear it's like herding cats when you try to teach old people ANYTHING!'

"Makatza Ootah, lov'ly name miss." The old dwarf gave the young woman a slight head nod, before turning said head to the gents, "As fer yer two, both claimen' ta'be men eh? Act lik'it, not two brumblin' heavy 'orns fightin' over sum sow." The old man took a deep breath and slowly let it out with a heavy sigh, he could already see where this was going. The drunkerd and the preaching sort were never going to get along. Hopefully the mission and ladies would keep them in check, although his daughter's silence were starting to speak volumes about the future already. Was she really ready for all this? To be on her own, with so many strong personalities with different world views, on a journey to take a young and rambunctious girl home who knows how far away? The worry was setting in on him. Maybe she did need another 70 or so years.

Were was that girl? At this rate Waterford was going to start losing hair over this, or worse, gain more greys. The very idea made her scowl before thinking herself silly and chuckling just a bit. What would the Goddess think of her noble servant worrying about grey hairs? Admittedly, the child thrust into her care had already seen to give her more than one, but the test was simply part of the great flow of life.
Collected the old woman gained a little pep in her step as she went to check on the grouping, Mayia would appear when she was good and ready Goddess willing.

"Sorry about that, one of the children was being naughty in the kitchen. Now, if I'm not interrupting anything important I can explain the whole situation to you all." Her face lit up with a wide warm grin, the kind that could melt hearts and promised that the name Salvation wasn't just for show. Bright eyes flickered across the room taking in the details.
Goldenforge, old and true. He also still couldn't speak common to save his live. Was 100 years really not enough to fix his accent? Goddess give strength.
His pebble, young and in need of redemption through learning. This would be hard on her, but harder on her father. Goddess bless the girl.
Hir, strong and tall with a little one. She would get a cookie later. It was also refreshing to see a paladin taking care of such a low rank cleric.
A beautiful woman that she didn't know, and although charming left a sour taste in her mouth. Curious. A demon child perhaps? It was common enough, and they always did leave a sour taste, even though always so charming. But she had no horns, skin was normal, hair was normal. Tail, claws, and hooves could be hidden, but her gut said otherwise. Succubus? A warning to Hir and a discreet casting of Detect Evil later on would suffice for now, as she didn't seem to be a threat momentarily.
Goldenforge's friend, the drunk, on the other hand was also in attendance. A direct scowl of displeasure shot over the room towards the boy, if he was going to be helping Mayia and Nelly he could at least attempt to sober up before noon each day.
Ah, Mayia was also here, "Wait, Mayia! When did you get here? I told you to go up front, oh, no matter. Everyone, Mayia Noble."

With that Waterford went to pick up the young beastling off the floor and onto her feet, she also spotted cookie crumbs. It was always Mayia.

Sal blinked, and backed down momentarily from his imaginary fight with Hir. Tri… tribbleshun? Tribyu? Tribute? He narrowed his eyes. This bastard. This thought he was clever. Well! Big words didn’t mean he was smarter than Sal! He’d show him yet, Salvador Hierro would carry this mission himself!

“… Right.” He wasn’t sober enough for this shit. “Right, right… sorry boss…” Salvador sighed and rubbed his eyes again, his head vaguely throbbing as the last remnants of last night were leaving him.

“Please,” he said to Makatza, “My name is Salvador. But if you’d like to get to know me better, by all means… For a flower like you, I’d let you call me anything you’d like.” He winked, and ignored the old hag glaring daggers at him, as usual.

“Pssst, Goldenforge… how many people did you hire, again…?”

His eyes lingered on their newest companion, a young girl that definitely wasn’t completely human. Hm. Had he ever slept with any women who had tails? No? What a novel experience that could be…

The fighter stared at Mayia with an unusually thoughtful look on his face.

Last edited:
Maiya jumped hearing her name so loud and so sudden. She tried dodging the old woman's grasp but alas had been caught off gaurd. As the group turned to her she smiled and waved before feeling a heavy gaze on her. Looking up the man resembling her father let his eyes linger over her. Maiya had seen many women fall under that gaze and none lasted the night unscathed. This man however seemed inexperienced comparatively seeing as Maiya could still think clearly even as she looked him dead in the eye. Her gazed focused she lifted both hands, opening both flat, putting fingertip to fingertip and swinging her right hand outword at him.
One word.

token_1-1-png.640971
    [/div]
    Hir Silversap

A
    aah, that sure took me back! Getting scolded by the dwarf felt like being a lil' boy again, just a trainee coming to face his failures: A meeker side of me pleaded that I simply accept the scolding and apologize, but the impulse to cry out for the injustice, for the fact that I was merely accepting my duties and attempting to convince that visibly unreliable man to do the same, and yet I was scolded as if I was simply tooting my own horn, still stroke at the walls years of discipline had erected. In the end, however, it was not the weight of that elder's words that swayed me to my final decision, but the way Boo leaned over from my leg, glaring at the man as if she sensed the anger I kept buried, on the verge of baring her teeth. We couldn't have that now, not at this former mentor of mine! So, I bowed slightly before the dwarf.

"My apologies sir Goldenforge. And apologies as well to mr...Salvador, is that correct? I did not mean to come across so conceited. Please forgive me." Boo seemed to calm down a bit, so I knelt down besides her patted her head and allowed the drunkard to be on his way to flirt. My attention was instead drawn to the younger dwarf, so still in her place, so quiet too. I directed my words at the older Goldenforge. "Sir Goldenforge, perhaps I am merely imagining it, but does your daughter not appear to be a tad... pale? Certainly none would know a dwarf better than a dwarf, and that would go double when it comes to family, but I do have to ask, are you certain that she in condition to travel? Even if she had all the armies in the world as her body guards, a body currently too frail to travel should probably refrain from doing so until a better opportunity arises, unless an absolute emergency calls for such drastic measures."

Our conversation was interrupted by emergence of a new individual, a child with the ears and tail of a beast, white hair and forehead which was hard to tell if the brown marks were more fur or truly some sort of mark. I held back the urge to comment on the drunk's intense stare at the girl, even though I did feel curious as to what drew so much of his attention about her. It might come across poorly again if I did, as if I'd returned to bickering like before. Truth be told, the shattering sound we heard earlier, the dwarf's words and the crumbs around the girl's mouth placed me in a very similar conumdrum towards her as well: Should I speak up about her obvious actions? Someone like her, so young and full of potential, even able to sneak past and hide among us without us noticing her presence, what path was she allowing herself to go down? Then again, I couldn't around expecting to turn everyone on such a path away from it- nor did I. Perhaps it would be excessive to speak up and scold her, but surely if we were to escort this girl, there might be a chance to help her turn things around while there was still time for her to do so.

After all, there wasn't a Halleim for every Hir.

We were going to travel together, so there was a chance. If I was to take it though, they would have to be open to it. Words alone wouldn't suffice. A palading ought to lead by example, so I ought to prove myself capable of being theirs. For starters, proving I was capable should suffice. I rose and turned to adress to the group, resisting the urge to chuckle at the animal girl playing with her fingers. Or perhaps she was attempting to form some kind of spell?

"Very well then, everyone. Now that were all here, I propose we organize our party a little. Perhaps you could all tell me about what you're skilled with? Certainly myself and Salvador will probably be bodyguarding, but there are many other matters of importance, for instance... Macar- Makatza, I don't suppose you're perhaps adept at cooking? Forgive me if I am beign presumptuous." She was a bardmaid once after all. But if she was hiding her name, then she might want to hide her origin as well. Though I was curious on what happened for her to renounce her identity so, I could relate to her situation. After all, even I had secrets to keep.

[/div][/div]

[div class=pic]
    771040.jpg
    [/div]
    [/div][/div]
Spells Shown
Cantrips:
N/A

First Level:
Unknown

Items Shown
Equipped:
*Shield (Normal + 2 AC)
*Red Half-Cape
*Backpack

Currency:
Unknown

Carrying:
Unknown

1478514033358-png.641147

Poking To Interact: Vanira Vanira welian welian JennaBenna JennaBenna Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing
Poking To Mention:
Pokings To Also Read:

Makatza Oota

Interactions: Idea Idea welian welian
Mentions: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing

With a small raise of her eyebrows, Makatza looked dead eyed at Salvador after he called her a flower. “Right, then I shall call you Salvador for the time being. Keep things professional, yes?” She had heard better compliments from patrons both more sober and more drunk than this man. Why would anyone trust him to be a protector? Especially the way he leers at all the women. The poor girl who had inhuman qualities to her. She seemed to be dealing with the brunt of Salvador’s leering. However, she did something with her hands. It did not seem like a spell to Makatza. Odd.

Her eyes focused on Hir before she turned her head to face him. “If there is no one else suited to the task I can cook. Usually I handed out the food, Hir, not cook it.” Makatza held back a visible wince at mentioning her old employment. She must change the subject. “I do have other skills as well. I may not be as strong as the men here, but I am gifted in the art of magic.” Focusing on the magic would be best, yes. Telling everyone she can create disguises and forge false paperwork may not be the best right now. The goal was to stay in the group, not to show off.

Makatza pulled out her water flask from her bag and opened the lid. Unscrewing the lid, she poured the contents of the flask out and used the Shape Water cantrip on it. Before the water hit the ground they animated into small shapes representing silhouettes of different animals. “I can do much more than parlor tricks too, but I only have so much energy, so I should save that for when it is needed.” As she finished her sentence she used the cantrip again to move the small amount of water back into the flask and put the lid back on.

"Long as ya'bois lern'yer leson.", with that the old man turned his head back to his daughter. She was starting to worry him, quiet, pale, and over all just off. She wasn't ready.

It was a bit disheartening but he took his daughter by the arm and looked back at the group, "Be just ah'moment.", and began to drag her off while conversing in their native tongue. He gave a look to Waterford as he made his way with Nelly in hand to a secluded room to sort out everything.

Waterford's face twisted with pain and disappointment, this was going to be their little Pepple's big day. It just showed you couldn't put so many expectations onto a child after all. A few more decades with the Goddess and she would straighten out though. It was probably better this way anyhow, seeing as how Salvador and this Makatza were joining the group. Her gut said they would be terrible influences.

"Ah... yes, I believe I'll have to explain for Ms. Noble here. A beastial originally from Magnus Gigas and a mute, you'll all be helping her to go and find her adoptive father. A half-elf named Galfread Noble. From what we can tell he is the curator for the museums in Avalon and Raven's Nest. Oh, actually you might know it better as O Nidum now that I think about it. But regardless, he his currently out on a expedition from what we can tell and was separated from Maiya somehow. We have sent out letters looking for his current location, but, well. They're all contradicting. Reports place the man in five separate locations, each around the same time, and each weeks apart from each other."

She sighed heavily at this point, clearly frustrated by the facts.

"Obviously the reports are subject to question. As such, you all will be tracking down these leads until you can find out whats happened. If its clerical error, Hir is to fix the problem by his best judgement. If its anything else, I imagine Haven would like a full report, as it could mean Demon activity, or Doppler actions. Hir, we trust your judgement on these matters once you investigate.

Ah... lets see. Right, Mr. Noble has no family aside from Maiya, which is why you'll be taking her to him. He is described as standing around a head taller than myself, with brown hair, silvery blue eyes, a slightly tanned complexion, and favoring the colour red. He is also described as being handsome, flamboyant, and always wearing a red cavalier hat, with white plume. Maiya was very insistent on the hat and plume part. The man looks to be in his late 30s, to early 40s by human terms. I believe he is actually around 90. Hopefully that will be enough information to know him when you see him."

With that there wasn't much else she could think of off the top of her head. Answering questions, and letting the group ground themselves would come next.

EDIT:

If you would have a reason to know of the events of the Demon War, or Avalon politics/merchants/nobility you may make a History Check.

Last edited:

Salvador stared at the furry-eared girl in visible confusion. There was also a wee bit of mild apprehension, as he sidestepped behind Goldenforge – he knew not what Maiya’s gestures were for, but he knew damn well that when weird women started waving their hands around and speaking in tongues, it meant that he was about to be violently escorted from the premises if he didn’t put his pants back on right that second.

Good thing he was wearing pants, then.

“Buy me a fifth and we’re even,” he responded to Hir, waving dismissively at him. As long as Goldenforge was here he would behave, but the moment they all left town… That paladin’s ass was toast!

He turned to Makatza.

“Sweetheart, if you want to play professional, that’s fine by me! Just call for Mr. Hierro whenever you need a hero like me! And don’t be offended by High and Mighty over there. I, a true gentleman, would never doubt a lovely woman’s ability to cook. You’ll be the most important role in our adventuring party! I mean, really, Hir, assuming a lady can’t cook… Why else do you think she would be here?”

He leaned over and whispered to Makatza. “But really, miss, I’d love to see your other tricks if you’re free tonight…”

Honestly, mysterious women made it so hard to listen to the old nag! Salvador grinned, pleased with himself as Waterford listed off their mission. He crossed his arms and nodded along. An adoptive father, sure. Like they’d ever find him. Sal knew his type well. Conflicting reports? Totally an alibi to avoid potential jilted lovers.

Slowly though, the cocky smile because to slide off the fighter’s face. The deeper Waterford went into her description, the more his brows furrowed. Brown hair… tanned… gray eyes… and about his age…

Oh.

Ohhhhh no.

Sal turned on his heel and shrugged at the group, a fake smile back on his face.

“Well, I’m all out of ideas! Let’s just call it quits before we waste anyone’s time! Maiya, we’ll find you a new daddy.”

The corner of his eye twitched, and his jaw was clenched tight.

token_1-1-png.640971
    [/div]
    Hir Silversap

H
    ow curious. Was Macava able to use magic back when she served in that tavern? It certainly didn't appear that way, but mayhaps she was merely holding back for the sake of not causing trouble to her employers.

"Magic will surely be of great use to us! I have witnessed first how even a bit of it, when well-placed, can turn the tides of a battle. It is a shame that we might not get a properly cooked meal after all, but there will surely be certain opportunities in our travels. Not to mention that even if the cooking was only occasional, it ought to be better than anything I could provide, and (I suspect) that mr. Salvador could provide either. Rations will fill a belly and alchohol will drown the senses, but neither can be called a 'proper meal' unfortunately." Once one has a taste of it, it can breach through years of training, that taste and fulfillment that a meal cooked with tender care can bring. I looked around the orphanage, praying internally that the children there were given such a gift, and also a curse in this my field of work.

After Goldenforge finished his secret chat with his daughter, he came back to us and explained in better detail what our task was to be: We would track down the several leads to the little girl's father, verify their veracity, and apply the necessary measures for "correction" where necessary. Furthermore, of course, our duties would include escorting the little animal-eared girl gesturing to herself and even Golderforge's own daughter, if she were to accompany us despite my advice. Then again, given the pattern of today, it was unlikely my advice was going to be taken at any point. Before I could say anything, the drunk had some kind of epithany, and for a mere moment I almost thought he'd show that he was secretely really useful- but what he did say caused me to throw my arms up in the air with rage.

"WE SHALL DO NO SUCH THING!" I shouted. "To have been called here personally by one such as Goldenforge, and then not only refuse his request, not only abandon a child in this manner, but to do it for such a flimsy reason? Forgive Sir Goldenforge, but this is beyond my ability to tolerate. I sought to make peace among us, and I will regardless attempt to cooperate. But let it be known this leaves a sour taste in my mouth."

I turned around and kneeled before the animal-eared girl. She remained silent even now, no doubt from the shock of almost being abandoned again by one who was meant to protect her. How disgraceful. She was a pitiable thing, shy perhaps.

"Worry not, we WILL assist you. If not Salvadore's, then my aid you shall have at least. And, no doubt, Ma-Makatza's as well. You needn't say a word. Speak to us when you feel comfortable with the prospect. Is this not true?" I looked over my shoulder to the woman in a hood, and pondered perhaps petting the young girl like I did with Boo, but she might take it the wrong way. I stood, and gazed at Goldengforge again, raising a hand.

"Sir Goldenforge, is there any place we should begin by searching? You did say the reports came from different places, which do you believe we should pursue first?" In my mind, the question was indeed rather pertinent. After all, the reports were all from around the same time, which meant that chasing the wrong lead first would complicate things. A fresh trail doesn't stay fresh forever, the blood will dry out eventually, and the more we dilly-diallied with baseless rumours, the more likely it would be that we missed our chance to actually find the man. Furthermore, the question allowed me to ease in (if such a thing could be done) to another pertinent question... One I wish I didn't have to ask. "Also... forgive me for horrid suggestion but... what if the parent does not take his daughter back? And what if we find them...less than healthy, if you understand what I'm implying."

Only silence could follow such words for me.

[/div][/div]

[div class=pic]
    771040.jpg
    [/div]

[/div][/div]
Spells Shown
Cantrips:
N/A

First Level:
Unknown

Items Shown
Equipped:
*Shield (Normal + 2 AC)
*Red Half-Cape
*Backpack

Currency:
Unknown

Carrying:
Unknown

1478514033358-png.641147

Poking To Interact: Vanira Vanira welian welian Yourdarkpriest Yourdarkpriest Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing
Pokings To Also Read: N/A

These two. These two would be left first. The Galfread look-a-like, and the tin can. ANOTHER father? Really?! Fury rose in her raised only by the incomprehension of the can. Waterforde even explained that she was mute! fOR FUCK'S SAKE WERE THESE PEOPLE DEAF OR DAFT? She was trembling at this point with anger. Then the Can decided to speak as though she weren't even there. She began to sign furiously, angry words, most going unnoticed, a lot of names being slung, explanation of not needing a 3rd father that two was plenty for her lifetime, and that Galfread loved her, unlike him who obviously cared nothing for his own child whom he all but had ignored this entire time! Maiya was livid! Breaking from the old woman's grasp rather easily, leaping up to take hold of the Can's shoulders, wrapping her legs tight around his throat, before starting to beat down with her claws onto the Tin can's helmmed head.

token_1-1-png.640971
    [/div]
    Hir Silversap

S
    uddenly, completely out of the blue, Maiya began gesturing frantically at us, and her expression was no sight to behold. I looked over my shoulder to Salvador, nudging my head towards Maiya in hopes he would get that she was obviously angry at him for suddenly deciding to abandon her, because truly, who simply abandons an already abandoned child in such a manner? Knowing his type, he was probably going to be paid for it too, otherwise he wouldn't even be here. She had every reason to be mad at him, yet when I turned around, I saw a leaping animal coming in my direction. Running, and years of training, and naturally, true battle experience in the war weren't for nothing though, and without so much as blinking an eye I slided sideways and diverted the coming attack with a brutish, but effective, shove. I stood right back up in a hurry, maintaining enough common sense not to draw my weapons on a child, but keeping my hands at the ready just in case there were any more "surprises" like that. I couldn't really deny that the thought of getting her to the ground and retraining her crossed my mind more than once while we were in that standoff.

"What was that now? Why did you... " I looked at Waterforde, while keeping the lemur girl on the corner of my eye. Boo glared at the other small girl as well, she was like a cat hissing silently. "Why did she..."

It couldn't be that she actually APPRECIATED what Salvador was suggesting, was she? Did she not want our aid in locating her father? Were we interfiering too much? No, no, no, even if she knew these weird spells with her hand that didn't appear to have done anything for her thus far, there was no way she could locate that person that fast on her own. It was just too implausible.

[/div][/div]

[div class=pic]
    771040.jpg
    [/div]
    [/div][/div]
Spells Shown
Cantrips:
N/A

First Level:
Unknown

Items Shown
Equipped:
*Shield (Normal + 2 AC)
*Red Half-Cape
*Backpack

Currency:
Unknown

Carrying:
Unknown

1478514033358-png.641147

Poking To Interact: Luna_Silverwing Luna_Silverwing
Poking To Mention:
Pokings To Also Read:

"Maiya, control yourself girl! And she's mute, not deaf Silversap. Implying her father might not take her back, or be dead aren't the kinda things ye talk bout in front of a child." Flabbergasted Waterford's accent was starting to slip though, it would disappear soon as she had her head on straight though. For the moment she was just trying to take everything in, from Salvador's extreme show of distaste, to Hir's slip in judgement. Not to even mention Maiya's outburst. You would think the daughter of a historian and merchant would be better controlled. All she could do now was try and keep her from hurting anyone, except maybe Salvador. Her reaction time might slow down before saving him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back