• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Darkness and Light(Vampire roleplay)

The Priest took another puff of his pipe and listens to the young man. A minuscule look of intreuge crosses his face,"That's....one way to look at it. Though I have not met a friendly vampire. It seems most are night stalking monsters. They choose to be evil man eaters and we must protect the innocents they prey on."

Another sudden boom of thunder sounded, this time waking the nun. Realizing where her head was resting she lifts it almost instantly with red cheeks. Her eyes sees the pipe in Adonias' hand and she grimaces at him,"Father, I thought you were done with that pipe! It's just going to make your cough start up again!" The priest chuckles,"It was just a few puffs. I'm not as bad as I use to be." She leans her head on the side of the coach and watches the heavy rain.

In the late night the rain tones down to a steady drizzle. Hours had passed and in the darkness the soft glow of lights could be seen. The muddy roads soon turn into cobblestone streets illuminated by the flames of the streetlamps. Anessburg was a vast, radiant city full of different shops, businesses, and well kept houses. The city was indeed made for those of the upper class. Adonias gives a grim look,"Well it sounds like we're here. We need to be careful. There's eyes in the dark." Moriah marvels at the city, but gives a stern nod,"Yes, Father."

The stagecoach soon stops in front of the Vine and Tankard Inn. It was a decent size place, though the age of it shows. The driver hopes down and opens the door for the group,"All right. Destination reached."

Farator dips his head, but says nothing more of it as Moriah wakes up. He is watchful as they come close to the city. He can practically sense his ‘family’ already. “Be careful. Like I said before, I’ve had experience with this clan. They know me. And, I believe they know we are coming. We must be very, very cautious. My suggestion is that none of us go anywhere alone, and use groups of two when we have to part ways.”

Adonias nods, "Of course. We'll all be on high alert. For now I'll stay up and keep watch Tomorrow Moriah and I will go to the church and gather information about the sightings." He steps out of the stagecoach and helps the Sister out after him. He pays the coach driver and the man tips his hat before beginning to untie the bags.

The Father heads into the tavern and is met with a happy cheer from the owner,"Ah Adonias! My old friend!" The Priest laughs loudly and heads to the bar,"Samson, my dear friend! Always a pleasure! I'm going to need four rooms!" The owner happily nods as m sets some keys down onto the bar,"Going on your tab! Go ahead and make yourselves comfortable! Rooms will be upstairs!" Moriah takes a key and struggles to hold back a yawn,"Maybe I can finally get some good rest..."

Farator looks mildly concerned with them all having seperate rooms, but doesn’t say anything. He smiles at Moriah. “Mm, from what I remember, these are very nice rooms.” He says, taking his key, and starting up the stairs. Jacob decides to get some food first, and sits down at the bar.

Moriah gives a quick stretch as Father Adonias brings in their bags. The owner gives a small swirl of his finger to signal to some staff to bring a round of food and drink for them. The Sister also takes a seat at the bar and frowns as a shot of gin is placed in front of her. The owner sets down a shot in front of Farator and smiles," Drinks on me. Just let me know if you want more."

She gently slides the shot away from her,"I really can not drink this. I am sure God would be displeased." Sampson looks at her,"Just to celebrate your arrival, Sister!" Adonias quickly takes the shot that was placed for him,"God will forgive you, Sister Moriah! Just one wom't hurt. Thus may be your last night of getting to relax! You'll have to do night duty!"

She looks at the small glass and picks it up. She puts it to her lips with hesitation, but downs it fast. Her face wrinkles,"Ugh even the communal wine is better than this..."

Jacob chuckles, taking back his shot, and sighing contentedly. “Mm, but it hits hard. Not that I of all people should be encouraging alcohol consumption, but a little is good.” He says with a grin. “So long as we’re all put together if we get attacked, we’ll be fine.”

Sister Moriah watches as Jacob drinks and gives a small sigh,"I just cannot see how something that tastes so foul can be good for you." Sampson pours them another shot as the smell of cooking meat fills the air of the tavern,"This will keep your stomachs occupied as your meals are prepared!" The nun bites her lip in disgust, but doesn't want to seem rude. She downs the second shot almost quicker than the first. Her body trembles from the stringy bitter taste.

Father Adonias sets down a bag to take another swig of gin and begins to sing a happy hymn. Sampson joins his old friend as he becomes a little too generous with the liquor.

Jacob stops after the second shot, well aware of how badly he holds his liquor. “It’s good for the heart. Keeps the arteries clear, and helps keep infections out.” He says with a grin. (Historically speaking, medicine wasn’t great at this point.)

She chuckles,"Good for the heart,hm?" The food continues to cook and the song of hymns begins to slurr between the men. Before she knows it, Moriah is slamming down another shot. The Priest and Sampson laugh together as the food is finally served.

The nun can only bring herself to a few bites. Her stomach was feeling the affects of the strong clear liquid. She starts to feel heavy as she rocks back and forth sluggishly. She giggles at Father Adonias who was currently doing a small jig to his drunken song. She leans onto Farator and looks at him,"have you enjoyed your drinks, Mmmmr. Black?"

Farator sighs, looking over at her, and wrapping an arm around her. “Yes… but I think you’ve had enough, sister. Come on, let’s get you to bed.” He murmurs, guiding her up and toward the stairs. “Jacob, keep an eye on the father, will you?”

She giggles some more and stumbles even with Farator's help. Father Adonias begins to ramble on about the new "sciences" of today and how much of a mockery they are. Sampson offers Jacob another drink. Moriah makes her way up the stairs and gazes at Farator drunkenly,"Mmmy room is seven...seven....rhymes with heaven!" She laughs once more.

Jacob shakes his head. “Someone here should stay sober.” He says with a chuckle, debating whether it’s worth having a discussion with the drunken father about his work.

Farator sighs, rubbing her back. “Yes, yes it does.” He says, gently taking the key to spare her drunkenly trying to open the door, getting it unlocked himself. “Let’s get you all tucked in.”

The nun stumbles into the room and plops down onto the bed. She giggles as she lies down,"This feels...good. I never get to feel good like this....no." Moriah throws her veil on the ground,"He doesn't let me feel good. The moment I did he took it all away...bastard. What kind of...creator...brings such pain? I should've left with him when he asked...then maybe..."

Her eyes well up with tears and she sniffles,"It's so...hard. To keep fighting, Farator...."

Farator sighs, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “I know. When everything that once defined you is gone, it’s hard to imagine a way to go on.” He says sadly, stroking her hair. “You’re strong, Moriah.” He continues. “You can do this. Whether you stay with the church or not, whether you even continue to hunt, know that I will be here to protect you.”

The Sister sniffles and continues to drunkenly cry,"I feel so weak. Why protect me? Sometimes I don't even feel as though God is with me. The other Sisters prayed for their lives that night and he did nothing. It's like I'm flying through the stars, so close to Heaven, but I burst into flames and not even the angels will help me. I feel as if I'm only pushing forward just to die. Maybe I want to just to stop this confusion and pain."

As he strokes her head she takes calming breaths. She feel comfort from his words and looks at him with watery eyes,"This pain...I can't let anyone else feel it. My faith is waning, Farator. It has been for so long, but I can't just sit here and not try to help."

He gazes at her, sighing. “I… I know the feeling.” He thought he had control of his instinct. He’s not going to do it, but it upsets him that he wants to… claim her. Be her sire, her guidance. He could protect this fragile, gentle woman… all it would cost is the innocence she is already losing.

He smiles sadly, stroking her hair. “Perhaps the deal the original vampires made with Lucifer included a way to protect them from angels. Or perhaps this is a test. Whatever it is, I don’t really need God’s opinion on the matter. I must protect the innocent.”

Her tears slowly come to a stop, but the sadness still remains in her eyes. She lays quiet as he strokes her hair and relishes every second of it. She sits up and next to him and with a sigh she gives a sad grin, "Angels can be just as terrifying as demons. God can be just as ruthless and unforgiving as...well. He does forgive though, he can protect. If this is a test I think I'm underperforming."

She leans, tired and drunk on him,"All to protect the innocent...be it from demons or God. Thank you for talking with me, Farator. Thank you for a lot of things. I will always be a loyal friend to you no matter where our paths may take us after this." Her soft grey eyes look into his and she finds that she can't look away. She feels herself falling deep into them. Moriah wasn't sure if it was her tipsiness or something more hypnotic, but she feels her body move closer to him as she closes her eyes and tilts her head to the side. Her blood already flush and full in her cheeks, the sweet smell was mingled with a sadness all too familiar to him.

He sees how she’s reacting to him, and sighs, holding her. He should stop this. He should close his eyes. But to hold her like this, like someone he can protect, care for… and he can’t help himself. To hold her vulnerable, fragile body so close… would she even remember in the morning… no. Farator cannot do this… not in this form, anyway. He sighs, tucking her into bed. “I’ll see you in the morning.” He says softly, leaving.

Not two minutes later, her window is pushed open, and the white horned elder slips into her room, closing it quickly as he cautiously approaches her.

The Sister was sitting up in her bed and slowly turns her hazy grey eyes towards the horned elder. Her hair was down and messy as it draped over her. The white night gown she changed into hangs loosely on her. Her cheeks were still burning hot with the blood underneath them.

As he draws closer she sticks out her arm and holds one of her small knives to her flesh,"Just a taste...it's alright..." Though under his spell her eyes look at him still full of warmth and affection.

He gazes at her, putting a hand on her cheek. “Are you sure, Sister? I would not drink from you without your full consent.” He says, his voice almost a purr with his hoarse tones. Oh, he desires her… but he must make sure this isn’t just the alcohol or hypnosis talking.

She leans into his touch with a dreamy sigh and nods. Her head feels heavy as it swims with all sorts of things she has no time to explain, but in this moment everything felt like it made sense. Moriah smiles with reassurance,"Yes. Since I first saw you the other night, you haven't left my thoughts. I know I was harsh. I was afraid by...how stunned I was by you. I don't care that I cant understand what you are. I understand that you give me...faith and hope in something because...you're mine."

The blade cuts through the soft light brown skin freeing the crimson underneath. She lifts her arm in offering to him.

He smiles, listening to her words, and takes her hand. “I am yours, sister.” He murmurs, as he gently laps at the wound. He won’t bite her at all, he will only take what she offers him.

He groans with pleasure, going to his knees as he laps up her crimson essence. It’s so good… innocent, pure blood, with alcohol infused in it.

She breathes slowly as he feeds. The Sister runs her fingers over his head and horns with a gentle touch,"For the life of every creature is it's blood. It's blood is it's life. I have given it to you from the altar to make atonement for your soul, for it is the blood that makes atonement by life." Moriah leans forward and gives his head a gentle kiss before looking at him,"Farator..."

He looks up at her, his black eyes showing just a flicker of hazel. “Sister… ah, I suppose I could not hide it forever.” He murmurs, continuing to lap at the cut till it scabs over. “Will you tell Adonias what I am? Or does he already know?” He asks, still kneeling at her feet. “If you wish to tell him, I will submit to your judgement.”

She chuckles,"Your eyes. No matter what, you are still you." When she's done bleeding she puts her forehead on his,"I want to protect you too. I will never tell a soul. I would not be concerned with Father Adonias. Other than killing vampires and acting superior to everyone, he is not to keen."

Moriah smiles at the elder before her and a yawn escapes her,"I should get to sleep soon, but you can stay as long as you want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back