• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Of Cults and Witchcraft [IC]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ticci Toby Rogers

Twitchy Little Pyromaniac
(We are open folks! SpicyBat SpicyBat Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed BushiesHedge BushiesHedge hemlocke hemlocke )

Vincent"Make new friends he said. It'll be fun, he said."

large.jpg

Mentions

Open, but likely going to see Gilmar BushiesHedge BushiesHedge

The cemetery was quiet as Vincent tended to the graves. It was his most beloved pastime; taking care of the final resting place of those he'd befriended. People were much more lively after they were dead. Of course, most of the people in the faith's cemetery had passed on. To what, Vincent wasn't sure. Many of the ghosts who would speak to him told him of a bright light that called to them like a siren's song, but for some reason or another, they weren't ready to leave.
In fact, Vincent's best friend was among the dead in the cemetery. Former caretaker of the oldest tree in town. He had planted that tree and helped it grow strong. Vincent often lamented how lucky Josevet was to have died before the faith came. If the Great Father had seen the was their old tree was grown, the poor thing would have been burned to purify it from the devil's work that had created it.
Vincent climbed to the top of the rocky hill where he saw a figure that only he could see. Josevet awaited Vincent and quickly began to whisper things, only Vincent could hear. He, like many of the ghosts, hade worlds of stories to tell. Today, though, he told Vincent one thing in particular: the profit's son was his tree's newest caretaker and the boy tended for the tree in the same manor Josevet used to. After some gentle urging, Vincent left the graveyard and made his way towards the town tree, hoping to find the young caretaker and pass a message on from his deceased friend.

Last edited:
GILMAR HYLAND

THE BEGINNING

THE TOWN TREE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS

His name was Gilmar Hyland. He was the son of Deacon Hyland, the current leader of the Christian Movement cult. After Deacon began abandoning his son and wife to spend most of his time at the abandoned SRIMU Lab outside of town, Gilmar had more time to take care of the things he cares most about; plants. Gilmar didn't have a lot of interactions with humans other than his abusive father and his group of radicals. Instead, he considered his family among those that grew out of the ground. He had his own garden outside the house, taking care of the baby flowers and, using the energy he acquired from the other trees, helped them grow. Of course, his main friends are trees. Gilmar would speak to them telepathically and they would talk back. Friendships and bonds grew, especially being two trees, Bark and Town Tree.

Bark was a younger tree that Gilmar planted when he was younger. Since the, Gilmar had his best friend for life.

The other was Town Tree, the oldest tree in the region. Town Tree was the mentor Gilmar never really had. For caring and treatment, Gilmar gave him advice on the world and also apples. The other trees in the woods give Gilmar some of their energy so their old, great leader can still live.

Gilmar hid from the rest of human society. He was one with nature. Even when Gilmar writes in his journey, he is still talking to the dead trees that made up the paper. Gilmar believed it was his duty to care for nature, so his powers will be rid from him and he can become pure with God; the exact same mission his father is also on. He must take care of God's creation.

There is nothing wrong with you, child. Town Tree said to Gilmar as he was pouring buckets of water on him. Your abusive father has led you to believe lies, as the rest of the town you live in.

Gilmar looked up at him in denial. My father knows best. Gilmar responded back, picking up the next bucket. My father cares for me and his people and wants to free us and the rest of the world.

Your father believes that, but he is delusional.
Town Tree assured Gilmar. He may speak of a God but it isn't the same one that created my forest...

Gilmar dumped the bucket and looked at him confused. There is only one God though...

A couple leaves fell onto Gilmar's hair. You missed the point of what I said. Town Tree assured his caretaker. Perhaps you need to learn it yourself...

Gilmar grunted. As Gilmar picked up the last bucket, an apple fell into it. Gilmar looked up at the old wood.

Take it, my child, for you have given me all this water. Town Tree exclaimed, thanking Gilmar. Gilmar smiled and poured the last bucket on Town Tree's roots. Town Tree was relaxed and in a state of comfort. You remain me of my first caretaker, Gilmar. Josevet was his name. I believe he hangs by the graveyard with that boy he befriended...do you know that boy?

Gilmar's face turned to confusion. I don't have any human friends, father.

Town Tree laughed. Maybe you should get one. Trees can't walk you know. This scenary must get pretty boring... Town Tree chuckled as his roots drank the water.

Gilmar smiled and took a bite of his apple. Trust me, humans are much boringer... As Gilmar finished his bite, he picked up his buckets and began to walk back home.

Goodbye, my son. Town Tree told Gilmar as he parted. Please greet my son for me.

Gilmar turned around one last time to look at his mentor. See you tomorrow, father. As he turned back towards the direction he was walking in, he noticed someone walking towards him and the Town Tree. Gilmar, nervous, pretended he didn't see him and walked in a different direction.

Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers

Two children could be heard talking in the nearby woods.
They would often come here to play when they did not have school.
The girl, Luminescence, was sitting on a branch of a smaller tree, leaning back, soaking in the sunlight. As she did so, the sun shaped birthmark on her cheek seemed to glow ever so lightly.

The boy, Mezzanotte, looked up at her from the ground, "You're lucky you didn't get caught today on the playground doing that. If they saw your mark lighting up like that they'd know we're children of Satan."

Luminescence huffed, "How many times do I have to tell you Mezz, we are NOT children of Satan! God made us like this! He loves us and blessed us with powers! We should appreciate what he's blessed us with!"
She looked down at him with a reassuring smile.

"No, we're cursed..." He mumbled under his breath, as he climbed into a tree's open trunk opposite of the one his sister was in.

"We're not cursed!" She sighed in exasperation. She climbed down from the tree, and walked over to her brother's hiding spot, crossing her arms over the bottom of the hole and leaning in to look at her brother who was curled up, looking as depressed as always, "Is your head messing with you again?"

"Yeah..." He responded sullenly.

"It's okay," she reached a hand out to hold his, "You're normal, we're normal. We are loved. We are as worthy of God's love as everyone else. We are children of God. There's nothing wrong with us." She said calmly, as she had a million times before. She had to reassure her brother of these things daily.

Mezzanotte responded with a nod, and squeezed his sister's hand once.

She squeezed back, as a silent reminder that everything will be okay.

(sksk i'm so sorry if it wasn't meant to be day time in the roleplay, i'll change it if it isn't)

VincentThe things I do for you, Josevet...

large.jpg

Mentions

BushiesHedge BushiesHedge

Vincent gave off a sigh as he hurried to catch up to Gilmar. They boy was obviously avoiding him, but he had a message and he'd deliver it. He casually started walking down the same path as the boy until he found himself walking closer to Gilmar. He allowed himself a small smirk of victory when he fell into step with the boy.
His smirk faded as he looked dead ahead. He had to, now. He had little to fear of Gilmar telling that he had powers, but the others couldn't hear him talking about them. He spoke in just above a whisper the wish of his deceased friend.
"I have a message for you," He said, "Josevet wishes you health and happiness. He wanted me to tell you that you've done well caring for his beloved friend, and often speaks of the irony of it all coming full circle. He planted the tree as a seedling, and now then next proper caretaker is but a seedling himself. I still don't get that joke, but I suppose you plant people have your own weird lingo..."
Vincent bowed his head when he was done and waited for the boy's response. He could feel the darkness in this kid, and it worried him. Sure Gilmar wasn't suicidal or anything but he was a frequent visitor to death's door, and Vincent didn't like that in the slightest.

GILMAR HYLAND

THE BEGINNING: PART 2

THE OUTER WOODS

The figure kept following him. Gilmar tried to haste along and try to avoid contact. He didn't want interaction with humanity; his father and his friends were enough. I mean, why bother interacting with humanity when they would die anyway? They always died so young, but trees lived for a long time. Trees knew more than anymore, barely outdoing his father. Deacon was an intelligent person in Gilmar's eyes. The man knew how to lead his village and yet the citizens would die anyway. Gilmar was always there at a funeral or at the graveyard to pass through it. Gilmar thought he was the closet to death. However, his beliefs were proved wrong when the person following him caught up. He was around his age, was very slim, and had a ton of hairs on his hair. He almost looked like a girl.

"I have a message for you," The strange boy said, "Josevet wishes you health and happiness. He wanted me to tell you that you've done well caring for his beloved friend, and often speaks of the irony of it all coming full circle. He planted the tree as a seedling, and now then next proper caretaker is but a seedling himself. I still don't get that joke, but I suppose you plant people have your own weird lingo..."

Gilmar stared at the boy, partially annoyed. He was slightly shocked but not that surprised. Of course the town knew of Josevet, an important figure to the town's history. However, it seems the boy knew Josevet through death. Perhaps the boy had the special type of magic that allowed ghostly conversation. Perhaps Josevet has been living among this Earth, guiding both them. Or perhaps the boy had his hands in the wrong place, using magic when it was our job as a human person to cure ourselves of it. Gilmar went from annoyed to disgusted; his face showing slight anger through a frown. He encountered a sinner trying to justify the use of the curses they were both with.

"Go away," He said bluntly. He then turned his back and walked away. Gilmar, feeling a bit guilty, wanted to be alone; even if he detected two children also in the woods playing with the trees that he can sense.

Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers SpicyBat SpicyBat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back