• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Odyssey-if (Closed)

Katarina took the letter as she stood up and looks at Lowe's lifeless body. "Alright. I'll do it." She looks down with disappointment on her face. She then looks at Lucien. "Don't ever compare me to you. I don't like the idea of someone dying and you just sent them without a care. So their blood is in your hands." She then looks at Lianna and Lowe and continues. "But playing me and the others to your death game. It just sickens me."

Katarina went down to Lianna with a worried face despite her own injuries. "I guess we got to hurry." She looks at Lianna. "You look familiar...."

"Sorry, you got the wrong idea here miss. I don't have any kahoots with anyone here. Didn't know this man's name either." Shaking her head, she sighed " I'm a foreinger in this land. You'd think paranoia would stop if I just simply go on with life not knowing anything?"

"Asking is different from begging, young lady. Begging means I'm desperate for MY life, you're sorely mistaken with that. If you had said no, then I would've drop him for you. I picked him because I thought he was the easiest one to pluck. My bad. Although, sorry for your loss as well."

She said it in a calm way, one might say too calm even.

Then Lucien began his offer. Lianna shrugged and shot the spell she was holding to the sky. "Eh, papers, a used disguise, and two scalpel daggers... Fine." she got off her chocobo and gave it to Shane. she patted shane on her shoulder then turned her back to feed her chocobo with what feed she has for them.

"Some years ago, a retired doctor found a wounded man. At the time she didn't know who it was since she was just a foreigner trying to find a reason why she survived the war while others didn't." She said in a loud voice for them to hear.

"She found solace in that small town, all she's known before was death and blood. But they gave her something else, empathy for life. but the man she saved, took their lives. she was left with grieving widowed mothers, who lost their husbands and children. Grieving husbands, Orphans and more..." she slowly looks at Lucien with a bitter smile.

"You took that away from me and yet here you are, making me feel sympathetic with these people who didn't even care for those poor civilian lives. " She looks at Shane, voided with emotion as she handed Lowe's things. "Have a nice day, because the civilians who died downthere sure didn't."

When Katarina arrived, despite being injured asked if she was alright.

"Compare to you, I'm well off. This lad however isn't." she went down from the chocobo.

"you look like you're dead tired and you ask me if I'm okay, weird kid."

'You won this time but not the war.'

Last edited:
- River Side -
"Lynch Wharf "

"Sure," Lucien chuckled at Katarina, "whatever helps you sleep at night."

Shane still looked like she didn't believe Lianna wasn't Lowe's friend or that she was sorry for Lucien's crew's loss, and nicked her hand away with her sword when she patted her shoulder, not enough to injure, but enough to bleed as a warning. "Really? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were ready to blow my head off if I had said no."

As Lianna told her story, and Shane moved to pat Katarina down and take her weapon, Lucien tilted his head for a moment as though he did not remember, then he perked up. "Oh that town . . . don't remember the name of that town . . . so you're . . . oh . . . Dr. Boston . . . I remember you. Well, this is awkward." he rocked on the balls of his feet, hands in his pockets. "I think that time, the baker's son stole my shoes . . . I went to his house and . . . things got out of hand. But then after that blood bath I realized I actually just misplaced it!" he laughed. "Oops. I admit --- that, that was my bad." he placed a hand over his heart and bowed his head, still keeping his eyes on her. "I hope one day you'll come to forgive me, just as I . . . forgive all of you for trying to kill me." he said simply. "And yes, have a nice day to you as well."

He clapped his hands, "Well, this ended pleasantly." He looked at the twin, "Shane, take everyone back home."

Lucien's men looted the dead civilians, while carefully laying theirs at the side of the street. More of his mooks came with chocobos and carts to secure the area and haul their loot and fallen further north of Lynch Wharf, some stealing fish off the stalls. Lucien watched over the proceedings carefully, then jumped down to where Ferro was unconscious and bleeding in the alley, a big gash across his back from Marley's greatsword. He kicked him over, looking at the eye. This special eye he had once implanted on this man. He didn't even remember his name.

He pulled out one of his blades and carved it out. "I'll give you a better master." he said to the eye, that twitched.

And then they were gone.

After this, as Katarina and Lianna made their way across Lynch Wharf with the body of Low, an unconscious Ferro, and the rest of the casualties who were heading topside to seek better medical aid, they got the sense that they were being followed again, but it stopped when they left the crime ridden district. And they found themselves in the early morning sun safe above the cliffs in the merrier part of the city.

- EPISODE ONE END -
"Everyone Level Up! +1 Roleplay Point, +1 Attribute Point"
Cebel Cebel Chigetsu Chigetsu MiChuu MiChuu Rabernous Rabernous

fantasy-women-elf-ears-hoodie-painting-wallpaper-preview.jpg
"Episode Two: Where the Crown Leads Us"

What would you like to do?

Art by Wlop

"I messed up. I finally had a chance to avenge myself and here I am again, slumped down, bleeding, and my ears are still ringing from the blow."
That was the final thoughts Ferro had as he slumped down the alleyway, the blood painting what had happened.
He had always faced down death every single day when he was left to the mercy of the most cunning and merciless beasts, and yet now here he was, at the edge and just waiting to fall.

"Ringing... ringing..." "..aw! Caw!" "Caw! Caw!"
Then he felt a small thump of breath, then another, then another. It was a rapidly growing pulse inside his chest as Ferro felt his body start to move.
He could feel his breath make his fingers twitch ever so faintly, then his hands grew to feebly shake.
This was it. "By some divine intervention I escaped yet death again" he thought to himself. He readied himself again with renewed vigor to live another day, and had opened his eyes.
A flash of pain blinded him, enough to jolt his whole body awake in shock.

"Crows!" Ferro yelled in shock.

When he had realized that it was simply a flock of them flying to who knows where, Ferro found himself in an unfamiliar place that did not have that tinge of shadiness he was used to.
Plopping back on his bed, the huge gash on his back had sent another wave of pulsing pain.
He felt something was missing, until he realized he no longer had what little residue of unusable mana inside him.

"M...my eye..."

He felt the hole in what used to be where the enchanted eye was, and sure enough, he had put two and two together. The eye was useless ever since it went on the fritz and took Ferro's vision with it, but the magic had ingrained itself in him, and he felt every bit of it gone. The huge gash on his back wasn't forgotten, as the moment he jumped back on his feet the sharp pains were there to remind him.

"I need to track them down soon" He not-too-immediately realized, and set his priorities aside to visit the healers in the area.

Last edited:
- Dr. Lulu's Cottage -
"Frostfire Festival, Topside, City of Winterlight"

It had been eight hours since the battle. The afternoon sunlight sparkled through the icicles hanging from the tiled roofs of stone and wooden houses on the city's frosted topside. Passersby walking along the streets had been alarmed at the more than dozen injured people coming up from Lynch Wharf, including a couple of Crownsguards who asked them what happened and helped the injured to the nearest healer's home: a Dr. Lulu who lived just two blocks northwest from the southern downward path that lead to Lynch Wharf.

"Hey, hey, easy, fella." said the goblin doctor who sported a neon blue mohawk, pushing Ferro back down. "You'll open up your stitches!" she clucked her tongue, glancing at Lianna, her old acquaintance. "I tell ya, this wasn't how I imagined us meeting again, Li, but then again, when have we ever met at normal circumstances?" she looked at her cottage that was empty this morning save for a couple of old folks having therapy, now crammed with the injured from the Lynchwharf dockside battle. Her only assistants, her goblin husband and a human caretaker in her forties who had a sweet plump motherly face about her were moving around tending to the patients.

The doctor's small cottage was encased in a garden, surrounded by high stone walls that gave her patients privacy and peace from the outside. It was modest, with the first floor turned into a clinic filled with simple short double bunk beds with clockwork gears that allowed the top ones to swing down and the bottom to rise up at comfortable goblin height, and large therapy room for the elderly, with the three other rooms down here being the kitchen, a surgery room recently cleaned and disinfected from operating on Lowe hours ago to keep his body in good condition for revival so that he doesn't die again from his wounds, and a door that lead to a basement downstairs. The second floor was a private space, their personal home that people weren't allowed to visit.

Lowe had been revived, the crown returned to the surprised but suspicious guards who immediately told the princess. They had come back down to tell Katarina that she and her crew were invited to the feast later this evening to talk about the crown and the circumstances around Lucien and to not tell anyone about their planned meeting. After that a package had been delivered to Dr. Lulu's gate, left there by a stranger who turned a corner and melded into the crowd. And there was the phoenix down.

They had revived Lowe after that, and now Dr. Lulu's husband was tending to him, giving him some exercise to shake the early onset of rigor mortis off.

Now, Ouutside the wooden gate, they could see the crowd gathering for Princess Camilla's parade. It should be loud, but whatever enchantment was in this home, they heard nothing of the outside world.

Cebel Cebel MiChuu MiChuu Rabernous Rabernous Chigetsu Chigetsu

"Haaaaugh," Lowe gasped for air with every breath. Every movement cracked- every inhale creaked in the most uncomfortable way.

Sure he had bit the dust, the hazy sight of waking up under someone's roof rather than over it confused his recently revived mind.
Could he have managed to survive through sheer willpower alone? No- impossible. He was sure that Death has taken him and yet here he was, assisted by a goblin stranger to get himself back to proper form. Reminded of what he saw Lucien pull on the grounds below(together with the sheer pain of a punctured lung and multiple arrow wounds), he could only think of one explanation.
Pheonix Down, he thought.

He dispelled his musings, eager to get back at the masked fiend, as well as the archer who surely did a number to him. Ignoring Ferro's attempt to rise from his bed, he slowly got up from his own as soon as his caretaker turned his back. He tiptoed, stealthily making his way out all the while scanning the room for something,

A realization halted him in his steps as a question he tried to swallow down came right up and out of his mouth.

"...where be my things?"

"Same as always Lulu, you're as kind as ever." Lianna smiled weakly as her old friend tend to the wounded.

"At least let me repay you back with helping the wounded. It's the least thing I could do for you." she added as her gaze turns to the newly conscious Ferro.

"At least you're awake now. Losing blood can make you sluggish and you basically fell unconscious for 8 hours. You thirsty? I can fetch you some water, if you like."

"That'd be much appreciated, thanks...Lianna, was it?" Ferro blurted, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he sat back on his bed.

As he managed to cool himself off, and glancing at Lowe's confusion, Ferro realizes that his backpack is nowhere to be found too. Still, wouldn't hurt to ask around, starting with one of the caretakers.

"Hey lady, you seen a backpack around here? yea big, about as tattered as a rag and some rope wrapped around it"

- Dr. Lulu's Cottage -
"Frostfire Festival, Topside, City of Winterlight"

"Out in the gardens next to the chocobo dear, there are bags hanging next to the saddle." said the plump motherly looking nurse, looking back at him. Then she saw that Lowe disappeared. "The revived is gone. Where'd he go?" She looked around.

Ferro would find things missing in his bag, most noticibly his weapons were nowhere to be found. Lowe's things were there too and he was also missing precious items.

Meanwhile Dr. Lulu smiled at Lianna. "I would appreciate that. You'll be recompensed too. It's complicated to get anywhere in this city without silvers. Your friends, if they are your friends, would they be interested in a job too?"

Cebel Cebel Rabernous Rabernous MiChuu MiChuu

Lianna nodded in affirmation of her identity as she walked her way to the beverage available. Talking a glass of water, she returns back to Ferro and placed the drink on the side table beside his bed.

"It would be nice to do some jobs while we're recouperating. It would certainly help me calm down with helping the injured, as for my... companions here, it's actually up to them whether they want to help or not." she replied to Lulu.

"Speaking of belongings, I'd just like to bring the consequense of our latest stunt. Lucien, 'showed' mercy, pity, whatever it was on us and made a bargain. We never go back to that area, and give up some of our things and weapons in exchange for our lives."

Her eyes darkened "Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I lost my right hand and relenquished my guns for freedom to live in this place. He would've been dead a long time ago. A well placed bullet between his eyes and he is gone for good."

Noticing how dark she's going she backtracked and gave a tired smile. " So yes. We survived but not without a price. That's always has been the point in life. Dr. Lulu and I met a year after I left my country to live in this one. One of the few remaining reasons why I don't regret going here."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back