What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Odyssey-if (Private)

Dice System
Custom

Chigetsu

New Member
Katarina's smile was suddenly turned to a hopeful glee as she conversed with the bartender and Akashi. "You sounded like you know what he is capable off." She leans on the bar table slightly and continues. "But you know, if no one would do something about these troubles around us, then we have failed this world that we live in." She gleefully released a chuckle as she continues. "Of course, that's just what my master had said." She finishes a drink and she bows slightly. "It is still my fault for causing such a ruckus. I apologize."

The two patrons who are listening to their conversation had joined in and talks about Princess Carmilla. The two had a back to back argument about her and her rule. Katarina decided to step in between them. "Calm down now. Both of you have a point. Why don't we just have a drink and hope for the best, yes?" She made a toast with them and had another order of drink.

After she had made the two patrons calm down, she was greeted by a scarlet-haired girl who she had noticed that payed for the patron's drinks. "Nice to meet you, the name's Katarina. I gotta admit. I did lost my cool back there. Very unlikely of me, ehehe." She laughs as she scratches her head.
 

Cebel

New Member
While the place was buzzing with commotion as Katarina chatted up the bartender and Lianna, Ferro slips out of the bar to see where Lucien and the big lumbering fellow went, cursing under his breath for such luck.
'That jerk's on to me.' Ferro thought as he saw the big man walk his boss right out the tavern. 'Maybe I should look where that cloak and cap kid went too, no one goes to a tavern for a drink and jump back out the streets. He probably knows something I don't, and that's good enough for me."

Ferro circles around the tavern and checks out the map for possible places Lucien might've gone.
 

Rabernous

Leeroy? Jenkins.
Noticing the fishermen too busy with the rest of the crowd, Lowe decides to makes his way from fish stall to fish stall, rubbing his chin while looking at the produce. He spends minutes on each stall, nodding or shaking his head, occasionally asking the price of certain fishes that he'll probably waste on some stew.

Of course, fish for dinner is the last thing on his mind right now. He takes a passing glances at the mob boss. He also scans the environment for anything interesting and takes in the location. Street name. Details. Landmarks. People.

'So many armed guards on a fish market...' he contemplates as he sized up the situation. '...so many weapons I can "borrow,"' he raised an eyebrow in amusement.

He stops at a stall about 30 meters away from Lucien- the man in clearer view now, with just a few more people and stalls providing cover. He looks at the produce and spots a freshwater fish, probably an eel of some sort.

"Now this I like," he nodded, carrying it with two hands. "Say, what dish do ya recommend this type o' fish fer?" he asked the hawker.
 

MiChuu

lil miss scaredy-cat
Lianne laughed a bit with Katarina's sheepish like admision. "Right, tends to happen from time to time, tension gets the better of us... So I propose..." then paused for a bit.

"How about we do some sight seeing, who knows we might find something interesting! Like that shop the chief told me earlier?"


'Please say yes and don't be weirded out. This is my disguise atm, and I'm going to keep in character until the gig is up.' She thought as she kept smiling.
 

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
- River Side -
"Lynch Wharf "

Ferro spotted Lucien and Marley walking all casual down the street heading north towards the riverside, and that wasn't all he was being followed. Him and the capped kid he decided to tail. Two of them, twin archer women on the roofs were watching and waiting, but with a slip and a weave through the crowds and maze like streets, Ferro and Lowe lost the two.

And there was Lucien, alone, standing in the middle of Wetfish Street, river to the west, the rest of the wharf to the east. Waiting, catching the glances of passersby and stall owners who, with a jolt of recognition hurried away, or closed shop. Still it was crowded, as word slowly spread that something was about to go down with one of the infamous crooks in the wharf just standing there looking like he was waiting for someone to turn up for a showdown. But when ten minutes passed and nothing happened, everybody seemed to relax.

And then Lowe saw them, two black haired lady archers, twins by the look of them, decked for battle with short swords were signaling another archer, a werecat, all of them a sprint and climb away from him, the twins on the south and the werecat on the east on the roofs, moving in as quickly and secretly as they could to surround him, bows at the ready. Ferro saw only the two on the south behind him. All of them don't seem to notice that the ones they're trying to surround have noticed them. And there was one more both Lowe and Ferro noticed, who failed to hide his big bulk. There was an odd barrel in an ally way twenty meters left of Lucien. It was odd, because Marley's familiar shoe and the side of his belly was poking out of it, but not in a natural way. It was clipping through, as though the barrel was an illusion. He was restlessly moving around inside, clipping in and out of it, and they can see the tip of some great sword in front of his shoe.

And still Lucien just stood there.

"I recommend a boullabaise with that there red snapper." said the oblivious hawker to Lowe conversationally. "Nice hot fish during winter, some soup, and blankets, mm~ Can't get better than that kid."

@Rabernous @Cebel

Battles are composed of rounds, and rounds are 6 seconds long. Each round, characters have 1 minor action, and 1 major action. You can interchange the order of the two. Now, there is no initiative nor post order. People can reply any time.

When you reply, please leave your post open ended, because the GM will control the enemies and see if your attacks hit. When you write your post, please make them detailed so that I know what you want to happen and will act the enemies accordingly if your actions succeed.

And then you roll.

After this, wait until the GM ends the round. The GM rolls last, rolling for all the opponents, and summarizing what happened in an end-of-the-round post.

Now, since there is no post order, how do you know which attack hits first? There is no such thing unless you spend 1 Mp and make your attack "Quick" where your attack strikes first if your attack roll is higher than your opponent's. OR if you hold your action this round in order to attack at a specific time during the next. So, all the damage that happen in a round happen simultaneously when the GM summarizes what happened.

So, let's say you posted last, and allies have attacked and you want to use magic to give +1 to their rolls. You can still do that even though you posted late, since all the damage, all the + and - to rolls will be tallied at the end of the round.

After the GM writes the end-of-the-round-summary, round 2 begins.


MINOR ACTIONS:
*You can also perform any minor action using a major action.
  1. Hide or Find | Make a dexterity roll to "Hide" when opponents don't have a direct line of sight of you, making you immune to non-area attacks. Or make an intelligence roll to "Find" hidden things and see through illusions.
  2. Move | Travel to 1 adjacent area (cottage distance, or 1/4th of a football field). Or "Take cover" staying in the same area, penalizing ranged and area-effect attackers with -2 to their rolls against you.
  3. Resist | Make a roll to end one affliction. You can spend additional 1 Mp for every extra 1 affliction you wish to end. You can do this for an ally in their stead.
  4. Save| Take an attack you are aware of in your ally's place, protecting them. If the attack was lower than your Evasion, you do not take damage. Or "Team Up", giving up your entire turn and granting 1 ally who is in the same area as you advantage to their next roll. Ally rolls 2d12 and picks the best result. This can stack up to 3d12, if two allies give up their turn for you.

MAJOR ACTIONS:
  1. Attack |Neutralize a target non-lethally or lethally. Attacks from a hidden position are "Sneak Attacks", and reveals you, but allows you to secretly pull the target into the shadows if they are within arm's reach and silence them. You may spend 1 Mp to make either attacks "Quick", where your attack strikes first if your roll is higher than your opponent's.
  2. Guard | Go on the defensive, doubling your shield's evasion bonus and adding the hit bonus of your weapon to your Evasion. You may Guard an ally instead of yourself.
  3. Use Item | Use an item in your inventory, or change 2 equipped items except for armor. Changing only 1 item is a minor action.

SPELLS:
Spells are considered a major action, unless stated otherwise, and can be combined with your actions. Spells are cast on 1 target by default, and have a casting range = weapon range. Non-area spells manifest as missiles, and will not hit targets that are behind obstacles. Area spells have friendly fire on.
  1. Cost: 1 Mp
    +1 or -1 to roll
    +1 or -1 to evasion
  2. Cost: 2 Mp
    +1 or -1 damage
    +1 target (Max = Intelligence)
    Manipulate target. No damage.
    Alter target. No damage.
  3. Cost: 3 Mp
    Alter small area: Cottage size. No damage.
    Manipulate small area: Cottage size. No damage.
    Continuous: Lasts for a number of hours = Intelligence or until your concentration is broken. Continuous spells always require a major action to maintain each round.


The same spell effect cannot be multiplied, except for +1 target. You can combine any of the effects as long as you have manna to spend for each effect. Every magical effect lasts 2 battle rounds or 12 seconds before reverting back to normal, unless it is a continuous spell. Continuous spells require concentration, and they end when your concentration is broken by receiving an attack higher than your spell power, falling unconscious, casting another spell, or using your major action for something else. Spells are also obvious when you cast them, requiring a dexterity roll to cast them stealthily.

Altering and Manipulation
The magical effects characters can do without enchanted items in this Roleplay are low-key. The limit is level 1 to level 6 D&D spells, where the spell level effect you can perform is limited by your character's Intelligence. So a character with 2 INT can only cast spells of the same power as level 2 D&D spells.

These spells that alter and manipulate things, are spells that do not affect rolls nor harm a target unless the alter or manipulation effect was combined with any of the +1/-1 effects. Examples are shrinking something to mouse size, doubling something's size, detecting if the objects you see have a magical aura, casting an illusion over yourself that changes your appearance but not your general body structure, walking on water, and the like. Here is a link with a list of D&D spells: SPELLS

Now, we are not limited to D&D. If the magical effect reasonably falls into the spell level your character can do, then it can happen.
 
Last edited:

Chigetsu

New Member
"Well I'd love to, specially if it is about food, but I am looking for someone, really. And I think I should not be wasting any more time." Katarina bows and proceeds to the back door to where Lucien used several minutes ago. "Maybe we can stroll, some other time." She adds before proceeding.

Katarina looks for a secluded alleyway and then proceeds to focus after going to a stance. A slight gust of wind blew from Katarina before jumping as if she powered up. She easily traversed the establishments towards the rooftops, making her way to the highest point possible. After 5 minutes of looking, she spotted Lucien by the riverside and some familiar faces from the bar just few meters away from him, surrounded.

'Are those guys after Lucien too?' She mumbled to herself as she asses the opposition.
 

Rabernous

Leeroy? Jenkins.
"Ooh, just the thought makes me mouth water~ How much for this lot?" the fox-eared boy licked his chops, keeping a calm voice towards the fishmonger.

The tufts of hair on his head twitch nervously as he scanned the entire block. Spotting the twin archers and the werecat, together with an unmistakable barrel of Pudding Man, his eyes widen.

'I been found out. Shoot'.

"Thanks! I'll be sure to share this with me cat." he takes his produce from the man and turns from the stall, pretending not to notice the ambush.

"Say... erm... help a tourist, wouldja? This place always have this much heat?" the boy asked nonchalantly. Beneath his cloak, he takes a broadhead arrow from his waist quiver and holds it by the shaft in an icepick grip on one hand. He moves his hip, pointing the maneuver gear's hook to one of the twins, hidden beneath a shroud of fabric.

Health: 4 /4| Evasion: 5 | Spell Power: 5 |Manna: 6/6| Accuracy: (roll)+4
Condition
:
 
Last edited:

MiChuu

lil miss scaredy-cat
Lianna blinked owlishly as the ravennette politely refused and sighed in defeat as Katarina left the premise.

'annnnd there she goes, not even hiding any intent huh.' she blankly looked at the door then shrugged.

"Oh well, that's too bad I guess... I guess I go out on my own have some festive fun." she said to herself as she looked at the barman and waived "See ya later, I'll check out the rest of the town to do some sight seeing." then left the tavern walking.


She looked around like any tourist she thought would. Never lingering in one place for too long and when she finds something interesting she stays a bit more but leaves as well.


Subtly checking out if someone's following her. ' Call me paranoid but I ain't the type to let my guard down just because I thought no one found me suspicious.' her wandering led her back to the food stalls and asked some locals about what's the tournament about.

'Damn it, where the hell is that asshole?'
she thought and cursed internally while she conversed for them a bit.

hoping that whatever she finds be another way to bring that man down.

'A swift death is too kind for you and cruel to those you've hurt. I will break whatever chains you've already made here before finishing you off then I can peacefully rest for good. Do me a favor and show me a sign where you are.'
 

Chigetsu

New Member
"You guys took your time." She stood up and turned around towards her pursuers. She quickly gazed upon each one of them and made a quick assessment of their weapons, armor, and possible capabilities. "Perfect timing, I just had a hearty meal." A gust of wind blew as she bumps her fists which made her golden knuckles transform and covers to her wrist. Her skin evidently turns more red. Her pursuers can feel the same thing that she let out at the Tavern. She's oozing bloodlust as her flowery and cheerful smile transforms into a menacing, maniacal, smirk.

Her fighting style "Jiken" consists of removing limiters from her body and improves her physical prowess. Her martial arts style is made to take advantage of this phenomenon. Katarina's body, however takes an equal drawback of how much power gained by releasing the limiters. Katarina, however, can cover this by eating much more than the average person. She is already a foodie at heart since she was little, and this turned natural for her during her training days.
 

Cebel

New Member
Ferro could feel some tension rising, and the largely obvious barrel wasn't helping. Everything added up in Ferro's mind, with the kid right in the middle of it all
'We've got some sort of a standoff' he thinks to himself, promising to keep mum this time.
He starts scanning the scene, thinking of things to put to his advantage, maybe an octopus to throw Lucien off-guard, maybe a bucket to fend off the twin's arrows.

Ultimately he decides to ready his trusty daggers, bones both sharpened and worn-down from saving his life time and time again.
 

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
- Round 1 -

Lucien started to sing out of nowhere, and many things happened at once.

"Do you wanna put up a fight?' Or do you wanna get out alive?

Ferro and Lowe were rained with arrows.

"Everybody's picking a side"

Just as they both felt cold steel stab their backs and attempt to drag them into the alleyways; the illusion of Lucien on the middle of the street vanished, and Lowe realized that the black-nail polished hand clapping over his mouth belonged to none other than him. "And this can only end one way." he whispered in his ear.

People screamed, ducked, as arrows missed and struck passersby, running away from Lowe, Ferro, Lucien, and one of his lackeys wrestling with them. Marley rushed out of the barrel illusion to protect his boss.

A block away, the archers stopped pursuing Katarina and kept their distance of a sprint away from her on the roofs and fired their arrows, while the swordsman with the shield stayed close, guarding them. "So did you, girlie!" yelled the swordsman.

Somewhere, Lianna, who sensed nobody following her, was too far to hear the commotion.

Versus Lowe
  1. Twin Archer 1 --> minor action: take cover +2 evasion against range, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?

  2. Twin Archer 2 --> minor action: take cover +2 evasion against range, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage.
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4|| Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?

  3. Lucien --> minor action: attack, major action: attack
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: ?/? || Str: ?| Dex: ?| Int: ?| Accuracy: ?

Versus Ferro
  1. Werecat Archer --> minor action: take cover +2 evasion against range, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?

  2. Twin Dagger Guy --> minor action: attack, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?

  3. Marley --> Guard Lucien
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: ?/? || Str: ?| Dex: ?| Int: ?| Accuracy: ?
Versus Katarina
  1. Archer 1 --> minor action: +2 evasion against range, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?

  2. Archer 2 --> minor action: take cover +2 evasion against range, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?

  3. Swordsman Shield --> Spend 1 Mp to Guard both archers.
    Health: ? | Evasion: ? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 3/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Accuracy: ?
 
Last edited:

Chigetsu

New Member
'A basic melee and ranged formation, I can do this.' Katarina think to herself after assessing her assailants. She tried to evade the arrows by making a hop step to the side and makes a run towards the Shielder as she attempts to do a crossover, trying to get past to reach the Archers.

Katarina
Major: Attack (Shielder): outmaneuver the shielder while dodging the arrow shower of the archers.
Minor: move closer to the closest archer.

Weapon: 1 Damage, 2 HIT
Modifiers: Proficiencies: +2 Weapon, +2 Combat
HP: 5/5 | EVA: 5 | SP: 4 | MP: 4/4
 
Last edited:

Cebel

New Member
Ferro knew he would come across some trouble from the twins, but he clearly underestimated his old boss.
'Still every bit as crafty and merciless...' he mutters to himself. Readying as he throws himself again into a scrap, he pulls out his daggers for the thug with glorified cutlery.

"Out of my way, worm!"

Versus Twin Dagger Guy:
Minor: Move: sidestep to avoid incoming attack
Major: Attack: Counterattack with a stab to the side

Modifiers: Accuracy - 1,
HP: 5 | EVA: 5 | SP: 4 | MP: 4
 

Rabernous

Leeroy? Jenkins.
Lowe's eyes widened in shock as he realized his mark right behind him.

'Sonnuva-!'

He launched the maneuver gear's left hook towards one of the archers, hoping to pull them down. In quick succession, he fired the other just near the archer's original location. The cables zip towards their respective targets, and Lowe bent his legs for a massive leap.

Health: 4 /4| Evasion: 5 | Spell Power: 5 |Manna: 6/6| Accuracy: 11(1d12 roll)+4= 15
Condition
:

Versus Twin Archer 1
Major Action: Maneuver gear attack: Pull light target towards original location
Minor Action: Leap towards Twin Archer 1's original location
 

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
- Round 2 -

The cables snagged the one twin out of the cover and yanked her. She crashed on the streets like a ragdoll and did not get up, at the same time an arrow sparking with lightning from her sister struck Lowe right under the ribs, shocking him, just as he leaped to where the now dead twin was moments before, escaping Lucien's grasp.

"Sister!" said the twin close to where he was. She glared at Lowe in anguish and rage, drawing her short sword.

Lucien grinned up at Lowe who was passing out. Blood dripped from the blade hidden under his sleeve, as he continued to sing. "Would you give the devil this dance? Would you be a part of his plans?" he rummaged in his pocket and took out a phoenix feather. "Now you got some blood on your hands, well this can only end one way~" he crushed it muttering a spell that surrounded the fallen twin in golden flames that were healing her wounds. "Marley, protect Anna, I'm going hunting. " Then he withdrew back into the alley and out of sight.

"Got it boss!" said Marley and moved over his big bulk to protect the archer twin who gasped as her broken bones realigned, and she sat up, alive. "Hey, girl, get it together. Take out that guy." he nodded at Ferro.

She looked around still out of it, but shakily grabbed her fallen bow and aimed at him.

Meanwhile, the one that had stabbed Ferro was pushed off, daggers expertly disarmed and with a stab to the side, the man crumpled on the floor, bleeding out.

"Come on, mince meat, I'm over here!" Marley challenged him. "Boss told me about you and him." he nodded at Lowe. "How's that eye treating ya? It was a waste giving it to a failure. Looks like you're gonna fail again and for the last time." he laughed.

In the other block, Katarina swiftly side-stepped the shield bearing swordsman and wham! knocked the teeth of the one archer, and he rolled down the roof, snagging on a rain gutter where he hung precariously off the roof edge, unmoving.

"She's fast!" said the swordsman. "Switch tactics!"

The archer who was left quickly drew out her short sword, muttering a spell that made frost surge up the length of the blade, while he chanted a spell in unison and runes of guiding glowed on his blade. Then they charged, one going high, the other low in a sweeping arc for her gauntlets.

@Cebel @Rabernous @Chigetsu
Versus ??
  1. Lucien --> major action: use item, revive Archer 1---> minor action: hide
    Health: 1+? | Evasion: 7+? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 11/12 || Str: ?| Dex: 6| Int: 6| Dual Hidden Blades: +1 hit, 1 dmg
    Proficiency Dual-Wielding: +2
    Proficiency Combat: +2
    Proficiency Larceny: +2
    Armor (Light): +1 evasion?, +1 Hp
Versus Lowe
  1. Twin Archer 2 --> Minor action: switch to short sword --> Major action: Attack unconscious Lowe, automatic -1 death save.
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 2/4|| Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Short Sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.
Versus Ferro
  1. Werecat Archer --> minor action: aim +2 hit, -1 evasion, major action: attack spending 2 manna to afflict Ferro with -1 damage if it hits.
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 0/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Bow: +0 hit, 1 dmg.

  2. Twin Dagger Guy --> minor action: attack, major action: attack spending 2 manna to have +1 damage
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 2/4 || Str: 2| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Twin daggers: +1 hit, 1 dmg.


  3. Marley --> Major action: Guard Archer 1 --> Minor action: take 1 attack in archer 1's place.
    Health: 1+? | Evasion: 3+? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: ?/? || Str: ?| Dex: ?| Int: ?| Great Sword: +0 hit, 2 dmg, 1 dmg slam.
    Proficiency Survival: +2
    Proficiency Heavy: +2
    Armor (Light): +1 evasion?, +1 Hp

  4. Twin Archer 1 (revived by Lucien) - Minor action: aim +2 hit, -1 evasion
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 2/4 || Str: 2| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Bow: +0 hit, 1 dmg.
Versus Katarina
  1. Archer 1 -
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 2/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Bow: +0 hit, 1 dmg.


  2. Archer 2 --> minor action: switch to short sword --> Major action: attack Katarina, and spend 2 Mp to afflict her with -1 damage if it hits.
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 0/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| short sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.

  3. Swordsman Shield --> Major action: attempt to disarm Katarina with -1 to hit and spend 1 Mp for +1 to hit --> Minor action: save archer 2
    Health: ? | Evasion: 6 | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: 2| Dex: 2| Int: 2|sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.
 

MiChuu

lil miss scaredy-cat
"Woooh, no one seems to have followed me. Good disguise. nice nice"

she went out of the town and got her chocobo, who was waiting for her patiently. she climbed over the chocobo and saddled up. This bird has white feather tips making them look like cream white instead of light yellow.


"Sorry dear, I got too excited. Good news though I have a lodging to stay in for a day. Come on, I'll have to look for a place for you to stay." apologizing to the cooing mount.

"hup!" Lianna said as she signaled her chocobo to start running back to the bar.

some time after that she got off the chocobo. " Stay here dear and behave."

"kweeeh!" it comfirmed as it sat near the wall outside of the tavern.

She then proceeded to go back in and asked.
"Hiya chief do you have a place for a chocobo to rest? I kinda remembered I left poor thing near the entrance."
 

Rabernous

Leeroy? Jenkins.
Lowe grits his teeth, reeling from the pain. He looked back at the masked man singing, raising the woman who splattered with a phoenix feather and curing her wounds.

He barely managed to land on all fours on the roof he was anchored in, almost crashing from the momentum.
He pushed out one of the arrows that hit him. "Ngh! Bastard!"

His vision was blurred. A smoky silhouette on the roof draws a smudge off her belt- most likely ready to avenge her twin.

The vision dims, flashing black and on. His body betrayed him- uncooperative, no matter how much he wills it.
'Come on.... Move....!!!'


Health: 0 /4| Evasion: 5 | Spell Power: 5 |Manna: 6/6| Accuracy: N/A
Condition
: Incapacitated

Versus Twin Archer 1
-1 Death save from attack
Death save: 4(1d12)+3(Str)= 7
 

MiChuu

lil miss scaredy-cat
Before she could even hear a reply, her attention got distracted by the commotion going on outside.

the screams of people not to go to the lynch warf.

'Oh no... not again!' without any hestitation, she goes out and jumps to her mount. fixing her saddle, she squeezed her legs ordering. it to move.


"Dear, let's go. Hiyaa!"

while there was chaos on the streets, she got her mount jump , she took advantage of it took off her hat and wig. Revealing a wavy blue hair.

she placed it in her bag properly.

then she removed the ribbon tie and used it to tie her hair. before she finally reach her destination. She looked like an entirely different person.

she then tries to scan the area for other hostiles and civilians who are currently hurt.

she spotted everyone but Lucien.

But her eyes zoned in at two figures. One on the ground, and the other about to attack.

she squeezed her legs to have th chocobo pick up the pace.


'Spirits don't let me fail another person...'
5 + 4+ 2= 11
 
Last edited:

Chigetsu

New Member
Katarina knocked an archer out of the fight but she couldn't dodge the arrows properly and one of them grazed deep on her side abdomen. With two of her targets going all out on her and no way to avoid them, she decided to fight it out. However, with the damage she took and her special skill taking it's toll, she decided to finish this fast. She evidently powers up, blowing a gust of wind around her as her enemies approach her. She saw the Shielder going for a helmbreaker while the Archer, simultaneously, goes for a mid slash. She quickly lunged at them and does a quick spinning Roundhouse Kick on them hitting the Archer and then the Shielder, interrupting their attack.

Katarina:
Quick Major: Attack: Hit's both Archer 2 and Shielder. Spends 3MP
Quick Minor: Moves away from them. Spends 1MP

Weapon: 1 Damage, 2 HIT
Modifiers: Proficiencies: +2 Weapon, +2 Combat
HP: 1/5 | EVA: 5 | SP: 4 | MP: 0/4
 
Last edited:

Cebel

New Member
"Well you're right about something." Ferro remarks as he slips the dagger out of the bleeding novice, pale from the deep wound.
Glancing at the dying man "This is definitely the last time I'll fail." Ferro said. "I'll be strolling up to him when I'm done with you lot."

With a quick heave and a deft twist, Ferro lifts the man's body and rushes the werecat, shielding himself from the arrows.

Versus Werecat Archer:
Major: Guard: Pick up Twin Dagger Guy to use as a shield
Minor: Move: Dash to Werecat Archer


Modifiers:
HP: 3/5 | EVA: 5 | SP: 4 | MP: 4
 

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
- Round 3 -

A blur of cream white knocked back the twin, and there in Lianna's arms was the capped kid, blood gushing out like a faucet out of four pierce wounds, his eyes glassy and unfocused. He was dead.

"What the?! We've got another one!" yelled the twin angrily. She glanced down, relieved to see her sister is alright, then cast a spell that made runes of guiding glow on her blade. She took a stance ready to cut down Lianna's escape birb.

Meanwhile, two bodies were sent flying away from the roof top from Katarina's roundhouse. She had defeated her opponents. She can see close by, a cream white chocobo running away from the scene, a wavy blue haired rider with the bleeding capped kid in her arms. Behind them, an archer was lining up her shot.

And then Lucien leaped up and on to the edge of the roof, looking straight at the runaway birb. Then saw Katarina. "I assume all of you are friends. I know why those two boys were after me. You though and her, are a mystery. Why are you after me Katarina?" he tilted his head.

Northwest of them, the werecat's arrow struck the body Ferro had used as a shield, while Marley went, "Hey!" and chased after him. "All bark and no bite, you're cornered, boy." And swung his greatsword. The recently revived twin followed behind, then released her shot.

The werecat cursed, switching to a shortsword, then grinned when he saw reinforcements. "Placed yourself between a rock and a hard place, eye-guy." And slashed in unison with Marley in a cross strike.


@Cebel @Rabernous @Chigetsu @MiChuu
South Shanty Rooftops
  1. vs LIANNA's CHOCOBO. Twin Archer 2 --> Major action: Attack chocobo, spend 1 manna for +1 hit -->Minor action: Switch to bow.
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 1/4|| Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| short sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.

  2. vs KATARINA. Lucien --> Entire turn, went up and reappeared on the roof top.
    Health: 1+? | Evasion: 7+? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 11/12 || Str: ?| Dex: 6| Int: 6| Dual Hidden Blades: +1 hit, 1 dmg
    Proficiency Dual-Wielding: +2
    Proficiency Combat: +2
    Proficiency Larceny: +2
    Armor (Light): +1 evasion?, +1 Hp
  3. vs KATARINA. Archer 2 --> minor action: switch to short sword --> Major action: attack Katarina, and spend 2 Mp to afflict her with -1 damage if it hits.
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 0/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| short sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.
  4. vs KATARINA. Swordsman Shield --> Major action: attempt to disarm Katarina with -1 to hit and spend 1 Mp for +1 to hit --> Minor action: save archer 2
    Health: ? | Evasion: 6 | Spell Power: ?|Manna: 2/4 || Str: 2| Dex: 2| Int: 2|sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.
West Shanties
  1. vs FERRO. Werecat Archer --> minor action: switch short sword. major action: attack
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 0/4 || Str: ?| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Short Sword: +2 hit, 1 dmg.

  2. vs FERRO. Marley --> Minor action: move--> Major action: Attack spending +1 manna for +1 hit.
    Health: 1+? | Evasion: 3+? | Spell Power: ?|Manna: ?/? || Str: ?| Dex: ?| Int: ?| Great Sword: +0 hit, 2 dmg, 1 dmg slam.
    Proficiency Survival: +2
    Proficiency Heavy: +2
    Armor (Light): +1 evasion?, +1 Hp

  3. vs FERRO. Twin Archer 1 (revived by Lucien) - Minor action: move --> major action: attack with +2 from previous aim, spend 1Mp for +1 hit
    Health: 1 | Evasion: 4 | Spell Power: 4|Manna: 3/4 || Str: 2| Dex: 2| Int: 2| Bow: +0 hit, 1 dmg.
Center Docks Street

East River

North Shanties
 
Last edited:

Rabernous

Leeroy? Jenkins.
"What..?"

The young man whispered as he felt himself being lifted off the ground. His vision remained hazy.
'So this what death feels like?' he contemplated, his ailing body too winded to do anything.
He chuckled. 'Well... this is strangely comforting.'

Looking back, it was a pretty dumb move of him. What was he expecting to do? He wasn't some one-man army. Not even an exceptional scout, no. A sharp pain from his back served as an annoying reminder of the monster that slithered behind his back and struck true. Ironic really. He was hoping to end Lucien, but here he was; dying like the lowlife that he is.

'Kids... if you're ever home... I'm sorry. Looks like Pa's not going home tonight.'

Health: 0 /4| Evasion: 5 | Spell Power: 5 |Manna: 6/6| Accuracy: N/A
Condition
: Incapacitated

Death save: 4(1d12)+3(Str)= 7
 

MiChuu

lil miss scaredy-cat
'Got 'im'


"Kwwwweeeeeh!" they try to pick up the pace she then checks his pulse.

"..."

She then takes a sharp turn facing the archer. raising her right hand towards the archer, she growled in anger"Pede Poena Claudo" as a sickly green orb began to form.

"Neither of us has qualms for each other. But since you raised your bow against me, you honestly think I wouldn't do the same? He's dead, what else could you hope for?" She hissed at the archer. " Let me go and tend to those who are still breathing. Let me go and bury those who are dead. I didn't come here to fight but I will if I must." face impassive as the spells grows stronger.

'You're not my target and It's not my plan for today to take a potshot to my target either. so for the love of whatever deity you believe in. stand down'

Health: 4
Evasion: 4
Spell attack: 6
MP: 8-1/8



Major: Eldricth Blast yo foo.
9 + 1
-1 evasion for you, my dear target. hope your head is hard enough not to get a concussion.

non-lethal
 
Last edited:

Chigetsu

New Member
After defeating another set of pursuers, Lucien decided to show himself to Katarina. Knowing that she doesn't have what it takes to fight another person, she raised her hands and retracted her gauntlets to her knuckles signaling that she surrenders. "With a reputation like yours, you probably don't know why people want to mess with you. Do you even know the names of people you hurt and kill?"

She went a bit closer to Lucien. "You killed my master. The only person I have left. And now I have no one." She suddenly falls to the ground, looking at the cold sky. "You took everything from me and yet here I am. I can't even avenge him." Her stomach rumbled so loud, Lucien might've heard the loudest stomach rumble ever. "Ahhhhhhh, I'm hungry..." She lays there as if all strength left her exhausted body.
 

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
- Round 3 -

The archer looked at Lianna in disbelief. "So you dashed in here in the midle of the fight without a qualm, save that sap who killed my sister and who's been asking around the underground for Lucien to kill him, and you expect me to believe you didn't come here to fight? As though you weren't in kahoots with these chumps in the first place?" She laughed mockingly. "No, you're begging. You're begging because you've lost and you're afraid to die."

Her eyes steeled over, as she raised her sword high.

"Shane." said Lucien calmly.

The twin glanced at him. He raised a palm, still looking down at Katarina. She stopped mid-swing, holding her attack.

Lucien's shadow loomed over Katarina. "I know why people mess with me. They want to stop me." She could feel the joy of the thrill of danger in his voice. "Some names I know, others don't tell me anything about them when I ask, most aren't that important . . . Like your master." He chuckled. "You know, you killed those two." He jabbed his thumb behind him towards the alley where Katarina's roundhouse kick had sent her last two foes flying off the roof. "Their names are Michael and Lily. Michael has a sister and his parents, Lily has a husband. And now they've lost their loved ones. You took something away from them too. And I think that you don't care . . . Just like me. I'm pretty sure they aren't important to you either . . . I like it . . . You have the potential of becoming a fun playmate. Just a little bit more push, and we'll bathe the city in more red, eh?" He counted the bodies in the streets. Twelve dead from the crossfire, six injured as far as he can see, crawling away with arrow wounds, one of them the shop owner who had sold Lowe the snapper.

"I'll tell you two what!" He said, looking at Lianna now too. "You and your friends, if you leave all your weapons and implements of chaos and destruction behind, I'll let you go. I would dearly like to play again. But, not today. Nor this week for that matter I have things to do. Show yourself in Lynch Wharf within that time, though, and . . ." He made a slicing gesture across his throat.

He glanced at Lowe. "Him I like too. I heard he was a one-man army." Then he looked like he had an idea. "Hey, if you guys are interested, how about a deal? I'll send a phoenix down to you if you do a little job for me." He plucked the princess crown off his head. "Could you return this to Princess Camilla? And hand her this note?"

He presented a sealed scroll to Katarina. "Anytime today would be great. Don't open or destroy it though, or I'll know. And when the job's done you'll have Mr. One man army back! What do you say?"

@Chigetsu @MiChuu
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top