• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GinkyGotBack

A Very Good Boy
"Everyone should see the ocean before they die."

We’re a group of people trapped in an underwater research station. We can’t remember who we are or why we’re there. We don’t know what the monsters are that are picking us off one at a time. All we know is that we need to get out. We want to escape. That’s what Ocean is about.

Ocean is a very narrative focused game where the players build the setting, develop our characters, and create the story from the ground up as we play. It is a system with a very simple ruleset. We the players, without a GM, take turns describing scenes and presenting obstacles that the players can risk their lives to overcome in order to proceed. Each player's character is focused on solving one of the game's three mysteries: Who are the survivors? What are the monsters? And what is this underwater station? When all three mysteries have been solved, the players simply need to get to safety, whether that means escaping the station, destroying all the monsters or whatever else the players can think of. Once the mysteries have need solved and the PCs are safe, the game is won!

I think three to six players (including myself as one) would be the optimal number of players. I imagine the game will be slow paced in general, though that will likely depend on everyone playing. I do most of my posting while I'm at work, excluding the weekends, though most days are quiet enough that I can afford to post more often than I normally would. Finally, the game will take place on Discord, since it's just easier to manage and set up there than it is here on RPN.

If anyone has any questions or is interested you can leave a comment here and I'll answer you A.S.A.P. I'll also have the PDF for the game rules here so people can give it a gander and see what they'd be getting into.

Attachments

• Ocean.PDF
    5 MB · Views: 25
Another important thing to know is that character creation is very much out of the hands of the player. Your character's age and gender is decided by dice roll and their backstory, to be invented later in the game, will likely end up in the hands of another player. So if you have a specific idea for a character going into the game, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much as they could turn out completely different from what you may have imagined or hoped for. Really, the only thing that's left for you to make up is their appearance and their personality. So just a word of warning.

I don't know if you're still looking for players, but I'd be down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back