• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Occult Research Club IC- Right Wing Arc

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Angel Sapphire

Fuck my life.
Occult Research Club
Christine Fey dropped her can of coffee into the trash bin and walked into the main building. She chose the time 10 minutes before the afternoon bell to do her recruitment. She has been in this school for 3 years now, and she had been frustrated for just as long.

"I really hope people join. Maybe I should pay them to join... Nah, that won't keep them around."

She contemplated what to do as she entered the five-storey building. She shyly entered each and every one of the classrooms, from first years to the fourth years, saying the exact same thing without tire.

"Hello, I am Christine Fey, and I am the President of the Occult Research Club... Or I would like to be if I get enough people. Please join, and we'll discover both wonders and horrors of the supernatural. If you are interested, please sign up at the entrance of the Right Wing before dark. Thank you."

That was her tagline, with a smile that hid nothing but innocent excitement. She waited there the whole day, skipping a few classes, it didn't matter. She wanted this so badly that she is willing to do anything.

She can hear the mysteries of the Right Wing whispering, beckoning her to come.

Alex approached the entrance of the Right Wing with the same ferocity she approached most things she was unsure about, arms working double time to propel her towards her goal.

This was her third year of attendance, and the third time she had heard the tired old spiel of ‘I am the president of the Occult Research Club...or I would like to be if I get enough people’. And yet it was the first time she’d given the proposal a moment of thought.

Did she like research? Absolutely. The occult? Undisputeably. Was she particularly fond of the idea of being a part of some little gathering of loonies who thought there was a ghost in their closet? No. Not in the least.

But with the closure of her Wheelchair Basketball Club at the graduation of the only other member, Alex had been on the lookout for something else to take up her time. And though she would loathe to admit it, she felt a small amount of pity for Miss Christine Fey, who apparently hadn’t garnered a single member in at least three years of searching.

As she neared the wing, she could make out the shadow of a figure through in the fading light. For a brief moment her heart seized, and her hands stilled on the wheels of her chair. Was it a ghost? Waiting for her to approach so it could do whatever it wished with her?

Of course not. It was just Christine, waiting expectantly by the sign up sheet. Cursing herself inwardly, Alex took up her approach once again, offering the girl a one handed wave when she felt they were close enough to acknowledge each other. “Is this where I sign up?” She asked politely, knowing full well it was where she signed up.​

Nudged in the side by a classmate, Lena uninterestingly turned to see what was the commotion about.
"Back at it again this year, Christine just never gives up." said the classmate.
Christine, her classmate who obsessed with making an occult club. Each year, she tried to gather interest with her utmost devotion, but who would have guessed that no normal people would share her love for the weird ass stuff. And the students in this school are mostly normal, as an educational facility should be, or at least with the kind of strangeness that wasn't Christine's.

Christine had already left the room when Lena finally returned from her thought. Lena had just quitted the gardening club recently, cutting grass and planting stuff wasn't for her in the end. It was not a big loss for the club either since their anticipation for the forest manager's daughter was lost in day one when she mistook the flower sprouts for weeds. and almost ravaged an entire field. But an occult club, huh? Sounds interesting enough...

Another person was already there when Lena arrived at the Right Wing, it was a girl she wasn't familiar with. Remembering face was not Lena's strong suit, even when it's a wheelchaired girl. There were many people like her in this school anyway, Lena recalled the wheelchair basketball team they used to have in this school. In any case, she was not expected another person to show up, for obvious reasons.

"Hi, Christine, are you still recruiting?". Asked Lena, ignoring the fact that there would be no way the roster was filled up since the morning.

Christine waited with faint hope that at least someone else would join her. It was her last year, after all. What she did not expect is to have two show up. The bare minimum for an official club was three members. She felt giddy about the thought.

"Of course! Here, here, just write your name, class, right here on this sheet!"

She realized she was being too pushy, and that she didn't have a good look at her interested members. One was in a wheelchair, though looked very capable. She recognized her as an athlete from the closed parasports club. The other was her classmate from the gardening club. She was happy that someone actually signed up.

"Awesome. Now I-I mean we," she took pleasure from saying that, "can explore this building. Normally, this is restricted to students, but since my dad is a co-owner of this school, I can access it as long as I have someone else with me."

She handed them the sign up sheet and pen, then watched them do it. She felt too excited to stay put, but she had to make things official first before everything else. She pulled a very old, blood stained newspaper from her pocket and set it on the table.

"A little taste of what we will be doing." She said with a smile.

The headline was faded, but still readable. The picture showed the silhouette of a building facing west, and filed with an ominous fog.

Purgatorio High School Mass Suicide: 26 students simultaneous hanging.

"The school has been rebuilt three times, this time being the fourth, each time a building was built. The past names of God's Angels High School are Black Stone, Divine Mercy, and Purgatorio. The Right Wing was the original school. Oh, I'm so excited!"

Jenny came bursting into the room. "Sorry I'm late, Christine! My locker is all the way across campus; I had to run like hell just to get here." She sat down, panting a little bit from her exertion. "So, what do you think is in the right wing, anyway?" She looked at the newspaper headline, giving her a good idea. "Jeez. And you think they never moved on. I know they've been pushing school spirit recently, but you seem to be taking a more literal approach to the subject." A nervous laugh came from the redhead; she had never quite gotten over the incident from when she was a little girl, but best to take things head-on.

Alex's hand dropped from the pen that had been thrust upon her after signing the sheet. She passed it along to the other person who had decided to show - a girl she didn't particularly recognise, with fluffy brown hair and an open face - and drew her attention back to the enthusiastic club captain's words.

"What, like, explore it now?" Alex drew her top lip back, her eyebrows raising critically. What if she had somewhere to be that night? She didn't, of course, she never did. It was still bad planning, though, and she planned on voicing it. "That's not very..."

Her words faded, though, when she let her eyes wander to the bold title on the aged clipping. Jaw dropping into a small gape, she leant forward in her chair as she read it again. "What...where did you get this? I mean, I’ve heard rumours obviously, but never found any hard proof. How did you find this?" A little bit put off that this girl had managed to do better research than she had, but still suitably intrigued, she reached out a hand intent on taking the page for a better look.

Before she could take it, though, a newcomer arrived out of seemingly nowhere, and sat on the cobbled pathway beneath them. Alex blinked, and retracted her hand in favour of hitting the girl with a hard stare. “Move on? 26 people died.” She looked at Christine quizzically. “I didn’t know there was already someone in this little club of yours.”​

Lena came closer to have a better look at the time-yellowed newspaper. Apparently, 26 people hanged themselves in this building. From Lena's experience, people hanging all over a place doesn't guarantee one or two ghosts. It makes sense, someone who hates life enough to off themselves wouldn't have many good reasons to return.

The girl doubted their little exploration into this place will be eventful. She glanced at the new girl, who she recognized that was in the same grade as her.
"I don't mind, I don't have anything to do anyway... say," said Lena as she looked around the old building "we should bring a candle... find ourselves a comfortable room then gather tell ghost stories, it would be fun."

"I confess to a poor joke about school spirit, but I meant what I said about moving on. You know, going... wherever we go when we die." Jenny shrugged. "In any case, ghosts tend to be hard to find. How are we going to detect them- hold a séance or something?" There was genuine curiosity in her voice- grainy videos and questionable accounts could only go so far to sate her interest, and she'd never actually been on a paranormal investigation before.

Christine looked at the three of them. She finally had an official club. She really wanted to get started right away, but of course, she had to do everything by process, and by process, that meant wavers, registrations, and club schedules.

"Well, not today or tonight yet. I need your parents' consent first, then I have to take this registration to the principal and wait for the approval. In the mean time, you can go home. I'll show you the clubroom tomorrow."

She took the registration paper and held it to her chest. Just one more day, and she can finally explore the school's history.

"Who knows, Jenny? Maybe we'll play it by ear. Also, the newspaper wasn't mine. I found it inside one of the classrooms here, where we now have our club room. It's a bit grimy though. Well, goodnight, Occult Research members!"

With that, she walked towards the Left Wing, where the principal's office resided. She decided that the sooner she goes to the principal, the sooner her club can do club things.

She enters the air-conditioned office and talked to the middle-aged secretary on her desk, organizing department notices and the like. She placed the registration paper on the desk with a wide smile on her face.

"Finally have your club, Ms. Fey?"

"Yes! I would appreciate it if this becomes approved soon."

"We'll see... Hmm... Four members, including yourself. Bare minimum, but it checks out. We'll give you a notice by tomorrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back