Experiences oc x canon

My input:
I have a hard time with canon x canon because a lot of the ones I do want to roleplay are pairings people absolutely hate. Which is fine! There are also times where I hate OC x canon, or OC x OC. The only time I really hate OC x Canon is when the OC was created for the purpose of getting with the canon. I will say I've had more negative experiences in OC x canon than anything else, but it was usually because the OC was a huge Mary Sue.

I don't think there's anything wrong with some "self insert wish fulfillment". Roleplay can be escapism for a lot of people. I just want my partner to have a character that is fully developed.

Even if I know my OC is going to marry this canon character and they're going to babies and grow old together (only a few of my characters have that), I don't want that to be the main focus. I love building more of a relationship, even if it's starting as super platonic.

If it's not your cup of tea, I completely understand that. Reading the responses you're all valid. Sometimes you have that one experience where it kills it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back