Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Just dropping in to say I'm back on my CoD Zombies bs and would love to roleplay literally anything with anyone with it

Probably alone on this, but Final Fantasy IV. I have the opinion that VII is probably one of the most overrated games ever, but I won't get into that, and although I haven't played many, Final Fantasy IV is probably my favorite in the series, even if VI is probably the objectively better game. Every time I hear the Theme of Love, it takes me back to starting a new game on the DS remake over and over again because I sucked at it. Though I am aware that the story is kind of stupid nowadays. Lot's of plot twists and take deaths, but I still love it.

Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn) for me. I love the world, characters and premise so much!! I think I've only ever met one other person who was a fan of it though. It's a pity because the manga is absolutely wonderful. I have lots of ideas for it, everything ranging from deviating from a certain plot point and working out our own ending to the story, moving forward or backward in time to explore the lives of past/future dragon warriors, or doing a complete AU where we change key points of the story to see what would happen.

Not sure if this counts as obscure but this game called Freedom Planet is something I've been wanting to RP. It's not a large fandom but there's going to be a sequel to the first which was originally on the Wii U. When I first played it, I fell in love with the game. Everything about it was amazing: Music, levels, characters, plot. The Boss Battles was what made me fall in love with it. They were very creative and awesome.

Fairly obscure but not that obscure: Hakuoki
Really obscure: Kaze Hikaru (vastly underrated manga series)
I don't know how obscure this is: Detroit Become Human

Honestly, something in the universe of Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I could not put those books down. So s o good!

I want to RP in a setting of Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. It's an old series and I'm not confident in remaking the lore but if one is up I'll definitely jump in.

The only fandom RP I’ve been involved in is Star Wars (yeah, big surprise considering my avatar), but there is one that I would love to try but it’s from an anime series that’s over 20 years old.

Slayers Anime

I would LOVE to RP from Lina’s POV.

I'd like to do a roleplay based off of the Savvy series, come to think of it.

Omg are you kidding? Yoo mean the books by Ingrid law? I LOVE them with all my heart (well... The first two. The third one isn't out in germany yet. Don't know if it ever will be)!!!!
You're the first person who would know these books. I am still considering getting a little blue sun tattooed lol
I'd be so down for a rp like that

Probably would be super into anything Fushigi Yuugi: The Mysterious Play. It's one of my favorite animes to date.
Also would do something involving Mai-Hime.

Last edited:
I'd like to roleplay some kind of modern-day, gun-dealer + team travelling around the world storyline, inspired by the Jormungand Anime (which is fantastic to watch btw). However, my first attempt ended abruptly after spending more of my time coaxing the other players to get off their butts and post something than actually getting anywhere with the main thread.

Last edited:
There's a couple I haven't seen mentioned in the interest checks and I'd like to try:

-Plants vs Zombies (It could be either focused on the plants from PvZ2, or on the plant heroes from PvZ Heroes)

-Cookie Run

Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
Star Trek during the TNG, DS9, VOY era
Digimon

The first thing that came to mind when I read the title was The Vision of Escaflowne. I'd love to RP Patlabor, too.

Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn) for me. I love the world, characters and premise so much!! I think I've only ever met one other person who was a fan of it though. It's a pity because the manga is absolutely wonderful. I have lots of ideas for it, everything ranging from deviating from a certain plot point and working out our own ending to the story, moving forward or backward in time to explore the lives of past/future dragon warriors, or doing a complete AU where we change key points of the story to see what would happen.
Absolutely. Such a beautiful nod to a few different periods in eastern asia with rich characters. I really need to pick up the manga now I basically know I'll never get a second season.

Let me see...
...pretty much there's a Spellforce (specifically the second part), places in The Settlers universe, and honestly pretty much about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back