Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

cran

Dumb, gay, and ready to play
I almost never do fandom RP, largely because I prefer making and interacting with entirely original characters (not to say you can't do this within a fandom RP), but also because the things I think I'd like to RP are usually pretty niche and not well known of. I prefer RPing within media where there's a lot of room for original creation and so far the only things that really fit this for me I've found are pretty obscure.
Rock and Rule, Blood Drive, Mad Max: Fury Road (more well known but not really that popular anymore) are what immediately come to mind for me. Anyone else got something you'd love to RP but can't find a willing partner?

I'd like to do a roleplay around the show Taboo. But I haven't seen anyone around here who's seen that.

The other one, I haven't even tried to find a partner for. Only because it's really inappropriate for this site. Harlots.

One of the few fandoms I really want to do is a 1x1 based on Parasyte: The Maxim, maybe set sometime after the events in the manga.

And I'd really like one of us to play a parasite and the other the person it's attached to. I don't know if this is just too weird to be up anyone's alley, though. : P

Good question.

Oban Star Racers, it's an old anime/cartoon but it has so much heart and I find it super nostalgic.

DuckTales, but not as the ducks of course. I'd prefer to dedicate human face claims to the characters but keep the backstories. I don't know what I want except for fun and adventure.

Yu Yu Hakusho/The Slayers/Fruits Basket, it's not super obscure but as I get older, anime from my childhood is easy to forget.

Alice 19th, it's a manga that I adore and I love the worldbuilding and characters. But like above, older series are tough to find fans.

Dot Hack, it's an old game/show and with SAO kinda the new thing, it's hard to find fans. Not to mention I'm more into IMOQ than GU which is even tougher to nail down.

Final Space, I love this show. It's so fun. But people are put off by writing it I guess which is a shame because I had a short RP and it was so cool to expand on events and tweak things.

And some fandoms aren't obscure as much as the ships I have for them. But are a few of the ones I sit up and take notice if someone mentions them because I am very intrigued.

Fuckin' Metro 2033 my dudes, the game's coming out to, soon.

I have desperately been looking for several Rps with no such luck. :(

Metro 2033 - Who doesn't like the idea of sneaking around the demons only to be shanked by a Russian Nazi.
Dead-Space - I haven't stopped screaming since playing the first one, send help.
Valkyria Chronicles - I mean come on, the weapons, armour and vehicles look amazing. Plus the story really perks my interest.

Magical Do-Re-Mi, Something based off Time warp trio

A lot more but that's just what's on my mind right now.

I'd love to roleplay with Tamora Pierce's Magic Circle Universe.

I am happy to do an AU of the canon OR use the characters/elements in a different fandom/modern times.

I think it's such a creative world that she made with so many interesting elements to explore. Kinda like Harry Potter in a way where the world is so intricate that you almost just want to set your toys in the sandbox and see what you come up with.

I'm like super into crossing that world with Harry Potter, especially as the main focus of the protagonists story-lines is all about found family and overcoming traumatic childhoods. Hello boy-who-lived have you met your people?

Problem is I have met only one other person on this site who had even heard of Tamora Pierce. And they were more familiar with her Tortall World to boot, which is totally separate from the Magic Circle Universe.

Onmyoji. novels by Baku Yumemakura / manga by Reiko Okano / movies Onmyoji & Onmyoji 2
something that I wanted to rp for quite a while, but the thing is rather obscure.

Hakuouki. it's not obscure but rather niche. Although for this one I somehow managed to find rp.

I almost never do fandom RP, largely because I prefer making and interacting with entirely original characters (not to say you can't do this within a fandom RP), but also because the things I think I'd like to RP are usually pretty niche and not well known of. I prefer RPing within media where there's a lot of room for original creation and so far the only things that really fit this for me I've found are pretty obscure.
Rock and Rule, Blood Drive, Mad Max: Fury Road (more well known but not really that popular anymore) are what immediately come to mind for me. Anyone else got something you'd love to RP but can't find a willing partner?
ooooomg Blood Drive..... its insane how nobody knows that. Im a huge postapo freak.

I'd like to do a roleplay around the show Taboo. But I haven't seen anyone around here who's seen that.

The other one, I haven't even tried to find a partner for. Only because it's really inappropriate for this site. Harlots.

And I love Taboo as well, but I am afraid I largely misunderstood the tribal magic there, some things had me super confused. Also, there was not one likeable character in it. :D

for me> Wraeththu Chronicles by Storm Constantine {largely unknown books}
weird crossover manga pairing> Jizabel {Godchild} - D {Pet Shop of Horrors}
not weird at all in my opinion, but cannot find anyone> Ivar - Heahmund {Vikings}

Some times I role play in the 'Over the Garden Wall' fandom. Even though its a small fandom we always have fun using original characters alongside cannon characters.

Some times I role play in the 'Over the Garden Wall' fandom. Even though its a small fandom we always have fun using original characters alongside cannon characters.

Oh that sounds really fun! I hadn't thought about that at all but I bet it'd be fun to play someone from the Unknown

Is that the one about dragons? And the main character lives with a distant relative?

When I was younger, I attempted Guardians of the Ga'hoole a few times, before the movie came out. I don't actually know how obscure that one is. I just knew none of my friends were reading it. XD

I am fond of a lot of obscure fandoms, being someone that consumes industrial amounts of anime and manga. As such, I am perfectly aware that perhaps the biggest reason I don't roleplay the below, is the fact I simply don't have the type to be that experimental or go for all my favorite fandoms all the time. Furthermore, there are other complications that made some fandoms not fall into this list (of course, not counting those already minimally popular like Boku no Hero or Code Geass). Some fandoms I am willing to rip off, but may have flaws like a very character-centric story being their core or a detail in the setting that makes me want to produce a similar but original story rather than the fandom's contents. Another issue is some of these fandoms would just end up as regular "superpowered" type RPs despite being from great fandoms with stories way beyond it, like "Chivalry of a Failed Knight" and "Rewrite".

Konosuba, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta - Saikyou Igai Mezasa Nee and other similar isekai type worlds are fandoms that would very much work for me. I just love this sort of RPG-esque fantasy world settings, especially with the Isekai elements mixed in, not to mention the good development of these worlds (relatively speaking).

Not lives is about a game where (spoilers) one person is the player and another the avatar in small game-like matches to the death until a big competition can be entered to gain a wish. The losing avatar vanishes and the player becomes the avatar, and has to find a new player or they'll vanish too. This deadly game's cycle would be a most fascinating element to see at play in a roleplay I think.

Date a Live ; World God Only Knows are two harem settings which (beyond harem being a very unexplored idea in RP), really do lend themselves to amazing group roleplay opportunities and colorful world building.

demi-chan wa kataritai : I think the way the supernatural is dealt with in this anime is really excellent and I would be very interested to see the versions of supernatural beings everyone came up with.

mahou shoujo ikusei keikaku, mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha , yuuki yuuna is a hero are excellent magical girl anime I would love to be able to participate in roleplaying. Nanoha's magitech culture and world building is jaw-dropping and the other two's ways of dealing with power individualism and especially consequences and interplay is something I would very much like to see. Even then, just using their ideas is quite nice.

musaigen no phantom world is one example I don't have a lot to say about frankly, but it could be fun.

no game no life ; Re:creators are two fandoms I would LOVE to have a shot at participating in, but there's one problem- the bar is waaaaay too high. Sure, you could half-ass something just to play in them, but to me that's just not worth it.

ore, twintail ni narimasu this world is absolutely hilarious and some of it's ideas rather refreshing and frankly amazing.

So, end of rambling.

For now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back