Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Honestly, Magic: The Gathering. I know it's a card game, but it has story, and lore! And some of the characters, are amazing.

Funnily enough, I’ve seen a couple of RPs of MTG popping up in the last month or so, one 1x1 and one group. Unfortunately both ended up being pretty incompatible with my style of RP and had focused I wasn’t as interested in.

It is a random I am personally also interested in though when I’ve made a direct offer of such an RP there had always been some other gimmick attached like making a card set or having D&D mechanics.

Not a particular fandom, but I'd want to practice playing more villainous characters. Chainsawman or Tokyo Ghoul come to mind. Not with the exact power sets but definitely their way of thinking.

Funnily enough, I’ve seen a couple of RPs of MTG popping up in the last month or so, one 1x1 and one group. Unfortunately both ended up being pretty incompatible with my style of RP and had focused I wasn’t as interested in.

It is a random I am personally also interested in though when I’ve made a direct offer of such an RP there had always been some other gimmick attached like making a card set or having D&D mechanics.
Really? I know I threw one up in the 1x1, but I haven't seen anyone else show an interest in it. I'll try to keep my hopes up.

Really? I know I threw one up in the 1x1, but I haven't seen anyone else show an interest in it. I'll try to keep my hopes up.

Yep, really. One was a 1x1 with Innistrad and New Capenna on Offer, the other was a group roleplay around Dominaria vs invading Phyrexia

I've seen (un)surprisingly few Animorphs fandom requests.
I have an old rp thread for this, I made almost everything from scratch, including the lore to why Earth was invaded but only one person ever showed interest and they were banned a few days later 😂

I have an old rp thread for this, I made almost everything from scratch, including the lore to why Earth was invaded but only one person ever showed interest and they were banned a few days later 😂
why do I find such interest in tis idea?..

Adding another one, but with the Kaiju No. 8 anime confirmed I would be beyond excited if somebody made a group RP with that setting. Honestly, if I weren't so busy I'd do it myself.

Adding another one, but with the Kaiju No. 8 anime confirmed I would be beyond excited if somebody made a group RP with that setting. Honestly, if I weren't so busy I'd do it myself.
we got a group setting for Kaiju stuff

we got a group setting for Kaiju stuff

Ah I saw that thread not too long ago! I've been debating joining since it has many of the elements I am looking for, but am wary of the DND-ness of it. I plan on reading along some of the threads to see if it will be a good fit for the OC I made not too long ago.

Ah I saw that thread not too long ago! I've been debating joining since it has many of the elements I am looking for, but am wary of the DND-ness of it. I plan on reading along some of the threads to see if it will be a good fit for the OC I made not too long ago.
the DnD part is pretty superficial. Like, I made a human character, and I filled out the stats but I dont intend to actually use them in my narrative. I don't think we are even really using dice unless its a fallback. But you can talk to Develius Develius about that

Hi! I'm the GM for Mechs N Monsters.

As what Murdergurl Murdergurl stated, the DND-ness isn't too prevalent in the RP. It's more about certain aspects and the feeling of it rather than the mechanics. Dice can be used for certain situations, but it's not really going to be a "Roll Perception" or "Roll for [insert] damage" all the time. Really for the most part it acts like a standard RP.

Dramaworld (and especially Dramaworld 2) - it's the perfect sandbox setting for any possible k-drama style rp you can imagine... and nobody on here knows about it! It's such a funny, meta show, but serious and romantic when it needs to be - so much potential <3

Pushing Daises. Poor show never even got a ending. I had a role play of it a LONG time ago.

Back to the Future. I again had 2 role plays going tons of fun than they poofed.

Than again I think all my wants are pretty long shot.

Pushing Daises. Poor show never even got a ending. I had a role play of it a LONG time ago.

Back to the Future. I again had 2 role plays going tons of fun than they poofed.

Than again I think all my wants are pretty long shot.
Just some trivia about Back to the Future. At a couple of points during the movie, Doc Brown states that the DeLorean generated 2.1 gigawatts of electricity. A nuclear powerplant, operating at FULL output, generates a maximum of 1 gigawatt.

For me, it's Death Note. Even though the media itself is hardly obscure, I feel like the community has dried up nowadays compared to say, 5 years ago(At least when it comes to Tumblr, where I used to primarily roleplay back in the day).

The one I love the most perhaps is ElfQuest. ElfQuest is a comic about elves.. which are actually like.. aliens? They had come from somewhere else, and landed on Abode ( a world with two moons). It has a long story, but if you like elves, adventure, magic, fantasy, than it may be for you! You can read the majority of the comics for free online on ElfQuest's website too. :)

Marble Hornets. I wrote a five-paragraph starter last night out of boredom, then realized no one really rps that fandom anymore. That's a facepalm on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back