Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I thought Fury Road was a pretty good addition. And they have anther sequel in the works!
I have two of the others on VHS (and DVD). lol
The very first one, I've seen but do not own. And I just have Fury Road as a digital purchase. By the time it came out, I had already stopped buying DVDs (and CDs). They are an obsolete media as far as I'm concerned.

Anyhow, I just generally love the whole wasteland apocalypse theme. Add the gearhead, hot-rod dynamic into it and I'm SOLD! I know a bit about auto mechanics, so these movies really speak to me. LOL

If someone would be willing to run a group RP in this flavor, I'd be so down for it.

Really?! O_O That's awesome! I guess when I rented Mad Max: Fury Road, I was expecting a lot more Mad Max. See one of my apocalyptic heroes beat up psychos. ;3 The entire setting is genius. I love the designs and mechanics as well! I would be up for an RP like this myself! (I also loved Water World XD But Mad Max was more fun!)

let's see....obscure fandoms:

ghost whisperer, law and order special victims unit, his dark material, sweeney todd: demon barber, ncis, big bang theory to name a few.

Really?! O_O That's awesome! I guess when I rented Mad Max: Fury Road, I was expecting a lot more Mad Max. See one of my apocalyptic heroes beat up psychos. ;3 The entire setting is genius. I love the designs and mechanics as well! I would be up for an RP like this myself! (I also loved Water World XD But Mad Max was more fun!)
Fury Road did focus a lot on the supporting characters. More so than the earlier movies were very much just on Mr. Rockatansky. But I didn't mind it. I actually thought Furiosa was a total badass and I really liked Nux. It definitely kept the essence of the series.

I LOVED Waterworld. I had to of watched that movie like 20 times as a kid. Me and my lil brother even had some of the action figures and I took it upon myself to actually make a scaled size Catamaran for the toys to play on. LOL

While I have seen the rare Mad Max (or at least inspired) RP advertised (but not for a long, long time), I have to say that I have never EVER seen a Waterworld RP advertised anywhere. That one, is truly obscure. ;-)

Btw, you have excellent taste in movies.

Fury Road did focus a lot on the supporting characters. More so than the earlier movies were very much just on Mr. Rockatansky. But I didn't mind it. I actually thought Furiosa was a total badass and I really liked Nux. It definitely kept the essence of the series.

I LOVED Waterworld. I had to of watched that movie like 20 times as a kid. Me and my lil brother even had some of the action figures and I took it upon myself to actually make a scaled size Catamaran for the toys to play on. LOL

While I have seen the rare Mad Max (or at least inspired) RP advertised (but not for a long, long time), I have to say that I have never EVER seen a Waterworld RP advertised anywhere. That one, is truly obscure. ;-)

If you like unique takes on the post apocalypse, I highly reccomend the Metro books and games. Instead of dieselpunk like Mad Max, it's Sovietpunk, so gas masks, AKs, radiation, and ruminations on humanity's place in the world all in one!

let's see....obscure fandoms:

ghost whisperer, law and order special victims unit, his dark material, sweeney todd: demon barber, ncis, big bang theory to name a few.

Ghost Whisperer was fun! I also adore Sweeney Tood! *_*

Maybe I need to re-watch for the Furiosa moments. :3 I mean, she was pretty rad!

That's so awesome!!! I love figurines! That's crazy you made that though! O__O I'm glad you know it! And right?? Waterworld is a treat! Most people have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention it! XD

Thanks! You do as well! =D

(Just learned how to multi-quote... I think XD)

Last edited:
If you like unique takes on the post apocalypse, I highly reccomend the Metro books and games. Instead of dieselpunk like Mad Max, it's Sovietpunk, so gas masks, AKs, radiation, and ruminations on humanity's place in the world all in one!
Sovietpunk is a new one on me. If I may ask, how is sovietpunk different from atompunk?

Sovietpunk is a new one on me. If I may ask, how is sovietpunk different from atompunk?
Sovietpunk is much more grounded in reality than atompunk. It usually has the aesthetics of the Soviet Union during the 80s and 90s, and tends to focus on a bleaker overall tone. A common comparison people make to Metro is that it's Russian Fallout, which is sort of accurate? Metro doesn't have any lasers or robots, the apocalypse happened in the modern day and almost everyone is using either ramshackle guns created after the nucellar holocaust, or trusty ol AKs that still work.

Sovietpunk is much more grounded in reality than atompunk. It usually has the aesthetics of the Soviet Union during the 80s and 90s, and tends to focus on a bleaker overall tone. A common comparison people make to Metro is that it's Russian Fallout, which is sort of accurate? Metro doesn't have any lasers or robots, the apocalypse happened in the modern day and almost everyone is using either ramshackle guns created after the nucellar holocaust, or trusty ol AKs that still work.
Ah, that's pretty rad. I like the concept. Seems right up my ally. I'll definitely look into it.
R (1).png

Edit: The Kalashnikov is a GREAT rifle!

Ah, that's pretty rad. I like the concept. Seems right up my ally. I'll definitely look into it.
View attachment 926218

Edit: The Kalashnikov is a GREAT rifle!
I recommend starting with the Metro 2033 game. It's a great, short little...it's sorta hard to describe it. Let's just say it's a linear survival FPS. Last Light is even better, and Exodus has open world segments and is absolutely fantastic.

I am a bit of a Kalashnikov fanboy myself. In the Metro universe, it's canon that everyone loves them because despite the world getting nuked twenty odd years ago, these things still freaking work.

I recommend starting with the Metro 2033 game. It's a great, short little...it's sorta hard to describe it. Let's just say it's a linear survival FPS. Last Light is even better, and Exodus has open world segments and is absolutely fantastic.

I am a bit of a Kalashnikov fanboy myself. In the Metro universe, it's canon that everyone loves them because despite the world getting nuked twenty odd years ago, these things still freaking work.
Kalashnikov's still working is actually accurate. Plenty of them still work now too after heavy usage and abuse in the various proxy wars fought during the Cold War, primarily in Africa.

Kalashnikov's still working is actually accurate. Plenty of them still work now too after heavy usage and abuse in the various proxy wars fought during the Cold War, primarily in Africa.
Honestly Metro has some really amazing weapon designs, especially the completely original ones. The AK is probably the best overall gun in the series since ammo is pretty common and it's pretty reliable

Honestly Metro has some really amazing weapon designs, especially the completely original ones. The AK is probably the best overall gun in the series since ammo is pretty common and it's pretty reliable
Yea, I was playing that game recently and some dude gave me a AK. Made a huge difference.

Just remembered that I would LOVE to join a Mouseguard RP with a group of ppl that are familiar with the RPG, or even just the illustrated novels/comics. All OC's of course.

Alternatively, I made my own heavily inspired setting in the same flavor.
But I am NOT GMing anything

Last edited:
SO many horror podcasts. hello from the hallowoods, the magnus archives, (just to name a few) as well as quite a few indie games I can count the other fans of I've met on one hand

I'd love to do something inspired by the book Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones. It's about the lives of a dysfunctional family of werewolves, but delves really hard into the "family" aspect and how the characters work together while constantly traveling around the US so they're not caught and needing to regularly hunt and eat huge amounts of meat to survive. It also adds a lot of darker but very realistic feeling elements to werewolf lore, such as (content warning, body horror)
how werewolves should always wear jeans because jeans tear when you shift - but werewolves should never wear tights or leggings because the fabric stretches when you shift and your fur grows through it - so when you shift back, the fur retracts into your skin, taking the tights with it, and... yeah. Ouch.
The author just makes the werewolf mythos feel so original and gritty and new and I could use it for an original setting, but then I'd just be ripping off this entire book, and I think I'd want potential partners to read the book to understand the very specific vibe it has, which probably isn't happening anytime soon even though I shill this book to everyone I meet.

Deep Rock Galactic.

Take Dwarves, right? Now take them out of the stone halls they usually stay in, and instead have them be in the Alien universe. That's the sort of vibe Deep Rock Galactic has. You have dwarves shouting about mining and how much they hate elves while shooting big alien bugs with guns that look like they were cobbled together, all the while mining for more in dark caves for a mining company. It's such a strangely aesthetic universe, and with a recent update that added a bit more story, I'd love to see what could be done with the setting.

It's not really "obscure," but it does seem to be an incredibly niche fandom and I've never had a lot of luck finding people for a Full Metal Panic!? RP. For any not familiar with it, it's a military/Mech type story where large Mech Suits called Arm Slaves (AS for short) are used in high military combat as well as by mercenary and terrorist organizations around the world.

A very special device known as a Lambda Driver is loaded into some of the terrorist elite AS units, as well as one special unit in the allied forces AS units. A Lambda Driver allows the user to bend and/or outright break the laws of physics. For example, when the pilot sees a large tank round coming at them they can raise a hand and matrix the round into oblivion or simply generate a shield around the AS that protects it from all harm. They can also generate pure energy-like bursts from their hands almost DBZ style. And they can consciously manipulate the weight of their AS unit to make it light enough to jump off a street sign when they would normally crush them due to weighing dozens of tons.

Here's an example of what FMP looks like at its best with full use of the Lambda Driver on display: (don't mind the subs, lol)

Last edited:
It's not really "obscure," but it does seem to be an incredibly niche fandom and I've never had a lot of luck finding people for a Full Metal Panic!? RP. For any not familiar with it, it's a military/Mech type story where large Mech Suits called Arm Slaves (AS for short) are used in high military combat as well as by mercenary and terrorist organizations around the world.

A very special device known as a Lambda Driver is loaded into some of the terrorist elite AS units, as well as one special unit in the allied forces AS units. A Lambda Driver allows the user to bend and/or outright break the laws of physics. For example, when the pilot sees a large tank round coming at them they can raise a hand and matrix the round into oblivion or simply generate a shield around the AS that protects it from all harm. They can also generate pure energy-like bursts from their hands almost DBZ style. And they can consciously manipulate the weight of their AS unit to make it light enough to jump off a street sign when they would normally crush them due to weighing dozens of tons.

Here's an example of what FMP looks like at its best with full use of the Lambda Driver on display: (don't mind the subs, lol)

FMP is one of my fave anime’s, manga and light novels!! >w< I’ve roleplayed Kaname, but it’s been a while. It is pretty rare to find fans of this amazing series!

I would love to do RP's based on the idea from the Film Re-Roll podcast. I thouroughly enjoy the idea of using movie settings and characters and going on an alternate routes. It's so much fun.

I'd love to do a Mad Max Fury road rp since that movie was so fun to watch and I seen it 3 times. I liked how Max was not the main focus and of course Furiousa had her moments and the villains were so enjoyable to watch, shoutout to that War Boy playing the guitar, and I liked the pacing a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back