Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

If it was 2015 I'd jump on that Halo train in a heartbeat because I was so much into the universe XD

Although I could say that about a lot of things mentioned in this thread, why we didn't meet X years ago. By now my interests changed too much 😞

Very obscure but I'm reading a book called Cartwright's Cavaliers that has a super interesting concept. Basically, humanity is one of 36 known species that fight for money, so Earth's entire economy is based around mercenary work. Something about space mercs is just so cool to me, ya know?

I’ve never found people wanting to role-play something along the Saga series (the graphic novels). But I’d love to write a world that exists alongside this sci-fi/fantasy epic.

I realize that none of these are particularly obscure fandoms. However, the way I'd be interested in RPing within them does not seem to be common at all.

-Star Wars in the Great Galactic War era. Or Star Wars during the first Mandalorian Crusades. Or Star Wars in any setting prior to the Clone Wars or Cold War.
Or just Star Wars without focusing so much on the Jedi/Sith/Force aspect.

-Judge Dredd, but the criminal side of it and not RPing as the Judges. Or even Cursed Earth themed.

-Fallout, but from a Raider's perspective.

-Mad Max, Another wasteland raider scenario (Where all my gearheads at?!)

-Conan the Barbarian This one is probably a bit obscure just because it's a little old.

Any of these would have me playing as an OC, as I don't do canon characters. And I would wanna participate in these RPs as a GROUP!
I'm not really into 1x1s.

Last edited:
Legion of Superheroes? It was a big deal between the sixties and the eighties I wanna say. Had a cartoon in the 2000's. Lots of iconography. I think it'd be fun.

I really want to bring back my Slugterra plot XD I thought it was loads of fun, or my built from scratch power rangers plot that was cool too

I realize that none of these are particularly obscure fandoms. However, the way I'd be interested in RPing within them does not seem to be common at all.

-Star Wars in the Great Galactic War era. Or Star Wars during the first Mandalorian Crusades. Or Star Wars in any setting prior to the Clone Wars or Cold War.
Or just Star Wars without focusing so much on the Jedi/Sith/Force aspect.

-Judge Dredd, but the criminal side of it and not RPing as the Judges. Or even Cursed Earth themed.

-Fallout, but from a Raider's perspective.

-Mad Max, Another wasteland raider scenario (Where all my gearheads at?!)

-Conan the Barbarian This one is probably a bit obscure just because it's a little old.

Any of these would have me playing as an OC, as I don't do canon characters. And I would wanna participate in these RPs as a GROUP!
I'm not really into 1x1s.
I love Mad Max!! *__* Conan is fun too! XD But Mad max is incredible! I love all three movies! (Not... Fury Road...)

I've been toying with doing an rp based on the "legend of the five rings" setting.

I really like the lore (even if it jumped the shark a bit what with all that Spider Clan nonsense) and the setting lends itself perfectly for more political and intrigue based plots.

I love Mad Max!! *__* Conan is fun too! XD But Mad max is incredible! I love all three movies! (Not... Fury Road...)
I thought Fury Road was a pretty good addition. And they have anther sequel in the works!
I have two of the others on VHS (and DVD). lol
The very first one, I've seen but do not own. And I just have Fury Road as a digital purchase. By the time it came out, I had already stopped buying DVDs (and CDs). They are an obsolete media as far as I'm concerned.

Anyhow, I just generally love the whole wasteland apocalypse theme. Add the gearhead, hot-rod dynamic into it and I'm SOLD! I know a bit about auto mechanics, so these movies really speak to me. LOL

If someone would be willing to run a group RP in this flavor, I'd be so down for it.

Last edited:
A group RP themed in Van Helsing or Solomon Kane or Castlevania or ...something that would put Witch/Vampire/Werewolf hunters on the trail of infernal aberrations would be rad. Though I'd be perfectly fine (and even prefer) an original setting in this general theme. I've had a (X)hunter character put away for a very long time that would fit great into that kinda setting.

t123532_u163681 (1).png

A group RP themed in Van Helsing or Solomon Kane or Castlevania or ...something that would put Witch/Vampire/Werewolf hunters on the trail of infernal aberrations would be rad. Though I'd be perfectly fine (and even prefer) an original setting in this general theme. I've had a (X)hunter character put away for a very long time that would fit great into that kinda setting.

View attachment 925727
I mean like the wolf rps with shifters

Gorillaz, Final Fantasy 13, or Uta no Prince-sama. Nobody really seems to be interested in these titles and it's kinda upsetting lmao

... Final Fantasy 13...
Oooh! You just reminded me. A Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles theme would definitely also be on my list for group RP participation.
I have both versions for the gameboy advance and also for the gamecube. The one on gamecube is my favorite and the one I would more ideally want the RP based upon. From what I understand there were some later versions on newer systems. But I never played them.

Oooh! You just reminded me. A Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles theme would definitely also be on my list for group RP participation.
I have both versions for the gameboy advance and also for the gamecube. The one on gamecube is my favorite and the one I would more ideally want the RP based upon. From what I understand there were some later versions on newer systems. But I never played them.
I remember playing the Chronicles game on the DS! It had this pretty cool story idea where there was a timeskip. It even had voice acting, it was pretty good from what I remember

I remember playing the Chronicles game on the DS! It had this pretty cool story idea where there was a timeskip. It even had voice acting, it was pretty good from what I remember
I dont remember any voice acting in the gameboy versions, tbh. Not saying it wasnt there. I just dont recall. Out of the two, one was fantastic and the other was... okay. One was Ring of Fates, and the other was Echoes of Time. I can't remember which was the better one, tbh. But the one that was fucking awesome was the one on GC. The only real drawback was that multi-player mode required everyone to have their own individual gameboy advance.

I dont remember any voice acting in the gameboy versions, tbh. Not saying it wasnt there. I just dont recall. Out of the two, one was fantastic and the other was... okay. One was Ring of Fates, and the other was Echoes of Time. I can't remember which was the better one, tbh. But the one that was fucking awesome was the one on GC. The only real drawback was that multi-player mode required everyone to have their own individual gameboy advance.
Ring of Fates, that's the one! Really cool concept if I remember right. I haven't played the other games but man that game brings back some memories!

I think I played Ring of Fates but it was so long ago that I can't remember anything about the game. I remember enjoying it though XD

Final Fantasy spin-offs would probably count as obscure fandoms xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back