Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I don't know how it would work, or if it can really be considered obscure... (I suppose it's generally not obscure, but rp-wise? Definitely)

WWE.

I've already posted here, but I have another obsucre fandom.

It's a cute little manga called Dungeon Meishi, (Delicious in Dungeon, directly translated, I believe.) It's kind of like Goblin Slayer, in that it deconstructs D&D tropes with an anime touch, but it focuses less on goblin genocide, and much more on world building, specifically on how certain monsters can be eaten and prepared. The attention to detail is insane. I'd love to do something similar to it, as it's just such a wholesome little manga.

Final Fantasy 7 ๐Ÿ˜‚ I never thought it'd be so difficult finding partners for it, given how it's the most popular title of the series!

Final Fantasy 7 ๐Ÿ˜‚ I never thought it'd be so difficult finding partners for it, given how it's the most popular title of the series!

This surprises me tbh, considering how many people are eager to RP anime and game fandoms.

Agreed. You could do anything from a more light-hearted slice of life centered around one of the Sites, to a Lovecraftian descent into madness from the perspective of an MTF.
Either one of those sounds mad interesting/fun. I could even imagine them both taking place in the same roleplay, actually.

Take your idea of a slice of life RP centered on one of the sites, for example. RPers could be researchers, security personnel, MTF, internal security, etc, just playing out the daily interactions and operations that take place on site. While remaining pretty light-hearted for the most part, the GM would set up special events every now and then (containment breaches, ops to capture/recapture SCPs, etc). Over the course of the RP, we'd see how these characters develop over time, the kind of mental toll this job takes on them, and how that bleeds into these seemingly light hearted interactions.

Maybe after a few too many events, a character snaps. The stress is too much, they've succumbed to the influence of an SCP, or they're just too unnerved by any number of things to go on as they have.

Either one of those sounds mad interesting/fun. I could even imagine them both taking place in the same roleplay, actually.

Take your idea of a slice of life RP centered on one of the sites, for example. RPers could be researchers, security personnel, MTF, internal security, etc, just playing out the daily interactions and operations that take place on site. While remaining pretty light-hearted for the most part, the GM would set up special events every now and then (containment breaches, ops to capture/recapture SCPs, etc). Over the course of the RP, we'd see how these characters develop over time, the kind of mental toll this job takes on them, and how that bleeds into these seemingly light hearted interactions.

Maybe after a few too many events, a character snaps. The stress is too much, they've succumbed to the influence of an SCP, or they're just too unnerved by any number of things to go on as they have.
That was actually my idea! Mostly lighthearted as they keep track of the more demure SCPs, some wacky hijinks with Dr. Bright, and occassionally, containment breaches. Might be a power failure that gives 178 a chance to escape, or 106 figures out how to escae his cell and goes on a rampage. Really show just how short, brutal, and often horrific a career in the Foundation is.

My obscure fandom that I recently have gotten into and would want to do a thread about is a web-series called Critical Role. It's a show where a bunch of voice actors play Dungeons and Dragons. I have really grown to love the characters that they have made and I have really wanted to do a thread with their characters. I just feel like it would be weird because the characters they have made are their own creations and that it would be wrong of me to play their character. Not to mention I feel like I wouldn't find anyone here who be interested. Soo, all in all it is a combination of me being worried that it would be weird and disrespectful to the original creators of the characters to play their character and that it just wouldn't get a lot of attention if I made an interest check for it.

Though I would really enjoy a thread with just the world of Critical Role as well because I love it so much.

My obscure fandom that I recently have gotten into and would want to do a thread about is a web-series called Critical Role. It's a show where a bunch of voice actors play Dungeons and Dragons. I have really grown to love the characters that they have made and I have really wanted to do a thread with their characters. I just feel like it would be weird because the characters they have made are their own creations and that it would be wrong of me to play their character. Not to mention I feel like I wouldn't find anyone here who be interested. Soo, all in all it is a combination of me being worried that it would be weird and disrespectful to the original creators of the characters to play their character and that it just wouldn't get a lot of attention if I made an interest check for it.

Though I would really enjoy a thread with just the world of Critical Role as well because I love it so much.
Critical Role is just how people play characters in D&D now, just like everyone played Drow in the days when the Drizz't novels were popular.
They even made an official D&D 5e book for it so if you have a DM that wants to run the Critical Role setting, they can.

Critical Role is just how people play characters in D&D now, just like everyone played Drow in the days when the Drizz't novels were popular.
They even made an official D&D 5e book for it so if you have a DM that wants to run the Critical Role setting, they can.

I am slowly becoming more familiar, since this is my first time really diving into dungeon and dragons, but I am also terrified of like asking anyone. Though I made my post to see if I was a werid crazy person or if I was at least some what redeemable.

I'd love to do an RP for SURFACE or Temeraire.

• The Elder Scrolls
  • Warcraft
  • inFAMOUS

Dunno if I mentioned this before, but Vampyr. I see a couple of blogs on Tumblr for it (but due to the really plain ass name, the tags tend to get full of shit that has nothing to do with the game)
I have yet to come across someone who's even heard of the game let alone someone interested in role-playing it.

I absolutely adore Vampyr. I started the game a few months ago, but I havn't quite finished it yet. I took a break and then got distracted by other games :neutralteeth:

The overall atmosphere and the complex relationships between NPCs are such a joy to explore.

I absolutely adore Vampyr. I started the game a few months ago, but I havn't quite finished it yet. I took a break and then got distracted by other games :neutralteeth:

The overall atmosphere and the complex relationships between NPCs are such a joy to explore.

I've finished it but I was replaying a month ago or so. It really is good. I have yet to find a vampire-centered game or RP that scratches the itch this game has left in me lmfao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back