Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

We tried getting a MH RP together not too long ago. Someone necroed a 2 year old thread. lol I guess they started a new thread after that. We got a couple of ppl showing mild interest. Problem is, no one wants to GM.
YOOOOO YOU'RE A GODSEND.
I might be up to GM it! So long as I know what everyone needs for it I'll gladly take the spot.

I am a SUCKER for niche stuff apparently, but if I had to pick one it would be Nausicaa and The Valley of The Wind. It's pure dieselpunk, but with a whimsical enough background to draw in fantasy lovers from all over. Unfortunately the movie adaptation couldn't cover as much world building as the manga, so it takes some research to get the setting. However, once you get through with that, it opens up a whole world of possibilities.

I am a SUCKER for niche stuff apparently, but if I had to pick one it would be Nausicaa and The Valley of The Wind. It's pure dieselpunk, but with a whimsical enough background to draw in fantasy lovers from all over. Unfortunately the movie adaptation couldn't cover as much world building as the manga, so it takes some research to get the setting. However, once you get through with that, it opens up a whole world of possibilities.
I generally dislike anime, but Nausicaa is one of my fav Ghibli films. I don't like to consider Ghibli stuff anime because it's SO much different. Animated, yes. Anime? no.

I generally dislike anime, but Nausicaa is one of my fav Ghibli films. I don't like to consider Ghibli stuff anime because it's SO much different. Animated, yes. Anime? no.
it is one hundred percent in another league than your usual anime. The plots are actually good, Ghibli steers hella clear of fan service, and there's always a deeper lesson to the films.

Bioshock. It seems like it has so many opportunities to make a good roleplay, but I can never find any for it.
I really do miss playing those games, I don't think many other franchises come close.

Bronco Bronco If the RPs that I'm hoping get started soon wind up dropping out (as is common), I might consider doing a group thing in the Vein of Nausicaa... Like, a pre-movie timeline or something. Just a thought

Dragon quest and Kirby
I use characters from both as my characters in role plays and so far they have never been recognized for what they actually are
Hell my account NAME (magolorsaware) and profile pic is a Kirby character

Actually, scratch my previous response. I'd like to RP in MLP: FiMverse too, changes happened.

Gundam: Chars counter attack
Gundam unicorn
Gundam 08th ms team

This is a great topic!

I have sooo many. And I love everyone's replies. <3

***Gundam Wing
***Galaxy Fraulein Yuna
***Iczer
***Digi'mon 01
***Ranma 1/2
***Empowered
***Tales of
***Merry Gentry
***Xenosaga
***Hakuouki
***Dirty Pair
***Kiddy Grade
***Burst Angel
***Neptunia
***Catherine
***Trinity Universe
***Tenchi Muyo
***Steel Angel Kurumi
***Project A-ko
***Breaking Bad
***Gotham
***Disgaea 4

And... a lot more. XD
I love the Gundam fandom and Ranam 1/2

I'd really like to try out a Mechwarrior/Battle-tech themed RP. I enjoy the 'down to earth' attempts to make a Sci-fi mech without the usual antics you see in something like Gundam where these multi-tonne machines have the flexibility of a Yoga teacher in their prime. Things instead feel clunky but with purpose, impacts feel punchy and the bigger they are... the harder they fall 😎

View attachment 690660

But.... I worry that some people might feel the pacing of these machines to be too slow, too bulky, and feel constricting to the norm of high-tech machines running rampant across the battlefield (Titanfall).​
*Laughs in Gundam*

GAAAANDAMMUUUU!
GUNDAMU!
GUNDAMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUU

I have yet to see much in the way of "soulsborne" based rp's (Dark souls, demon souls, Bloodborne). Besides the one or two dead RP at the moment. Not exactly looking for one to join, but it would be nice to have some sort of reference to how people handle the settings and context of those games in this format.

I have yet to see much in the way of "soulsborne" based rp's (Dark souls, demon souls, Bloodborne). Besides the one or two dead RP at the moment. Not exactly looking for one to join, but it would be nice to have some sort of reference to how people handle the settings and context of those games in this format.

I'm currently playing through Bloodborne right now. My husband has played through the 'Soulsborne' games a few times each. I'm trying to convince him to create a RP based on the games. XD I too am curious how he'd go about building it.

Y'know... I NEVER would have thought that Star Wars would be considered an obscure fandom. But settings in the Old Republic are most definitely less common.
Specifically, I've never found anything during the Great Galactic War. Well, I lie. I found one literally ONCE on Discord. But the group was deader than a Rodian who shoots last.
Either way, I hardly ever see anything Star Wars related that is outside of the comfort zone surrounding the movies and series. I wish more people would make RTs for that timeline in the group section.

Sirius the Jaeger & Obey Me!
I feel like it shouldn't be obscure but man is it hard to find people that roleplay these ^^;

I'm not one for fandom roleplaying, but I wouldn't mind roleplaying OCs in certain universes of series I enjoy. As for the obscure ones I think it would be cool to roleplay in the verses of: LEXX, Elfquest, Captive Prince, Count de Monte Cristo Anime.

For ANYONE who would like to read the entirety of Elfquest you can read it for free on the author and artists site. The only thing not published is the most recent addition to the storyline, but the site has everything written from 1978 - 2014. This series is really near and dear to my heart I've been reading this comic and collecting releases since I was 14 years old for like 18 years man. I really, really do love it such a great fantasy adventure.

He goes over LEXX in summary and review. I like his videos but this one also pretty much gives you a good picture of the wacky WTF! XD

Captive Prince is a gay romance trilogy that turns out is pretty fucking good.

Still think this anime is stunning! >D Its just pretty and wild to look at.

OMG Elfquest!!! Not only did I previously mention that on this thread but I also dropped a link to the online comics. XD (Because us Elfquest fans need to convert people into the awesome cult.)

Would totally do an EQ RP with you some time in the future!

I don't think transformers is considered an Obscure fandom, nor Apex legends, but I have always been interested in them for a ferry long time, but its quite hard to find some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back