Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I think a roleplay based on "Record of Ragnarok" might be fun. You'd probably have to change the plot a bit so it's more of a team battle rather than just a series of 1v1's but other than that it works pretty well.

Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters. It's one of those old card game shows and it's kinda making me nostalgic even though I didn't watch the original run.

Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters. It's one of those old card game shows and it's kinda making me nostalgic even though I didn't watch the original run.
That show and card game were, in turn, a reboot of Duel Masters. It's like a two-for-one obscure fandom.

That show and card game were, in turn, a reboot of Duel Masters. It's like a two-for-one obscure fandom.
On top of that, from what I've read, the Duel Masters anime was initially about Magic: the Gathering and changed to an original card game when it was dubbed because of copyright issues.

Still, the show is surprisingly good and I really want an RP of it.

I feel like every time I get an itch to do a fandom RP it's something obscure. I've been fortunate to find partners for some in the past even if I had to direct them to the source material in order to do so. Lately I've had a hankering for a self-indulgent RP based on Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai (or Dai no Daibouken to use the romanized title). Despite this series having a currently airing anime adaptation that is excellently produced, it seems to have almost no English fandom to speak of.

I kind of understand why since it doesn't really have the type of material to generate a large fandom. For one the plot and setting are a little basic compared to modern adventure/battle shounen (it is based on a manga from the 80s and 90s), the cast is small compared to modern shounen, and being based on a game series with an already small English fandom probably doesn't help.

Not obscure but I haven't seen any roleplays surrounding it here.

Video Games;
- Danganronpa
- Corpse Party
- Persona
- Castle Cats (this is out of the blue but I thought it'd be amusing, the same concept as Kancolle and them, but instead it's cats instead of personified humans and they're all based off either fairytale characters, gods, mythical beings, etc.)
- Monster Super League (another out of the blue but amusing, sorta revolves around the same concept as Kancolle and them but is personified mythical beings/gods)
- Sengoku Asura ZERO (more of the concept, a kingdom being destroyed and the daughter of the ruler having to run away and build a whole new kingdom)
Books;
- Maximum Ride
- Warrior Cats
- Survivors
Animes;
- Rosario to Vampire
- Wolf's Rain
- Anything like Food Fantasy, Kantai Collection, Azur Lane, Touken Ranbu where your character is the human personification of certain items in history, like how FF is about personified foods, Kancolle and Azur Lane is about personified warships during ww2 and Touken Ranbu is about personified legendary swords
- No Game No Life (my ex-friend had an rp that she had made inspired by this anime and it was fun)
TV Shows;
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Chat Noir (say what you will but this show has an interesting concept imo)
- Agents of SHIELD
- Fear Thy Neighbor (I enjoy horror concepts)
- TWD (not obscure but I haven't seen it much)
Uncategorized;
- Youtuber

Some others I haven't seen people rping but I'm interested in doing (these are fandom orientated cause I wasn't sure how you could throw ocs into the mix unless someone who knows these has an idea, I'd love to hear or I just prefer rping the characters instead of ocs or I also have an interest of just rping the characters too)

Video Games;
- Elsword
- Vocaloid
- Granblue Fantasy
- Honkai Impact 3rd
- Kemono Friends
- Kancolle
- Touken Ranbu
- Super Smash Bros. (say what you will, but I did an rp like this and it was pretty fun)
- Video games crossovers
Animes;
- Hetalia
- Every single idol anime/game you can think of
- Diabolik Lovers
- DRAMAtical Murder (I doubt this is one that's fit for RPNation, though),
Uncategorized;
- Creepypasta

These are only a few I could think of at the top of my head-
I’m interested.

OML I have craved for a Jupiter Ascending rp, though not an outright fandom, but just utilizing the universe with OCs

I haven't RPd these fandoms yet. But, I'd love to roleplay Resident Evil and maybe Fairy Tail with someone! (OCxOC). I don't think these are obscure, but their role plays I never see people go towards.

Anyone else got something you'd love to RP but can't find a willing partner?
It would take too long to list them all. 😝 Obscure JRPG-based roleplays are my jam, and I would so roleplay anything based on or related to the worlds and characters of Akitoshi Kawazu’s SaGa videogame series in a heartbeat. In fact, I did a quick search on RP Nation, and it looks like somebody made a profile for one of the character classes from Romancing SaGa 2 a few years ago. (Glad to know I’m not the only one here with an interest in this series! 😝)

Dungeon Meshi definitely! Has great worldbuilding and characters I'd love to play with, but sadly very underrated. One of my favorite wholesome go-to mangas

Solo leveling—! The webtoon is absolutely amazing, I wish more people write for it! 🥺

im back again, because i can never get into any form of media that has a decently sized fandom especially fans that roleplay

right now im really into the novel The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. haven't actually read it yet but i saw the movie and i just know im gonna love it as soon as i can get my hands on it. theo and boris' relationship is just *chef's kiss* i would love to play as either one of them boy oh boy

I would do the Anime Gate, I mean what is not more badass than fulfilling your childhood fantasy of bringing a gun to a magic fight: And winning?

The Haunting series (bly manor or hill house) which I find really odd since the show was super popular.

Always found;
- The Umbrella Academy
- The Magicians
- Life on Mars
- Agents of SHIELD
- Haven

To be really interesting settings that I rarely see done, although maybe that's just on other corners of the internet.

Much more recently Bridgerton could be interesting.

Last edited:
There's a really old PS2 series called Xenosaga. My god, if I could find a RP for that, I think I would ... :angelD:

From what I've seen since about a week or so since I signed up here, I've not seen much Elder Scrolls, One Punch Man or even Seven Deadly Sins. I've been watching SDS on Netflix after finishing OPM and they're fantastic shows!

Right?? Xenosaga has been on my rp wish list since those games came out!!

You know what Xenosaga is?! I've no words! Albedo needed a hug and the Gnosis were terrifying!

It wouldn't be too difficult to make a rp >> ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back