Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I wouldn't even say the RPG is obscure. It was popular enough to get a video game adaptation in the first place, along with multiple editions and a pro wrestler using the name of one of the vampire clans at pro wrestling's late 90's boom.

Also countless sourcebooks, a number of novel series and a TV show. (The TV show was ... not good. XD)

I would say that it's easier to find an RP based on VtM directly (the tabletop game) than it is to find one based on Bloodlines.

What are you talking about? Vampire: The Masquerade isn't obscure. Well, maybe the tabletop game is but the video game, not so much.
really depends on your definition is obscure.
no, it's not as "obscure" as e.g. arcanum, but i also would not say it's commonly or well known. most people who i know of (who are "gamers") have not played the game.
i think our perception of how obscure/non-obscure it is is skewed by the fact that we are all roleplayers, and the people who are likely to know about it are those who are really into rpgs. hope that makes sense?

really depends on your definition is obscure.
no, it's not as "obscure" as e.g. arcanum, but i also would not say it's commonly or well known. most people who i know of (who are "gamers") have not played the game.
i think our perception of how obscure/non-obscure it is is skewed by the fact that we are all roleplayers, and the people who are likely to know about it are those who are really into rpgs. hope that makes sense?

I was under the impression that the obscurity rating was dependent upon the fact that everyone reading and replying to the thread was assumed to be a roleplayer, rather than obscure to the general public.

I was under the impression that the obscurity rating was dependent upon the fact that everyone reading and replying to the thread was assumed to be a roleplayer, rather than obscure to the general public.
ive personally never seen anyone with interest in vtmb/vtm or even white wolf in general in the roleplay community, but maybe they've been hiding in the nooks or something?
i think the difference is that it's known of but not necessarily known - in my experience anyway.

this is a total derailment though so it doesn't matter much.

ive personally never seen anyone with interest in vtmb/vtm or even white wolf in general in the roleplay community, but maybe they've been hiding in the nooks or something?
i think the difference is that it's known of but not necessarily known - in my experience anyway.

I've never tried VtM but I'd be totally down to RP some of the newer White Wolf games.

But I want to RP basically every tabletop RPG I've ever encountered that isn't D&D or Pathfinder because I can't find any actual games for any of them.

I'd really like to try out a Mechwarrior/Battle-tech themed RP. I enjoy the 'down to earth' attempts to make a Sci-fi mech without the usual antics you see in something like Gundam where these multi-tonne machines have the flexibility of a Yoga teacher in their prime. Things instead feel clunky but with purpose, impacts feel punchy and the bigger they are... the harder they fall 😎

battletech.png

But.... I worry that some people might feel the pacing of these machines to be too slow, too bulky and feel constricting to the norm of high-tech machines running rampant across the battlefield (Titanfall).​

Last edited:

There are some sites that are catered to finding online RPs based around tabletop systems. I can't remember what the name of any of them are, and I'm probably not allowed to say anyway.

VtM is a great system and imo one of the best TTRPGs ever created. I wish you luck finding some!

More people will probably get into it in a couple of years once DnD hipsters get bored of DnD. (No disrespect to DnD hipsters I love you.)

Anyone know a game called Slime Rancher?

My plot: Beatrix left the ranch to a group of people and it's completely empty again like at the start of the game. basically Slime Rancher if it had Multiplayer in roleplay from

I would really love to rp something set in the New Albion universe created by Paul Shapera. It's basically a series of steampunk/dieselpunk etc. concept albums and they are awesome! There's so much lore and so many characters that would make an awesome setting for some roleplay. 10/10 would recommend lol

If you can count it, I'd like something with Wildstorm properties. Authority, Planetary, that kind of thing. The brand hasn't really gone anywhere since the universe got folded into DC's Nu52 and the attempted reboot with 'The Wild Storm', but it sort of feels like cheating joining DC RPs as some of those characters and they don't particularly mesh with the tone a lot of the time, at least in the sorts of RPs I enjoy.

I've haven't seen anything for The Magicians but I think it'd be a really good one to do a group RP for especially for OCs.

Oh boy, getting a Splatoon RP would be amazing. I know it's not quite an obscure fandom, but it's definitely not something you see often, or at all.

Choices : Stories You Play
I like the app quite well.

Some interesting stories and character
I've only seen a couple people mention it though.

I'd love to try an RP based off the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I know it's not exactly "obscure" since quite a few people know about it, but still. It would also be fun to do an Eragon RP since that world has so much to offer in terms of creativity. If anyone wants to do either of these, send me a message!

I'd love to try an RP based off the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I know it's not exactly "obscure" since quite a few people know about it, but still. It would also be fun to do an Eragon RP since that world has so much to offer in terms of creativity. If anyone wants to do either of these, send me a message!
E
RA
GON

E
RA
GON

Not all of these are particularly obscure but I never really see them mentioned here.

His Dark Materials, Merlin, Humans and Informer.

Anyone know a game called Slime Rancher?

My plot: Beatrix left the ranch to a group of people and it's completely empty again like at the start of the game. basically Slime Rancher if it had Multiplayer in roleplay from
That actually sounds super adorable, not going to lie.

I really like the idea of a Bokurano: Ours roleplay but the issue is that by the very virtue of the premise most if not all the cast will end up dying. In my experience people tend to really throw tantrums over that sort of thing (even if it's explicitly stated going in) and do their best to derail the whole experience.

I'd give my right arm for a Gravedale High roleplay, the 90s Rick Morains cartoon, it was the first cartoon I was obsessed with.

I'd also love a The Little Vampire roleplay, I had one about ten years ago and I wouldn't mind doing the plot again; the he Sackville-Bagg family, along with the rest of the vampires are turned back into vampires and Tony is trying to help them with trying to reverse this.

And while I'm on the subject of Rollo Weeks movies, The Thief Lord, anyone?

Oh, oh, and Heathers, musical or movie would be amazing.

A lot of my interests fall into various idol series, but if I had to name the fandom I'd love to RP, it's Megaman. Not a lotof people enjoy it as a fandom, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back