Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Honestly just give me any sci-fi or fantasy RPG setting that isn't d&d-derivative and I'll be down.

Has anyone seen The Hollow? The art style is shitty, ngl, but it's about amnesiac teens with superpowers. Ya'd think this forum would be all over something like that.

Sorry for double posting, but I remembered a random scene from the Chaotic cartoon and spent half an hour tracking the show down. Now, I kind of want to RP it, but it's based on a card game that I never got into and has been discontinued.

Sorry to Kool Aid Man on in here, but a few game series I'd really love to rp, but can hardly find anyone who will rp them are Megami Tensei and Trauma Center, especially the latter. Megami Tensei is well known if you like JRPGs, but that's still rather niche, and I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who likes or has even heard of Trauma Center. It makes me sad, but life do be like that sometimes 😔👊

Sorry to Kool Aid Man on in here, but a few game series I'd really love to rp, but can hardly find anyone who will rp them are Megami Tensei and Trauma Center, especially the latter. Megami Tensei is well known if you like JRPGs, but that's still rather niche, and I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who likes or has even heard of Trauma Center. It makes me sad, but life do be like that sometimes 😔👊
I mostly remember Trauma Center from the old EgoRaptor cartoon.
I think, like most things in this thread, all you need to do for something like SMT is put out an interest check and someone will probably show up.

Yeah, I believe Game Grumps played through the remake of the first game, but they never finished it

Yeah, I'm aware. I bet I can find someone who will rp SMT with me, but I haven't had luck these past few weeks on other sites and apps, so I do plan on doing on interest check here soon

I was actually scrolling through this thread a bit and I noticed not a lot of these fandoms are that obscure. I hope people can find someone they can rp with though :<

A lot of my fandom cravings aren't obscure, but I'm a fan of crossovers.

Some are popular, but others are way too obscure and niche.

For example, Voltron: Legendary Defender x Naruto. I have a specific (and strong) craving regarding the crossover.

On a side note, I think Katekyo Hitman Reborn! could be considered obscure. I love it, but unfortunately, I never had much luck finding partners. <//3

Kingdom-building RP in post-apocalyptic world of Nausicaa, C&C - especially the Tiberium era, Planescape/Tides of Numenera and Warhammer F/40k. A new game of 40K opened just a few days ago after almost a year of drought!

Fallout. I know it's not obscure but I'd still really like to RP it one day

Also this. All those urban/apocalyptic zombie games that open up would be definitely more interesting with a mix of retro-future of Fallout.

Last edited:
Gunnm would be pretty nice, but its world has so much cool stuff that it's hard to pin down which part of it would be best for a rp. Scrapyard? Tiphares? Cyborg karate tournament? Aye.

Not obscure at all but I'd also love to see something in the universe of Hollow Knight.

Harry Potter! I want to rp Harry Potter!
Naruto is my second choice
Bleach
Harry Potter!
Avatar the air bender/ legend of korra
Harry Potter!
Oh did I mention Harry Potter?!

Harry Potter! I want to rp Harry Potter!
Naruto is my second choice
Bleach
Harry Potter!
Avatar the air bender/ legend of korra
Harry Potter!
Oh did I mention Harry Potter?!
Literally none of those are obscure.

There are parts of harry potter that are obscure, like how many people do you get asking for harrymort?
True, but in general, those fandoms are for the most popular fantasy novel, most popular cartoon, and two of the most popular shounen anime. If it was about an uncommon ship or little-known spinoff, that'd be a different story.

True, but in general, those fandoms are for the most popular fantasy novel, most popular cartoon, and two of the most popular shounen anime. If it was about an uncommon ship or little-known spinoff, that'd be a different story.
True. I mean I love to role play Harry Potter but I'm quite picky as to my stories, so it can be hard to find role players sometimes.

Well it's not really obscure but the idea of a Fire Emblem (Specifically, Three Houses) rp is something I'm interested in.

As for obscure, a Ninjago or Ninjago based rp would be kind of interesting. I could even make a minifigure for a face claim.

I'm dying to Role play as Revy in a Black Lagoon rp, particularly Revy x Balalaika, but there's nothing :'c

Tamora Pierces world (I've read most her books) Michael Grants Gone series, Scott Westerfields Uglies series also all come to mind.

i guess i'll add to this and say vampire the masquerade: bloodlines. the game itself is obscure enough but the roleplay subgroup is somehow even smaller - even though it's a very pure roleplaying game. not to mention that the vtm setting overall is amazing.

otherwise id say morrowind as a setting is fairly rare. skyrim is pretty common, but the morrowind setting (whether 3e 427 or the 4e alt setting) is not something i've stumbled upon. also the metro series hh,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back