Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I would love to roleplay as some of the premade characters from Sims 2, specifically those from Strangetown or Pleasantview. I just love the drama, mystery, and nostalgia of those families!

Been browsing the site's other forums now and wow, this is a good question despite it being an old thread!

I'd say Sunless Sea, an indie game set in world where Victorian London was invaded by Hell and brought underground to the Unterzee, a dark, massive ocean right below the Earth. Most of the gameplay revolves around piloting a ship, managing its crew and supplies, as well as morale, while most if not all interactions are done via text. The writing was amazing! As a non-native speaker, it really broadened my vocabulary.

I'd love to roleplay within its universe someday due to how mysterious and somewhat lovecraftian it can get. I have this fixation with concepts like the unknown, what lurks in the dark and whatnot, and the game's narrative fits right into that.

I wouldn’t even call this one an obscure fandom necessarily, because from what I understand it is fairly popular, but...

JoJo Bizarre Adventure (JJBA)!

I have found a grand total of one person to Rp this with (quite recently actually and it is AMAZING). Still, I’m so into the show and there are so many different seasons with Rp potential that I wish there were more! Hopefully when part six is released the desire for it will increase here on RpN!

An Obscure fandom I would love to RP is Destiny 1/2. However, like the word suggest, it isn’t a popular game. Most people haven’t heard about it or they haven’t played it. However, you don’t need to play the game to know about the story or lore since the lore isn't entirely shown when you play the game. Most destiny players have to go to external websites or YouTube to learn about the lore.

To make matters worse, I don’t want to do Oc x Oc inside the world of Destiny. I’m not against it but that seems to what most users are looking for when they want RP Destiny. So, it’s gonna be near impossible to find someone willing to play Saint 14 for my guardian OC. XD

An Obscure fandom I would love to RP is Destiny 1/2. However, like the word suggest, it isn’t a popular game. Most people haven’t heard about it or they haven’t played it. However, you don’t need to play the game to know about the story or lore since the lore isn't entirely shown when you play the game. Most destiny players have to go to external websites or YouTube to learn about the lore.

To make matters worse, I don’t want to do Oc x Oc inside the world of Destiny. I’m not against it but that seems to what most users are looking for when they want RP Destiny. So, it’s gonna be near impossible to find someone willing to play Saint 14 for my guardian OC. XD

There is a Destiny PSN Clan on RP nation. I've stopped playing the game so never got to see what it was like, but I'll bet if there are people who'd be up for the RP you mentioned, you'd find them there. Also I believe Saint 14 has been featured in this latest season so it might be fresh in peoples mind.

Video Games - RpNation Destiny 2 Clan Could see if they have a Discord.

The Carry On series by Rainbow Rowell, the Emelan universe from Tamora Pierce. And something based on the Chaos of Stars. It’s a cool take on mythological parents of mortal kids trope.

Lobotomy corporation...it's a very fun video game that's basically like an SCP monster management simulator? It's super fun and the story is really interesting. But I will warn it has a lot of dark themes and is in general very horror-centric. The translation team was also just a single guy, so it can be pretty rough sometimes. I've started making ocs for it and I'm just like aaahh it seems so fun to write with!

A ton.

Most of them aren't even that obscure simply fandoms that people do not tend to roleplay: Haven, Agents of SHIELD, Orphan Black and His Dark Materials. And quite a few more that I simply can't think of at this moment in time.

senki zesshou symphogear: I finished season 1 and started season 2, but the concept and characters are amazing. While you think it's a run of the mill Magical Girl anime, it's first episode starts off dark, and it has lots of twists and turns.

I wouldn't even mind being an OC Symphogear user if we did that.

I'd love to roleplay with Tamora Pierce's Magic Circle Universe.

I am happy to do an AU of the canon OR use the characters/elements in a different fandom/modern times.

I think it's such a creative world that she made with so many interesting elements to explore. Kinda like Harry Potter in a way where the world is so intricate that you almost just want to set your toys in the sandbox and see what you come up with.

I'm like super into crossing that world with Harry Potter, especially as the main focus of the protagonists story-lines is all about found family and overcoming traumatic childhoods. Hello boy-who-lived have you met your people?

Problem is I have met only one other person on this site who had even heard of Tamora Pierce. And they were more familiar with her Tortall World to boot, which is totally separate from the Magic Circle Universe.

Was that other person me? I've roped a couple of people into Tortall-themed roleplays, you can check them out if you have a look at the links in my signature :)
I had what I thought was a really good one going for a while but then the other player ghosted :(

I would love to try so many of these... A-Team really could so make that into something.

Mine would involve mostly worlds from books, and I have tried to do some Jane Austen.

I tried to host an Austen ball once, I think it could work once I got some more experience as a GM and found the right players.

An Agents of shield-esque RP, A His Dark Materials and, because I loved them as a kids, Narnia or Maximum Ride.

Weird I know.

Damn, His Dark Materials could be awesome! I often think about the people I know and what daemon they would have...

Not sure how many people know about this game series, but I'd like a Postal rp. Not sure how it would go down, but it would be full of chaos.

Not obscure but I haven't seen any roleplays surrounding it here.

Video Games;
- Danganronpa
- Corpse Party
- Persona
- Castle Cats (this is out of the blue but I thought it'd be amusing, the same concept as Kancolle and them, but instead it's cats instead of personified humans and they're all based off either fairytale characters, gods, mythical beings, etc.)
- Monster Super League (another out of the blue but amusing, sorta revolves around the same concept as Kancolle and them but is personified mythical beings/gods)
- Sengoku Asura ZERO (more of the concept, a kingdom being destroyed and the daughter of the ruler having to run away and build a whole new kingdom)
Books;
- Maximum Ride
- Warrior Cats
- Survivors
Animes;
- Rosario to Vampire
- Wolf's Rain
- Anything like Food Fantasy, Kantai Collection, Azur Lane, Touken Ranbu where your character is the human personification of certain items in history, like how FF is about personified foods, Kancolle and Azur Lane is about personified warships during ww2 and Touken Ranbu is about personified legendary swords
- No Game No Life (my ex-friend had an rp that she had made inspired by this anime and it was fun)
TV Shows;
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Chat Noir (say what you will but this show has an interesting concept imo)
- Agents of SHIELD
- Fear Thy Neighbor (I enjoy horror concepts)
- TWD (not obscure but I haven't seen it much)
Uncategorized;
- Youtuber

Some others I haven't seen people rping but I'm interested in doing (these are fandom orientated cause I wasn't sure how you could throw ocs into the mix unless someone who knows these has an idea, I'd love to hear or I just prefer rping the characters instead of ocs or I also have an interest of just rping the characters too)

Video Games;
- Elsword
- Vocaloid
- Granblue Fantasy
- Honkai Impact 3rd
- Kemono Friends
- Kancolle
- Touken Ranbu
- Super Smash Bros. (say what you will, but I did an rp like this and it was pretty fun)
- Video games crossovers
Animes;
- Hetalia
- Every single idol anime/game you can think of
- Diabolik Lovers
- DRAMAtical Murder (I doubt this is one that's fit for RPNation, though),
Uncategorized;
- Creepypasta

These are only a few I could think of at the top of my head-

Elder Scrolls rp, preferably set in the 2nd Era. Haven't found anybody willing to do this.
Or be willing to do a crossover with them.

A roleplay in the style of What We Do In The Shadows.
I can already see it now.

"Why are you hanging on the roof, Mikhail?"
"Well you see, it's a rather long and horrifying tale, filled with blood and-"
"You saw a cockroach and now you can't get down?"
"... Maybe."

Hakumei to Mikuchi. A world where everyone's tiny AND it's slice of life? You bet I'd roleplay that.

The Man in the High Castle. Both the TV show and the book could work, although the TV show goes more in-depth about the universe itself. I just feel it's an interesting premise and there's plenty of potential for lots of different subplots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back