Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Obscure Fandoms; Oh boy theres a few of them...though not all of them are 'Obscure' neccessarily as much as odd/Hard to find though there are some

Van Helsing
-The movie; with Hugh Jackman; NOT the Anime-
I even have a plotline for this....

Yu-Gi-Oh! The oriignal/4kids dub

Demon Detective Neuro Nougami

Kamisama Kiss

Ouran Host Club

The Originals

Labyrinth

And I could list a few more haha

Bleach seems to have a smaller RP community. What I can tell is a lot of them really like powerplaying as well, so its generally a bummer.
I remember someone tried to join the multifandom RP I help run as Ichigo but with all his personality stripped away because "friendship is dumb, you should only care about being the strongest" or something. Just, off-brand and out-of-character for the sake of powerplaying in an RP focused on narrative and character interaction.

I remember someone tried to join the multifandom RP I help run as Ichigo but with all his personality stripped away because "friendship is dumb, you should only care about being the strongest" or something. Just, off-brand and out-of-character for the sake of powerplaying in an RP focused on narrative and character interaction.

lol I was in bleach rp with a power playing ichigo once too. XD if ichigo was an original rp character no gm worth their salt would accept him.

The concept for Ichigo in the first chapters would make a fine enough RP character, its just the later power-build and inconsistencies that mess it up. 😤

I personally would've down-scaled all of that, cause Ichigo just has too much going on

Manga authors aren't allowed rough drafts. Their published content is the only draft they seem to be allowed. No edits. Only deadlines.

That much is true, that and some of their editors butting in and jacking their flow of creativity

Manga authors aren't allowed rough drafts. Their published content is the only draft they seem to be allowed. No edits. Only deadlines.

They do make rough drafts, they do thumbnails which they send to their editor every week. Then these are discussed and changes made.

Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000. While they are "popular" they are surprisingly hard to find. The same with Warcraft to be honest. I don't think I've ever seen a Warcraft RP site.

Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000. While they are "popular" they are surprisingly hard to find. The same with Warcraft to be honest. I don't think I've ever seen a Warcraft RP site.

I don't know how popular Warhammer is on this site, but I know that they, or at least 40K, are rather popular where I've come from.

As for Warcraft, yeah, I've got the same feeling. I've had some die out on me as interest checks, some after everyone made CSes, etc. Even had people get my hopes up but crushing them by a) wanting to play canon characters, which I don't do, or b) wanting a "girl with two pumpkins and an eggplant" (hopefully that's PG-13 for any youngsters that might be reading this; don't look it up if you don't know what I'm referring to).

I don't know how popular Warhammer is on this site, but I know that they, or at least 40K, are rather popular where I've come from.

As for Warcraft, yeah, I've got the same feeling. I've had some die out on me as interest checks, some after everyone made CSes, etc. Even had people get my hopes up but crushing them by a) wanting to play canon characters, which I don't do, or b) wanting a "girl with two pumpkins and an eggplant" (hopefully that's PG-13 for any youngsters that might be reading this; don't look it up if you don't know what I'm referring to).

Yeah I prefer off-site RP versus single-site or mass-genre sites and Warcraft sites and even RP are super difficult to find. I'm generally opposed to canons as player characters, I prefer mostly using them as plot movers and shakers.

I've likewise had a few die out in interest check! I feel your pain!

I get the impression some people don't even know Warhammer Fantasy exists. 40k has eclipsed it that much in popularity.

Yeah I prefer off-site RP versus single-site or mass-genre sites and Warcraft sites and even RP are super difficult to find. I'm generally opposed to canons as player characters, I prefer mostly using them as plot movers and shakers.

I've likewise had a few die out in interest check! I feel your pain!

Every Warcraft RP I've seen off-game is either someone's fetish or doesn't make it past the opening scenes. It is very odd that Warcraft is that niche, but Dragon Age seems to have similar issues with RP viability.

Every Warcraft RP I've seen off-game is either someone's fetish or doesn't make it past the opening scenes. It is very odd that Warcraft is that niche, but Dragon Age seems to have similar issues with RP viability.

I know I've seen a few, I personally lead one, that was more free-form and it worked well but just didn't have the membership

I've always been interested in a rp set in the Dresden Files universe, it's a really good sand box to work with with lots of potential options for book based characters and creating new options that fit in well.

My obscure fandoms mostly revolve around books and comics.

I’m a fan of Remender’s work so Tokyo Ghost, Devolution, and Strange Girl are some of the characters/worlds/narratives that I’d love to explore! Deadly Class is on my to read list too.

I’ve also just started Neil Gaiman’s Sandman so that might be something to consider for the future.

But at the moment, I’m craving doing a Good Omens RP! The ineffable husbands are just too adorable together, having just finished the TV series yesterday. If you’re down to start something light-hearted, casual, and easy-going in terms of posting, let me know! 👍

Here is one that a lot of people might've not heard of: But I'd love to try out an Eternal Card Game RP, preferably with OCs.
Kengan Ashura would be sick to RP too

Last edited:
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is honestly one I’ve been dying to rp for a while now. Can’t seem to find anyone who knows this.

I almost never do fandom RP, largely because I prefer making and interacting with entirely original characters (not to say you can't do this within a fandom RP), but also because the things I think I'd like to RP are usually pretty niche and not well known of. I prefer RPing within media where there's a lot of room for original creation and so far the only things that really fit this for me I've found are pretty obscure.
Rock and Rule, Blood Drive, Mad Max: Fury Road (more well known but not really that popular anymore) are what immediately come to mind for me. Anyone else got something you'd love to RP but can't find a willing partner?

I started roleplaying in 2015 when YouTubers Markiplier and JackSepticEye were known as Septiplier to a large part of their combined communities. Septiplier was something I shipped heavily and used as my way of getting into roleplay. I haven't got to roleplay the ship since 2017 and I honestly miss it a lot.

I finally caught up on Ward after dropping it over the summer and I really need to participate in a Parahumans RP.

Ohhh this is fun! These are just off the top of my head but I might think of some later on.

- Cardcaptor Sakura
-Persona 3: not so much obscure as it is hard to find, in my opinion at least.
-Jade Empire
-Pikmin: I know super random but I have a plot idea that I would kill to try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back