• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ↱OASIS↲

Gwyneth

Behind the bar

She doesn't look up from the glass she's washing, but it's obvious she's smiling.

"350! For a quill boar? Must be some sort of specimen then." The glass is set down with an audible clunk as she looks up, eyes unblinking with a wide smile. "How about you give me the boar and I wipe out your tab here and put a free 150 on your account?"

Her wires pull up, lifting her just enough so it seems she skates over to him, leaning forward on the bar with the same big smile

@Beowulf

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't like that smile she gave him, made him feel like he was stuck in a spider's web. But it was only a feeling, right? Either way, she had more then cut his offer in half, and only to spend that amount here. He appreciated the offer, but that wouldn't quite cut it. "150? Now I might as well have gotten a runt for that price. 250, with 50 on my account." was his counter proposal. He could still get something for 200 credits. And the 50 could maybe get him another deal in the future, with someone else of course. He probably could sell it for 200 credits, simply because he didn't want to look for someone else that might buy it.

"Let me get you a drink, on the house."

She reaches down into the makeshift cooler, hand digging into the ice to retrieve bottled perfection. A bottle of her homebrew, a sweet hoppy beer great to take the dust of the world out of a persons mouth.

She pops the top with her thumb, letting the cap fall to the ground before sliding it over to him.

"250, a hundred here on tab and a hundred and fifty upfront with a stock option on an upcoming oppertunity."

Her eyes widen to match the grin.

@Beowulf

Connor considered to offer, taking the beverage while he was at it. 100 here on tab, that was a few drinks he could get for free, such as the one he was taking a sip of now. And 150 could get him something out there. But it was that last part that he wasn't to sure about. "What kind of opportunity?" he asked, he curiosity showing. If she meant his hunting and giving her first pick, he could agree with that. It would be a steady income, and only one person to go to, instead of the wide and variable possible contacts that may or may not buy off him. However, if it was an opportunity for her, he had to know what he was getting himself into.

Gwyneth

The Bar

"I'm going to..." She thwaps her hands on the counter, excitement on her face. "Open an Inn!" She stares, trying to gauge his reaction. "I'm going to build a second floor and set up some rooms up there. Maybe hire a few whores, get a piano. We could have bar fights and people getting thrown from my second floor. Simple things."

The wires retract, pulling her body up into the air before setting down on the other side of the bar. She walks over to the entrance, waving her hands to mime where she'd be building things. "Stairs here, support beams along here, It'll be great. Oh, right" She walks back over, dragging her hand over a table before sitting next to him. "Right, I want you to spend some of your beast money on investing. I have to buy some supplies and hire some people. I can give you a percentage of the profits annnnnd offer a free room when you stay. Maybe you can bounce from time to time?"

She looks up, the toothy smile returning.

alicerobot.png

Mood: Confused

Location: Genesis Corporation warehouse near the edge of the crater.

Company: Amy [Mainframe]

@'s:
@DamagedGlasses

Other: -
Alice

"Well, you're quite a way out today, young lady! Suppose, it's only a 30 minute walk to the edge of the town... Well, for me." Alice mulled over, tapping at her leg with her hand as she thought. She could move at a constant pace, but human legs got tired, tiredness being something she herself hadn't felt since climbing out of her old lab many years back.

Looking around herself as Amy took her goggles off, Alice felt that she wasn't in any noticeable danger, not from Amy anyway, although Alice was more than sure she could beat away a child if need be, she
was mechanical after all.

"Hmm? Oh! The couplings! Yeah, yeah! I need them for a generator back in town. I kind of accidentally melted the last pair trying to overcharge an ion cutter power pack... Not my brightest hour." Alice explained, walking over to retrieve the couplings from the floor where she had left them to go hide earlier. As she spoke her face plate lit up with a few animated pictures, a cartoon character from ages past playfully knocking themselves on the side of their head with a wink, and sticking their tongue out in a sort of
"Oh, silly me" gesture

Coming back towards Amy with the couplings in hand, Alice finally registered what the girl had said. She's out here to restore the power?

"Wait. You want to restore power out here? In this shitty broken warehouse in more or less the middle of nowhere... One question. Why?" Alice asked in a more than confused tone. What would be the point in putting power on out here.

Placing her hands on her hips as she worked through reasons to have power on in the warehouse, maybe to let the lizardbats see while they ate, Alice felt the power couplings tap against her leg....

"You don't... need these, do you?" She questioned worriedly, nodding her head towards the couplings. Alice had worked hard to get these, she'd been out all night looking for them, and they were in pretty good shape too. Hopefully whatever Amy needed to do didn't involve them, doubtful, but Alice could hope.

Connor did not respond right away. An inn? And she wanted whores and people being thrown out of the second story window. Did she think this was some sort of old? I mean, those movies were truly ancient, and they told of a time even older. She couldn't be.... She was serious. Well, perhaps he could turn this his way and help her out at the same time.

"Alright. I'll invest. I'll make it 150 credits, and I get a discount." he said, helping her and him at the same time. He never said what the discount would be, and he hoped she picked up on that. That way, they could both walk away happy, him having to pay less for everything there and she with more money to put towards an inn.

Gwyneth

All her fingers manage to intertwine as she jumps over and hugs Connor. She squeezes just tight enough to worry him before letting go with a big open mouth smile on her face, matching unblinking eyes included.

"Perfect! Perfect! We will make so much money. You'll be a perfect fit."

She floats up and over to the door, cords going limp as she takes a few steps outside. Her hand goes up to shield from the sun, looking around for the carcass

Oh god, she had really scared him just then. More and more he felt like he was in a spider's web. And he had just made a deal with one. That thought alone caused him to shiver slightly. How he would pity the man that fell for her.

"Should be outside. Hung it up on the left side so dogs couldn't get it." he said, walking out to bring the quill boar down. "Now," he said, grunting slightly as he took it down, "where's the kitchen so I can clean this?" he asked. He might as well do that while he was here, it was the least he could do after she didn't crush him.

Gwyneth

"Just back this way," she gestures back inside. "Kitchen is small but clean. I normally just need the frier. Some beast steaks will be up on the menu this week. Just what to do with the quills themselves?"

Her cords tighten, yanking her back in. She holds onto the cords above her head, tucking her legs in, almost pantomiming a child on a swing. She hangs above the bar for a few minutes, watching for Connor to enter with the beast before dropping down to assist.

Connor staggered in shortly after, quill boar being held by the head. He thought he could carry it in like this no problem. As it turned out, it was a bit more difficult then he expected. But, he managed, and got the boar onto the table. "I don't know what you could do with those damn things." he said, having been poked a few times. As he spoke, he looked around for a knife to begin gutting and cleaning the boar. "Use them as kebab sticks or something." he said, finding a knife and briefly waving it over his head before getting to work. "Who ever buys those deserve to get cut." he continued, though admitedly more softly and to himself.

"Whoever buys those deserves to be cut? Buys the steaks? I think they'll just be trying to feed themselves. Are you worried that they'll get hurt, I'll find something else for them if you think they will"

Gwynnie comes over, hands over her mouth, with concern on her face.

"I can't have people getting hurt here, bad for business"

Anastasia Archer

Omega Research

“...It has long since been shown the potential for talented individuals to prove beneficial to the needs of Omega, however there is too much we don’t understand about these arisen abilities for us to be able to harness that power for ourselves. With this is mind have we started project T.I.R.P., the Talented Individual Research Project in which we have hoped to extract exactly what these ‘talented’ individuals possess to make them so, and the means of which their bodies are able to cope.” A professionally dressed woman clad in black attire spoke in front of a room of the high ups of Omega. They already knew all of this, however it was an important part for Anastasia to re-affirm before continuing on with the rest of her proposal.

“As you all know, the emergence of a small town was made known to us after a mysterious explosion at a Genesis research facility near this sector here…” Anastasia continued, several images flicking up upon the screen as she did so depicting the city in question with images from before and after the incident. “The explosion was previously thought to destroy the town and created a toxic environment, causing the deaths of many of the town’s inhabitants with a residual substance from the initial explosion. This ‘mist’ continues to linger around the area today, making it unsafe for any individual, save for the talented… Something about their bodies allows them to live and even potentially activate dormant talented when come into contact with this substance. Genesis made no remarks when inquired and simply dropped the project. We, however, have intended to find out why.” Seeing the general nods coming from her small, formal audience, Anastasia flicked past several silenced clips she had managed to take from a drone weeks ago depicting the town, the old Genesis facility, and finally a pair of talented exercising their abilities. As the sequence concluded, Anastasia went on with her presentation.

“Upon making contact with the area, we were initially met with aggression- however one individual stepped forwards and offered information; one Phillip Parson. Before recently becoming compromised, Phillip was able to defer to me the location and many of the details of the area.” Anastasia took a moment, glancing back to the screen at the flickering image of the now executed man’s face. It had been evident when the two had met Phillip was willing to go to such risks in pursuit of Ana’s affection. Such a thing was hard won however, but that didn’t stop Anastasia from using his feelings for her own gain. He had been a pawn, nothing more than a pebble on the road she was walking on. Still, it was unfortunate he had to die… she could have used to spy a little longer.

“As I said however, Phillip was unfortunately compromised leaving us with no solid connection to Oasis at the moment. I aim to change this… they say with calamity comes progress after all.” Anastasia continued, brushing a lock of hair from her face before gesturing to the folders sitting before the meeting’s audience. “As you will find in the proposals I have provided, I have suggested a plan to infiltrate Oasis under the guise of researching a cure. Our source detailed that many inhabitants are unhappy with their abilities, however Omega is reportedly seen as an aggressor in the area, so I expect a movement in this fashion to be met with some resistance.” No, she was more counting on that fact… but that was to come later, as an initial step to the more hostile part of the plan, which for policital reasons, she wasn't planning on discussing during the current meeting. “As well as providing a fair humanities reason for our presence, this will allow Omega to begin researching these talented in much greater detail. The mission may be a chance risky, however the payoff would be monumental, as I’m sure you’ll agree. Thank you.” Anastasia finished her speech, giving a small polite bow before staring out upon the audience with a blank face. She hadn’t told them the whole story, no. Ms. Archer had to gloss over many of the more… gritty details, however all the Omega head would be expecting them. A more detailed version was available in her proposal, which the audience was now looking through between nods and silent murmurs.

“This is all well and good Ms. Archer, but as you said. It will be a dangerous mission, you’re sure you’d head this field project yourself?” A question arose from the group. Ana stepped forwards again and gave a slight nod. “Of course. To put it simply, I want to see them for myself.”

Only a short time had passed since the meeting before Anastasia had gotten approval and began her move. Collecting the necessary items Ana had gathered a small crew of assistants before beginning their approach to the town. Representing Omega, she did not want to appear hostile to the populace, so only covert means of protection would be brought. The rest would just have to be played by ear.

Hours later, a medium sized jet black aircraft rocketed from the Omega facility towards the desolate town. Inside, Anastasia Archer and her assistants dawned a set of exosuits to protect themselves from the atmosphere of the area before the ship began to set down near the edge of the town near the remains of the Genesis Facility.
"Remember. No guns. We are here to play nice first..." she spoke cooly before securing her helmet on her head, Anastasia nodded to her small crew as they began to open the cruiser’s hatch to the outside, toxic environment. So far, it seemed nobody had shown up to spit fire on them, but as their entrance was anything but suttle, she knew to expect a reaction from the town.

with - n/a

location - Oasis outskirts, Genesis Facility

Mood - Anxious

OOC -

Olive Eades

Seeing as the men seemed a bit taken aback, Olive capitalizes on the oppertunity.

"I grant you both peace, go and serve the Lord" she closes her eyes, smiling and bowing her head once before heading off on her own.

Olive had been in the town a while, at least as long as her memories permitted her. There was a hazy section where God had decided to lead her but that was something else entirely. But ever since she'd felt the calling in Oasis she'd been busy.

The Church in Oasis proper was little more than a reclaimed warehouse with dividers from some office building to differentiate the shelters she had from the Chapel proper. It wasn't much but she had cots, food, and warmth with a little privacy. Anyone was allowed to stay there provided they follow certain rules. Not everyone did but a half dozen or so managed. Even smaller was her clergy. A few dedicated individuals worshipping through her. She loved them just as much as they loved her but some things had to be done on her own.

Across the lands outside Oasis, Olive would travel to her Shrines. Small stations of veneration she erected and maintained to both guide pilgrims to her Church and to show that Hope still thrived in this world.

Her followers would see to the dead man, Olive had a shrine to visit in his honor. A flower from town plucked to represent him, she started off towards the North Shrine. A solemn place built near the ruins from where God had directed her.

Her shrine here was a black charred thing, a cross for the damned. At the base dozens of interwoven flowers lay dried together. Each one some crime committed.

The shrine lay in the distance, just over the hill when a roar passed over. It was a vehicle of some sort, nothing like she'd ever seen but not out of the realm of possibility. As it passed she hurried up over the hill to watch it land down by the old buildings.

Olive peeks over, watching a few suited individuals climb out. While they appeared cautious they didn't seem overly hostile and the Lord did say to treat everyone as a possible new neighbor.

Standing up over the hill's precipice, Olive calls down.

"You group there, do you stand in the Light of God?!"

@KiraInfinite

Connor gave her e very confused look. She was the one that wanted people fighting and being thrown out of the second story window. But at the thought of one if then being cut by the food and she disapproves. Fine, fine, it's not going to be his inn, he just owns a part of it. "Alright, then there is practically nothing you can use the quills for." he said, cutting then out quickly as he skined the quill boar. He would have had to done that anyway, but ge might have been a bit more delicate around the quills. Oh well, they were made from strong stuff, they should be fine.

Anastasia Archer

Omega Research

With the circumstances of her entry to the town, it was a gamble at who the Omega agents would encounter first. Still, she hadn’t expected the first representative they would encounter would be so young, or to ask Ana such a question right off the bat. Well, Oasis attracted all walks of life as Anastasia’s reports indicated… The girl spoke in a surprisingly low voice for her appearance in a somewhat haunting tone. Ana gestured for her companions to stay put before taking a step forwards with a friendly smile on her face.

”Praise the Lord, Oh my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” Ana spoke in a cool and equally haunting tone, performing a small introductory bow to the girl. Psalm 103:2... She wasn’t religious herself, however it had always surrounded her and Ana knew that having some knowledge in the area could play to her advantage. For now it could simply be a means of making good terms, and after all their superficial goal was to research a cure. Almost noble if one didn’t consider the hidden agendas behind the research, but she wouldn’t let such things be exposed. Not yet at least. ”Indeed, we do come with good intent… though I’ll be the first to confess we are here on missionary work. On behalf of Omega, we are here to supply aid to the people of Oasis as well as being researching a cure for the afflicted.” Ana finished with a smile. ”Tell me, could you be so kind as to guide us to the local authority?”

@Teh Frixz

MaInFrAmE

Amy frowned at the robot, cupping her ears at the crass language.
“I don’t much like cursing, Miss Robot. And, uh, yes, I’ve been tasked to restore power and enlarge area of security. I have ways to get electricity back her as long as I can get a stable connection.” Amy hummed a bit under her breath. “I’m afraid that those couplings would have helped out a fair bit. Can you make do without them? If not, I understand. Responsible repair and upkeep on any piece of equipment is something I expect and respect about a person of your situation.”

Amy put her finger to her mouth, putting on a show of thinking as an idea was formed. She smiled, slightly not real looking, and said,
“Could you help me find some stuff to substitute the couplings? Or, maybe, if you’re willing to give those to me, I’d be willing to get my friends to help you find a few more. I know they're rare, but my club can get a lot of stuff done if we put our head together.”

Mainframe was already searching through archives of equipment in the many warehouses on the outskirts of town, looking for any coupling like items. There were a few, but most of them were far off. Now, however, there were a few in the center of town. Only problem would being to get there and search for them without drawing attention. People these days would do a lot for equipment. There was also the problem of whether or not they were in working order or even there. Records were one thing, but raiders didn’t exactly document things they ransacked, annoyingly enough. It appears that Mainframe had spoiled itself with the patterns of hacking, and how there was always a recordable and trackable trace to document.

If the robot didn’t want to give those up, Mainframe also sent out for information on substitutes. There was always the option of using wires and cables already there with makeshift fixes. If that was the case, Amy would definitely need the help of the robot, who would most likely have a better idea of what to do physically and have more protection if something were to go wrong.

@Giyari

alicerobot.png

Mood: Regretful

Location: Genesis Corporation warehouse near the edge of the crater.

Company: Amy [Mainframe]

@'s:
@DamagedGlasses

Other: Busy week with work, sorry for the delay
:/
Alice

"Cussing? Ohhh wait, yeah sorry about that." Alice reponded quietly as Amy talked through her situation. Expanding security sounded like a legit excuse, puttying power back out here would let security cammeras boot up once more, allow the people of Oasis to notice threats before they got closer to the town, well, from this location anyway. With the mention of the power couplings though, Alice felt a slight pang of guilt somewhere inside herself, she was only going to use them to fix her generator after her own shitty mistake, it's not like they were for a job or anything, no one but herself would benefit from them.

Pacing back and forward, spinning on her heels as Alice came to terms with the decision she would no doubt just be making, she let out a pained moan and held the couplings towards Amy.

"Fine, fine! You win... You can have them." She sighed loudly, in a tone that screamed
"I'm going to regret this later". Alice was a citizen of Oasis too though, so any safety measure on the town did work in her favour too, it wasn't like she wasn't getting anything out of this, at least that's what she was trying to say to herself.

"But you'd better hold up on your end of the deal, kid! Without couplings my business will go under, and that means no more repairs for the nice people of Oasis, from me anyway." Alice added, sharply.

"So..." she began, before the sounds of aircraft caught her sensors... "How about we get things going? I don't think things will be too great here in a little while."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back