• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Oakwood Hero Academy (OOC)

Location of Oakwood?

• UK

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • USA

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Japan

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
╔══▭═════◯═════▭══╗

╚══▭═════◯═════▭══╝

Name of academy

×Oakwood Hero Academy×

What does it teach?

×Heroism (Think UA)×

What type of school is it?

×Secondary/Sixth Form (High School)×

How many classrooms?

×24×

What is it's final average grade?

×7/8 (A)×

Students

×400×

Overall staff and headmaster review

×The Teachers and LSAs are really supportive and proficient at helping the students and the Headmaster is great at uplifting and encouraging students in their learning.×

╔══▭═════◯═════▭══╗

╚══▭═════◯═════▭══╝

Motto

×Aspire to Greatness, Inspire Hope×

×Intende Magnitudinem, Speraretur×

Pledge

×To educate the next generation of heroes in mind, body and soul.×

School Animal

×Stag×

╔══▭═════◯═════▭══╗

╚══▭═════◯═════▭══╝

Extracurricular Activities

×All Sport Clubs/Teams can be set up, Board Games and RPGs are always available in the Library, Music Clubs can be set up with teacher support. All else is handled individually.×

Annual events

×Pledge of Heroism: Every year at the end of their first term, First Years will make their public appaearance in which they will choose their Hero Names and make their own pledge to perform heroics in some way.

Coming of Age Tournament: Fourth Years, the week before they finish schooling, compete in a tournament to show how far they've come. Events other than fighting can be arranged, though they are at student request.

Sports Day: Self-Explanatory, students compete in various sports with various restrictions on quirk usage. Normally done on the day before Summer Holidays begin.

Apprenticeships: Second Years will spend a month as an apprentice of a Pro Hero.

Midwinter Ball: On the Winter Solstice, Third Years will enjoy a night of dancing, singing and various other activities from dusk to midnight.×

╔══▭═════◯═════▭══╗

╚══▭═════◯═════▭══╝

Dorms

×During the school terms (September-December, January-April, April-July), students are housed in dormitories of 2-4 students, seperated by gender but not age. These dorms contain bedrooms, desks with computers and very basic kitchen facilities.×

╔══▭═════◯═════▭══╗

╚══▭═════◯═════▭══╝

Organisation

×There are four years of schooling at Oakwood. First Year(14-15), Second Year(15-16), Third Year(16-17) and Fourth Year (17-18).

Within these years there are 5 classes of roughly 20 students. Classes A-C are the Field Hero classes, focusing on rescue and power training. Class D is the Support Hero class, focusing on healing, invention and tactics. Class E is the Everyday Hero class, focusing on economics, law and science.

Also within the organisation of the school are 4 houses, a staple in British Schooling.

The Houses are:

-Anglion (House Colours are Red and White, House Symbols are Lion and Rose)

-Cymric (House Colour is Yellow, House Symbols are Dragon and Daffodil)

-Scopick (House Colours are Blue and White, House Symbols are Unicorn and Thistle) and

-Eyre (House Colours are Green and Orange, House Symbols are Wolfhound and Clover)

Houses are mainly cosmetic, only affecting uniform colours and sports day, in addition to the main reward system being House Points, which are tallied up at the end of the year and a reward is given to all students of the winning house.

I think the concept of 14-15-year-old picking hero names that potential stick with them *forever* is hilarious.
IDK how old you guys are, so maybe this won't seem too bad. But me imagining my 14yo self picking a nickname that sticks with me FOREVER, is terrifying.
I did have a couple nicknames when I was younger and I think the one that was closest to the age 14-15 was the nickname Burrito.

Your First Year name is purely for your own sake, Fourth Year (17-18) is when you gain your full licence and thus your official 'Hero Name', though you can always change it later if wanted.

Lmao, that's why Flame's just gonna use their real name xD

Maybe their callsign, but that's a massive maybe

Oh wait I lied, Burrito was my friend. I was Noodles.
We all had food names, because... Funny?

Well I updated my characters name, now I should get around to finishing her appearance.

As in another entity possessing them, or them possessing others? One is similar to Tokoyami, the other is godmodding.

Similar to tokoyami. I kinda want to a shaman king route and have my character be possessed by a samurai. Mainly so I can use Zoro faceclaims lol.

If not, I have other ideas.

Flame's suit.png
This is Flame's suit.

I didn't pay attention to anything but the pose.

The helmet folds back and the mouth-guard can slip to the sides to allow her to use her first ultimate (the one she's working on at the moment).

Also, SHITTY BACKGROUND! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Elysium Elysium That's fine, just try not to go full possession akin to MPD. ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Flame in front of the Aurora Borealis phenomenon?

Also, sorry if I'm really slow/infrequent with posting, characters etc. at the moment. I should have all the time in the world to indulge in my hobbies givent that it's Summer Holidays now, but thanks to Corona-chan I've been having to do a term/semester and a half of work from home and fallen behind, so now I'm in this really weird mental state where I need to do the work (heading into my final year of GCSE qualifications, so I would be fucked if I had to catch up in September) but I really don't want to because it's the holiday and I'm just getting nothing done instead. I'm not sure if I should reach out to my teachers, or mum, or whatever because I feel like this should be easy. Just do the work, just catch up, just work, just do it. But it's not. Sorry for this vent/rambling, and I'll try to keep IRL out of this from here on out, but just trying to justify a lack of attention/commitment. I'm still continuing this for as long as I can, so don't worry.

I could make a female student. Probably in 2nd, 3rd or 4th Year, so playing Cup's role with the girls. I'm also making a few others, though, so I would take a while.

I have a few more characters I thought about *maybe* making... Though I might just start from scratch instead of reusing. Which will take more time.

Come again?

Excuse my moronitude, but I don't believe you mentioned the Aurora borealis phenomena

Flame's in front of the school

Oooooh XDDD

No, lol. My brain was going neon lights, but I was too lazy to make an actual background, so j just slapped color down and blurred it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back