• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The school day was coming to a end at Oakdale high, students left the school grounds or headed off to attend their clubs and extracurricular activities.
02b27479723f34151ff7de711ce1ab75.png
One 'club' however was doing something they shouldn't be doing...The poetry club, though despite its name it was more like a gang of oddballs rather then a group who gathered to write and discuss prose.
For example Micah Ceede is a member of this club but only to prevent expulsion from the school. After many mistakes the principal demanded he join a club and improve his grades or he would be out on his ass.
Fortunately the boy had improved a bit and being in a club did keep Micah out of trouble somewhat, even if staying out of trouble involved getting into mischief... both are looked down upon but mischievous actions don't usually need the police called before during or after. Though today would be a exception unbeknownst to all involved.

Micah had asked each member to meet him in the music storeroom, a promise of being blown away by musical talent was given previously and Micah intended to deliver. Arriving early to set up a bass for the demonstration he was about to give...
j2DhJtCaOvtYOKJh_HzgMqfl08ndpsuXa1NDjp6hWyTZx3oYsXR-nXo1Au5Hn40ykQ54-uqT1b8WZaPn7_ZsvHolpKcAdo...jpg
Micah still had his bag on his back with his skateboard leaning by the door as he strummed the four strings of the bass guitar. For the last four months the young man has practiced one song, he can now play it and by golly someone had to agree that "this shit bangs"
==============
Oh hey it seems like your standard highschool rp. Let's see how it isn't...
Chiester Chiester LieutyXII LieutyXII

Ignore the music room picture somewhat, it's the only decent picture I could find and it shouldn't have a circle of shoes or shadow people (yet)

Last edited:
Sporty boy.jpeg

Alphen groaned and walked down one of the many halls of Oakdale High, twisting and turning to get to his destination. He had promised to pop by the music storeroom to get his pants blown off by some tunes, something he would usually be down for any day of the week. Unfortunately, the past couple of weeks had been rough and busy for the seventeen-year-old. First, he was chewed out not only by his teachers but by his coach and mother as well. Why you may ask? Well, he was failing English of course. He could speak English just fine, why'd he have to go on and on, writing out essay after essay when he could be playing ball?

That led to him getting recommended (forced) in the poetry club. A club that focused on...well...poetry. It was supposed to help him get extra credit and "improve upon his communication and writing skills". Pfft, yeah right. Like, how was "The fox jumped over the box' gonna help him" He rolled his eyes and let out a yawn, turning the corner once again to finally come face to face with the music storeroom door. Walking forward, he pushed open the door and saw another member of the club, the one who invited them here, strumming an instrument. Micah was a bit of a weird one, though to be fair everyone in the club was at least a little strange. Al really expected his first meeting with the boy to go more sour than it really did, having heard the rumors of him along with his particular...uh...look that he seems to always have. Turns out he was pretty friendly so long as you, yourself was friendly. Something Alphen could easily do.

Looking down, he saw the teens' skateboard leaning against the wall, right next to the door frame, and decided to drop his own bag next to it, opting to get rid of the extra weight, unlike Micah who still was carrying his. Letting the bag fall to the floor with a *THUNK*, he assumed the noise would have gotten his attention so he gave a small wave with his grin, coming off as friendly as he could. "Yo, Mike. Sorry, I took a bit, the gym is on the other side of the school and Coach wanted to review a few notes for next week's match. Yaknow how it is." He waved him off, clearly expecting the relationship between a student and a coach to be near common knowledge. "Anyways, looks like I'm the first to arrive after all." Moving forward further into the room, Alphen pulled one of the chairs towards him and sat in it in reverse, his chest pushing up against the back rest. "So, gonna play some tunes? I'm always down for some music man but can't stay for too long. Kinda on a short leash with my mom right now thanks to my...er...grades."

---
Interactions: NeonFlow NeonFlow

"ladies and gentlemen big Aye!"
Micah strummed the bass with no particular skill, mimicking the act of playing a tune for a guest walking out onto talk show.
"i guess I know, can guess a guess anyway..."
Lightly playing a note or two as they talked Micah went on
"First, but maybe the only actually. Others seemed a bit busy... but I think we can expect Yas. Maybe another..."
Though he sounded unsure at the end. Bouncing back with a smug smile and some genuine enthusiasm.
"I'll play THEE tune, best ever but on a bass. Took me a bit but I have it down now... hah ya grades can't be worse mine, bet you wish you were me though huh? I go home whenever and its fine. Bet if you got my mum to call yours she'd ease up some."
Still strumming randomly Micah continues....

"she's good at talking, doesn't exactly listen though my mum"
With a smile he laughed "we take after our parents sometimes without even knowing it. I try an listen better than I talk though"
With sudden movements from his fingers the noise from the bass sounded awesome for about six seconds before a plinck noise ruined it.
"hey when was the last time this club actually did poetry?"
A fine question with a answer no one could accurately answer.

The poetry club was founded ten years ago by a girl who figured out a way to kick back during school for minimum effort and getting recognized for artsy reasons on top of that. While some members joined and took it seriously, most ended up joining for the hell of it or for similar reasons as the founding member. looks good on paper for doing fuck all.

"I roll like I rhyme and it ain't that bad,
flip shit like Mullen don't be sullen be glad,
as I fuck with poetry and make it call me dad
How rad, but really how mad?
Coming up with words but sounding,
So sad,
Rhyming bad and glad with places like Baghdad
At least miss Rhoades aint on the rag..."

Micah strummed two notes in tune with extremely simple rhymes as they waited before laughing to himself. "promise my actual show is better, but I'm waiting for more than one person."

Last edited:
Just another day in Oakdale. The poetry club should be right around the corner. 12-15 steps away before entry on the Club doorway.

Poetry club for a computer geek is quite an odd choice, especially for a boy like Blake. Whatever his reason maybe he is one of the members. A pink notebook is hugged in his arm and his spider-patterned bag loosely hanging on his back.

Checking the time on his smartphone while opening the door with an absentminded gaze around the room. It seems he has walked in into a middle of a jam session. Only heard Micah's half end of the verse. Despite his late arrival he still gave a silent nod with applause at Micah and a wave hello to the sporty one that is Alphen. Taking an empty chair in the room to be seated, quietly digging through his rather empty bag.

Alphen grinned and relaxed in his seat, obviously not going anywhere despite his earlier comment. He liked the music, even if it was a little out of his forte. The poetry club was fun at times, simply because of the people in it. Micah was definitely, well, a little wild. Alphen understood that. But even then, he was super fun to hang around and made the whole "poetry" aspect of the club fade away, something the orange-haired teen was glad of. Listening to the music some more, he let his eyes wander around the room.

It wasn't too large, just your average-sized music room to be honest. Their school wasn't exactly known for its music program, so that made a little sense to Al. Heck, there was usually not a lot of music being played during some of the games he went to. Basketball would sometimes get some cheer and music but not often, and baseball got basically zero throughout the year. He just guessed that they were simply busy with other band things. Alphen's attention fell back onto the younger boy when he seemed to finish, giving him a bit of hint that his actual 'show' would be better than before. Alphen chuckled at that and rolled his eyes. "What? I'm just not good enough as a single audience member? You're breaking my heart man!" He finished off with a smile, unable to keep a straight face at his cheesy joke.

The door opened and Alphen leaned back, glancing over his shoulder and praying it wasn't some teacher to get on their case. In came Blake and out left the air from Alphen's lungs, thanking whatever deity out there that it was just another member of their club. Now, Blake was another odd one, but in a whole different manner than Micah. He was a shorter boy (Alphen was a whole head taller!) and mostly kept to himself. The jock knew that he was something of a whiz when it came to computers, something Alphen failed at immensely. But besides that, there wasn't really an in for the guy. Nothing to really get a conversation going. He wasn't even really sure why he was in the poetry club. Dude seemed to have a full idea of what he wanted to be, and from Alphen's point of view, probably didn't need any extra credit.

Alphen got a wave after staring a little too long, and he gave a quick wave back, with another large smile. Oh well. He was at least friendly enough, even if they were two very opposite people. Maybe he could ask him how to delete that stupid app that kept redownloading itself on his phone later. Man, he hoped he didn't have a virus...

---
Interactions: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre and NeonFlow NeonFlow

"Then I'm breaking ya heart I guess" Micah laughed stating "I ain't serenading anyone unless I'm trying to get in their pants" If this was a joke or not is debatable but Micah continues
"As long as one other person is here then it isn't two people being sus..."
Blake walked in giving a silent wave to the two, Micah nodded back saying
"and B makes three... suppose the others are too busy, you guys should appreciate this though its a classic, iconic, im emotionally invested in it and ill be somewhat offended if you dont appreciate how much it slaps"
Micah's smile beams confidence as he starts his jam.

Towards the middle of this bop however something seems to happen. The world grows darker and the room seems to glow...dver-svechenie-svet-krasnyi.jpgLike some sort of music video, the bass in Micah's hands glows a magical blue as his fingers move along the strings, the music room swiftly falls into darkness. The windows and walls, the piano, chairs tables walls everything in the room fade into nothing.
Three students of Oakdale high remain in darkness with the only source of light being two magical glowing lights. However as Micah stopped playing only the ominous red glow leaking in the shape of a door remained. Sheer surprise was all the boy could manage. Blinking twice as he stared at the red glow of a door frame Micah asked
"am I having some sort of mental break or can you both see this?"
Micah glanced around the darkness, the bass in his hand no longer plugged into anything but still making sound as if it were when touched. A noise of bewilderment escaped his lips before saying
"Fucking hell... I promise i have no idea whats going on..."
Walking a few steps into the darkness that seemed to span on forever Micah scratches at his head for a moment unable to think of what to do or say.
==========================
LieutyXII LieutyXII Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Your characters are in a room of total darkness with nothing, anything not on them is gone aswell...
In this case micah's skateboard and Alphen's bag.
The only thing our characters can do is wander through seemingly infinite darkness or enter the glowing red door frame portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back