• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy O Thy Fallen Kingdom - Interest Check

Kumii

Hydro Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
700 years ago, in the year 1099, a great war was waged between Magicals and non-Magicals. Though in-between there existed a batch of people who exhibited both magical and non-magical capabilities, who were dubbed 'Hybrids'. In this world, you're either born with an affinity to cast magic or not. When Humans ruled the ruled, magic was an abundancy, an infinite resource that a few scientific experiements quickly destroyed. The 'Human' race was extinguished long ago and what remained were those who use magic and those who couldn't. With the imbalance in nature disrupted, war soon erupted and thus followed the full extinction of the non-Magicals... or so was thought, with the affinity to magic being hereditary, a few magic-inhibited people would pop up. Through fear or prosecution, they ran and they hid and repopulated.

It is now 1799, with the turn of the century fast approaching, a strange peace fell over the world. Whether this peace would last would be up to the inhabitants to decide, but a strange presence looms just over the horizon and the feeling something is about to happen fills the hearts of a strange few, perhaps a Primal God lurks about...?

What are 'Magicals'?
Magicals are this world's mage type. Though they're purely mages, no attack they use is ever without some kind of magical presence. They are born with a kind of uncontrolled affinity that is released with every attack. Some have learned how to cast it, some learned to incorporate it into everyday lives, but they are never without a magical presence.

What are 'non-Magicals'?
Well, the opposite of Magicals. They can't use magic.... at all, no offensive or defensive magic. Instead they tend to focus more on practical skills like swordsmanship, archery, machinery, etc. Despite not being able to use magic, they have been able to keep up with the Magicals in terms of skill and fighting.

What are 'Hybrids'?
They can use either magic, a practical skill or both. They have a controllable presence which they can use in some of their attacks, though not nearly as strong as the raw power a Magical can have.

Questions that might be asked...
"That's all well and good but what can I be?"
Well... any of them, I aim to keep a good balance between the choices and want to give you an amount of freedom that is not normally afforded in this type of 'faction'-like separation. Though keep in mind, non-Magicals can NEVER use or learn magic and a Magical can NOT have an attack that isn't boosted by a magic type (fire, lightning, water, earth, etc.) and a Hybrid can NEVER be stronger then a Magical, in terms of raw power of their magic but CAN be as good as a non-Magical in their skill.

"What's the limit on how many of each there can be?"
I'll let you know when I feel like there's an imbalance in a single area.

"I see you mention a Primal God, what's that?"
Let's just say that Magicals aren't the only you should worry about as a non-Magical.

If any questions weren't here that you have, ask them. :D

Hello, this all seems quite interesting, I'd like to join and perhaps have one of the 'Magicals' role if that's alright with you?

Kumii Kumii how extensive can magic go? I have a friend who's planning on joining if none of the people who've taken magical slots keep their interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back