• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings .•.◦⟡≫ lift me out of life

Purity

Nebulous Member
Introduction
Alright, let’s take this from the top, one last time.

I’m Purity! I’m a 19-year-old uni sophomore studying Computer Science, like pretty much every Asian on the planet. Yep, I’m Korean! When I’m not working on my classes, making money to fuel my sweet tooth and gaming addiction, or playing video games for that matter, I frequent this site looking for stories to write out. I’ve been around for a while now, and there’s a possibility that you, dear reader, have crossed paths with me at some point. If that’s the case, don’t worry! Feel free to browse through here and forget about anything that happened in the past, or bring up some past story that you might want to resume.

EXPECTATION
This time around, I’d like to make things slightly more serious. I’m looking for a long-term partner. Just as you might have expectations for me, I have expectations on what such a partner could bring to the table. Right now specifically, I’m looking for someone interested in worldbuilding and plotting, someone who’s open to looking outside the stereotype box but also equally open to playing with what’s inside, and finally someone I’m able to grow with as a writer.

I write foremost to enjoy the little world with tiny, annoying gnomes in my head coming to life on paper, however I also write to improve. That being said, I’m looking for someone who’s around lazy lit to advanced lit. My average post length varies wildly, anywhere from 800 to 2000+ words depending on several different factors like how excited I am for a certain part of the story or how much time I have. For the most part, I’ll match my partner, but that means that we should be feeding each other enough details to work off of. So as a soft cap, I’m looking for someone who can comfortably average 800+ words. Like I said, that’s a soft cap. If you’re short on time one day, you died, or you have some other reason to write less, that’s fine. But if seeing that number intimidates you, you might want to finish reading everything here before messaging interest. Or you have octophobia.

Communication is important in any relationship, and that’s why I’ll make sure to be as transparent as I can right from the get go. If I do ghost you, that’s not intentional. Either heaven and hell came together to ensure I can’t respond to the conversation, or I forgot. Just bump me after a couple days. If it becomes obvious that we’re not going to be good partners for one reason or another, I’ll let you know. If we do hit it off, and things are going great, I really enjoy OOC chatter and I’ll probably tell you how my day’s going and whether I can post that day. Speaking of OOC, I have Discord if you prefer talking there, and in fact I’m literally active on it 24/7 when not working.

I’d love for all courtesies above to be extended to me. Please tell me what’s on your mind. Tell me if you have things coming up and can’t post for a bit. Tell me if you’ve lost interest in the story, and we can talk about it and what we can change. If you really, really need to, though, you can ghost me. I won’t be overly bothered by it.

I think that about wraps up everything. If you’ve managed to make it this far, tell me about the weirdest word you know!

PRESENTATION
Yay, what this entire thread is actually about! So as a writer, some people like creating characters a lot, some people live by worldbuilding, and some come up with plots or settings left and right. I stick by the latter. Therefore, the plots that I have below will most likely be what I’m craving at the moment, and I’ll attempt and fail to keep them updated regularly. No plot is set in stone. If you have inspirations for how to change a plot or add on to it, I’m all for listening. If you have a plot yourself that you want to try approaching me with, I’m all for listening. This is a collaborative process, not a GM/player relationship. These are just my vague ramblings anyway, so I'll probably introduce changes myself to accommodate things you're craving.

I’m open to both romantic and platonic relationships. If there’s romance involved, I’m most comfortable with MxF, since I haven’t quite been able to capture the nuances of other gender pairings in my writing. Typically, I write females, but I can play as either male or female and I’ll probably create more than one additional character.

I include at least a couple dark themes in all my stories, and it’s pretty easy for me to do since I have zero triggers. Like, I actually have no soul. So please tell me of any triggers that you have, so I have some boundaries I can actually see.

So some formatting to keep in mind before we dive into things:
The themes by each title are tentative
The note is just whatever extra I have to say
is the character I’m leaning towards, but that doesn't mean I'm playing them no matter what
is the other character, or my character, again depending
And with that, onto the plots! I probably forgot something! That’s okay!
ELDRITCH DREAM - medieval, fantasy, psychological, platonic
note: I’m talking, like, MTG Eldrazi-type eldritch. Get what I mean? No? That’s okay, I’m just a nerd.

A long time ago, a dark cult opened a portal into the space between dimensions and brought forth an unspeakable horror into our world, a monstrosity that brought insanity to those that merely stood in its presence. The kingdom it was summoned into easily fell, toppled by hordes of warped animals and humans alike which were twisted by the touch of this eldritch creature. Only the brave actions of a peerless telepath and a paladin of indomitable willpower finally managed to seal it away.

둘 is a newly fully-fledged telepath, powerful and trained to watch over a small shrine in the quiet village of Woodveil. They never understood exactly why a telepath was needed for the job, since the shrine had been undisturbed for centuries and no one even knew what it was for anymore, until they fell asleep that first night in the house near it and in their dreams came face-to-face with… a young girl?
FALL OF HEAVEN - medieval, dark fantasy, angels, demons, snow?
note: An old plot of mine, but I’ve never played it before lol.

Hell has won. The four demon kings of Hell laid siege to and destroyed Heaven, setting on the face of the world like a plague afterwards as they spread their now unbridled dominion over mankind. The destruction of Heaven not only caused the downfall of holy magic, but also spread debris throughout the skies, casting eternal clouds over the world as temperatures plummeted and an endless winter began.

is an angel that has lost their home, their faith, their hope. If they weren't immortal, they would've likely wasted away long ago under the influence of the demon kings, but instead they’re forced to live in a world they couldn’t protect, no different than any other forsaken soul wandering the snow. 둘 is a demon, once reveling in chaos and suffering but now questioning their own beliefs after seeing the fate of Heaven. The two most unlikely of beings meet, and find more in common than either could’ve ever imagined.
SOULS? YUM - modern, fantasy, magic, relationship
note: This is a more laid back RP, kinda cute and funny with some serious notes.

Rosen was once the base of operations for an unbelievably powerful necromancer, one that could literally cause bones to animate themselves by just a flick of their hand. They did as they pleased with the area, claiming hundreds of lives to satisfy their morbid curiosity as they toyed with people like marionettes. Knights, mercenaries, assassins alike couldn’t rid this malign presence, only rising again to serve the necromancer in a mockery of their purpose.

Rosen nowadays is a small town in the middle of pretty much nowhere, hours away from any city, where all the inhabitants know each other and work small businesses.

둘 was just an average, purposeless individual, without much motivation in life. Then they found a supposedly magical tome. What’s more, it contained detailed descriptions of cadavers and a location written just inside the cover. Rosen. It brought them all the way to the doorsteps of , which, as luck would have it, was the very necromancer that terrorized Rosen all those years ago. But they’re slightly different in mindset now. Yeah, no, actually, very different.
AMONG THE CROWD - modern, fantasy, mythological creatures, relationship
note: Same as above.

is a dragon. Except she doesn’t exactly look like one at the moment, and she definitely hasn't looked like a real dragon in quite some time. In a world that’s been completely modernized and ruled by humans, it was necessary for most mythological creatures to disguise themselves. The last dragon knew that openly transformed back into their original form, was pretty sure their dead body was locked away somewhere in Area 51. So, didn’t see much of a choice but to blend in. Still getting used to how human society worked, even after several centuries, she works a fairly innocuous job at a small cafe in an urban plaza.

On more than one occasion, she catches at the cafe, sipping coffee or having a small snack. , aside from a nice, clean appearance accentuated by casual/formal business attire, doesn’t seem all too special save for his smell. He smells like magic to . So when strikes up a friendly conversation with , it doesn’t surprise all that much, until realizes that has absolutely no idea of any magic or myths. , for his part, is just interested in talking to because he doesn't have too many close personal ties.

Well, that’s probably because he's a bit intimidating, owning the entire plaza and most of the surrounding buildings. But why’s that going to stop him from just talking to the person serving them coffee every now and then?
BLOSSOMING SPIRITS - medieval, oriental, fantasy, spirits, demons, worldbuilding
note: Inspired from a lot of different things, this could honestly take a lot of different directions.

The practice of reiken, the spirit sword, is the art of channeling a former reincarnation and their strength into the usage of weapons and/or magic. Few can use it, as few actually have knowledge of their past selves, an important key to mastering the art. But in a world that’s so closely bound to the plane of the spirits, the plane of flowers, it’s important for guiding lost spirits that accidentally wander over the boundary between realms back home and finding more… permanent ones for demons that invade.
DEATHLESS - futuristic, sci-fi, fantasy, space odyssey, worldbuilding
note: This one I’ve been working on for some time, so there is a lot of lore already in place. I’ve thought about turning this into a group RP in the past, so keep that in mind.

The Deathless are what many would argue the next stage in human evolution. A hybrid of unparalleled science and inconceivable magic, the Deathless are separate from humans in that they never truly die. They will resurrect, over and over again, learning more with each life and living for centuries. But a natural penchant for magic and several lifetimes of experience ensures that harming the Deathless is no easy task.

The galaxy is a large place, seeing the rise and fall of several empires throughout its lifespan. The mysteries it contains, all the knowledge lost and found or waiting to be recovered, it has an infinite number of stories to tell and an infinite number furthermore.
ADAPTATION
My fandoms are far and few in-between. Currently, I don’t have too many fandoms I want to RP, but if one of these catches your fancy, know that I only do OC x OC, often in an AU. With that in mind, here you go!

TOKYO GHOUL
I’m always down for a Tokyo Ghoul RP, my numero uno anime of all time.

BNHA
There’s a specific quirk that I want to play around with, don’t mind who ends up playing the character with said quirk!

ATLA
ATLA or TLOK, with a slight preference towards the TLOK era.

CULMINATION
Thanks for taking the time reading through all this! I know it was a lot, sorry about that. If you have any questions regarding the info above or to decide whether you want to write with me, please ask them below! But be warned, posts here will be periodically deleted. Otherwise, direct all interest and details to my PM inbox. See you around the site!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back