• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ̶O̶̶M̶̶E̶̶N̶ - A Twisted Pilgrimage (OOC)

Ayama

Enthusiast
OMEN
A Twisted Pilgrimage
Introduction
Time was never a linear system.

As the end of the 224th cycle approaches, the prescient Augers from the Five Realms have professed the names of the Chosen Ones who must travel to Odem, home of the infamous Avatar of Pain. While it was regarded as the highest prestige that any living being could obtain, the equivalent burden was the sacrifice of four lives at the termination of their journey. Yet, for the remaining survivor, the spoils of victory meant the acquisition of their most paramount desire.

Limitless power. Unparalleled wealth. The subjugation of an entire planet. The reincarnation of a dead lover. The forbidden knowledge of the future. All of what seems impossible was made certain under the Messor’s power, if the Chosen Ones answered its call.

The time has come. Your name was proclaimed.

Will you risk it all to fulfill your destiny?
Storyline
The main story will revolve around the journey of the Chosen Ones to Odem and their ultimate confrontation with the Avatar of Pain, the Messor.

The journey will be broken into three major parts.

First, The Preparation. This is a training of the Chosen Ones by the Augers and the Pantheon, because the journey is a dangerous one. They’ll be taught basic combat, and introduced to the type of challenges that they can expect in Odem.

Second, The Pilgrimage. This is the actual journey through Odem, trying to survive the challenges, pitfalls, and traps of the island. Odem is a planet that feeds on death, so everyone will have to be on their toes.

Third, and most important, is The Preference. This is where everyone will probably either band together or split apart when they confront the Messor. Think of this like The Hunger Games or Squid Games, but with the added strain of an extra boss to fight.
Inspiration
The fabulous @Fortuna is the original creator of this RP, for which the main inspirations were:

Hyperion by Dan Simmons​
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins​
Genshin Impact by miHoYo​
Rules
The goal here is to have 4 committed, long-term players who will be seeing the story through to the end of The Preference, with the possibility for a spin-off or sequel down the line if people are interested.

1. The tone for this RP should be relatively mature, including violence and gore and possible psychological triggers. Please deal with all sensitive subject matter respectfully and, of course, respect RPN rules and the other players.

2. Posting expectations are set at one post a week per character (though of course this can always be slowed down if needed, just as long as people properly communicate). Word count matters less than interesting, well-written posts with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation that contribute to and advance the scene in some way (though try not to drop below 1-2 paragraphs if you can).

3. Collaboration on posts (particularly for fast-paced dialogue or action scenes) is highly encouraged (though of course don't control anyone else's character without permission). You're also encouraged to make your posts as detailed as you want, and to respect your collaborators by reading and responding to their posts as carefully as you craft your own.

4. There are only five open character slots in this RP, with the limit set at one character per player. Everyone is expected to actively participate in plotting discussions in the OOC, so that all players can be equally involved in worldbuilding and story-crafting, and no one gets left behind. The small group also means that every player and every character be will be essential to the story, so communicating in OOC if you need more time to post is especially important, that way posting rounds can be readjusted.
Roster
The Chosen Ones

AME
The Conflicted Warrior
{Tank}
Valtorr Vârcolac
[Affiliation]
The Augers

VANIR
The Unfeeling Engineer
{Support}
Name here
[Affiliation]
The Council

ORCUS
The Hotheaded Punk
{Scout}
Eshi the Vicious
[Affiliation]
The Veiled

MAAT
The Inflexible Enforcer
{Shield}
Agaro Setana
[Affiliation]
The Intels

TENOCH
The Gentle Shaman
{Medic}
Ruiha Sakiko
[Affiliation]
The Pantheon

[accordion buttons & hidden scrolls]
{design by Fortuna, extra code by Ayama}
{roster code by Ambiloquous}

Last edited:
Xen6n Xen6n Goonfire Goonfire Thropian Thropian Cephalop0ds_ Cephalop0ds_
Hey errybody- welcome to the new OOC thread!

Since Fortuna had to dip before giving editorial control over the old threads, I'm moving content over to make everything more manageable on the GM side of things. New OOC and CS threads are live- IC and Lore are still WIPs, but I will message when they are done~

I hope you will all bear with me in terms of how slowly everything is going- between waiting to see if Fortuna would return, tryna get our cast list finalized, re-coding the new threads, and my limited free time now that the semester has started, I know it's been a bit of a slog ^^"

Anyway, while I work on finalizing the lore, y'all can work on CSes. You'll notice that the template has a few more sections to help flesh everyone out- most important would be the loadout/skills section and the NPC list at the top of their bio, as I will be adding an NPC list to the Lore. You do not need to have five different pictures- I'm fine with y'all using the same one in each section, just as long as you have one ^^

On the formatting side of things, if you don't want to deal with all the BBCode I completely understand (it will not be required for IC posts)- you can just send me your CS contents and I'll get them all coded in there for ya- nbd.

Please do reach out if you have any questions, lore/NPC ideas, or anything else- I look forward to getting this thing started with all of you!

Last edited:
It'll take me a day or two to finish up this CS. Just about everything is written, but this one calls for custom art because I haven't quite found what I'm looking for in terms of FCs.

Progress has been hella slow on the artwork. It's been equally slow over here, but I haven't forgotten.

Wait hold on, did i miss something cuz i feel im supposed to do something ;-;

Wait hold on, did i miss something cuz i feel im supposed to do something ;-;
Eventually we'll be migrating CSes to the new CS thread, but there's no rush on that since I still need to get my Lore update finished, and that's big project I only get to work on a couple hours a week so it'll take a lil' while ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back