• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings • gritty themes and chaotic adventures •

xeloque

One Time Luck
Hi there. You can call me Elo. I’m new, so I’‘m still trying to learn how to navigate the site. I apologize if I make any mistakes.

Right, well- I’m just gonna jump right into it!

• To start off, please be over 21+. The themes I enjoy are dark and mature. I’d feel more comfortable roleplaying with someone older.

• I don't care who's behind the keyboard. What I do care about is being able to bring in a variety of dynamic, complex characters. Yes, I'd like a cast. Usually, I do mxf and mxm as main but I won't shy away from f// either.

• Let’s talk romance. One roleplay I had took half a year for the characters to actually admit they felt something for one another. In other words, it's not a primary focus for me. I like story-driven roleplays. I like dark, gritty themes and complex characters who face challenges and conflict by what is happening in the roleplay. If you want a ratio, it'd probably be 80/story and 20/romance. I suppose I'd play the more 'submissive' role should romance happen.

• And to follow up on that; I like the age gap dynamic/trope (15-20+ years) yeah, I'm problematic like that (I've watched after the rain and violet evergarden okay) It often has to be that the younger one falls first though. I like the tension, the morally grey line that has the characters questioning if it's right. I like the power imbalance but the younger one will sweep in and protect the older one if need be. I like the I-wanna-retire-asshole / ray-of-sunshine-lets-do-chaotic-shit or I've-lived-long-enough-to-know-the-world-sucks / I-gotta-fight-for-what's-right. ANYHOO. My characters are of legal age. They are fictional. Please don't come for me.

• I consider myself a casual roleplayer but I do multi-para. Usually my posts are 500-2000+ words. Depending on the situation, I completely understand the need for shorter posts. That's fine.

• Third-person only. For faceclaims, I often use realism (art) or real-life. I can’t use anime. Sorry.

• I prefer discord for OOC and worldbuilding. PM is fine too!

• Uhhhh. What else? English is my first language but I've been living in Asia for so heckin' long. It's absolute shite now which is one of the reasons why I'm getting back into roleplaying. Please be kind?

• Your girl likes to unwind with a glass of wine while writing every once in awhile. I'm usually pretty cautious of any mistakes but please excuse me if it happens. I, of course, extend the same courtesy to you.

• When you DM me, you won't likely get a reply if you send me something like 'I saw your post. Wanna RP?' Yeah, sorry. You gotta tell me why you're interested and what you may be interested in doing.

• I average around one post every other day. Sometimes more if I have a day off. However, I run a business and can get crazy busy. That said, communication is important to me and I will always let you know if I’m unable to reply for a week or two.

• I’m ditch friendly in the beginning. However, if we have a roleplay going on for a few months and you’ve suddenly dissappeared, I will reach out to ask if everything is okay and if you’d like to continue or not. I’d really appriciate a response. A short ‘I’m not interested anymore’ is fine but also, as a writer, I’d love to have any sort of critique.

I'm not one for fancy posts. Sorry if it just seems all straight to the point. Moving on to the genres and plots.

Genres I like!

»Apocalypse - Zombies, Resident Evil-type setting, Nuclear Wasteland, Natural disasters
»Space - Exploration, Royalty, Politics, War
»Dystopia - Science, Cyberpunk, Gifted
»Futuristic - Time-traveling, Androids, mechanical augmentation
»Supernatural - Vampires, Demons/Angels

Idea/word bank.

Humans are still trash even in space • World has frozen over and the remaining survivors are on a train (literally showpiecer lol) • summoning magical champions to fight for you in a battle royale • dumbass rich kid does stupid shit and drags their bodyguard along • Bestest cinnamon becomes a villain • Redemption arc • seeing the world from a younger/older person's perspective during a time of turmoil • Forbidden love • Misery loves company • Besties becoming enemies in a conflict or war • Wrong place at the wrong time ends up unleashing a domino effect • Obsessions and one-sided feelings • struggling with moral values • I hate you but I will also die for you • Abandonment issues.

Moving on to some plots I have. They may be a bit long so click the spoiler to expand!

nomanssky★
chaotic duo duals space monsters and criminals

Millenniums ago, humans have managed to reach for the stars. As their universe broadened, their race slowly started to dwindle among those far superior. They ultimately end up on the lower end of the hierarchy. They often turn to criminal activities for survival. One heavily in-debt mercenary finds himself in a pinch, his craft shot down during a getaway. He lands on an unknown planet and comes across a ball of sunshine, a curious being belonging to a race known for their scientific research and their large collection of data. Knowing the wealth of this race, he sees a kidnapping opportunity. Instead, they offer to pay for this merc's protection while they explore the more dangerous planets. Basically, the theme is an aspiring science student and their bodyguard go on space exploration and things get chaotic. Darker themes are welcome too. War, corruption, black market, etc. If it's gritty and violent, I'll enjoy it. Haha.

everyeveningatlenny's★
off-hours are for drinking and jazz.

This is a government official x gifted sort. Basically set in a more dark, futuristic setting. For the sake of making it more easier to explain, I'll call the government official A and the gifted B.

B orders sparkling water with lime. A, however, tends to order with their feelings. On days B has killed one of their men, A will have a straight whiskey. On the more quieter ones, they'll have beer. Both did not know how it came to be but there was a mutual understanding that at Lenny's bar, they were off hours. One night, B doesn't show and A gets strangely worried. A find B in the alley bleeding and despite knowing it was against their line of work, A takes B home to patch them up.

I had to start with this because I feel like the bar does play an important part. Or rather sets the tone of what the roleplay and dynamic of these two characters are about. A has been trying to capture gifted beings (created to become super soldiers for the military) who have escaped. B has been free a few years now and was the test subject of her own father, a scientist responsible for creating these gifted beings. B is now dedicated to helping those like her and keeps running into A and their team of capturers. They've both killed people on each other's side but their general dislike for one another is far more complex. B knows them as the friend who betrayed their father and B is a constant reminder of what A has regretfully done. So it's a lot more than them trying to kill each other for what they believe in.

Hope this wasn't… too confusing? Things can be edited or changed or anything. I just like the idea of the bar being a neutral ground. Like these two are trying to kill each other but night is off-hours and they are there to enjoy the live jazz, the charming charismatic bartender and the drinks.

❥ I'm easy going on the genre, pairings and all that jazz. I really love the process of brainstorming and going over the plot and characters together! Please give me your ideas (:

If you are interested in any of the above, please message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back