• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

O Brave New World - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[Renna takes (28 - (10-4)) = 22 dice of damage. The Red Arms take (28 - (13-4)) = 19 dice of damage. Morrolan takes (28 - (28-4)) = 4 dice of damage. The Din take (15 - 13) = 2 dice of damage.
Next up is Ruby Bey, then Renna acts simultaneously with Adorei.

Renna takes 1 whole point of Lethal damage, and is Crashed at -1i
Red Arms suffer 9 points of Lethal damage. 3/12 Magnitude remaining in Size 3.
Morrolan takes 0i damage. Ping.
Din take 1 point of Lethal. 12/13 Magnitude remaining in Size 3.]

The spears of the Din are like children's toys hurled against a mountain for all the effect they have on Morrolan. Renna is shaken, but even taken by surprise on all sides she comes away with no more than a few grazing wounds from skillfully deflected spears. The Red Arms suffer the worst of it, losing the bulk of the golden warriors summoned by Renna and suffering many flesh and blood wounded with nowhere to escape.

Last edited:
Elsewhere, another fierce battle takes place...
Before long, Atusa and her daiklaves had all ended up drenched in the blood of naga and cultists, the Zenith having cut down members of both categories by the dozen. She had never been one to shy away from battle even before her Exaltation; to fight alongside her father's warriors had been her duty since she turned sixteen. Now that she was a fully grown woman, and one blessed with the power and faith of the Unconquered Sun, she believed she had no excuse for not being on the front lines. Few cultures had warriors who could fail to be inspired by the sight of their leaders fighting alongside them, and none among the Hematti could match Atusa's prowess.

Each boarding action by the Poison Fangs that hadn't been stymied by the iron plates was resolved in a similar manner. Atusa gathered warriors close by her to meet the attackers. As the naga charged into battle, Atusa's warriors drew flame pieces and let loose a volley of iron sand mixed with firedust. After this barrage had softened up the enemy, Atusa charged forward with her daiklaves, her warriors drawing scimitars and khopeshes of iron before following her into the fray. Several naga would make a beeline straight for Atusa, as if hoping to break the morale of the Hematti by taking down their leader. The Zenith would dispatch them, move onto their comrades, and before long the survivors would retreat back, only to re-enter the battle with the next wave.

The naga champion had been a tricky one. A ten-foot long serpentine being wielding a long spear, with which it jabbed and swung at Atusa. The Hematti Nomarch was able to dodge and parry the blows well enough, but her own weapons lacked the range to reach her foe, forcing both combatants into a stalemate until the naga, frustrated by a lack of success, over-committed to a lunge. The head of the spear got stuck inside the deck of the Mandjet, and before its wielder could withdraw it, Atusa had shot forward, jumped, and drove the points of both daiklaves into her opponent's belly. The great serpentine creature screamed in pain and let its torso descend to the ship's deck, before a series of measured strokes from Atusa neatly decapitated it. The sight of the champion's head, raised high by the Zenith Caste, sent the other Raksha fleeing back to their ship once again.

---

Atusa gritted her teeth and drew both daiklaves once again at the sound of that irritating voice. Several Hematti had ended up as prisoners and playthings of Acekara's in the past, their minds irreversibly damaged by her.

"If I am a bird, then I am a great eagle, come to catch you in golden talons and deprive you of your head." she declared in Old Realm once Acekara had finished speaking. "If you wish to fight me, I will happily kill you, avenging my kin and safeguarding others from your depravity."

With that, she bought both her daiklaves into guard positions with lightning-swift movements, then leapt towards Acekara with a mighty yell.

[Yeah, would like to say I used Ship-Claiming Stance prior to this scene. For the Join Battle Roll, am going to claim a one point stunt, and use Naked Fang Draw for 5m Personal Essence. And if I can do so at the same time, I'm going to go into Steel Devil Form, committing 7m of Peripheral Essence. Have also given myself a Minor Tie of Disdain for Acekara, the result of Atusa's previous interactions with her.]

[Seven dice for Join Battle. 3 successes, giving 8 Initiative (Including bonus from Naked Fang Draw). Putting 2 Initiative into Offhand Charge.]
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1,-1,-1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, Incapacitated

Personal Essence: 8/13
Peripheral Essence: 17/33
Committed Essence: 12

Last edited:
The Ruby Bey watches the Din as they charge Morrolan from atop its earthen wave, the expression on its stone-hewn face inscrutable. It calls up a sizeable chunk of rock from the earth and, with a single strike of its fists, shatters it into dozens of sharp stone fragments that hang suspended in the air before it drives its fist forward with a roar and unleashes them on the seemingly indestructible Morrolan, currently deftly fending off dozens of spear strikes that cannot so much as inconvenience him. Each stone blade, tempered and hardened by concentrated earth essence, seeks gaps in Morrolan's Moonsilver armour, joints, and sensitive weak spots in his hardened hide - anything to slow down the unstoppable juggernaut about to hit its front lines.

The Ruby Bey gets the Initiative Break from the Din crashing Renna. It goes from 9i to 14i. It's going to make a Decisive Attack against Morrolan. Rolling the 16 dice to hit just in case it manages to fail to score a single hit, then 14 dice of Lethal damage to Morrolan.

Good job, you didn't fail to roll one success on 16 dice.
5 points of Lethal to Morrolan.

Ruby Bey drops back down to 3i. Renna and Adorei are up next.

Feeling the sudden pain of the steel that managed to pierce her defense and cut into her side, Renna focuses on trying to regain her balance in the saddle and drive the Din back away from her men. With Adorei in hand, she lashes out with the sharp blade, letting Adorei help to guide her hand. As she does so she calls out in a loud voice, "Red Arms! Stay strong and press the attack!"
Spending 5m on Liquid Steel Flow to raise my Withering damage, and 5m on my Melee Excellency to boost my to-hit. Performing two Withering attacks against the Din battle group, one for Renna and one for Adorei.

Renna's attack. 5 dex + 5 MA + 1 specialty + 5 Excellency +4 Accuracy = 20
Renna: 15 Successes
Adorei: 10 Successes

Increasing Strength Exercise Active
Form Charm Active

Health Levels
-0 [X]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 13
Peripheral: 33 / 0
Committed: 10
Willpower: 5

Parry DV: 6 +1 from Adorei
Dodge DV: 4
Resolve: 2
Guile: 2

Join Battle: 7 +3i

Soak: 2
Armor: 8
Total: 10
Hardness: 7

Weapons
Beloved Adorei
Type: Medium (+4 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
Adorei grants one automatic success to all withering damage rolls.

Last edited:
Renna: 8 successes +12 damage +3 Str +5 from LSF - 13 = 15 dice + 1 auto sux from Adorei.
Adorei: 11 dice

And I will spend my 1 wp on Liquid Steel Flow to make it a Scene long effect
Renna's attack. 5 dex + 5 MA + 1 specialty + 5 Excellency +4 Accuracy = 20
Renna: 15 Successes + 12i
Adorei: 10 Successes + 5i

Increasing Strength Exercise Active
Form Charm Active

Health Levels
-0 [X]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Personal: 13 / 13
Peripheral: 33 / 0
Willpower: 5 / 4

Parry DV: 6 +1 from Adorei
Dodge DV: 4
Resolve: 2
Guile: 2

Join Battle: 7 +3i

Soak: 2
Armor: 8
Total: 10
Hardness: 7

Weapons
Beloved Adorei
Type: Medium (+4 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
Adorei grants one automatic success to all withering damage rolls.

[Renna and Adorei both gain 1i for successful attacks, both going up to 6i. The Din suffer 13 points of Magnitude damage, knocking them down from Size 3 to 11/12 magnitude Size 2. They must roll for rout. They barely make it with 0 threshold successes.

Round ends, everyone regains 5m, next turn begins with a three way tie between Morrolan, the Din, and the Red Arms at 9i
Then we have Adorei at 6i
Then the Ruby Bey at 3i
Finally Renna at 0i]

Renna's vengeance is swift and decisive. In a dozen slashes too fast for the mortal eye to follow Adorei carves deep into the surrounding stone and the earth beneath her feet, bisecting dozens of Din like so many paper dolls. So ruinous is the damage on their front lines the reinforcements nearly break and run, but the roaring voice of the Ruby Bey and the steady rhythm of the drums hold them together.

Last edited:
Random Word Random Word With the successes that Renna got, doesn't she gain 12i? How far negative was she? I don't want to go before her if she is due to act.
DBT Active
Ardent Handshake Mein Active to up my Soak to 28.

Health Levels
-0 [X] (+[X] Only in DBT Form)
-1 [X][X]
-2 [X][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
I [ ]

Personal: 16 / 12
Peripheral: 38 / 23
Willpower: 7 / 6

Parry DV: 6
Dodge DV: 2
Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Join Battle: 8 + 3i - +5i from Sinuous Striking Grace (3m)

Soak: 5
Armor: +8, +2 from Argent Handshake Mien
Shapeshifted: +8 from Unusual Skin, +5 from DBT
Total Soak: 13 human / 26 DBT, +2 from Ardent Handshake Mein
Natural Hardness: 4
Armor Hardness: 7, +1 from Argent Handshake Mien

Weapons
Zelator
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching;
Two-Handed when on foot
The spear makes baneful attacks against sorcerers, sorcerous constructs, sorcerously transformed opponents, and summoned spirits. Its decisive attacks against such foes add one bonus die to the damage roll and deal aggravated damage. If the target is a sorcerer who has gathered sorcerous motes, three of the gathered motes are dispersed and lost.

Morrolan grimaces with the pain of the many cuts and wounds he gets, but he then smiles, knowing that he's been hurt worse and that Luna will support his valiant efforts in this fight. Using his Essence, he focuses on the injuries and can feel the blood flow start to wain as he starts to heal. Then, the angry Lunar turns his attention to Ruby Bey. "You made a huge mistake in confronting the Red Arms! Instead of running, you now face the righteous wrath of Luna's Chosen! Time to face the consequences of your actions!"

He advances, laying about him with Zelator, intent on doing some good damage to the Din before he engages Ruby Bey.
Performing a Withering attack on the Din while moving towards the Big Bad Guy.
dice: 5 str + 5 melee + 1 specialty + 1 ACC + 2 stunt: 14

7 successes to hit

Spending 6m 1wp on Halting the Scarlet Flow to begin healing some of my damage. It lasts for 5 turns.

DBT Active
Ardent Handshake Mein Active to up my Soak to 28.
Halting the Scarlet Flow Active for 5 Turns

Health Levels
-0 [X] (+[X] Only in DBT Form)
-1 [X][X]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
I [ ]

Personal: 16 / 11
Peripheral: 38 / 23
Willpower: 7 / 5

Parry DV: 6
Dodge DV: 2
Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Join Battle: 8 + 3i - +5i from Sinuous Striking Grace (3m)

Soak: 5
Armor: +8, +2 from Argent Handshake Mien
Shapeshifted: +8 from Unusual Skin, +5 from DBT
Total Soak: 13 human / 26 DBT, +2 from Ardent Handshake Mein
Natural Hardness: 4
Armor Hardness: 7, +1 from Argent Handshake Mien

Weapons
Zelator
Type: Heavy (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching;
Two-Handed when on foot
The spear makes baneful attacks against sorcerers, sorcerous constructs, sorcerously transformed opponents, and summoned spirits. Its decisive attacks against such foes add one bonus die to the damage roll and deal aggravated damage. If the target is a sorcerer who has gathered sorcerous motes, three of the gathered motes are dispersed and lost.

That gives me 12 dice. Rolling. = +3i

And I'll add my Str + Athletics roll here of 9 dice. = 5 successes

Morrolan:

[The Magnitude of the Din drops from 11/12 to 8/12. Morrolan goes from 9i to 10i for a successful withering attack, but spends it again to push through the Din towards the Ruby Bey, dropping back down to 9i. Morrolan is currently at Short Range from the Ruby Bey.]

The Din rally, restoring the front line of their phalanx and interposing themselves between Morrolan and their commander. They understand the lay of the battlefield better now: The massive elephant man is nearly unstoppable, impervious to harm but less dangerous than the golden woman on the unicorn. They resolve to delay and slow you as much as possible, while making one final desperate assault against the golden woman. As you smash through you cast their line into disarray once more, shattering half a dozen Din into stone fragments with your lance as you barrel towards the Ruby Bey and forcing the rest to scatter to avoid your rampage.

A cheer goes up amongst the Red Arms as Renna single-handedly devastates the enemy front lines and buys them a reprieve. They take the opportunity to spread out slightly to give themselves more room to move and fight, then meet the charging Din head on.

At a barked order from the Ruby Bey the pattern of the drummers changes significantly, and the Din assaulting the city react immediately, beginning the slow process of disentangling themselves from battle and pulling back to defend against this deadly new threat. The infantry of the Red Arms are still struggling to cross the hostile terrain, but are making progress in meeting up with the Infantry. They will arrive in 4 rounds, boosting the Size of the Red Arms by 1.

The Red Arms are rolling 16 dice to attack with damage 15.
The Din are rolling 14 dice to attack with damage 19 + Piercing. Renna, Morrolan, and the Red Arms are at -2 DV from lingering Surprise. Declare your defensive Charms and final DVs.

Edit: Totally forgot to note the effects of Morrolan's attack.

Last edited:
The Din are rolling 14 dice to attack with damage 19 + Piercing. Renna, Morrolan, and the Red Arms are at -2 DV from lingering Surprise. Declare your defensive Charms and final DVs.
My Parry DV is 5 after the -2.

Atusa:

So many JBs. This is going to be silly.
Acekara spends 5m to use her Instill pool of 13 to Join Battle. Everyone whose Resolve is beaten by her JB result will be instilled with a Tie of Adoration for her. Standard 1 WP to ignore creation of a Minor Tie. Anyone who fails to resist the Tie will not be able to bring themselves to harm her unless harmed by her, and will attempt to prevent others from harming her (though not resorting to violence unless their Tie is raised to Defining).

Your personal guard (Size 1), Sirocco, and Beacon will be rolling 8 dice for JB. The naga (goblins) + cultists (Size 3) and the crew of the Mandjet (Size 3) will be rolling 6 dice, and Nethesua, the naga champion leading them in the assault, will be rolling 8 dice. That's a lot of stuff! Might have to streamline a bit by saying some of them keep each other busy for their turns, but we'll see. I'll put up their stat lines as it becomes necessary.
Join Battle 8; Essence 2; Willpower 7; Personal 14/20
Movement 8
Health Levels: -0/-1x2/-2x2/-4/Incap
Soak 10/H0, Parry 3, Evasion 6
Command Battlegroup 8; Senses 11; Disguise: 12 dice; Inspire: 14 dice; Instill or Persuade: 13 dice; Read Intentions: 12 dice; Seduction: 16 dice; Senses: 12 dice; Resist Poison/Illness: 12 dice; Stealth: 11 dice; Craft (Gossamer) 8 dice
Appearance 7, Resolve 5, Guile 7

Glittering Knives - 14 dice, 13/2 damage
1614285281809.png
Essence: 1; Willpower: 4/5; Join Battle: 8 dice
Health Levels: -0x2/-1x4/-2x4/-4/Incap.
Actions: Feats of Strength: 11 dice (may attempt Strength 7 feats); Senses: 8 dice; Threaten: 8 dice; Tracking: 9 dice; Command: 6 dice
Appearance 2 (Hideous), Guile 1, Resolve 4

Combat
Attack (Great axe): 7 dice (Damage 18)
Attack (Lance): 7 dice (Damage 18)
Attack (Fangs): 8 dice (Damage 16)
Attack (Grapple): 6 dice (11 dice to control)

Combat Movement: 5 dice
Evasion 2, Parry 5 Soak/Hardness: 13/0
1614285861998.png
Acekara is in at 9i. Anyone with less than 6 Resolve must pay 1 WP or Adore her.
Nethesua is in at 9i
Sirocco is in at 7i [Spends 1 WP to resist]
Beacon is in at 7i [Spends 1 WP to resist]
Atusa's Personal Guard is in at 7i [I'm going to say you've probably instilled some powerful intimacies of loyalty in them, and they're veterans who have fought many Raksha before. I'll let them all spend 1 WP to resist even though they're mortals.]
Atusa is in at 6i after shifting 2i into Charge.
Naga + Cultists are in at 5i
The Crew of the Mandjet are in at 3i, crippled by half the crew being caught in Acekara's spell.

As you charge forward the cobra-headed naga champion Nethesua answers your roar with a deep rattling hiss, immense fangs bared, massive bone spear in one claw, bronze greataxe in the other. It swings the greataxe in wide cleaving sweeps before it to cut through the sailors fighting on deck and attempts to drive its spear through you with all the force of metres of coiled muscle in a body as thick as a mast. Led by Gahiji your personal guard interpose themselves with a cry of "For the Nomarch and the Hematti!", shields braced, working together to harry the massive creature with firewand blasts and drive its spear down into the hull before it can strike you while the sailors on deck wisely give the charging beast a wide berth to avoid being struck by the axe.

Acekara sighs, "But ttthere isss no feeling behind ttthossse talonssss, little bird," she says as she casually whips the two knives on impossible arcing curves to strike your right and left thighs from opposite sides. As they home in unerringly on their targets she continues, "Hate me, love me, fear me, want me, but disssdain? No. Even your disssdain isss more deliccciousss ttthan a mortal'sss terror, but I know we can do ssso much better." How quickly those beautiful eyes become ice cold knives flaying your soul. Your vision swims, darkness swallows you, and you feel yourself plummeting through an immense abyss straight into the jaws of a titanic serpent fit to end the world as it swallows you and the entire crew. Only the unsettlingly distant burning of your cold iron charm lets you deny the frightful phantasm and pull yourself back to reality, heart racing.

Sirocco, now in her fully materialized form of a woman covered in brass jewellery with luminous golden eyes and flaming hair, summons a barrier of wind to deflect the remarkably persistent knives thrown by Acekara before they can reach you. With an irritated flick of her wrist Acekara changes their targets, forcing Sirocco to dive backwards and land in a roll to avoid the scything blades before Acekara recalls them into her outstretched hands.

On the other side of the ship you hear Beacon's booming voice exhorting the crew to throw off Acekara's ensorcellment and restore order.

Nethesua spends 1 WP to make two attacks, one against Atusa and one against the crew. Your personal guard Defend Other you successfully, and the crew of the Mandjet deflect its attack. (Didn't include the -1 from Ship-Claiming in the rolls, but I ignored the final die).

Acekara spends 2m to flurry an attack with social influence. She makes a Thrown attack against Atusa, but Sirocco reflexively Defends Other. She knocks the attack down to 1 success, so Acekara opts to have it hit Sirocco instead of trying to carry on, dealing 3i damage. Acekara gains 4i. She then attempts an Inspire Terror on Atusa. Inspire 14 + Appearance Bonus 4 = 18 dice. 1 WP to resist if it beats your Resolve. Rolling before letting you stunt Resolve/declare essence use for speed and because the pool is large enough that it might roll more than you could reasonably beat. Yeah, 9 hits, without an intimacy to oppose the fear you could only get your resolve up to 6 or 7 with WP.

Atusa is up next. You are at Close Range with the Naga and Nethesua. You are at Short Range from Acekara, but she's both one vertical and horizontal range band away as she's standing on the stone snake bridge above you. If you want to close with her you need to disengage from Nethesua (5-1 so 4 dice to oppose) and make a leap up one vertical range band (or climb some conveniently placed rigging, etc)

Last edited:
Renna & Morrolan:

While many flee before the onslaught, the hardiest of the Din rally, charging through the hail of shattered stone fragments that are their former comrades as Renna's sword returns to its sheathe. Spears at the ready, they make one last ditch attempt to cripple Renna before she can annihilate them. Behind her the Red Arms meet this charge with a fierce push of their own, heartened by the devastating blow Renna struck against the enemy to turn the tide of battle, but the Din are resolute and will not be turned aside. The blades of the Red Arms find little purchase on their stone skin, and the exchange clearly favours the enemy as they wound, kill, and unhorse many.

With a fury born of desperation the spears of the Din strike at Renna. She deflects a dozen strikes before finally one slips through and she feels the sharp cold bite of bronze digging deep into her flesh, hot blood running down her side, soaking into the cloth beneath her armour while the wounded and dying scream around her and those who survive roar their defiance.

The Din harry Morrolan from all sides, trying desperately to slow his inexorable advance, but their fiercest blows are barely able to scratch his armoured hide.

Initiative order:
Morrolan: 9i
Red Arms and Din Reserves: 9i
Adorei: 6i
Ruby Bey: 3i
Renna: 0i

Haven't heard from Psychie, so I'm assuming she doesn't want to spend any resources defending against this attack. Sensible enough, given how little damage she can expect to take.

The Din roll 9 hits. They defeat the Red Arms DV of 8 by 1, Renna's DV of 6 by 3, and Morrolan's DV of 4 by 5.
The Red Arms roll 5 hits, which does not defeat the Din's Parry of 7

They're hitting for 19 damage with Piercing, so:
Red Arms: 19 + 1 - (13-4) = 11 damage; Red Arms suffer 5 magnitude damage, dropping them from 3/12 Size 3 to 9/11 Size 2. Rolling Rout check.
Renna: 19 + 3 - (10 - 4) = 16 damage; Renna suffers 5 levels of Lethal damage.
Morrolan: 19 + 5 - (28 - 4) = ping of 2 damage; Morrolan loses 1i

Red Arms roll for Rout: 2 hits passes easily.

Adorei is up next at 6i.

Last edited:
Feeling Acekara's attempts to warp her mind, Atusa focused on what she remembered about her clan's grievances with the Raksha in question. Her thoughts became clear, and she knew that nothing would confuse her feelings about Acekara.

With Nethesua close by her, Atusa decided to deal with the more immediate threat, circling the Naga champion slowly before suddenly moving forward and attacking, slashing with one blade and striking with the other.

[Spending 2 WP to resist Acekara's attempts at Mental Influence. Using Double Attack Technique for a withering attack; with Steel Devil Form active, I only need to spend 2 motes of Peripheral Essence. Claiming one point stunt.

15 Dice for a Withering Attack, plus 2 from stunt. Only 5 successes.]

Health Levels: -0, -1, -1,-1,-1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, Incapacitated
Initiative: 6

Personal Essence: 8/13
Peripheral Essence: 15/33
Committed Essence: 12
Willpower: 3/5
Offhand Charge: 2/7

Last edited:
"I've been struggling to find out what I am without starting some kind of panic for a while now. It hadn't occurred to me that what had happened was Exaltation." Jean seemed somewhat relieved to have that burden off his shoulders, but plenty more questions presented themselves. "I don't know if anyone else would really believe me though or what kind of chaos that rumor mill might cause."

"As for our bond... I certainly have... well, plenty of feelings I guess." He felt his face flush red as he spoke. "Yet I still don't quite know what I am to you. You know your duty, but I have no real instinct or understanding of mine." He paused, trying to find the words to say to this woman he barely knew. He reached for her hand, finding her company oddly pleasant and familiar even if she had only just revealed herself.

"This is all a lot to process, but I can feel in my spirit that what you say is true and sincere. I knew that I was yours when I saw you, and that you were mine. As for your circumstances, I can see it hurts you deeply." He drew closer as he spoke to draw Hazel into another warm embrace. "I do admit, I'd like to see you as you truly are but it doesn't have to be so bad. Until we can figure out a remedy, is there anything I can do to help?"

"It is wise that you have not advertised the blessing you have been given. Even if it were not Exaltation, it does not take much for one to be classed as Anathema. What you are, is a Solar Exalted. Chosen of the Unconquered Sun. His champion. It is your nature, your duty, and your divine right to create, maintain, and shift the paradigms of all creation as you see fit. It is only by the hands of the Solar Exalted that Creation be molded into greatness. You are the lawmakers. Pathfinders that lead us to a golden and bright future. And whose spear can pierce the darkest of enemies that threaten our world."

"Jean, the mortal, has been chosen by this solar power, because in you was a seed that can bloom into something glorious. It is your destiny. As the shard of my mate entered you, you were reborn as you were meant to be, as that seed took root. You are you, but now also more. You are Jean still, and every life before you was also Jean."

"It is difficult for young Solars. So few remain that they have none to help them to their feet. But I will help you here, in all the ways I can. I need not tell you what to do, or point you where to go, as you are the light that shines forward. In whatever you choose to do, it will be great. Solars are the Masters of Creation, the shepherd and stewards of its people and its future. Lunars, me, I, our purpose is to watch over you and what you have built. Where you lead us forward, we are to be at your back so you can continue with confidence. We are your shield and your sword. Your guides and your friends. Not all of my kind see it this way, but they are wrong. For Luna trusts the Unconquered Sun, so too should her people trust his."

"To you specifically, I am your mate." She said, "In all ways I give myself to you. Should you ask it, I shall do my best to fulfill. Your needs and desires. Not because I must, but because that is what feels right. You are you, Jean. And that is all you need to be." She swallowed as he took her hand. Not something she was accustomed too. But it did feel right.

"As for what I am... i... yes I consider it as a wound. But far better this that some of the alternatives I could have suffered. We Lunars are a protean kind. That which has been done to us, can almost always be undone. The wyld holds great power over form, but it can never match what a Lunar can do, it can never match what a Solar can do. But should a remedy be possible, I do not yet know it. That you wish to see me as I was, is all I need to strive for that goal. Such a thing would require study." As he held her... well she didn't really want to let go. And she really could, for just a moment, see herself as she used to be.

"Oh! But I must not forget." She said as she pulled back from him,"You are not alone here. For another of the Sun resides here. A Great Golden Queen. It is prophesied. I must be there to support her rise. I thought I was being led to her... but that it was you first, my mate... it means that you have a part to play as well. Fate is bringing together a circle of Solars. Something big is on the horizon."

[Soak limits Atusa to Overwhelming damage. No successes.]

Join Battle 8; Essence 2; Willpower 7; Personal 14/20
Movement 8
Health Levels: -0/-1x2/-2x2/-4/Incap
Soak 10/H0, Parry 3, Evasion 6
Command Battlegroup 8; Senses 11; Disguise: 12 dice; Inspire: 14 dice; Instill or Persuade: 13 dice; Read Intentions: 12 dice; Seduction: 16 dice; Senses: 12 dice; Resist Poison/Illness: 12 dice; Stealth: 11 dice; Craft (Gossamer) 8 dice
Appearance 7, Resolve 4, Guile 6

Glittering Knives - 14 dice, 13/2 damage
1614285281809.png
Essence: 1; Willpower: 3/5; Join Battle: 8 dice
Health Levels: -0x2/-1x4/-2x4/-4/Incap.
Actions: Feats of Strength: 11 dice (may attempt Strength 7 feats); Senses: 8 dice; Threaten: 8 dice; Tracking: 9 dice; Command: 6 dice
Appearance 2 (Hideous), Guile 1, Resolve 4

Combat
Attack (Great axe): 7 dice (Damage 18)
Attack (Lance): 7 dice (Damage 18)
Attack (Fangs): 8 dice (Damage 16)
Attack (Grapple): 6 dice (11 dice to control)

Combat Movement: 5 dice
Evasion 2, Parry 5 Soak/Hardness: 13/0
1614285861998.png

Acekara is in at 13i
Nethesua is in at 9i -> 14i
Atusa is in at 7i
Beacon is in at 7i
Atusa's Personal Guard is in at 7i
Naga + Cultists are in at 5i
The Crew of the Mandjet are in at 3i
Sirocco is in at 4i -> 0i

Even after shattering Acekara's illusion by sheer force of will your hands still shake, and without a steady hand to guide them even the legendary blades you wield find no purchase in Nethesua's thick scaly hide. The horde of naga pouring over the bridge behind it charge forth, a mass of sharp claws and bared fangs. Beacon's rallying cry has done much to blunt Acekara's magics, and at Captain Jabari's command most of the crew unload a coordinated volley of fire into the onrushing naga, sowing chaos amongst their ranks and halting their charge but doing little real damage. Your personal guard and Sirocco are able to effortlessly deflect the dregs of their assault to keep them away from you.

[Round ends, everyone who has motes regains 5m. Personal Guard, Crew, and Sirocco have -1 Onslaught Penalty]

Nethesua hisses at you in what must pass for dismissive laughter, but this quickly turns to rage at the ineffectual flailing of the naga behind him. It roars a command in Old Realm, "The unblooded will be given to Acccekara! Attack, cowards!" By way of example it lashes out with shocking speed to impale on its immense fangs one of your personal guard harrying its flank, lifting his limp body as it lashes out with its tail, smashing three others into the wall of the ship with a sickening crunch of shattered bones. The naga, whether inspired by example or terrified at the prospect of failure, more than merely redouble their efforts, becoming a frenzied tide that cuts a bloody swathe through the hastily reformed defensive lines of the crew. Your personal guard cut down a dozen of them, cleaving limbs and heads with heavy swings from their khopesh but are eventually overrun, claws and fangs staining their pristine white robes red as they give ground. Sirocco steps in to fill the gap, driving her fist through the head of one naga and tossing its limp charred body aside. She takes a deep breath and exhales to create a wall of fire to buy time for the able bodied members of your guard to drag the wounded back to relative safety, but at another roar from Nethesua the naga charge, ignoring the heat of the flames. Sirocco is taken off guard and a naga manages to land its fangs in her arm, only to recoil hissing as its mouth is filled with the fire in her veins.

Djinn don't have a temperament ideally suited to the role of bodyguard. They are easily given over to their passions, and often prioritize vengeance over defending their wards. It surprises you not at all, then, when Sirocco screams with rage, eyes glowing brilliantly, her fury radiating off of her as an intense squall of furnace-hot winds and lifting her off the ground. "Impudent figment! Burn for your mistress, for shortly she joins you!" She ignites and flies headlong into the enemy, incinerating everything she touches until she comes to a halt at the centre of the rapidly scattering enemy formation and explodes, creating a raging inferno around her and incinerating dozens of naga in the process.

Your personal guard make a valiant attempt to pin Nethesua in place where Sirocco's rapidly expanding flames can consume it. "Don't let the beast escape th-" Gahiji's rallying cry to the three remaining members is cut brutally short by a calamitous swing of the creature's immense axe as it charges desperately to escape the flames, felling last of your personal guard.

"You won't fear me?" Acekara sits on the edge of the stone serpent and pouts as she watches the chaos unfold beneath her, crossing her legs, her bare feet dangling casually over the inferno. She sheathes one of her knives and lifts the other to run the tip along her lower lip. "Well, in that cassse, perhapsss in thisss will be an incarnatttion where you'll love me. All of thisss needlessss deattth. I ssswear to you I will ssstop it all and leave this placcce peaccceably if you give me one tassste of those beautiful golden lipsss, little bird." It's incredible that she can even command the tiniest fragment of your attention when your retainers lie bloody and broken and the great hulking monster that did it bears down upon you, and yet somehow you cannot help but watch transfixed as she wraps her long forked tongue around the knife and runs it lasciviously along the length. Her eyes say her tongue feels exactly as good as it looks. "I bite, but I promissse it feelsss good," she adds with a wicked smile that reveals the tips of her fangs. It's frighteningly easy to forget her monstrous nature and all the horror around you to lose yourself in the idle fantasy in the depths of her scintillating eyes and the promise of her luscious lips.

Raksha cannot violate sworn oaths, but it's rare they make one voluntarily unless there's some kind of trap.

Nethesua spends 1 WP to Command the Naga for the round and make an attack.
8-1 = 7 dice; 4 hits - the Naga get 4 extra dice.
Naga attack Personal Guard, Sirocco, and the Crew with 10+4-1 = 13 dice; 9hits!

Damage:
Personal Guard: Parry 5, so 4 + 17 - 9 = 12 damage; 1/7 Magnitude remaining at Size 1.
Sirocco: Parry 4, so 5 + 17 - 8 = 13 damage; 6 damage, dropping Sirocco to 0i (Crash) and dealing 2L. Nethesua gains 5i
Crew: Parry 4, So 5 + 17 - 11 = 11 Damage; 4/10 Magnitude remaining at Size 3.

Sirocco spends 10m1wp to retaliate with a 10 damage Decisive Counterattack when wounded. She hits for 6 points of Magnitude, dropping the naga to 4/10 Magnitude remaining at Size 3. She creates a Bonfire environmental hazard that does not harm allies (difficulty 5 damage 4).

Nethesua attacks your Personal Guard with an 7-1=6 die Chopping axe strike to stop their annoying Defend Othering of you (-1 DV, -1i). It scores 4 hits, enough to hit your Personal Guard after their -2 Onslaught Penalty with 0 net hits. 17+3-9 = 11; 11 hits! Your Personal Guard are shattered and removed from the battle as a fighting force. Some are dead, many are wounded too badly to continue fighting. Nethesua gains 1i from a successful Withering attack, bringing it back up to 14i.

Acekara spends 4m on Thousand Tiny Hooks Technique to convert her +4 Appearance Bonus into +2 WP cost to resist.
Instill a Minor Tie of Lust: 16 - 3 (Wildly inappropriate circumstances for seduction) = 13 dice

Ddeclare any defensive Charms, etc.

Atusa is up next at 7i, then Beacon goes at the same time. He'll probably punch some naga.

Last edited:
"It is wise that you have not advertised the blessing you have been given. Even if it were not Exaltation, it does not take much for one to be classed as Anathema. What you are, is a Solar Exalted. Chosen of the Unconquered Sun. His champion. It is your nature, your duty, and your divine right to create, maintain, and shift the paradigms of all creation as you see fit. It is only by the hands of the Solar Exalted that Creation be molded into greatness. You are the lawmakers. Pathfinders that lead us to a golden and bright future. And whose spear can pierce the darkest of enemies that threaten our world."

"Jean, the mortal, has been chosen by this solar power, because in you was a seed that can bloom into something glorious. It is your destiny. As the shard of my mate entered you, you were reborn as you were meant to be, as that seed took root. You are you, but now also more. You are Jean still, and every life before you was also Jean."

"It is difficult for young Solars. So few remain that they have none to help them to their feet. But I will help you here, in all the ways I can. I need not tell you what to do, or point you where to go, as you are the light that shines forward. In whatever you choose to do, it will be great. Solars are the Masters of Creation, the shepherd and stewards of its people and its future. Lunars, me, I, our purpose is to watch over you and what you have built. Where you lead us forward, we are to be at your back so you can continue with confidence. We are your shield and your sword. Your guides and your friends. Not all of my kind see it this way, but they are wrong. For Luna trusts the Unconquered Sun, so too should her people trust his."

"To you specifically, I am your mate." She said, "In all ways I give myself to you. Should you ask it, I shall do my best to fulfill. Your needs and desires. Not because I must, but because that is what feels right. You are you, Jean. And that is all you need to be." She swallowed as he took her hand. Not something she was accustomed too. But it did feel right.

"As for what I am... i... yes I consider it as a wound. But far better this that some of the alternatives I could have suffered. We Lunars are a protean kind. That which has been done to us, can almost always be undone. The wyld holds great power over form, but it can never match what a Lunar can do, it can never match what a Solar can do. But should a remedy be possible, I do not yet know it. That you wish to see me as I was, is all I need to strive for that goal. Such a thing would require study." As he held her... well she didn't really want to let go. And she really could, for just a moment, see herself as she used to be.

"Oh! But I must not forget." She said as she pulled back from him,"You are not alone here. For another of the Sun resides here. A Great Golden Queen. It is prophesied. I must be there to support her rise. I thought I was being led to her... but that it was you first, my mate... it means that you have a part to play as well. Fate is bringing together a circle of Solars. Something big is on the horizon."
"Sounds like there's an awful lot of discovery to be done then. Of the world, myself, and even us. I admit I am somewhat surprised you would commit so completely without thought of yourself. Yet, I cannot deny what I feel from this bond. If that is what you want I am happy to have you as my mate and companion in all things. Will you be staying with me then?" Jean, like Hazel, felt no rush to separate from the embrace. Even when Hazel did finally pull away to speak, Jean couldn't hide his smile.

"Fate is bringing us to meet a golden queen, huh?" He withdrew the drawing Kasra handed him and offered it to Hazel. "Bit of a coincidence that I was informed of this today. It might be a decent lead to draw us in the right direction. Either way, if we're to make the acquaintance of royalty we should probably make the effort to look more presentable." Jean wiped the sweat from his brow with a chuckle. "Let's get cleaned up then we can follow where ever this lead takes us."

"Sounds like there's an awful lot of discovery to be done then. Of the world, myself, and even us. I admit I am somewhat surprised you would commit so completely without thought of yourself. Yet, I cannot deny what I feel from this bond. If that is what you want I am happy to have you as my mate and companion in all things. Will you be staying with me then?" Jean, like Hazel, felt no rush to separate from the embrace. Even when Hazel did finally pull away to speak, Jean couldn't hide his smile.

"Fate is bringing us to meet a golden queen, huh?" He withdrew the drawing Kasra handed him and offered it to Hazel. "Bit of a coincidence that I was informed of this today. It might be a decent lead to draw us in the right direction. Either way, if we're to make the acquaintance of royalty we should probably make the effort to look more presentable." Jean wiped the sweat from his brow with a chuckle. "Let's get cleaned up then we can follow where ever this lead takes us."

"Most certainly. We are far from the First Age, and even they had barely scratched the surface of what wonders and mysteries existed. I can understand why you are surprised. The extent of your knowledge of this bond stems from what you are feeling. And even then, you are the superior half. I have been taught what the bond is. I know its importance and power. It is a marriage between the forces of the sun and moon, a promise that the Solars and Lunars will be not just allies, but intrinsically linked in failure and success, past and future. To not treat the bond as sacred would be to spit in the eye of matron and patron alike. Even should the feelings of the ghost of memories not take me, I would give my all. But the feelings do take me."

At the offer of staying with him, Hazel paused in thought. "Yes, I will. I have only just arrived, and lodging was not among something I had in my plans."

"And yes, you are right. What impression could I possibly make coming to her in rags and dusty fur?" She said, patting her cloak and watching the sand fall off it. "Yes. Presentable we must be, at the very least."

She then looked down at the paper.

Random Word Random Word
(What would Hazel learn or recognize from the paper?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back