• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NWW Character Sheets

Main
Here

Apple Thief

Slayer of Bees, Protector of the Mushroom Folk

d8275d9b758fb9fd39b55ad164f9c483-d36lsz8.jpg

Introduction

Below is a small list of general rules that you will follow in order to play this game. Most of them are combat related to prevent godmodding and give roleplayers a writing prompt, but sometimes you will roll for non-combat skill challenges but they aren't necessary; most of them are rolled by player initiative. If you only want to roll to blow someone's head off, that's fine by me. The experience you get from solving skill challenges is negligible but it does add up over time. Keep in mind that these rules are subject to change, so if you have an idea about something we could add or tweak, let me know!

Be sure to read all the rules!​

The Basics

• Killing enemies, solving challenges, completing quests, and other notable achievements give experience.
  • Accrue experience to gain levels.
  • Gain levels to upgrade your attributes and stats.
  • Seven attributes exist: Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck.
  • Attributes are used to solve skill challenges that are often non-combat related.
  • Skill challenges will not block or impede your progress, but if you have the appropriate attributes, you may circumvent a lot of trouble or gain extra experience or loot!
  • Skill challenges are often at the initiative of the player as they are only there to enhance the game, they are not necessary. It's just RNG for non-combat challenges.
  • Level 1 characters start with +3 attribute points and you gain +1 every level.
  • You have three combat stats to keep track of: Hitpoints, Armor, and Attack.
  • You gain +1 Attack per level, +3 Hitpoints per Level, and you only get Armor by getting Gear.

Combat & Stealth

• Unless otherwise stated, the Heroes always go first!
  • The only time this will not be true is when the Heroes are ambushed.
  • While enemies can strike from stealth, so can the players!
  • If your Stealth roll beats opposing Perception rolls, you can get a free attack that deals double damage to your enemy.
  • Speaking of damage, that's all we roll for; there are no accuracy rolls here.
  • You do will do more damage as you become experienced and find/craft better gear.
  • Combat lasts until one man is left standing or one/all parties surrender the fight. Not everyone has to die.
  • Lets talk damage: you don't roll for accuracy, but instead roll your total damage roll versus their armor and health.
  • Armor mitigates damage on a 1-for-1 basis. Let me show you an example below.
  • If you roll a 6 versus someone who has 2 armor and 5 hitpoints, 2 points of damage will be negated by armor and they take 4 damage and be left with 1 hitpoint.

Attributes & Skill Challenges

• Skill challenges are almost entirely at the whim of the player.
  • You want to sneak around? Roll Agility. Look for hidden treasures? Roll Perception.
  • Below I will list each attribute and some ideas so that you can get a handle on how they work.
  • Strength: lifting heavy objects, breaking down walls/doors, pulling yourself up an elevator cable.
  • Perception: looking for hidden objects/traps, disarming traps.
  • Endurance: surviving toxic gas/fumes, engaging in a drinking contest, resisting poisons or toxins.
  • Quick note, Endurance is one of those attributes I might ask you to roll since a lot of it is reactionary.
  • Charisma: convincing people to see your point of view, intimidation, seducing mole rats, persuasion.
  • Intelligence: recalling information on topics like history/science/etc, hacking computers, mixing chemicals, applying first aid.
  • Agility: Sneaking, fitting through tight spaces, balancing on precarious ledges, acrobatics.
  • Luck: gambling, failing any other roll, surviving by the power of sheer bullshit.
The Shop

All weapons deal xdx + tier + level amounts of damage. Depending on the weapon you have, you may roll more or less dice and that will combo with another weapon effect. Shotguns hit multiple people, pistols can be dual wielded, SMGs bleed damage, rifles ignore armor etc. Tiers reflect the quality of the weapon and lower tiers are models that are old and rusted pieces of junk whereas higher tiers have pristine or after market parts in perfect conditions. Ammunition types may add/subtract weapon effects to change how you fight with them. Below are all of the items you can buy in this game, so enjoy your shopping experience!

One-Handed Melee
You may choose to use a Bladed Weapon (inflicts bleeding for 1d6 turns that starts at 1 damage and increases by 1 point with each step), a Blunt Weapon (Ignores half the target's armor), or a Spiky Weapon (Destroy 1d6 armor with each strike).
1d8 + level + weapon tier
All 1H melee weapons can be dual wielded.
Tier:
  1. : 500 = +1 damage
  2. : 600 = +2 damage
  3. : 700 = +3 damage
  4. 800 = +4 damage
  5. 900 = +5 damage

Two-Handed Melee
You may choose to use a Bladed Weapon (inflicts bleeding for 1d8 turns that starts at 1 damage and increases by 1 point with each step), a Blunt Weapon (Ignores all the target's armor), or a Spiky Weapon (Destroy 1d8 armor with each strike).
1d10 + level + weapon tier
Tier:
  1. : 500 = +1 damage
  2. : 600 = +2 damage
  3. : 700 = +3 damage
  4. 800 = +4 damage
  5. 900 = +5 damage

Pistols
1d6 + level + weapon tier
These handheld firearms can be dual wielded for extra bang bang.
Tier:
  1. : 500 = +2 damage
  2. : 600 = +3 damage
  3. : 700 = +4 damage
  4. 800 = +5 damage
  5. 900 = +6 damage

Submachine Guns
3d4 + level + weapon tier
Like pistols, but automatic. These weapons bleed damage from one target to the next but cannot be dual wielded.
Tier:
  1. : 400 = +2
  2. : 600 = +3
  3. : 800 = +4
  4. : 1000 = +5
  5. : 1200 = +6

Shotguns
1d6 + level + weapon tier
These close range weapons can hit three enemies at once!
Tier:
  1. : 600 = +2
  2. : 800 = +3
  3. : 1000 = +4
  4. : 1200 = +5
  5. : 1400 = +6

ARs
3d6 + level + weapon tier
Automatic rifles may not penetrate like rifles or bleed from one target to the next, but they are capable of dishing out extremely high amounts of damage to a single target and are incredibly modifiable.
Tier:
  2. : 800 = +3
  3. : 1000 = +4
  4. : 1200 = +5
  5. : 1400 = +6

Rifles
1d12 + level + weapon tier (penetrates equal to the weapon tier bonus.)
The most classic of firearms, this lengthy gun can pierce the thickest armor and snipe from long distances.
Tier:
  2. : 1000 = +3
  3. : 1200 = +4
  4. : 1400 = +5
  5. : 1600 = +6

Grenades
  • Frag: 500 X 1 (1d10 against all enemies)
  • EMP: 500 X 1 (1d10 X 2 against all robots)
  • Incendiary: 500 X 1 (1d10 X 2 against organic enemies)
  • Flashbang: 1000 X 1 (causes all enemies to lose 1d4 amount of turns)
  • IED: 1000 X 1 (1d20 against all enemies)
  • Plasma: 2000 X 1 (2d20 against all enemies)

Meds & Chems
  • Stimpack: 200 X 1 (1d6 healing)
  • Super Stimpack: 500 X 1 (2d8 healing, cannot use more than twice or you must chance a 50/50 chance of overdosing)
  • Hyper Stimpack: 1000 X 1 (3d10 healing, cannot use more than once or you must chance a 50/50 chance of overdosing)
  • Jet: 1000 X 1 (gain 2 extra turns, cannot use more than once or you must chance a 50/50 chance of overdosing)
  • Med-X: 500 X 1 (Gain 1d10 armor, cannot use more than once or you must chance a 50/50 chance of overdosing)
  • Psycho: 500 X 1 (Gain 1d10 damage, cannot use more than once or you must chance a 50/50 chance of overdosing)

Helmets
Tier:
  1. : 600 = +3
  2. : 1000 = +4
  3. : 1200 = +5
  4. : 1400 = +6
  5. : 1600 = +7

Bullet Proof Vests
Tier:
  1. : 1000 = +2
  2. : 2000 = +4
  3. : 3000 = +6
  4. : 4000 = +8
  5. : 5000 = +10

Arm/Glove Protection
Tier:
  1. : 300 = +1
  2. : 400 = +2
  3. : 500 = +3
  4. : 600 = +4
  5. : 700 = +5

Leg Protection
Tier:
  1. : 300 = +1
  2. : 400 = +2
  3. : 500 = +3
  4. : 600 = +4
  5. : 700 = +5

[/list]

The Map

wisconsin_water.gif
Character Creation & Posting

How do I make my character?

Copy + paste this simple character sheet and post it in this thread when you're finished. Don't forget to check it over for errors!

Code:
[center][img]put your picture here.jpg[/img]
[font=georgia][size=5][b][u]Name:[/u][/b] (Your name here)
[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] (Gender here)
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] (Age here)

[b][u]Weapon:[/u][/b] (Weapon here) (T1)
[b][u]Head:[/u][/b] (Choose one armor item) (T1)
[b][u]Chest:[/u][/b] (Choose one armor item) (T1)
[b][u]Arms:[/u][/b](Choose one armor item) (T1)
[b][u]Legs:[/u][/b] (Choose one armor item) (T1)

[b][u]S[/u][/b](0) [b][u]P[/u][/b](0) [b][u]E[/u][/b](0) [b][u]C[/u][/b](0) [b][u]I[/u][/b](0) [b][u]A[/u][/b](0) [b][u]L[/u][/b](0) [/center]

[b][u]Background:[/u][/b][/center] (
Just a paragraph summary will do nicely right here.)
[/size][/font]

What should my posts look like?
Code:
[border=8px inset #cccccc][side=left][font=georgia]
[CENTER][I]The Red Storm[/I][/CENTER]
[centerblock=60][h][heightrestrict=475][IMG]https://www.rpnation.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Forig00.deviantart.net%2Ff430%2Ff%2F2013%2F134%2F1%2F5%2Fold_commission__female_soldier_by_ionen-d65a6hb.jpg&hash=18371ac9623c30bce18340dd05d0342b[/IMG][/heightrestrict][/h][/centerblock]
[CENTER][I]Age: ???
Race: Human
Mood: Irritated[/I]

[b]Attack:[/b](Total attack here)
[b]Armor:[/b](Total armor here)[/CENTER]
[/font][/side]

[CENTER][font=georgia][SIZE=7][B][I][COLOR=#ffbb2b][U]Nyvera[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][I]Hand of the Master[/I][/SIZE][/font][/CENTER]

[font=georgia][SIZE=4] Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][I][COLOR=#ffbb2b]Blah blah blah blah blah[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[/border]

The Red Storm
old_commission__female_soldier_by_ionen-d65a6hb.jpg
Race: Human
Mood: Irritated

Attack:(Total attack here)
Armor:(Total armor here)​

Nyvera
Hand of the Master

Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah

Blah blah blah blah blah​

Test Character Sheet

Test Character

old_commission__female_soldier_by_ionen-d65a6hb.jpg

Name: Nyvera

Weapon: Kinetic Fist (T0 +1)
Head: Rusty Helmet (T0+1)
Chest: Red leather Trenchcoat (T0+1)
Arms: Metal Gauntlets (T0+1)
Legs: Padded Leather Pants (T0+1)

S(3) P(0) E(0) C(0) I(0) A(0) L(0)

Background:

Little is known about the mercenary known as 'The Red Storm' on account of her psyker powers and her tendency to leave all of her witnesses dead. Some say she's a demon out of hell, a vengeful witch brought back to life by radiation to wreak havoc on the human race. Others say she's just a normal girl driven to violence out of a basic instinct to survive. All we really know for sure is that she's someone you shouldn't cross on the battlefield or that special day of the month; nobody who has ever pissed her off has ever walked away with anything short of missing limbs or loss of life (and that's when she's feeling charitable!) She currently lives in Little China as a bodyguard for the enigmatic leader of Little China.

Last edited:
mountain-man-art-print-nobel-time-by-russ-docken-1225540584.jpg

Name: Jebediah "Jeb" Crane

S(0) P(2) E(1) C(0) I(0) A(1) L(0)

Background:

Howdy, name's Jeb. Not much to say. Lived in them woods all my life. Parents were trappers, taught me how to hunt. Said they were part a' the 'clave fore they got run out. Ma died in childbirth. Pa passed on a few years back. Been huntin' and trappin' my own since then. Got a cabin out yonder ways. Came in to town restock for the winter, stayin' here a few days. See if the folk here need some help. Someone usually needs some good trackin' or furs. Gonna see if theres a good job in town 'fore I mosey on back. Heard anything abouts lately?

Last edited:

Jeb's Inventory

Weapons
Rifles
T0 (1d12+2)
T1 (1d12+4)
Devil Joe's Rifle
Automatic Rifles
None
Shotguns
T1 (1d6+5) {4 targets}
SMGs